Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'm gonna say 64 resets, just because of XD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
69 Resets because I like dumb numbers

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013
I'll go with 40 for no particular reason

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Seriously? Y'all found XD to be harder for snagging?

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

It is a challenge.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Yeesh, these guesses are getting crowded. I'm going with 16 just because.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

5 Resets.

3 of those on the later Pokemon.

That's my guess. :colbert:

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Question: are you always intending to catch a shadow Pokemon on the first go? If you let a pokemon faint and catch it on its next opportunity does that count as a reset

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

I’ll go 25, I doubt I’ll be close though.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I will be obtaining every Shadow Pokemon the first time we are able to catch them. If they faint, it's a reset.

Liking the numbers so far, but I do question anything higher than 30, perhaps. Well who knows how things will turn out, this LP is only just getting started.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I shall halve my guess to 21.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

I will be obtaining every Shadow Pokemon the first time we are able to catch them. If they faint, it's a reset.

Liking the numbers so far, but I do question anything higher than 30, perhaps. Well who knows how things will turn out, this LP is only just getting started.

In that case 1 time
Don't let me down, cross

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Then I shall let you down in the next update.

FriskyBoat
Apr 23, 2011
31 is a fun number. I remember playing Colosseum when I was younger, and I felt like it was kinda...meh, but it was also around the time when I was about to take a few years off from Pokemon, so :shrug:

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

Then I shall let you down in the next update.

I will never trust again................

I actually reset a lot in this game but not for capture failures, it was to get them in females. Had to get those sweet sweet dex entries somehow!
XD I had to loop around once on one specific trainer but otherwise was pretty cut & dry.

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

I'm also basing my high number of resets off the fact that Pokemon Colosseum is the only Pokemon game where I legit had a late-game party wipe. If the AI starts focus-firing on one Pokemon, it can blow holes in your team fast.

ParTwo
Mar 5, 2013

I'm making it rain-Bo!
22 because I feel obligated to guess that number.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
I like that you're using remoraid, so I predict that you will have 23 resets.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I like the number 29.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Ok gently caress it I'm back to 17.

It was my first guess anyway.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

I'm betting on 15.

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

Hmm, how about 19? Don't think I saw anyone take that yet.

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

ANGER HAS NEVER BEEN MORE MANLY THAN THIS
I'll be that guy and and guess 18.

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

25? I lost track of what numbers were grabbed already.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
c'mon baybye, don't fail me now, 26

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

hmm, a lot of numbers in that 15-35 range are gone

Might as well pick one that isn't. 27

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Then 28 for me.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Put me down for 37. That feels about right for what I remember of the Orre games.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
I'm gonna go with 43 resets.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

007, in honor of our protagonist exploding the bad guys base.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

13, if that wasn't taken already.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

9 Never played XD but I don't remember ever having a problem with it in Colosseum.

Toyotasomi no Miko
Oct 23, 2016
Gonna bet an even 30 for reasons. Good luck with the resets, and hope you don't struggle too much.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
I'm gonna go with 92 because sometimes RNG just hates people.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Oh wow I was not expecting so many submissions, everyone must really like Bat Rats, I'm super flattered so many people are reading my little LPs. The deadline is still the 2nd boss, so change your number or repost it or do whatever as often as you like until then.

Blue Link
Apr 22, 2014
I believe in you, but not enough to think you won't get into double digits.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
I'm going to guess about 20 times

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Cross, your LPs have inspired me to dig out my collection (Gen IV and above, that is) and start going at it again so i'm excited to see what you do with a game I only played once or twice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

Oh wow I was not expecting so many submissions, everyone must really like Bat Rats, I'm super flattered so many people are reading my little LPs. The deadline is still the 2nd boss, so change your number or repost it or do whatever as often as you like until then.

12 retries

• Locked thread