Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I run my Octavia with more range and duration and strength or efficiency and I find the bonus duration to completely take care of any energy needs she has. Strength does pump up over half the buffs she can dish out and it can be real nice, but i find a duration build means she never has energy problems and everyone stays invisible longer. Having slightly lower strength means mallet only takes one or two more really quick ticks to kill things, everything still dies the instant something gets one really good shot off on the thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

The Jumpoff posted:

So I finally got my Riven unveiled and it's for the tetra...

That's after a couple rolls because the initial roll was garbage (+112% Zoom, +200% Puncture, -50% fire rate) and this is the best one I got before my Kuva ran out. I think it could turn the tetra into a hilarious status gun with the bouncing shots mod and just sticking every status mod into it. But that would involve using the Tetra, or it's Prisma variant (if it would even accept the Riven). Maybe when the Prisma Tetra comes around again I'll pick it up and try and make this thing work.

If this is tradable and on PC, I'm interested in turning my Terta into a ricocheting failure gun!

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
FYI, Nidus quest being bad is only due to a single part of it. There's a team deathmatch arena mission against NPCs where you cannot score more than 5 then the opposing team. This is hard because your teammates are retarded NPCs who could die to the enemies somewhere and dropped their point ticket or you could play goalie and hold the enemies except if your retarded buddies got lucky and managed to score then you're still hosed.

And then there's the other arena mission where you cannot win because the other team cheated and you have to take the loss and do another mission.

Basically those two missions inside a string of bland missions made the quest frustrating and give a bad taste at the end, so much that many here hate The Index play mode so much even when it's actually not bad and the easiest way to make credits, outside of the quest.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

FunkyFjord posted:

I run my Octavia with more range and duration and strength or efficiency and I find the bonus duration to completely take care of any energy needs she has. Strength does pump up over half the buffs she can dish out and it can be real nice, but i find a duration build means she never has energy problems and everyone stays invisible longer. Having slightly lower strength means mallet only takes one or two more really quick ticks to kill things, everything still dies the instant something gets one really good shot off on the thing.

I like to run increased strength mainly to increase the damage buff that Amp gives to other players, but you're right - Mallet tends to kill stuff so quickly that giving a slightly less powerful buff that lasts a lot longer could be much more beneficial overall (especially when I just straight up run out of energy during onslaught, then I'm usefull to everyone) When it comes right down to it, the different between a 200% damage amp and 250% damage amp means that maybe a slightly tougher enemy takes an extra 0.2 seconds to kill, and makes no difference at all when you're just melting cannon fodder.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

ForkBanger posted:

If this is tradable and on PC, I'm interested in turning my Terta into a ricocheting failure gun!

Sure, my IGN is DrTryhard. Sent me a PM whenever I'm on (probably in an hour or two)

mortal
Oct 12, 2012

wid posted:

FYI, Nidus quest being bad is only due to a single part of it. There's a team deathmatch arena mission against NPCs where you cannot score more than 5 then the opposing team. This is hard because your teammates are retarded NPCs who could die to the enemies somewhere and dropped their point ticket or you could play goalie and hold the enemies except if your retarded buddies got lucky and managed to score then you're still hosed.

And then there's the other arena mission where you cannot win because the other team cheated and you have to take the loss and do another mission.

Basically those two missions inside a string of bland missions made the quest frustrating and give a bad taste at the end, so much that many here hate The Index play mode so much even when it's actually not bad and the easiest way to make credits, outside of the quest.

Don't all of the components for Nidus drop from rotation C of the second worst non-archwing game mode?

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010

mortal posted:

Don't all of the components for Nidus drop from rotation C of the second worst non-archwing game mode?

Yeah but the overall blueprint is only gotten through the worst quest in the game.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
infested salvage isn't that bad if you play solo, but it's still possible for the rng to turbofuck you and never drop the dang nidus part.

0lives
Nov 1, 2012

make sure you get the smaller map when you do infested salvage, if you don't get it just leave and restart. farming the nidus caused me great anguish to a level I thought impossible. at the very least I got a whole bunch of desk ornaments, and also nidus is super radical

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I feel like buying a frame. I have 362 plat right now, current lineup is:

Volt
Nekros
Excalibur
Harrow (bought that one because I heard it’s a bitch to get otherwise). Any suggestions?

Equinox. The grind is just not worth it. Save yourself the mental anguish and grab it for plat.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

xiansi posted:

Also, he's not available 'til much later on, and even then it's an awful quest to get the frame.
I have just gone over 450 hours and I still don't have the pherliac pod blueprint, which is untradeable so I can't even buy it off trade.*

Also have been watching RuPaul's drag race, so now the idea of there being a trade chat makes me giggle.

* Wait, that's Atlas. Nidus wasn't too bad, just frustrating the whole scripted loss bit. I kind of enjoy Index, it reminds me of simplified Unreal TDM.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jun 5, 2018

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

END ME SCOOB posted:

Here's a serious tip from me to you: there is a relatively common Plains mod called Hunter Adrenaline. Max it, and it turns 45% of health damage into energy.

You can probably see where this is going, and how incredibly handy it will be with Nidus' 1/2.

Do I get a Plains mod by dicking around in free roam or do I have to do quests from the Dude in Cetus to get them?

I am constantly amazed by how improved this game is from when I first played it, it’s insane. A lot of the annoying poo poo is gone, I can actually solo content (I play at work a lot so that’s HUGE for me), and lotus doesn’t tell you to overhaul the security any more!

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

^Edit^: There are many plains resources you can get from free roam, and the regular grineer and the ghouls I think can drop some of those mods. But you'll get them far more quickly through bounties and I'd bet that all the gold rewards, Auguer Secrets etc, won't drop from anything but bounty rewards. Edit Again: It looks like the high rank/rarer mods only drop as bounty rewards or as drops from grineer that only spawn as a result of an assassination bounty. So bounties it is for all the rarer set mods.

Equinox is maybe the only frame that I would personally recommend buying for plat, I think that took me three or four days to grind with off and on couple hours long sessions each day. Then if you really feel like spending plat, buy any of the ones whose quests will give you a riven on completion if you already have them.

Aside from that, maybe Ivara is worth buying. She's ridiculously broken and some people really hate farming spy missions for her, or get really unlucky with it, or both. But I'd look up videos of her play style before buying her because she's different.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jun 5, 2018

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

FunkyFjord posted:

Aside from that, maybe Ivara is worth buying. She's ridiculously broken and some people really hate farming spy missions for her, or get really unlucky with it, or both. But I'd look up videos of her play style before buying her because she's different.

Ivara is worth farming just so you can force yourself to actually learn the spy maps instead of avoiding them all the time.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Ivara is worth farming just so you can force yourself to actually learn the spy maps instead of avoiding them all the time.

Ya I'd agree to that. People complain about Lua spy all the time when in reality it's the best spy tileset.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Do I get a Plains mod by dicking around in free roam or do I have to do quests from the Dude in Cetus to get them?

I am constantly amazed by how improved this game is from when I first played it, it’s insane. A lot of the annoying poo poo is gone, I can actually solo content (I play at work a lot so that’s HUGE for me), and lotus doesn’t tell you to overhaul the security any more!

hunter adrenaline comes from the ghoul invasion event on the plains. warframe.market has it going for a couple of plat though and even though i only have one or two copies of it ive only been around for on ghoul event so im sure goons who've been around longer have spares they'd give you if you ask in clanchat

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

also you have to crack all three vaults for her pieces anyways and those typically drop good mods as well if you do that

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

FunkyFjord posted:

^Edit^: There are many plains resources you can get from free roam, and the regular grineer and the ghouls I think can drop some of those mods. But you'll get them far more quickly through bounties and I'd bet that all the gold rewards, Auguer Secrets etc, won't drop from anything but bounty rewards. Edit Again: It looks like the high rank/rarer mods only drop as bounty rewards or as drops from grineer that only spawn as a result of an assassination bounty. So bounties it is for all the rarer set mods.

You would lose that bet. The enemies also spawn in the plains without a bounty, but it's both a rare occurrence to see a suitable incursion and they're very rare drops.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hunter mods came originally came from the plague star event. the event has happened twice and hunter adrenaline was one of the common drops. it's not rare, so just ask in clanchat.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

FunkyFjord posted:

In addition to that, don't the quests for Inaros, Nidus, and Harrow grant you a riven mod if you bought them before completing them respectively?

The inaros quest does not. I got a second Inaros. I can't speak for the other two.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the more recent quests give you a riven if you've already bought the frame before doing the quest, so yeah nidus and harrow are covered by that

also i would say not to buy equinox because she has a lot of parts but tyl regor is an easy boss fight so at the very least it's a simple grind that isn't frustrating to actually do

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Aren't there a couple mods that are only attainable from incursions? Spring loaded blade, kinetic diversion, etc?

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Harrow is the only frame I've outright bought with plat. Screw defection, and screw spy after the tenth time with no parts. Equinox sucks, but at least you have Tyl's sexy voice <3 and nidus was relaxing, if tedious.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Which frames should you just buy the Prime for? (It can be cheaper than buying the base frame with plat)

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

Which frames should you just buy the Prime for? (It can be cheaper than buying the base frame with plat)

Whatever is vaulted. When hunting for a prime frame at best you get the frame parts and maybe even a new weapon, at worst you have ducat fodder.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Raptor1033 posted:

Aren't there a couple mods that are only attainable from incursions? Spring loaded blade, kinetic diversion, etc?

There are some only attainable from incursions or bounties, but neither has any exclusive mods IIRC.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
equinox farming can be either very smooth or very painful. it's all up to the rng, so there's really no telling which experience someone will have. personally, i burned all my wf luck on equinox when i got the full set in 12 runs and thus had a terrible time getting nidus and octavia.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I got Nidus and Octavia fairly quickly, but it took me about 50 Kuva Spys and entirely too many Defecation runs for Harrow.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I farmed equinox the bad way and it's convinced me not to farm any of the other frames in the game ever.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i did the harrow quest and only then tried out defection for the first time. i immediately bought harrow.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Yeah I just bought Harrow like an hour ago because gently caress that.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
If anyone has a bunch of Lith relics that give the Nekros Prime BP as the top reward, hit me up (IGN: DrTryhard). I just dumped 11 of the fuckers, all Radiant, and got nothing but commons from them so I'm still chasing the last thing I need for Nekros Prime. I've got a metric ton of old Lith relics (including ones that potentially give Mag Prime BP's) that got converted from the void keys system.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

And Tyler Too! posted:

I got Nidus and Octavia fairly quickly, but it took me about 50 Kuva Spys and entirely too many Defecation runs for Harrow.

I ran into an Octavia for the first time and their tune was this jaunty jungle beat. The only I can think of describing it. It was awesome.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

The Jumpoff posted:

If anyone has a bunch of Lith relics that give the Nekros Prime BP as the top reward, hit me up (IGN: DrTryhard). I just dumped 11 of the fuckers, all Radiant, and got nothing but commons from them so I'm still chasing the last thing I need for Nekros Prime. I've got a metric ton of old Lith relics (including ones that potentially give Mag Prime BP's) that got converted from the void keys system.

I've got 7, if nobody has helped you with this in a day or two, hit me up, I need to get void traces to power the bastards up since I just blew all mine failing to get a Tigris Prime barrel.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Nekros Prime is probably easier to get than regular Nekros, and will give you plenty of prime parts to build or sell for ducats while you grind rifts.

Whereas regular old Nekros, you have to build derelict keys to get lephantis coordinates so you can then build assassination keys and get a random Nekros part, and the drop rates are skewed so much you'll have a bunch of leftover parts you can only sell for credits you'll probably need after building all those goddamn keys.

devinebovine
Sep 7, 2006

Bring corpro! What a wonderful phrase

Bring corpro! Ain't no passing craze

It means no worries for the rest of your days

It's our problem-free philosophy

Bring corpro!
Should I keep rolling this?

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

devinebovine posted:

No, you've won.

Cascade Failure
Jan 8, 2010

devinebovine posted:

I wouldn't, that's a very good roll. Keep it or sell for mad plats.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Congratulations, you can probably one-shot synovia with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

The Jumpoff posted:

I have 17 I don’t need. I’ll look for you in clan chat or discord ping me. I’m interested in mag p relics, was actually pricing it just the other day.

Also I might just have a bp I could trade you. I’ll check.

Psion fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Jun 5, 2018