Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

DACK FAYDEN posted:

They should do Animal Crossing 100% but like, no codes, just Tom Nook scumming (*do not do this)

On a related note, I would loooove to see a speedrun of Sim City for SNES without taking advantage of the infinite money glitch. Can't seem to find an attempt anywhere though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

Double Punctuation posted:

The best moment had to be counting the map markers, and the eventual, frustrated conclusion they came to.

Oh dear, I don't remember, what happened?

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Golbez posted:

Oh dear, I don't remember, what happened?

The wiki turned out to be completely wrong and listed too many locations for the base game. This took several counts and recounts for them to figure out, which was further hampered by their lack of sleep. They ended up opening another copy of Oblivion during the third attempt at Nirnroots, and I think they ran the tmm command to prove that they had found them all.

Pretty much everything they were worried about happening did happen at some point during the run, except for trainers dying unexpectedly, which would have killed the run. Some other things: The worst time loss aside from Nirnroots was having to redo Sanguine and Thieves due to the bug with Castle Leyawiin. At one point, the online map they were using crashed, so they had to use a lovely map that wasn’t zoomed in far enough. Having to smell a bucket full of harsh chemicals and sit in full Arctic gear for 30 minutes at a time didn’t help them, either.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Is there a highlights video of that because it sounds terrible and hilarious.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

RBA Starblade posted:

I know they have the entire thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO0YuXu2s_M

but I don't know about highlights.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CQHtAo37mY&t=1769s

29:29

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jesus

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

I think you mean, “Gawd!”

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

https://twitter.com/GDQMuffins/status/1001622943716315136

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Thanks for the heads up Studio! SGDQ aligns perfectly with some time off I'm taking this year, so I was really bummed that I didn't get a registration in when they initially opened up.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

King of Solomon posted:

Thanks for the heads up Studio! SGDQ aligns perfectly with some time off I'm taking this year, so I was really bummed that I didn't get a registration in when they initially opened up.

:yeah:

Glad to help! Not sure how many spots are left, but refunds are cancelled at 11:59 alongside registration, so it will probably be in flux for a bit.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

I thought Kosmicd12's SMB1 any% would stand for awhile, but somewes has done it with a flagpole glitch in 8-3 to save a frame rule. A few frames could be saved in 8-4, but not many.

https://youtu.be/wGLCynbwK28

Kosmicd12 is now trying to get good at the insanely difficult 1-2 pipe clip to save another frame rule, which I think is the last known human-possible frame rule to be had.

https://youtu.be/cmJ3p_PT2tA

Then it's just a matter of stringing all of the flagpole glitches, the 1-2 pipe clip, the bullet bill glitch, and a perfect 8-4 together in a single game.

:psyduck:

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

cool cool is there a 100% oblivion speedrun where they don't shout slurs at the 36 minute mark because that would be excellent

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

cool cool is there a 100% oblivion speedrun where they don't shout slurs at the 36 minute mark because that would be excellent

A twitch stream without dumb asses saying dumb rear end poo poo is like a Bethesda game that isn't awful, just aint gonna happen.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

there is only one 100% oblivion speed run and only assholes could do it so thats what you get. I hope they do another one soon. Despite a few things it was a fun run to watch and the last 12 hours or so of nirnroot and location discovery nonsense were pretty funny. Also watching their disposition slowly decay over the course of 80 hours or whatever it ended up being was fun.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Yoku's Island Express is a metroidvania pinball game that came out a few days ago and despite being sort of mediocre at pinball, and I made an attempt at speedrunning it. I might be the first person to do so? At least I haven't been able to find any other runs.

I think it could be cool to see someone actually good at pinball run it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I did not realize this was a thing until it showed up in my related videos.

Have Randomizers gone too far?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbhCRj4irlk&hd=1

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

I did not realize this was a thing until it showed up in my related videos.

Have Randomizers gone too far?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbhCRj4irlk&hd=1

It’s pretty fun. The SM side is way harder because it expects you to know a lot more tech. Although I believe they have a casual mode now that guarantees morph.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

hanales posted:

It’s pretty fun. The SM side is way harder because it expects you to know a lot more tech. Although I believe they have a casual mode now that guarantees morph.
They were too busy wondering if they could, to think about if they should.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

no, the only one was done by rear end in a top hat college bros

like someone asked so I will provide but I am not exactly endorsing

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Pfft, it's all about FF4 Free Enterprise rando nowadays, ya'll still living in 2017 with your ALttP randomizer.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Infected posted:

Pfft, it's all about FF4 Free Enterprise rando nowadays, ya'll still living in 2017 with your ALttP randomizer.

I’m enjoying Ff1 randomizer.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Infected posted:

What's ff4 free enterprise rando?

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
It sounds like a libertarian remake of FF4 which is maybe the most unappealing thing I've heard in a while.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

What's ff4 free enterprise rando?

https://www.ff4-free-enterprise.com

Basically breaks story mode so you can do things in any order, which then allows for randomization on top of that.

It’s cool.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I tried it out last night, got started with Yang and Palom. Talked to an NPC in the bar in the first town and got thrown into a fight against Barbariccia. Good poo poo.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Actually the new hotness is OoT rando

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

can't wait for rando rando, where you launch a nameless executable and it randomly picks a game that is then randomized

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

can't wait for rando rando, where you launch a nameless executable and it randomly picks a game that is then randomized

ROM Check Fail already exists

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
it’s called rom check fail

E: gently caress youuuuuuuuu

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

well poo poo

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y99Wj-NStok

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI62Gf7bc3c
Terraria: Expert Mode all bosses in 1h24m, UNSEEDED.
This is impressive, and possibly a little sad considering how many runs this must've taken to pull off.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

McFrugal posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI62Gf7bc3c
Terraria: Expert Mode all bosses in 1h24m, UNSEEDED.
This is impressive, and possibly a little sad considering how many runs this must've taken to pull off.

Is that modded or has Terraria had a fuckload of QOL improvements since I last played?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

I watched this last night. I can't believe a fairly mundane figure 8 track had such an exciting history.

Summoning Salt needs to be making videos all the time, everything he does is great.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

UberJew posted:

Is that modded or has Terraria had a fuckload of QOL improvements since I last played?
When did you last play? Hardmode and subsequent additions have been in for years now, and every patch has added all sorts of QOL additions as well as like two dozen more bosses.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Invictus posted:

When did you last play? Hardmode and subsequent additions have been in for years now, and every patch has added all sorts of QOL additions as well as like two dozen more bosses.

After hardmode was added, though I never actually managed to get into hard mode, but before a lot of this stuff

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
A full playthrough for me takes about 40 to 60 hours, you should give it a good run all the way through since it's got a real final boss now and everything

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

anyone who wasn't vaguely paying attention to the game wouldn't know but terraria has been steadily getting little updates here and there over the years

i'm surprised that speedrun actually worked, goddamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Yeah it's good now. Just don't play Expert, it's not really balanced for single player unless you're so good you can dodge literally everything and are well versed in constructing arenas for fighting bosses.