Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pirate Jet posted:

Haha, oops, WB left the logo in their livestream's source code.

Hell. loving. yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Pirate Jet posted:

The name "Hitman 2" makes me... concerned. I mean, I'm still buying it day one hell yes, but I was really looking forward to using season 1 suits and gadgets in season 2 levels and vice-versa.

The gadgets and so on are like the entirety of the progression in the game that isn't personal mechanical mastery, so I can def see them resetting it all. There's not that many more new gadgets they could add if they kept all s1 stuff in to start with.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
It would be cool if it was a separate game, because the current one is like 80gb now, but you could load the save from the first one to unlock all the stuff you got at some point (maybe after all the episodes release or whatever)

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Blasmeister posted:

The gadgets and so on are like the entirety of the progression in the game that isn't personal mechanical mastery, so I can def see them resetting it all. There's not that many more new gadgets they could add if they kept all s1 stuff in to start with.

Yeah, starting out season 2 with a fully unlocked arsenal would be kind of silly. Maybe there could be a way to split the difference by gating it in some way like Hokkaido, but like you said they'll still run into the issue of most of the obvious stuff already being available and not having much new stuff to hand out. Plus obviously the game's more accessible to new players if they don't feel like they're missing out on a bunch of poo poo if they don't grind through 1 now. Keeping costume rewards might be nice I guess?

I hope they don't ditch marked opportunities like they did in the DLC. Maybe they're training wheels for dumb babbies who don't know how to play, but whatever, they're fun.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jun 5, 2018

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Wolfsheim posted:

Okay, I've played all of S1 and I'm just now finding out that there was a plot in Hitman beyond 'go kill that dipshit by stabbing him with his dad's family knife or something for laughs' :raise:

What I liked about Hitman was that the game was designed for you to uncover more of the story and worldbuilding by replaying the levels more often and in different ways. If you approached it as a slow burner you got everything, although that design choice came at the expense of those that just wanted to kamikaze missions and be done with them.

The moment that I understood this in full was when I started Paris in the auction room and evesdropped on the very first conversation between Margolis and her bodyguard. I was captivated by it, both for the story revelations and the way IOI set things up for you to discover it.

Bring on Hitseamanson 2!

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
I am very hyped for more implausible accidents to kill people with while dressed as a clown!

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Sinteres posted:

Yeah, starting out season 2 with a fully unlocked arsenal would be kind of silly. Maybe there could be a way to split the difference by gating it in some way like Hokkaido, but like you said they'll still run into the issue of most of the obvious stuff already being available and not having much new stuff to hand out. Plus obviously the game's more accessible to new players if they don't feel like they're missing out on a bunch of poo poo if they don't grind through 1 now. Keeping costume rewards might be nice I guess?

Season 2: Now with super powers!

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I don't really care about gadgets but we'd better get to keep the suits. :sassargh:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Pilchenstein posted:

I don't really care about gadgets but we'd better get to keep the suits. :sassargh:
Agreed. Losing gadgets makes sense from a balancing/gameplay perspective, keeping suits makes sense since they're (almost) entirely cosmetic and in some sense irreplaceable. Just add a Season 1/Season 2 selector if you want to avoid clutter.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I just want a goddamn crossbow. Is that too much to ask?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Have they said anything about making elusive targets into permanent missions in season 1? I only get to play this game occasionally and it sucks missing out on those so having them to play whenever would be nice.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Stare-Out posted:

Have they said anything about making elusive targets into permanent missions in season 1? I only get to play this game occasionally and it sucks missing out on those so having them to play whenever would be nice.
Yeah, they've said in the past that they won't do it. Partially because it'd take away what makes them special, partially because they're less "solid" than the main missions.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

drat, that's a drag. Thanks.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

double nine posted:

I want the staple gun from the intro arsenal scroll.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

oooh. Any other old fun tools from the codename 47/silent assassin loadouts that could do with returning?

I have to admit I'm oddly fond of the old chloroform mechanic - the one where it gives you a 5 minute timer before the victim wakes up and alerts everyone. IMO it could return as a modifier/challenge mode.

Also the "suit retrieval" penalty to the score screen was adorable but probably doesn't fit well with the current sandbox design.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
I just really hope they bring both different rankings other than the current "Silent Assassin or you failed and get nothing" stuff.

Blood Money was awesome for that, if you messed up and had to kill a couple of guards you'd get a totally different rank based on whether or not you hid them properly or even if you killed them with headshots or with a knife.

Pilchenstein posted:

I hope they let us keep the gadgets we've unlocked and just add the ability to customize them again

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I want my suits, a crossbow, and an ax murderer/psychopath/... labels at end of mission

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bring back the Blood Money newspaper articles at the end of each mission :allears:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

double nine posted:

I want my suits, a crossbow, and an ax murderer/psychopath/... labels at end of mission

these would be cool as contract parameters: get psychopath (killed 20 non-targets or whatever) while suit-only and without anyone finding corpses

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

So how many people is IOI employing whose full-time occupation is finding and designing new suits for players?

not enough

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

double nine posted:

So how many people is IOI employing whose full-time occupation is finding and designing new suits for players?

not enough

I know y'all like to play dress up in your murder simulator because you're hosed in the head, but IOI is bleeding money right now until they can get the new season out. I just hope they can deliver on some solid levels and get a foot hold. They can do everything else later in bonus content or DLC.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

Bring back the Blood Money newspaper articles at the end of each mission :allears:

Omg Yea! I loved those especially when I killed everyone in the level.

Never leave witnesses.

Also hope they bring back the weapon customization.

Dual wielding fully auto silenced extended mag quick fire silver ballers, good times

Sniper case was the best

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I hope they add wallbangs

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

They should add a joke/toy weapon that shoots out a flag with "bang" on it when you pull the trigger. Only mechanically it functions like the silverballer

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

double nine posted:

not enough

What do you mean? You've got the traditional Hitman suit, the traditional Hitman suit with gloves, the traditional Hitman suit with a different shade of red tie, the traditional Hitman suit with a coat...

I'm mostly kidding obviously, I really liked the different starting outfits for the different locales. Some of the unlocks left me wanting more though, "Blood Money Suit" doesn't do anything for me since the guy wears the same thing in every game.

Also it's been said multiple times in the thread already, once you've got Santa and/or Clown there's really no need for anything else.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/1004030095655362573

https://mobile.twitter.com/wbgames/status/1004041910804045826/video/1

Sounds racey

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Oh poo poo, I forgot they already established the episodic release structure with the "original". That level tease made me realize something could be coming a lot sooner than I was bracing for :getin:

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

A Le Mans or Monaco/Dubai/Shanghai F1 track with surrounding VIP, media, pit lane areas and stadium is the most perfect idea for a Hitman level.

It only annoys me that being a fan of the series for 18 years it's never occurred to me how perfect it really is.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!

double nine posted:

At least let me bring a little throwing knife or two that I can retrieve :(

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Capn Beeb posted:

At least let me bring a little throwing knife or two that I can retrieve :(

kitchen knives and screwdrivers stack and are lethal throwables. Though it would indeed be useful/fun if I didn't have to acquire them in situ.

e: hokkaido (mastery?) adds shurikens, you get 3 and they're lethal recoverable throwables

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

sniper suitcase or bust for Hitman2

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i wish there was more to differentiate melee weapons other than slight differences in animation speed

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Matinee posted:

A Le Mans or Monaco/Dubai/Shanghai F1 track with surrounding VIP, media, pit lane areas and stadium is the most perfect idea for a Hitman level.

It only annoys me that being a fan of the series for 18 years it's never occurred to me how perfect it really is.

They make it so 47 can drive a race car on the track and cause your target to get into an "accident."

Probably not, but meddling with a race car sounds just as plausible albeit slightly less awesome.

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

WindyMan posted:

They make it so 47 can drive a race car on the track and cause your target to get into an "accident."

Probably not, but meddling with a race car sounds just as plausible albeit slightly less awesome.

As much as I would love that it's fully playable (there's an extended sequence along those lines in the recent James Bond novel 'Trigger Mortis' - (recommended)) - I can see it being a quasi cut scene like 47 walking the Paris catwalk or hammering out a sick drum solo in Bangkok.

I'm thinking more about accidents like F1 fuel being unbelievably flammable (and invisible!), or poisoning the winner's Champagne, etc.

Is it Thursday yet?

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Can't wait for Hitman: Sniper Challenge 2

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

The sliver of a female face in the WB thumbnail lines up with the blurred face in the IOI videos.

Also, per people on Reddit doing screenshot analysis, the words in the IOI video are:

Sierra
5'11"
Driver
Tire Iron
Crowd
Accident

and the WB video supposedly has:

Harvard business
father, secured a job
(diligently?) working her
department, finally
CEO with her some
(something) developing
family business, and
foreign nationals,
decision to field test
several rogue nations

(those?) tests,
(something) as such.

Superiority complex in
trying to prove her
(unreadable) short, she is (uncertain?)
(unreadable) for her or not. Her

act out (often?) irrationally
(knowing?) her lifestyle of
(unreadable) harder.

(only?) invested in the Kro-
is the company's lead Race. She's won the race

Matinee fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jun 5, 2018

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Kanfy posted:

Can't wait for Hitman: Sniper Challenge 2

For real though I would love to see a lot more sniper-friendly setups integrated into maps. If the bush-hiding mechanic from Patient Zero Colorado and shootable events/destructible railings/body dump pits were more liberally integrated into every level we could set up some wicked-sick sniper kills and contracts and have further reason to whine about not having the sniper suitcase. It was the one thing I wish the first season had more of.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

DLC Inc posted:

sniper suitcase or bust for Hitman2

Honestly as much as I would love this, it seems like it would be gamebreaking in practice. Still holding out hope for a comicon episode.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Can’t wait to sabotage Dale Earnhardt’s steering wheel in Hitman 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

HMS Beagle posted:

Can’t wait to sabotage Dale Earnhardt’s steering wheel in Hitman 2.

wait a minute :aaa: