Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

it’s tape! (1:25)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

DiggityDoink posted:

it also didn't have a neutral safety switch so when i had it parked in front of my friend's house and she decided to start it from the passenger seat, it fired up and took off over her front lawn, this was before i learned about having the parking brake on all the time.

air cooled VW beetles didn't have one either. it was pretty amazing how far you could drive it just on the starter if the motor wouldn't start

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
hell my '95 325 didnt have one and it saved my rear end once when i ran out of gas in an intersection lmao

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
I foggily remember reading some old car’s owners manual that touted the lack of a clutch starter interlock as a safety feature in case you stall on train tracks

e^^^ haha so it actually has some merit

pram
Jun 10, 2001

lol

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

the guy making that is a goon, he posts occasional updates in the making games thread in games

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
you know what i miss? loving mechanical clutches. had a 77 f-100 with a three in the tree (which owned). whenever you stepped on the clutch you’d hear the rusty creaking of the pedal return springs. sounded like the screen door at grandma’s lake cottage from the days of my youth. :allears:

NeoHentaiMaster
Jul 13, 2004
More well adjusted then you'd think.

More pink diamond foreshadowing confirmed.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

big scary monsters posted:

the guy making that is a goon, he posts occasional updates in the making games thread in games

yeah, he's a good friend of mine and i told him to reg :v:

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

President Beep posted:

you know what i miss? loving mechanical clutches. had a 77 f-100 with a three in the tree (which owned). whenever you stepped on the clutch you’d hear the rusty creaking of the pedal return springs. sounded like the screen door at grandma’s lake cottage from the days of my youth. :allears:

you could also tell when the throwout bearing was about to go when you could feel crunching through the pedal when it was depressed.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the 2" of air in the clutch line in my 240sx wasn't a maintenance flub, it was an ambient temp thermometer

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

hell my '95 325 didnt have one and it saved my rear end once when i ran out of gas in an intersection lmao

my 70 volvo vapor locked at a light a few weeks back and i got it around the corner by cranking in drive.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

newer models have the safety lockout, but it's a configuration setting that can be coded out

at least on the e46 and e90 series, dunno about the f30

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
oldbitchuary

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

:laffo: :drat:

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Holy poo poo

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

tops blue bee

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

thats the prototype for the ultimate tesla stopgap

driver handoff to a remote pilot locked in a basement in mumbai

samir! youre fixing the car!

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

:vince: savage as gently caress

Agile Vector posted:

samir! youre fixing the car!

listen to me i'm begging you. :negative:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

dress for the job you want

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

wicked brain scar

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

:unsmith:

every proper mad scientist robot overlord needs a cool head scar anyway

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

dutch woman in a coolie hat, snafu

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

http://ekeler.com/game-boy-camera-canon-ef-mount/

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0SwlMohRng

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

There's something super cool about the aesthetic he gets in those images, drat

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

I love blubees

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/Cacophanus/status/1003414539780567040

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

i posted this months ago with out a single reply so let me at least give you a :thumbsup:

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

DiggityDoink posted:

i posted this months ago with out a single reply so let me at least give you a :thumbsup:

I must have missed it sorry!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

i’m the braille tattoo

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

dutch woman in a coolie hat, snafu
two friends of mine went on a student trip to indonesia some years ago

when they visited some small village they were apparently swarmed by the local population to fawn at them and express what an honour it was to have dutchmen (or possibly just white europeans) over

colonialism ain't dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

• Locked thread