Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
nice moment with Extremely Anime Kid realizing he just offered to pull max up by max's broken arm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Tollymain posted:

i love my incredibly dense gay son and hope he eventually gets a nice long break from thinking hes the only person who can save an entire community from some horrifying fate

not emptyquoting

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

What do you mean currently?
Every year after 0 BCE.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

What do you mean currently?

Eh he's not usually confused. He's more certain and very much wrong.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Zarei is having a good day.

Alt text: yes i'm old enough to have a middle-school aged child, i adoped him as a joke when i was 14

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

So, what's the over/under on Hijack dying next page suddenly, maybe to the bat poltergeist?

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
My guess is the business owner.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

neogeo0823 posted:

So, what's the over/under on Hijack dying next page suddenly, maybe to the bat poltergeist?
Four panels.

Three Starchman Stars says under.

Edit: There's also a page before this one that I don't think anybody linked.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
aye

also hijack isnt gonna fuckin die you fuckin weirdos

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
zack wrote a short sci-fi one-shot recently, its on their blog

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Para-new-tural!

TH-THERE'S A CHILD'S HEAD ON THAT LADY'S NOSE

I, for one, welcome our new primary antagonist overlords.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Pretty good.

That panel looks like he was warping reality itself.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Shindragon posted:

Pretty good.

He did freak out the student council president.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Shindragon posted:

Pretty good.

Its like he doesn’t belong there and he is displacing everything else around him. Like oil in water, if that makes sense.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Or he's a train that bends things around him. That's not as good of a metaphor, but his head's shape does match the same shape as the ghost train.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

neogeo0823 posted:

Those odds just jumped up a bit.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

If anything wild happens, it's way more likely this guy forces Hijack into a tool or something.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Patware posted:

If anything wild happens, it's way more likely this guy forces Hijack into a tool or something.

Why would a perfectly legitimate business owner do anything like that to a small child?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Patware posted:

Nuebot posted:

Why would a perfectly legitimate business owner do anything like that to a small child?

:capitalism:

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
I just know it is gonna turn out ambiguous again as to whether our legitimate businessman turns out to be a spectral, the setup is too easy.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

A lot of people seeing other people they shouldn't today.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Impossible...!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what the hell does 'yes, for all intents and purposes' mean

it could mean ghost but he seems p alive to me, pallor aside

what the gently caress does it mean

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I have absolutely no idea where this is going but following two plot threads in parallel is better than two hundred!

Looking forward to Hijack dying on Friday.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't believe the old woman was Boss Leader.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Tollymain posted:

what the hell does 'yes, for all intents and purposes' mean

it could mean ghost but he seems p alive to me, pallor aside

what the gently caress does it mean

It means he's not technically a spectral, but has all the traits spectrals have. The ability to see and intereact with spirits, not being dead, regenerating spirit energy, yadda yadda yadda.

My money's on he used his local business in cybertechology to give himself all the abilities that spectrals have, after a loved one was hospitalized by a ghost wolf.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I bet Mina is referring to some hare-brained scheme as a 13 year old to get one over on their geography teacher.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mystic Mongol posted:

It means he's not technically a spectral, but has all the traits spectrals have. The ability to see and intereact with spirits, not being dead, regenerating spirit energy, yadda yadda yadda.

My money's on he used his local business in wizardtechology to give himself all the abilities that spectrals have, after a loved one was hospitalized by a ghost wolf.

he used to be a spectral

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

maybe he was a Spectral until he got super possessed by his Tool

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Podima posted:

Looking forward to Hijack dying on Friday.

:yeah:

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Tollymain posted:

he used to be a spectral

And now that he's had enormous citrus tanks implanted in his chin, he's back to fighting ghosts!

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it
I love how small business owner is actually a pretty dorky guy

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
I expect nothing less from distorted goofy faces the comic

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Honestly? About drat time the plot starts moving again. I know it's gonna be fine in print, but weekly, this is excruciating.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

So Local Business Owner is definitely a bigwig within that "local business owner death cult" or whatever Max's dad joked about, right?

LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

CEO OF FUNHAVER ENTERPRISES
Ask me about making YOUR thread suck less!
Is it just me or is his shadow different enough from him to be off putting? His hair is looks different enough like they are almost antennae in the shadow or at least that's what I am seeing.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I think the really hilarious thing is that the vice principal looks like a hideous, evil monster because she is one, and we didn't notice.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

ThaumPenguin posted:

So Local Business Owner is definitely a bigwig within that "local business owner death cult" or whatever Max's dad joked about, right?

My money is on him being the head honcho of the Cousinhood. Though the two aren't mutually exclusive I suppose...

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Maybe for some reason he can't utilize energy anymore like spectrals can, but can still see spirits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

My bet's he was a spectral as a kid, like Spender and Zarei, and maybe even hung out with them, but as the group got older and parted ways, he dropped the spectral stuff, thinking of it as juvenile or some other reasoning. You can stop using tools and being possessed, but you can never stop seeing spirits.