Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'm happy this league isn't filling my inventory with lovely currency fragments and nets.

Because there aren't harbingers floating around? I don't remember lots of fragments in bestiary, just in fishcakes.

Flashback but I like the autocorrect too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'm happy this league isn't filling my inventory with lovely currency fragments and nets.

:ssh: currency rooms can drop frags.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Someone pointed out that after you finish your last incursion with Alva, if you talk to the same one again you can immediately open the temple.

What I didn't realize until yesterday is that you can invite Alva to your base (maybe from a random zone after you're done with her, maybe only from epilogue? I forget where I did it).

Once she's in your base, you can open the temple portals directly from there and make it easier to leave to drop off loot.

Lektor
May 1, 2013
Could i get a reinvite to the guild pls? char name Lektor_Inc

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Devor posted:

Once she's in your base, you can open the temple portals directly from there and make it easier to leave to drop off loot.

My friends and I have been finding this to be buggy at worst and unreliable at best if you're in a party. She seems to still have the functionality she does in maps in which she will only respond to the instance owner, but the hideout seems to not be uniquely tied to the character that owns it, so it can be a crapshoot trying to get her to work.

Occasionally she does weird stuff like report your previous temple when you talk to her, too.

Fortunately this is just mild inconvenience. This is a great league and dumb stuff like this will no doubt get fixed. Beastiary really put me off last season, but I've got the itch real bad again.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Any other summoners have ideas on what to use for weapons/shields?

I'm playing hardcore and I've gone life/es hybrid with a current stat line of 4.5k life and 1.3k es. I have a belly of the beast I'm trying to 6 soc and link but no luck on either front yet so it's just in my stash for now.

I want to start using dark pact as my damage ability but I am having a hard time finding any viable options for it. Breath of the council is too expensive right now (30c) and nothing else really looks good, anything I'm missing?

Right now I'm just using a rare res/life archon kite + reverb rod and using crappy SRS

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Brightbeak for the weapon for sure. You can use Victario's Charity to give your minions frenzy or Ahn's Heritage with a couple Pacifism jewels for defense and speed. You can also just use a rare with good defense stats, those are just a few uniques I usually see summoners run.

llibja
Sep 13, 2007

Any room left in the guild? I got booted because bestiary was lame. New character name Collateral_Jammage_

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Looking at the list of corruption effects, belt corruptions compared to other seem to range from "good" to "very good"

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Looking at the list of corruption effects, belt corruptions compared to other seem to range from "good" to "very good"

I think GGG wanted them to be on par or better than the implicit options available. Boots/Gloves/Helmet are competing with enchants, belt is competing with an Abyssal Jewel.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

llibja posted:

Any room left in the guild? I got booted because bestiary was lame. New character name Collateral_Jammage_

Next purge is today sometime I believe.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Keru posted:

Really, it kinda depends on what your build is set up to use, but with Rain of Arrows I think Chin Sol is where you're going to end up, even a perfectly rolled Doomfletch Prism won't outpace it, unless there's some way to get even more out of the triple conversion on it that I'm missing.

Ok that makes gearing much easier. Its a shame I have no better weapon to look for but my damage isn't exactly low so thats fine.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I just picked this game back up again for the new league and the minimap changes alone are gonna keep me playing, holy poo poo. :stare:

Who do I bug for a guild invite, skyblazer still? I made a marauder named SnickerSnax

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I found the most overpowered stupid poo poo while leveling. Doomfletch's Prism + 2x Warden's Brand for really high flat phys, then use Traps so you don't have to deal with the drawback of using Warden's Brand.

Caveats: Rain of Arrows does come down slower based on attack speed, Blast Rain does not so if it's annoying for you then it's better to use Blast Rain. Also you can't Blink Arrow outside of crossing gaps because it's glacial.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I did that as my third(?) Harbinger character, but with mines and TShot. Probably worth revisiting with all the trap changes.

It was cool to lay down 9 mines, hit D, delete entire screen. :black101:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
yeah TS Traps should be easy game

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Goa Tse-tung posted:

yeah TS Traps should be easy game

i imaging mines would probably be better for it, with the auto targeting of tshot, might be wrong though

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
So after upgrading 3 rooms to lvl 3 I'm having a LOT of fun. Holy poo poo GGG keeps improving and improving, can't wait for paycheck so I can give them some well deserved perudollas.

Also I hope someone get purged, my ID is HighKing_Kallor.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

turboraton posted:

So after upgrading 3 rooms to lvl 3 I'm having a LOT of fun. Holy poo poo GGG keeps improving and improving, can't wait for paycheck so I can give them some well deserved perudollas.

Also I hope someone get purged, my ID is HighKing_Kallor.

I am loving this league. I've completed 4 temples now (level 49) and the best stuff so far actually dropped from the very first one, including a sword I sold for 15c, which is kind of funny. I used the corruption alter on a rare I had in the most recent temple, and it completely bricked it. :v:

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Don't know if I'm down on the original pre-purge guild waiting list (char name Bearnd) but if that is something I imagined, I've created a new character named ZappMannigan to try out this trap poo poo everyone is raving about.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Looking for 5 goons to do chaos recipie with so we can get 47ex in 12 hours

https://youtu.be/NFmb_lbQxTo

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
Can I get an invite to the guild as Farmango.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

is terminus est flicker good? ive been reading book of the new sun and every time he mentions his sword i want to play again

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

StashAugustine posted:

is terminus est flicker good? ive been reading book of the new sun and every time he mentions his sword i want to play again

It's pretty fun, except if you look directly at the screen you'll probably get a headache, and going back to collect the loot is a pain. Maintaining frenzy charges is easy except for bosses and even they are mostly not too bad.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

cool. can journeymanseverian get an invite then? also, what's the new league gimmick?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Guild purge is today.
New league gimmick is, to quote someone a few pages ago, "mini reverse Breach leading to a Build Your Own Map"

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008
Would appreciate an invite on BUTTCENT- ty!

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

whypick1 posted:

Guild purge is today.

I'll take an invite if there's space, my in-game name is LETS_INCURRING

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
Posted a few pages back and might have gotten missed or maybe guild is just still full, but a re-invite on ArtificialArcTotems would be much appreciated!

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

StashAugustine posted:

It's not the incredible murder engine it was in Legacy but it's doable.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Could someone help me understand something in Path of Building? I think I might have discovered some super-secret tech:

https://pastebin.com/YNnHMtji

This is a copy of my build where I was trying out different support gems. I use Charged Dash with Cast While Channeling to spam Icestorm granted by The Whispering Ice.

If I activate a support gem such as Controlled Destruction, I might gain around 45% more DPS. But if I activate Cast On Critical Strike, it grants me 112.4% DPS!

It seems like the reason this is so much is because CoCS gives 20-39% More Spell Damage with no downside (such as reduced Crit from Controlled Destruction). But I assume it is because it also is calculating my Charged Dash is always hitting at least one enemy, and therefore it is also calculating the chance of Charged Dash to trigger CoCS Icestorm, on top of CwC Icestom?

- Can a Charged Dash with Cast While Channeling and Cast On Critical hit both independently trigger Icestorms from the same attacks, with their own cooldowns?

- Is Path of Building assuming that I'm always attacking at least one enemy with Charged Dash to get to that 112.4% figure? I don't see any assumptions about this in the PoB Configuration.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Won't work because you can't link multiple trigger gems (CwC, CoCS) in the same setup. If you do the whole setup gets disabled.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Does anyone have a link to a good Arc Trapper build (or even just the skill tree)?

I've never done traps before, and everything I can find is a 30+ minute YouTube video with links to a pastebin dump.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

whypick1 posted:

Won't work because you can't link multiple trigger gems (CwC, CoCS) in the same setup. If you do the whole setup gets disabled.

Ah, thanks, I guess PoB didn't catch that subtlety then.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Zero VGS posted:

Could someone help me understand something in Path of Building? I think I might have discovered some super-secret tech:

https://pastebin.com/YNnHMtji

Like the above guy said, CwC and CoCS don't work together. Observe that disabling the CwC gem when CoCS is enabled has almost no effect on your dps.(actually this was because you had a duplicate charged dash/cwc slot up in there) It ALSO doesn't work with Spell Cascade, and that's why it looks like the gem is giving you far more dps than it should. The Spell Cascade gem is hidden in one of your <no active gems> slots, in weapon 1 so it applies to whispering ice. This PoB is a mess. Clean it up.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jun 5, 2018

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Please don't purge me, I'll be back in town on Monday! Last login was on Mortania_SHIV, account name Shaboom I think.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

George posted:

Please don't purge me, I'll be back in town on Monday! Last login was on Mortania_SHIV, account name Shaboom I think.
might as well just purge this guy now

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

McFrugal posted:

Like the above guy said, CwC and CoCS don't work together. Observe that disabling the CwC gem when CoCS is enabled has almost no effect on your dps.(actually this was because you had a duplicate charged dash/cwc slot up in there) It ALSO doesn't work with Spell Cascade, and that's why it looks like the gem is giving you far more dps than it should. The Spell Cascade gem is hidden in one of your <no active gems> slots, in weapon 1 so it applies to whispering ice. This PoB is a mess. Clean it up.

A few things here:

1) Sorry the PoB is messy with the supports split up, but that's how PoB works when importing from PoE, it understands granted skills like Icestorm but it separates out the socketed supports/skills for it in a sloppy way and I was working with it the best I could.

2) What doesn't work with Spell Cascade? I've leveled 33-71 with Spell Cascade and I can assure you it works with Charged Dash -> Cast While Chaneling -> Icestorm, affecting just the Icestorm. My Icestorm takes up most of the screen with it, and taking Spell Cascade out for Controlled Destruction makes the AoE very obviously two thirds smaller.

3) Taking every other support out of the equation so it's just Icestorm + Cast on Critical Strike still does over 100% more DPS, I guess I'll just chalk that up to some kind of bug, and knowing I can't combine with CwC I won't be using it anyway, but yeah it seemed interesting. [edit: Okay, you're right about the second Charged Dash bugging it out, thanks]

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jun 5, 2018

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Well, trapper is a hell of a lot better than the lovely templar i was using before. Feel like I've wasted a couple of days here with that one.

I've also got more in the way of uniques and gear before level 20 than i had by 40 with my other character, and managed to crack a vaal temple wide open in act 2, including a vault and a level three storm temple thing that will probably smash me when I get to it.

Anyway, so far lightning trap and vaal arc are doing moat of the work for me, should I bother speccing into some melee skills as well for duial wielding claws or just stick to trapping/casting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Anyway, so far lightning trap and vaal arc are doing moat of the work for me, should I bother speccing into some melee skills as well for duial wielding claws or just stick to trapping/casting?

Stick to trapping. You'll just hamper yourself if you try to squeeze in melee as well.