Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

hawowanlawow posted:

I'm gonna fill all of your ice trays with hot dog water, plebs

good god, the perfect crime. misterbibs will be dead on the floor, blue in the face, and there won’t be any evidence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

The Mighty Moltres posted:

I don't even use ice :shrug:
The fridge keeps everything cold, and I drink my scotch neat.

The original not even owning a tv

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
The Beatles album Rubber Soul is a pun.
Rubber sole. Like a shoe.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

RJWaters2 posted:

It's also a riff on Plastic Soul

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I always heard the line “miss you in the saddest fashion” from the Lil Sebastian tribute song in Parks and Rec as “miss you in the satisfaction.” It’s nonsense but sounded to me like something Andy would think is cool sounding.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

RJWaters2 posted:

Wait till you get rubber buns and liquor.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jean Untinen-Auel is actually called Jean Auel; the Finnish publisher just slapped her maiden name on there because they thought it would sell better.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Playing through the Uncharted games for the first time I just realised that Nathan Drake has the same initials, ND, as Naughty Dog, the company that made the games.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
And his voice actor, Nolan Dorth

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I am loving dying laughing at the assumption that having an ice maker means you want to show off wealth or are by any means rich

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Joey Freshwater posted:

I am loving dying laughing at the assumption that having an ice maker means you want to show off wealth or are by any means rich

Nice wageshaming

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Wage-shaming? This is SA, so I can’t tell if you’re joking, but FFS, I had an ice-maker as a broke college kid in the 1990s. It’s a freezer. If you’re in America, it comes with an ice maker.

And school shootings.

I don’t mean the freezer is packaged with a school shooting, I’m saying

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Lincoln posted:

Wage-shaming? This is SA, so I can’t tell if you’re joking, but FFS, I had an ice-maker as a broke college kid in the 1990s. It’s a freezer. If you’re in America, it comes with an ice maker.

And school shootings.

Counterpoint: I've been in America my whole life and in 29 years I've never had an ice maker. Probably why I don't bother with ice that often because ice trays are :effort:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lincoln posted:

And school shootings.

As William of Ockham said, correlation means causation.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

I just freeze slices of lemon to go in my Gin.
No need for ice or a loving fancy ice making bougie freezer.
Checkmate :agesilaus:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I can't remember the last time I put ice in anything, but I'll admit I have the aesthetics, tastes and value preferences of the cultural proletariat.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I used to think ice and other "drink accessories" (hydroflasks, fridge filters/dispensers, mio, all that poo poo) were overrated. Then a few years ago I got a cheap RO system and water is delicious now. Ice doesn't risk making the drink taste like garbage because the tap water is bad, and I bring a hydroflask to school now with RO water from home because it's so much better than anything out there.

It's the dumbest thing, but kind of like that R&M episode where Morty experiences "true level" and the rest of the world seems askew afterwards. After true reverse osmosis water I'm never going back. Every time I move I either bring a portable system (apartments) or install an under-sink system.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A modern french door fridge with an ice dispenser and/or water tap is usually wider or taller than the space an older house will have for a fridge.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I used to think ice and other "drink accessories" (hydroflasks, fridge filters/dispensers, mio, all that poo poo) were overrated

Hydroflask is just a brand name of water bottles.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
And your point is...? I'm talking specifically about hydroflasks.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

That is an insanely expensive water bottle. What makes it worth that much?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Probably the name. I have a knockoff from Amazon. The cadmium makes the water taste good.

Honestly it's just the latest generation/form factor of vacuum flask. Image is probably 99% of it or we'd all be out there with Stanley thermoses from the 80's.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I drink water from a cup or mug

Telegnostic
Apr 24, 2008
I sleep in a chair.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Isn't that something you shouldn't have to figure out?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

I drink water from a cup or mug

Jesus gently caress have you never heard of glasses?!?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Jerry Cotton posted:

Jesus gently caress have you never heard of glasses?!?

I was 26 before I found out I needed glasses

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I found out that the guy who played Jimmy the midget little person actor in In Bruges also played Howard the Duck.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EmmyOk posted:

I was 26 before I found out I needed glasses

I was sixteen and it was when i went to get my driver's license.

Only one eye is bad, though, so I guess my good eye was compensating.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

I only got glasses like six months ago, and let me tell you, I really wished I got them like a couple years earlier. Would’ve really helped all those years I spent struggling to see the board in class.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I got glasses in 3rd grade at -3.75. By HS I stabilized at -7.25 sph OU. No astigmatism, which is nice because it makes fitting a little more lenient PD/Vertex/OC-wise.

Of course now I'm in my 30s and keep an old pair of -6.00s around to use as reading/soldering glasses because it's getting difficult to see things up close sometimes.

Presbyopia (the lack of accomodation, or focusing power) hits us all at some point, even those without glasses when they were younger. :smith:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
What kind of alien describes ice as a 'drink accessory'

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Olive! posted:

What kind of alien describes ice as a 'drink accessory'

Ferengi when theyre trying to upcharge you

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
The other week I learned how to pronounce ZTE, this week it's Chick-Fil-A - "fillet", like the poncy way to pronounce the cut of meat, not "filler", like the stuff they put in hot dogs. In hindsight it's a slightly more pleasant business name. I'll stop before this becomes a regular feature.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

uvar posted:

"fillet", like the poncy way to pronounce the cut of meat

:thunk:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

low class brits pronounce it fill-it

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Garsin, bring me more o that there fillit minion

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Henchman of Santa posted:

I always heard the line “miss you in the saddest fashion” from the Lil Sebastian tribute song in Parks and Rec as “miss you in the satisfaction.” It’s nonsense but sounded to me like something Andy would think is cool sounding.

AW gently caress

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

purple death ray posted:

Garsin, bring me more o that there fillit minion

What is inside of a minion, are they like twinkies?

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

uvar posted:

The other week I learned how to pronounce ZTE, this week it's Chick-Fil-A - "fillet", like the poncy way to pronounce the cut of meat, not "filler"

Wait, you used to call it "chick-filler" and it didn't cross your mind that that's probably not the name of a family friendly Christian restaurant?