Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:matters:

https://twitter.com/ReutersBiz/status/1004010057502257152

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

The Eagles cancellation was worse than I thought.

https://twitter.com/anniekarni/status/1004008196888031232?s=19

As for book promotion, it's so drat obvious that he doesn't even read any advance copies, so it's not exactly effective. Just his usual "they're nice to me therefore I like them" random endorsements he decides on from fox news TV hits.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
He's either running for something or he's got turbocancer and needs to do his crazy billionaire immortality gimmick. Hopefully it's the turbocancer and he tries something as successful as Steve Jobs.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
The funny thing is that there wasn’t a single player on the Eagles who knelt during the anthem last season.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

You want immortality, become a billionaire and freeze yourself at 25 before cell degradation kicks in. If you're lucky only half your neurons will die and you can be an immortal vegetable.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

pkells posted:

The funny thing is that there wasn’t a single player on the Eagles who knelt during the anthem last season.

There wasn't? I could have sworn there were a couple that Chris Long stood with in solidarity or something.

Still though, as a :patssay: fan, I'm okay with that loss as I'm happy to watch the Eagles force Trump to self dunk over this poo poo. Also lol at the owners for thinking their anthem policy would ever placate him.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I wouldn't take family advice from most military people.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Hayley got dunked on pretty hard.

https://twitter.com/AHudhayfah/status/1003631239675379713

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
WHAT'S DIPLOMACY, PRECIOUS?!

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
And yet I know people who still post that stupid Time magazine cover with trump in a superman costume with "making America great again" bullshit. Today, in fact.

It blows my loving mind.

Also, David Hogg's house got Swatted today

https://www.local10.com/news/family-of-stoneman-douglas-advocate-david-hogg-swatted-at-home

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Holy poo poo, burnt down to the ground.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

What? Pissing off your major trading partners, allies, and others might hurt your diplomatic concerns? Shocking!

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Vasudus posted:

He's either running for something or he's got turbocancer and needs to do his crazy billionaire immortality gimmick. Hopefully it's the turbocancer and he tries something as successful as Steve Jobs.

Nah, he has more power as an unelected official pulling the strings of government. He's probably got health problems and wants to contribute to Vietnam documentaries like his brother.

e: Apparently he's quitting AFP, too. Interesting.

psydude fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jun 5, 2018

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

Casimir Radon posted:

I wouldn't take family advice from most military people.

The Army taught me that if you're going to beat your spouse, do so with a phone book because it shouldn't leave marks. I imagine the book is similar.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

Duke Chin posted:

Mother fucker will sell out this country faster than he sold the super Sonics off to Oklahoma city.

gently caress that guy and his garbage rear end coffee

What's terrible about him?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

jerman999 posted:

He’s responsible for the cancerous growth of that company.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

jerman999 posted:

Red cups for christmas

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

jerman999 posted:

I worked for Koch Industries in the late 90s. They are flat loving evil. I left as a whistle-blower after I caught them stealing millions from Native Americans.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/blood-and-oil/

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
We're talking about the Starbucks guy, not a Koch brother. Everyone knows the Koch brothers are evil.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

psydude posted:

Refusal to testify would result in being held in contempt of court, which isn't pardonable.

I’m sure congress could change that.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

jerman999 posted:

He's a capitalist

Edit:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1004029797352296449?s=19

I've never seen someone whine and bitch this much and he's supposed to be some "alpha male"?

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jun 5, 2018

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

jerman999 posted:

I'm curious about this as well. Last I heard Starbucks had a pretty good labor package for their employees but I could be wrong.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

lightpole posted:

I'm curious about this as well. Last I heard Starbucks had a pretty good labor package for their employees but I could be wrong.

They said they’d hire immigrants and refugees. This pissed CHUDS off.

E: they also like to open shops near independent coffee shops and operate at a loss until that place closes.

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jun 5, 2018

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Starbucks guy isint evil per se, he's just one more out of touch billionaire who actually thinks his burnt coffee is changing the world.

Jeff Bezos without the world domination aspirations.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Also did Black Rifle Coffee Company ever hire those 10,000 vets?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

:lol:

Search in your heart, you know the answer already.

EDIT:
Always worth reposting their AMA where they got dragged mercilessly
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comme..._name=frontpage

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jun 5, 2018

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Handsome Ralph posted:

Time to start harassing them on Twitter!!

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

They must have based on the dozens of stickers I see on cars around base.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

BigDave posted:

Starbucks guy isint evil per se, he's just one more out of touch billionaire who actually thinks his burnt coffee is changing the world.

Jeff Bezos without the world domination aspirations.

Iirc Starbucks spends more on employee health plans (could be all employee benefits e.g. retirement and whatnot, going off memory of an orientation thing from 15ish years ago) than coffee beans, unless they somehow take a positively massive tax hit, they're a fine candidate for "large company that would benefit from medicare-for-all."

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I doubt they have much more than 100 employees, if they evem hit triple digits.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Do MLM people count as employees, cause they could go that route?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/JacobAWohl/status/1004027865858433025?s=19

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

For once I agree with this fucker

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Handsome Ralph posted:

Is it really too much to ask for these people to face literally any consequence for lying constantly? :cripes:

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Please just have him do it live!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Jacob Wohl is not a relevant person. Please don't give the manbaby begging trump for a pardon for his various crimes any attention or additional twitter impressions. He is not noteworthy or newsworthy. There is no need to ever post a Jacob Wohl tweet in the CE thread.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Jacob Wohl is not a relevant person. Please don't give the manbaby begging trump for a pardon for his various crimes any attention or additional twitter impressions. He is not noteworthy or newsworthy. There is no need to ever post a Jacob Wohl tweet in the CE thread.

https://twitter.com/JacobAWohl/status/1003861235438268416?s=19

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

What a dishonest, and, honestly, kinda misogynist caption

The UN votes a resolution against Israel, what a shocker! Her pro-Israel draft resolution was defeated soundly. Making it personal by saying Haley is begging for support, she's been isolated and humiliated... that reads like gendered insults to me.

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jun 5, 2018

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
yeah, he's an idiot posting idiot things. Nothing he's ever done or said is newsworthy. He's as bad or worse than Bill Mitchell, adds absolutely nothing to the conversation, and isn't remotely impactful about anything. I already cannot scroll past those types fast enough when I'm browsing C-Spam. If we want a chud twitter thread where we post all those types all the time, I mean lets start the thread. I just don't think we should give them the time of day here unless they're actually relevant towards a current event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

The Iron Rose posted:

What a dishonest, and, honestly, kinda misogynist caption

The UN votes a resolution against Israel, what a shocker! Her pro-Israel draft resolution was defeated soundly. Making it personal by saying Haley is begging for support, she's been isolated and humiliated... that reads like gendered insults to me.

They were pointless insults, but regardless of that our UN ambassador just had to veto a resolution because no one would vote for ours. We literally have the rest of the world against us. I would say that the begging and humiliation aspects were accurate reporting, and although harsh, were gender neutral. A male diplomat doing and saying the exact same things would have been seen in the same light.

But seriously, the rest of the world is against us. This is not good.

• Locked thread