Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

its kind of funny that the reactionary right has figured out the internet better than the ostensibly progressive left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wheeee posted:

its kind of funny that the reactionary right has figured out the internet better than the ostensibly progressive left

thats because the insane fascists are the only ones truly free of the liberal mind-virus

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Wheeee posted:

Having no moral qualms about pushing propaganda on children helps

e: the fetishization of "free speech" and "free enterprise" that created a replacement for TV with no standards, oversight or any rules outside of "don't upset advertisers" is what created the mess in the first place, though

hackbunny has issued a correction as of 20:17 on Jun 4, 2018

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
there will never be a show like Mr. Rogers for online platforms without massive revolutionary bloodshed and thats hilarious in the sense that one mind cannot reasonably process that much sorrow at once and it necessarily goes to the next best fit for such hysteria.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Willie Tomg posted:

there will never be a show like Mr. Rogers for online platforms without massive revolutionary bloodshed and thats hilarious in the sense that one mind cannot reasonably process that much sorrow at once and it necessarily goes to the next best fit for such hysteria.

it was kind of mind-blowing when i learned that mr rogers was actually the exact person he was on tv

like what do you mean he wasn't secretly a lunatic, this undermines everything i know about tv

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Yinlock posted:

it was kind of mind-blowing when i learned that mr rogers was actually the exact person he was on tv

He is legit probably the best human who ever lived.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Wheeee posted:

yeah it sure is weird that now that the internet is run by corporations the right wing has "figured it out".

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Peanut President posted:

yeah it sure is weird that now that the internet is run by corporations the right wing has "figured it out".

See the other example I posted: educational videos about trans* topics get age-restricted and demonetized, while transphobic content and advertisements continue undisturbed

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

BBJoey posted:

my childhood internet experience was poo poo like reading zelda fanpages about how to get the triforce in ocarina of time, while kids these days are just streaming neo-nazi propaganda 24/7 as promoted by the youtube algorithm. poo poo rules

yeah at their age i was reading lovely mario fanfics

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I was posting on the Bob & George forum.

Why do I still remember this.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

high-five

it was a simpler time

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Shocking that the technology developed by US defense contractors is beloved by Nazis and massive corporations

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc5P2bvfl44

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
i gotta say that, dystopia aside, we're living in a loving renaissance of sunflower seeds

mackin on some spicy sweet chili seeds

poo poo spitz is a canadian company

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
i just bought a 1 lb bag if dill pickle seeds :yeah:

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
not shillin

just shellin

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
lmao :pusheen:

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
back when i played baseball a long time ago there were only 4 kinds

original
bbq
ranch
salsa

the game done changed

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

Main Paineframe posted:

high-five

it was a simpler time

i too used to express myself through the medium of megaman recolors

never posted though so i lurked the b&g forums which is arguably more pathetic

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

it was really funny, you could tell exactly when the mods/admins got fed up and deliberately started trying to kill it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/SWTweets/status/1003833275738013697

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/nbcwashington/status/1003935747588714496

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Lol. We come up with the most asinine technical solutions to social problems caused by conservatives being allowed to vote

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

You know, these bulletproof school accessories have been a thing for a long time. Has there even been one incident of a kid's life being saved by these yet?

Death Panel Czar
Apr 1, 2012

Too dangerous for a full sensory injection... That level of shitposting means they're almost non-human!

univbee posted:

You know, these bulletproof school accessories have been a thing for a long time. Has there even been one incident of a kid's life being saved by these yet?
No.

Assuming they’re even built to the specifications listed (which they almost certainly aren’t, given the random-consumer-jackass armor market is exclusively occupied by conmen who never have their products undergo solid testing) they don’t offer any protection against a rifle round, and the injury reduction rates for armor levels assume you’re wearing it in appropriate clothing. It’s going to do gently caress-all held in place by some straps and your arms.

quote:

And the U.S. Justice Department says that its research and evaluation agency, the National Institute of Justice, has not tested or certified any ballistic items — like backpacks, blankets, or briefcases — other than body armor for law enforcement.

Justice Department spokesman Eduardo Neret said that any marketing “that claims NIJ testing or certification for such products is false.”

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
Liberal media always loving sucks. Remember Air America

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there's a reason real bulletproof vests strap around your entire torso and people wear fatigues under them.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

these cost $150 each. it's a private Catholic school so there probably weren't too many kids, but that also means they're unlikely to be getting a bulk discount

though I guess there's worse uses of money. for example, that church's previous pastor had a habit of stealing money from the collections and using it to buy meth, and wasn't caught until he abruptly resigned without cleaning out his desk (which had drugs in it)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Tunicate posted:

it was really funny, you could tell exactly when the mods/admins got fed up and deliberately started trying to kill it.

Really? I don't remember that, I was probably already gone for rpg.net at this point.

The whole place is dead now. Lost in time. :shrug:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

univbee posted:

no but they’re at least slightly more effective than thoughts and prayers

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

Really? I don't remember that, I was probably already gone for rpg.net at this point.

The whole place is dead now. Lost in time. :shrug:

they closed half the forums, merged the remainder, and I think deleted all teh old pixel art posts

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Main Paineframe posted:

these cost $150 each. it's a private Catholic school so there probably weren't too many kids, but that also means they're unlikely to be getting a bulk discount

Also means they're unlikely to get shot since no shootings have happened at private schools this century

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

if i had kids in America I'd do whatever it took to get them into good private schools

the gap between the haves and have nots is only widening, as bad as the privileged treatment of those who went to "better" schools is now it's going to be a whole lot worse for the next generations

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Also means they're unlikely to get shot since no shootings have happened at private schools this century

Wasn't parkland elite enough to be a de facto private one

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Wheeee posted:

if i had kids in America I'd do whatever it took to get them into good private schools

the gap between the haves and have nots is only widening, as bad as the privileged treatment of those who went to "better" schools is now it's going to be a whole lot worse for the next generations

Well if our secretary of education gets her way all schools will be private by 2024

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

mastershakeman posted:

Wasn't parkland elite enough to be a de facto private one

just goes to show what happens when our fine grooming institutions let the riffraff in.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Wheeee posted:

private schools aren't actually "better"

they're just allowed to be more selective about who they enroll, so they can exclude low-performing kids, poor kids, ESL kids, disabled kids, and anyone else who might drag down their scores

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah seriously private schools are a scam and should be abolished

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Main Paineframe posted:

private schools aren't actually "better"

they're just allowed to be more selective about who they enroll, so they can exclude non-white kids and anyone else their donors don't like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

yea thats why i used the quotes and also they are better in terms of creating future opportunities because our society and culture are poo poo