Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

el dingo posted:

Today I was playing pyke and somehow I ended up with the bag of gold in my inventory after a kill

I think you get the bag if you put the X down but someone else actually gets the kill before it procs. You don't actually have to get the kill to share the gold, they just have to die standing over the X.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

el dingo posted:

Today I was playing pyke and somehow I ended up with the bag of gold in my inventory after a kill

The rich gets richer

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
It was like a gift to myself, from myself

I did deserve it tbh

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

el dingo posted:

It was like a gift to myself, from myself

I did deserve it tbh

only if you flashed smite for it

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I just got dumped on by a mid lane Lucian who had to have been a smurf. This guy got one level up on me and then was able to delete me and then was two levels up and could kill me from full hp under my tower. After that I asked for a gank and he 2v1d both of us.

Is there anything to do to salvage in that situation?

Fake edit: I think it was a smurf because I have never seen anyone play so aggressive at mid and all of the lane matches I have are vs. Annie or other mages.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Erdricks posted:

I just got dumped on by a mid lane Lucian who had to have been a smurf. This guy got one level up on me and then was able to delete me and then was two levels up and could kill me from full hp under my tower. After that I asked for a gank and he 2v1d both of us.

Fake edit: I think it was a smurf because I have never seen anyone play so aggressive at mid and all of the lane matches I have are vs. Annie or other mages.

Sounds like your account was just flag for a loss

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Erdricks posted:

I'd ask for a lane swap.

Really tho if you're getting dumpstered hard there's not much to be done unless your team has a similarly huge advantage somewhere else. Otherwise, just /surrender when you can

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

That being said, if you're in low elo (you're newer, right?), don't just quit because you're probably going to lose the game. Teams at our level rarely know how or have the coordination to close games in a timely fashion, giving you a chance to get back in. That same lack of gamesense/coordination can also lead to massive throws. Learning to play when behind is also reasonably important, especially if you're playing a champ with even a modicum of utility other than "do damage"

The corollary to that is if you want out of the game for a reason unrelated to the scoreboard - say, your team is spending more time in chat figuring out who to blame than trying to CS - hammer that surrender button so hard you break your mouse.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Last night I played a game where the jungler decided the game was over when the other team took the first tower. It was 6 to 6 in kills with no large CS lead on either side. He started talking about how he wanted out of the game so he could blow his brains out and how it was his fault we were losing and he was going to kill himself and please let him out of the game why were we torturing him before he took his own life.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Erdricks posted:

It's a good game to go back and watch the replay. Also try to better learn power spikes (level 2 is a big one!).

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Erdricks posted:

Go resolve secondary, start doran's shield, rush tabi/armguard

Lucian is a lane bully whose entire goal mid is to poo poo on you and take over the game at 20 mins. If you don't die or get pushed out of lane it becomes a lot harder on him.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Erdricks posted:

link him on op.gg and i can probably tell you (unless it all norms)

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

its all norms. I'm still leveling up to 30 right now

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I'm also levelling up a smurf and there's a pretty surprising amount of talent down there. The vast majority is silver/gold players on a second account though.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Stop Smurfin

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

But what are all the banned players supposed to do? Stay banned?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

its curtains for Kevin posted:

I'm also levelling up a smurf and there's a pretty surprising amount of talent down there. The vast majority is silver/gold players on a second account though.

Welcome to the smurf queue.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

I could also tell the guy was a smurf because he was going out of his way to clear my wards (my current "learn to get better" habit is focusing on warding more). None of the Annie players that I typically play against in normal draft know what a ward is in the first instance.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

kingcobweb posted:

Stop Smurfin

It amuses me to just report anyone who types out a autobannable word like retard or human being and see if I can get someone chat restricted. I don't usually get the chance but it's everywhere down there.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
smurfing is definitely evil but it’s only truly reprehensible in ranked. norms is only a minor evil. still on like puppy kicking level

edit: it definitely scales with skill level though. a bronze or silver smurf is less bad

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I like playing with friends but normal draft loving blows

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

I think I somehow wound up in smurf queue. I just played my next game after the Lucian smashfest. Thankfully I was matched up against an Annie of similar skill but our top lane was up against "Im Teemo Irl xD" who was pretty obviously a Teemo smurf and crushed our Jax and managed to take the entire top lane within ten minutes.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

its curtains for Kevin posted:

I like playing with friends but normal draft loving blows

play flex so you can play against three challengers and two masters

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

If you can't dumpster Jax top with Teemo you shouldn't be playing Teemo really.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

These Subhumans Must Be Brought To Heel

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Wow get carried, zed who did less damage than janna

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

d0grent posted:

I think the Lucian/Braum damage gap is worse tbh

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

d0grent posted:

That's pretty much my entire climb last season.

Play Janna, murder everyone with no remorse or piety.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

we lost and lucian was dc'd

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Been watching a lot of streams today and have seen 4, count em 4, jungle taliyahs

They've been tearing everyone to pieces. Lolalytics has her at 24% pick rate and a loving 54.3% wr

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah its been good since the patch but I haven't seen many people picking it

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

strong bird posted:

These Subhumans Must Be Brought To Heel

garen is so loving good right now. i’m 8/9 with him in ranked in the past few days just having picked him up arbitrarily

he has one of the highest hp guaranteed kills possible in laning which is soooo nice when you’re actually better than your opponent

strong bird
May 12, 2009

he was the only one playing, and by playing i mean he was a-clicking enemy heroes which i believe is garen's sole spell

strong bird
May 12, 2009

i probably could have won that game if i abandoned ashe earlier, i told her to play safe while i went top to help garen push the GP in and she died 2 times in the 2~ minutes it took us to kill GP and the tower

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

strong bird posted:

he was the only one playing, and by playing i mean he was a-clicking enemy heroes which i believe is garen's sole spell

the only thing garen does is turn on spin, click near the enemy carry and drop a sword on his head, causing a righteous particle effect. he then dies or runs under a tower for an hour to get home and buy a new piece of clothing

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

strong bird posted:

i probably could have won that game if i abandoned ashe earlier, i told her to play safe while i went top to help garen push the GP in and she died 2 times in the 2~ minutes it took us to kill GP and the tower

i dint think ashe is capable of surviving a braum lucian alone for even three seconds

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
That's a rough lane for Ashe.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

the lane was over at that point, she was hanging out mid, died, and promptly ran solo bot to catch a wave and died. lucian was long gone at that point

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just for the record, the fact that im a FLAMING human being DUMPTER FIRE has nothing to do with my mundo performance and tbh im a bit concerned that anyone itt would say that

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

shut up