Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Vandar posted:

That makes me feel a lot better about spending money to get Emma. :stare:

I just got Emma and got her gears +20 (7.5k crystals) but if she is a good character that is useable in multiple modes then I will be happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm debating skipping costumes and saving for Emma just because Black Dwarf Ultimate is making me realize I'm actually very soft with energy characters who can take him down vs physical ones. I could use someone besides Phoenix, Strange, Witch, and Cable sorta to take him on.

Of course now that I think about it I don't actually know that Emma is an energy character since she has that diamond thing.

I'm probably just gonna buy Wanda's costume and hope it helps me lock up those slots.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Can anyone tell me how good Scarlet Witch's costume is before the sale is over tia

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

STAC Goat posted:

I'm debating skipping costumes and saving for Emma just because Black Dwarf Ultimate is making me realize I'm actually very soft with energy characters who can take him down vs physical ones. I could use someone besides Phoenix, Strange, Witch, and Cable sorta to take him on.

Of course now that I think about it I don't actually know that Emma is an energy character since she has that diamond thing.

I'm probably just gonna buy Wanda's costume and hope it helps me lock up those slots.

Emma is all energy damage with additional mind damage. She's really solid for a normal world boss or an SL. I just tried her on UBD6 and her damage was very slow and she died fairly quick but I haven't learned his attacks yet. Magik does more damage especially with her #5 but is also pretty squishy against the heaviest hitters.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

STAC Goat posted:

My Black Dwarf lineup is

Jean
Scarlet Witch
Strange
Cable
Luna Snow + Magik (one of them will almost certainly die)

Emma is good but not so much for WBU progress. The DPS just isn't there.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

thechalkoutline posted:

Can anyone tell me how good Scarlet Witch's costume is before the sale is over tia

The costume is extremely good, but not sure it’s worth it since SW is already so good. DPS, protection, and healing all off the charts. I’m grinding through Black Dwarf level 9 and she melted him in about 49 seconds with full health remaining.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tom Gorman posted:

My Black Dwarf lineup is

Jean
Scarlet Witch
Strange
Cable
Luna Snow + Magik (one of them will almost certainly die)

Emma is good but not so much for WBU progress. The DPS just isn't there.

Cable does the damage to beat him but never lives long enough. I think there's probably just a trick I haven't figured out yet like with Proxima where you have to avoid her big attacks at 11 and 5. Dwarf's got something midway through that wipes me out but I haven't identified it yet. So I've been tag teaming. Witch/Cable, Jean/Magneto, and Strange/Ancient One (for the healing). Then just a switch to Corvus. Which is probably the best approach since I can work on both of them and there's real NEED to focus on one outside of bonus days. But I want the options.

I'm gonna have enough for 1 costume before the sale ends. I know Ebony is the big get for his ally buff, but I still have him at 1* so he's of no use to me until I work him up. I know War Machine sounds like the biggest upgrade but I'm in no real need for another physical fighter at the moment who wouldn't probably be better than my top tier or two. So Wanda's costume just seems like the most productive at the moment. Maybe it can help me as I move up Black Dwarf and free up Cable for his own team. Magneto and someone else maybe. I dunno.

Really I'm just glad to not be playing Proxima for awhile.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

STAC Goat posted:

Cable does the damage to beat him but never lives long enough. I think there's probably just a trick I haven't figured out yet like with Proxima where you have to avoid her big attacks at 11 and 5. Dwarf's got something midway through that wipes me out but I haven't identified it yet.

Yeah. He gets annihilated if I miss a skill cancel. I pair him with T2 Colossus and Shuri. I don't know if that's the trick, but we gotta pull out all the stops and Jean/SW/Strange don't need the help.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Put a ctp of energy on cable and just destroy him. I am killing black dwarf level 9 with literally two skill combos

Iceman2343
May 7, 2007

I'll take the Job.

I just got back into this game after not playing for a year. Seems like a lotttt of things happened since I was last on. I applied to Doctor Goons as well as Iceman2343.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

fart simpson posted:

Put a ctp of energy on cable and just destroy him. I am killing black dwarf level 9 with literally two skill combos

I have a ctp on cable but he takes awhile before BD goes down. I use 4(c)-2(c)-5 all over his face until his immunity runs out. If I gently caress up his 3 will heal himself. How do you do your cable fight with BD?

E: SW’s uniform kicks a lot of rear end and mine is still normal. Highly recommend.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

b0ng posted:

I have a ctp on cable but he takes awhile before BD goes down. I use 4(c)-2(c)-5 all over his face until his immunity runs out. If I gently caress up his 3 will heal himself. How do you do your cable fight with BD?

E: SW’s uniform kicks a lot of rear end and mine is still normal. Highly recommend.

I'll make a video and youtub it tomorrow as right now I'm out of World Boss entries. But I do 4(c)-2(c)-3(c)-5

fart simpson fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jun 5, 2018

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Yeah that's one way to do it, you can really weave the 3 anywhere

I open with 3 since 5 has invul, so its 3c, 4c, 2c, 5c, with 4 canceled after all the thingies in teh air show up

By the time invul is down you should only have like maybe half a second before everything is up again, yes you might have to vaguely dodge before you mash the combo again

I mean really cable's combo is 4c, 2c, 5c, with 3 for shields when you want them.

And if you want to do it quick and dirty for co-op or whatever you drop the 4, its the worst if you dont need it

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

just push em all and then hit 5

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

in co-op i just do 5, no combo

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

fart simpson posted:

I'll make a video and youtub it tomorrow as right now I'm out of World Boss entries. But I do 4(c)-2(c)-3(c)-5

here’s my video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvNXkfQFXX8

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I have a couple of chars I'd like to work towards maxing out just for something different to do so I'm paying attention to urus for the first time ever. I put some on Nova, Jean and I think Quicksilver months ago to help squeak by the speed run unlock requirements for the newer world bosses, but otherwise never really messed with them. My inventory of urus is pretty weird. I've got 480 one star cooldown reduction urus and I think my next highest is 70 something of physical attack. I've got almost no energy attack since I threw them all on Jean and Nova. I guess I need to start running the asgard levels again or something with my extra energy.

I got Adam Warlock to 60 and got the 770 gems partial refund so that was a nice surprise, got him the week he came out so I'd forgotten about it. Now I have enough for another costume but the ones currently on sale aren't jumping out at me. I don't have most of them to T2 yet. Rocket, War Machine, Black Dwarf, Hulkbuster and Star Lord are the costumes I don't have yet. Out of the previous batch I don't have Spider Man (have hobo), Thanos (have hobo), Thor (have ragnarok maxed), Groot or Corvus. And I still need Shuri (have her at T2) and Killmonger (he'll hit 6* tomorrow from daily bio sub) to work on for the legendary battle rewards. I'm thinking I'll wait for a full costume sale and should have enough for both BP event ones by then.

edit: We'd have had some teasers by now if they were adding Cloak & Dagger right? AVAC's event started yesterday, and their tv show starts Thursday.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jun 5, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The game doesn't seem to react to the shows. We didn't get anything for Runaways either. Next update is probably Ant-Man and The Wasp which comes out next month. Maybe we'll get Cloak and Dagger as random adds in off months after that.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

bagrada posted:

I have a couple of chars I'd like to work towards maxing out just for something different to do so I'm paying attention to urus for the first time ever. I put some on Nova, Jean and I think Quicksilver months ago to help squeak by the speed run unlock requirements for the newer world bosses, but otherwise never really messed with them. My inventory of urus is pretty weird. I've got 480 one star cooldown reduction urus and I think my next highest is 70 something of physical attack. I've got almost no energy attack since I threw them all on Jean and Nova. I guess I need to start running the asgard levels again or something with my extra energy.

I got Adam Warlock to 60 and got the 770 gems partial refund so that was a nice surprise, got him the week he came out so I'd forgotten about it. Now I have enough for another costume but the ones currently on sale aren't jumping out at me. I don't have most of them to T2 yet. Rocket, War Machine, Black Dwarf, Hulkbuster and Star Lord are the costumes I don't have yet. Out of the previous batch I don't have Spider Man (have hobo), Thanos (have hobo), Thor (have ragnarok maxed), Groot or Corvus. And I still need Shuri (have her at T2) and Killmonger (he'll hit 6* tomorrow from daily bio sub) to work on for the legendary battle rewards. I'm thinking I'll wait for a full costume sale and should have enough for both BP event ones by then.

edit: We'd have had some teasers by now if they were adding Cloak & Dagger right? AVAC's event started yesterday, and their tv show starts Thursday.

fwiw of the costumes you named only corvus takes him from trash to a-tier

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

thechalkoutline posted:

fwiw of the costumes you named only corvus takes him from trash to a-tier

War Machine is a beast with new costume.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

What I find funny is that my Cable just doesn't do that. Period. He just don't work like that. I got a CTP of Energy, Power of Angry Hulk with awakened isos, 4* urus. He just doesn't do that. He's good but he's not THAT good.

Like clearly you just have better cards or beefed up URUs or something. But I just always laugh when people are all "just use Cable and hit 5" or something like that because like... mine just don't do that.

I'm still gonna take notes from your guys sequences because I was doing 3-4-5 and wasn't working 2 in at all. So I'll see if that helps things.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

navyjack posted:

War Machine is a beast with new costume.

Oh that's good to know, I hadn't heard a peep about it so figured it was B-tier or summat

I'll grab it next sale

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Yeah I'm gonna have juuust enough to get his costume since you guys say it's great. Ebony Maw is awesome with his costume, so much better than before.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Used my last batch of crystals to get War Machine. It'll be a while until I have Wanda, Maw or Dwarfo even remotely close to useful since they are such a chore to level up. Sadly, Hulkbuster seems lame so I'll let it go.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
I have not been able to ever do UWB since I came back. my best guys are probably Strange and Magneto. I just T2'd Cappy with the new uniform but haven't tried him yet tbh.

Is there some strategy? I don't think I've gotten over 14k team power.

E: also 15 sec QS is keeping me from Cable and I'm extremely tempted to just pay it off but thats lame.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh man, I got to SL 29 and just couldn't do enough damage to beat the Black Order. I don't think losing because of the timer is a defeat, more like bullshit.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

War Machine's probably my next costume grab, but that's probably not happening before this sale ends. Gotta save the crystals. And I'm guessing by the time I do and there's a sale we'll be onto the next update and probable Ant-Man and Wasp* costumes to be evaluated.

*Or maybe a whole new Wasp since technically she's a different person/character.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

twistedmentat posted:

Oh man, I got to SL 29 and just couldn't do enough damage to beat the Black Order. I don't think losing because of the timer is a defeat, more like bullshit.

I've been using Cable on that stage recently, but I used to use Spider-Man 2099, ShaRog and Luna Snow and it seemed to be sufficient. Honestly, that stage is 1000 times more difficult than Daredevil, which I can breeze right through with Wolverine.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

plainswalker75 posted:

I've been using Cable on that stage recently, but I used to use Spider-Man 2099, ShaRog and Luna Snow and it seemed to be sufficient. Honestly, that stage is 1000 times more difficult than Daredevil, which I can breeze right through with Wolverine.

I figured IW Thanos would be enough, but nope. It was worst in the earlier stage like that where Satana would constantly just go invincible for long periods of time. Dom and Helstrum were long dead by that time was up but she had most of her health left. I eventually had to throw Wanda in there.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My basic Shadowland strategy is to save Phoenix for 29 and Quicksilver for 27 and the rest is negotiable. I usually save Spider-Man and Hulk for 25, Luna for 20, and Blue Marvel for 15 but there's other options there if the floor draws force me to use them elsewhere. By the time I get to Daredevil I almost always have a couple of Cap, Black Panther, Apocalypse, and Wolverine who can handle him easy. And that's without folks like Cable or Winter Soldier. Probably more can take him but I've never really had to worry about it and test people.

drat it, its Tuesday I haven't done any of my Shadowland. WBU is such a time/patience eater.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

I figured IW Thanos would be enough, but nope. It was worst in the earlier stage like that where Satana would constantly just go invincible for long periods of time. Dom and Helstrum were long dead by that time was up but she had most of her health left. I eventually had to throw Wanda in there.

I use Strange leading Odin and Dorm, try that next week

It's good cause Odin and Dorm are actually poo poo for SL anyhow

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Honestly, the only things I'm looking for from SL is the bios and gear up kits. The high level rewards are meh at best.

I need to level Odin. Dom I used earlier. Hopefully I can get the Black Dwarf IW costume so I can level him up like EM and PM.

Who is good for Corvus WBU? I've got both PM and BD down, but I'm not sure who to use against him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've been using my physicals of Wolverine, Quicksilver, and Winter Soldier/Cap/Sharon/Panther on Corvus just because I've been using my energy people on Dwarf. Key is strikers who reduce Dodge. And I like to use Bullseye and Spidey 2099 for their ignore Dodge leadership. Cable too if I get frustrated with him on Dwarf.

Shadowland is worth it for 6*isos too and cards. I've gotten a couple of new cards from the boxes. But yeah, the last five stages are kind of lame for prizes.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I just reached SL #21 for the first time ever. Sadly, my T2 Sinister Sixers are not enough to get through it. And my newly T2 Maestro is no help.

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jun 6, 2018

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Like clearly you just have better cards or beefed up URUs or something

what are your cards like? i have trash urus on my cable but my cards are pretty decent. getting a full set of mythic cards with decent affixes should be your number one priority imo.

IntuitiveLogic
May 22, 2007
Sometimes your gut is right and your head is just stupid.
Applied to worst alliance IGN - ShenLongStrong

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

punchymcpunch posted:

what are your cards like? i have trash urus on my cable but my cards are pretty decent. getting a full set of mythic cards with decent affixes should be your number one priority imo.

:getin:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

drat that is a lot more attack % buffs then I have, I have about the same ignore defense though. I also just rolled an awful 1 when I tried a combine on the Loki rare card.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

punchymcpunch posted:

I think mine are okish. I did an overhaul of them a couple of months ago but I'm still not 100% on what I should be going for. And I haven't done anything with them since as I've just been focused on collecting the cards for the bonus sets and then I determine which of my 6* cards are worth holding onto and which I can feed to my set cards to try and make better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am debating to just keep getting Colossus X-genes from the selector but not level him to 6* and just hold out hope I can get a 6* upgrade token.