Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Gotta go for B. Because dammit, somebody in charge around here needs to be competent, and it's not going to be us!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
C Absolutely not. We did not go through all of that bullshit to become a monarchy again.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
B

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal

Patter Song posted:

B

The way we're describing Zulfiqar, it sounds more Orleanist than Bonapartist.

We might get to be the starting point of this world's Revolutions of 1848! Man, Imagine the secret societies in Northern Italy after a decade of every country just stacking bodies there in neat little piles. It's like Belgium but worse.

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D
B seems like the best choice.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
I don't know how parties are going to work in the Vicky 2 phase, but if there's a republican party i'll give them my full support.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Allah placed the Jizrunids on the Throne and they performed admirably. We took the throne away from them and we had centuries of decline and warfare. Put them back!

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
C

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Frionnel posted:

I don't know how parties are going to work in the Vicky 2 phase, but if there's a republican party i'll give them my full support.

Yeah, there will be a party that aims to steer the nation onto a more democratic path. It'll be a tough road though.

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Voting for B, what could possibly go wrong

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Hashim posted:

Yeah, there will be a party that aims to steer the nation onto a more democratic path. It'll be a tough road though.

Well i didn't necessarily mean democratic. :smuggo:

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Hashim posted:

Everybody loves the Tirrunist Restorers, a party that loves equal rights and the ideals of the Revolution! *five seconds pass* We regret to inform you that Moroccan ironclads have burned down Qadis.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

B

Zulfiqar is the most competent leader we've had in ages.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
A, because we need someone to be executed by communists :black101:

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

joining the Bandwagon, I think an actual person living a solid 80 year life to this point would have had a life experience rooted in the fact that Monarchy was threatened with destruction but came out on top of the bloodiest known wars in history, and now they're dictating the terms. nobody has to like it but nobody living through it could've missed the point, I'm thinking

we, a kleptocratic fake republic, allied with a revolutionary empire to attack our shared enemy of Monarchy. we failed and turned coat at about the last possible moment to rescue our prospects. our kleptocratic fake republic just went from least bad option to complete non option, in my opinion. moving toward a constitutional Monarchy might actually be a faster track to a worthwhile republic than letting the majlis have their medieval way. maybe having a king to keep them busy will let the real citizens of andalus get power faster. I think the B dynasty is a better gamble than the A one

edit also I like that you're using the vagaries of first past the post elections to gently caress with us but I suspect the jizrunids won't have the spoiler vote capacity you'd need. but it would be funny if a plurality hosed everything up. since, you know, that happens

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jun 6, 2018

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
We need a sultan to deal peaceably with the other powers. Let us install one who has done a sultan's work in fact, not just theory. Let us raise up one who understands Al-Andalus as it stands today, not as it stood in his grandfather's time. One who understands and accepts the rule of law. Let us make a Sultan of Raed Zulfiqar. B

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
A tie between the two monarchies is more likely than the antimonarchists having a higher total than both, B has a solid lead whilst A and C are pretty close.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
C. We are more enlightened and closer to Allah than any king or sultan.

Out of curiosity though, who is the Jizrunid pretender we'd invite under A? Or will that also be up to Victoria RNG?

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010
C No gods, no sultans, only the Majlis

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
B

Zulfiqar is by far the best option for creating a Constitutional Monarchy, as we know he'd be an enthusiastic architect of the first word in that phrase. I can see no better, more stable option.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Zulfiqar is 70. He is going to be dead in short order.

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal

AJ_Impy posted:

We'll have 10 years of enlightened constitutional monarchy and then his son will become sultan and immediately start backpedaling towards absolutism, leading to a revolt and the founding of the second Andalusi Republic which will last 3 years before we elect the grandson of Tirruni president and whoopsies he immediately becomes a dictator. This is how you get democracy, trust me.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

AJ_Impy posted:

And then his son is going to turn out to be a syphillitic Shia.

Clayren posted:

This is how you get democracy, trust me.

Can't wait for the Qadis Commune event to fire!

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

B.

Because Zulfiqar is way cooler a name than Jizrunid and I wouldn't mind seeing it in further updates.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Switch my A to a B, because ZearothK is correct about it being a cooler name.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

AJ_Impy posted:

That's not a bug, it's a feature.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Switch my A to a B, because ZearothK is correct about it being a cooler name.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Your choices are picking from the deposed remnants of the old regime, possibly with ties to the Jizrunids of Palermo, an old, tired man who just wanted to retire after leading the country through its toughest time in a thousand years, or sticking with an unelected body of misguided fools.

I see sadness in your future, no matter what you do.

habeasdorkus posted:

And then his son is going to turn out to be a syphillitic Shia.

Wasn't that what the last Jizrunid was?

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

GSD posted:

C. We are more enlightened and closer to Allah than any king or sultan.

Out of curiosity though, who is the Jizrunid pretender we'd invite under A? Or will that also be up to Victoria RNG?

That would be the second son of Ibrahim-Yah, Emir of Palermo (his first son would inherit Palermo, to be clear). All of the Andalusi Jizrunids were either executed or forced into hiding, so the chances of digging one of them up are nonexistent at this point.

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)
B
Let us stay in good graces with our European brethren.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
Yeah, seems like three bad options. out of which B seems the least bad one. Zulfiqar is old and not interested in absolute monarchy it seems, so let's use that for what it's worth before he dies.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Hashim posted:

That would be the second son of Ibrahim-Yah, Emir of Palermo (his first son would inherit Palermo, to be clear). All of the Andalusi Jizrunids were either executed or forced into hiding, so the chances of digging one of them up are nonexistent at this point.

I'm trying to imagine how the offer would be explained to this kid without him outright refusing at worst and going in with extreme trepidation at best

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

I'm trying to imagine how the offer would be explained to this kid without him outright refusing at worst and going in with extreme trepidation at best

Oh he wouldn't be a kid. Ibrahim-Yah's been ruling Palermo since before the Bavarian Revolution, way back in eu4, so his sons would be getting on in years as well. He also remembers the days where the Jizrunids still ruled in Iberia, which could play some part in his decision.

As for the second son actually accepting, I feel like any crown is better than no crown, especially for an ambitious prince with no hopes of inheriting one.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jun 6, 2018

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

C

No sultans, no kings, just Al-Andalus and Allah!

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Gonna go with B! Hopefully he'll help out with a good constitution?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

SlothfulCobra posted:

an old, tired man who just wanted to retire after leading the country through its toughest time in a thousand years

Sounds like we found this timeline's George Washington.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

B

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

As far as I can tell B currently has a commanding lead with 48 votes in favor, followed by C with 20 and A with 10.

Looking like it's going to be long live Sultan Zulfiqar.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
When all you closet Monarchists are clamoring to join me at the barricades as Zulfiqar's Mad Son executes the Majlis for failing to bow to his lord Iblis, I'm going to shoot you in the face dick. at least that way I'll cure your cancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

habeasdorkus posted:

When all you closet Monarchists are clamoring to join me at the barricades as Zulfiqar's Mad Son executes the Majlis for failing to bow to his lord Iblis, I'm going to shoot you in the face dick. at least that way I'll cure your cancer.

Closet? All I want is a strong Al-Andalus ruled by a Sunni Sultan, preferably Jizrunid but only the Sunni part is non-negotiable.