Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
lmao noone has ever done this ever google

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

moron izzard posted:

lmao noone has ever done this ever google

I guess you've never heard of a little place called "The South"

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Yea I've seen places that schools close for that poo poo but not mlk day, gently caress the south

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
just used google meet or whatever the new group messaging thing for business is

not good

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Jose Valasquez posted:

I guess you've never heard of a little place called "The South"

Yeah I mean that's just a standard disclaimer that gets put on things when there's a public holiday in that region.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

it’s correct tho? he probably has euro trash settings so in real numbers it would be 44.452 kg which is 98 lbs

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

please dont disrespect the one true way to separate digits tia

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Sereri posted:

please dont disrespect the one true way to separate digits tia

why is it better

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

mrmcd posted:

Yeah I mean that's just a standard disclaimer that gets put on things when there's a public holiday in that region.

I'm in a red as hell state and have literally never heard of someone adjusting their times for that.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

carry on then posted:

why is it better

that's not how this works

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hey google

gently caress your loving webp garbage file format that even loving photoshop can't open so you can't convert it to anything that anyone uses except though lovely open source garbage or skeevy online converters.

i hate your guts. go die in a fire

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

just convert it to something usable with ffmpeg. poo poo sucks and you’ll deal with degradation but you can probably get something ‘good enough’

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

google linked me to someone's personal web1.0 site with a photoshop plugin that is probably going to automatically convert all my files into goatse but it was able to open the file so i could resave it as a jpeg.

you know, that file format that has worked perfectly fine for the last, i dunno, 30+ years

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
webp probably has some good features useful purely for internal google people

like chrome regression testing or something

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sagebrush posted:

google linked me to someone's personal web1.0 site with a photoshop plugin that is probably going to automatically convert all my files into goatse but it was able to open the file so i could resave it as a jpeg.

you know, that file format that has worked perfectly fine for the last, i dunno, 30+ years

i suppose you could open it in chrome a screencap it too which is even more lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

carry on then posted:

why is it better

functionally clearer. the more important distinction is the zero, not the order of magnitude.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Krankenstyle posted:

functionally clearer. the more important distinction is the zero, not the order of magnitude.

trap fuckign sprung

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

just use | imo

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

carry on then posted:

trap fuckign sprung

ya i feel bad for you son, youre takin sides with shagger lmao

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

Krankenstyle posted:

the other way seems more logical though from an language perspective
sentences can have multiple commas but only 1 period

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Perplx posted:

wrong

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Perplx posted:

what the...?!

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

moron izzard posted:

I'm in a red as hell state and have literally never heard of someone adjusting their times for that.

My man what I am saying is there's just some poor slob in India entering all the legal holidays for every place into a table that lets you do GetHoliday(date,lat,long).

If you don't want Maps telling the whole world your lovely state has a specific public holiday celebrating failed racist traitors, that sounds like something you should take up with your electeds instead of getting mad at an app.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

See also: Columbus Day.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

anthonypants posted:

what the...?!

you misspelled …

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

you europeans are so good at inventing logical reasons for decisions which in no way actually affected the decision

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

carry on then posted:

you europeans are so good at inventing logical reasons for decisions which in no way actually affected the decision

as opposed to just bombing the poo poo outta everything ya warmongering maniac

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Krankenstyle posted:

as opposed to just bombing the poo poo outta everything ya warmongering maniac

remember the last time you tried to make everyone exactly like you?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

uh no i dont think i do

ps im not german if thats what you think lol

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Fiedler posted:

sounds reasonable. i hear wells fargo developed some very interesting employee incentive programs.

we can talk about whether or not the incentives were a good idea, but one cannot deny that they worked

employees did, indeed, respond to the incentive :q:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

we can talk about whether or not the incentives were a good idea, but one cannot deny that they worked

employees did, indeed, respond to the incentive :q:

yep obvs the incentives worked but thats why the punishment needs to extend to the managers & CxOs for it to make a difference

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

mrmcd posted:

See also: Columbus Day.

lots of places are dropping this one now, like we get a floating personal day since nobody took it anyways and they just dont mention it in the corporate holidays guide

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
webp exists because some hotshot middle manager wanted a promotion and had to come up with a new product fast

passes the toothbrush test if every chrome user is forced to use it

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
my employer just dropped columbus day for mlk day. my friend who works for the state gets confederate heroes day off on years where it doesn't also fall on mlk day, on yerars where they are the same day (this is, by design, most years) he gets only one day off.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

va used to place lee-jackson day on the same day as mlk day, but moved them apart in like 2005 or something. i believe state workers get the former off, but not the latter

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

webp exists because some hotshot middle manager wanted a promotion and had to come up with a new product fast

passes the toothbrush test if every chrome user is forced to use it

What is the toothbrush test

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

does your cleaning person shove it up their rear end when you're not home

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Sagebrush posted:

rubin or brin or whichever google idiot hell fuckers had some rule that new products should only be released if it could become as ubiquitous as toothbrushes. Which is why google glass was released as a lovely, pointless, mass-market consumer device instead of "there's a few niche industries where this could be useful if developed specifically for them"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
"According to the New York Times, when Page looks at a potential company to acquire, he wants to know if the product is, like a toothbrush, 'something you will use once or twice a day.'"

*tbf it looka like a part of the test is asking "does this make your life better?" but goog doesn't seem to care about that part so much

• Locked thread