Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
I'm not sure that I like the looks of this version of Mandingo

Ed: Susan George snype:

Pigsfeet on Rye has a new favorite as of 02:00 on Jun 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/ItsKyllle/status/1003781404746907649?s=19

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Memento posted:

Why do cats do this on concrete? My cats are both indoor cats because they're a) pretty dumb and would get hit by cars and b) despite that they're also really good hunters and I like having local birds around my house. But every now and then my older cat will get out, and instead of like, running up the fence or hiding under the house or whatever, he just divebombs the concrete and rubs himself all over it.

Maybe the petrichor smells nice?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

I mean, it obviously goes without saying, but that's a miscommunication that you just can't afford.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

I mean, it obviously goes without saying, but that's a miscommunication that you just can't afford.

Where do you people live that you have tamale ladies going door-to-door? The closest I’ve ever had is the tamale guy who hangs out in the parking lot of the La Bonita at Flamingo and Rainbow. You have to go to him, though. Well, you have to go to the La Bonita parking lot. The tamale guy will find you from there.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Where do you people live that you have tamale ladies going door-to-door? The closest I’ve ever had is the tamale guy who hangs out in the parking lot of the La Bonita at Flamingo and Rainbow. You have to go to him, though. Well, you have to go to the La Bonita parking lot. The tamale guy will find you from there.

Where ever it is, I wanna live there. I want a door to door tamale lady.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

You haven't established a trade rapport with with a tamale lady. You support them with your goods, and they show up with a gross of tamales as thanks.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Eatin' rear end: The Next Generation

These are the voyages of the Starfish Enterprise...

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Texas

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

snergle posted:

https://www.newwaysministry.org/2017/06/07/new-report-shows-just-how-deep-knights-of-columbus-anti-lgbt-efforts-are/

This is a catholic pro lbgt organization.

https://www.ncronline.org/blogs/young-voices/3-things-know-you-invest-knights-columbus

This is the original article i was citing.

The afa is generally considered to be behind the bathroom bill that happened in nc.

The national organization does not get the tootsie roll money

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
someone, probably heavily intoxicated, stole a light tank* from an army base in southern virginia and drove it 60 miles to the state capital

https://twitter.com/ParkerSlay89/status/1004175909702823936

https://twitter.com/nedoliver/status/1004178823259320322

*it is an m577 mobile command vehicle don't pull your gun nut poo poo on me

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

thecluckmeme posted:

You haven't established a trade rapport with with a tamale lady. You support them with your goods, and they show up with a gross of tamales as thanks.

OMG, gratitude tamales are the best.

A group of us used to clear a neighbor’s walks and drive of snow. We were rewarded with more tamales than we could eat. We started just because she was old and we weren’t and it seemed like the neighborly thing to do. We continued because tamales.

We then regularly cut her lawn and raked her leaves as well until she passed. She had our number and that number was homemade tamales.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Lakedaimon posted:

The national organization does not get the tootsie roll money

Not gonna continue this after this but they arent putting the life insurance money into the charity arm of the koc. They are using the charity money to make donations to socially conservative organizations.

https://thinkprogress.org/how-one-religious-organization-bankrolls-americas-social-conservative-movement-b2d4a22b9239/

quote:

The Knights also operate a legally-separate but affiliated charitable arm called the Knights of Columbus Charities Inc. That tax-exempt non-profit organization made about 57 percent of its annual grants in 2013 to efforts to “promote matters affective life family, marriage and similar priorities in building a culture of life.”

quote:

In a November interview, the organizations’ top official noted that the Knights’ “first principle is charity,” and that its success has come due to its focus on “mission integrity.” But for several decades, that charity has also included work to overturn Roe v. Wade. Each year, the organization reaffirms, by resolution, its “deep and historic commitment to oppose any governmental action or policy that promotes abortion, embryonic stem cell research, human cloning, euthanasia, assisted suicide, or other offenses against life.”

quote:

Over the same period, the Knights of Columbus also sent more than $625,000 to another conservative legal group, the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty. While the group’s official mission is “to protect the free expression of all faiths,” it acknowledges that it works “at the crossroads of church and state.” In addition to its work against the Affordable Care Act’s contraception mandate and against LGBT rights, Becket has worked to erode the separation of church and state required by the First Amendment. This has included defending prayer at government functions, religious symbols in public spaces, and public funding for religious schools.

I'm not some raging internet atheist or anti catholic christian. i just think people should know that donating to the koc used to be good and has been very bad since about the 90s. If someone was arguing for you to donate to kids wish network or cancer fund of america or project cure i would also argue against them. One problem in our country is scam charities.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

snergle posted:

Not gonna continue this after this but they arent putting the life insurance money into the charity arm of the koc. They are using the charity money to make donations to socially conservative organizations.

https://thinkprogress.org/how-one-religious-organization-bankrolls-americas-social-conservative-movement-b2d4a22b9239/

I'm not some raging internet atheist or anti catholic christian. i just think people should know that donating to the koc used to be good and has been very bad since about the 90s. If someone was arguing for you to donate to kids wish network or cancer fund of america or project cure i would also argue against them. One problem in our country is scam charities.

gently caress this donation scheme. All of these things that ask for donations should be funded by the government anyway. Isn't it reported that poor people give more of their annual income percentage wise to charity than rich people do?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/Josh_Scully/status/1003996810749173762

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

(Yes, I know that this is fake. It is still funny.)

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wheat Loaf posted:

(Yes, I know that this is fake. It is still funny.)

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

:( I don't know how people live with out the services of the brave men and women who go around selling tamales.

https://www.thrillist.com/eat/chicago/tamale-man-chicago-dive-bars-claudio-velez-interview

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

sweet aunt petunia what a masterful display

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Thor slayin with the dad-jokes

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Is this loss

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Humor wise it's a net loss, yeah.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Solice Kirsk posted:

Humor wise it's a net loss, yeah.

someone doesn't like outkast

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/ChuckTingle/status/991328721301721095?s=19

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

They're ok. The joke is weak sauce.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

sneakyfrog posted:

someone doesn't like outkast

It was better as a tweet tho

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Yep, that's pretty much it.

Proteus Jones posted:

OMG, gratitude tamales are the best.

A group of us used to clear a neighbor’s walks and drive of snow. We were rewarded with more tamales than we could eat. We started just because she was old and we weren’t and it seemed like the neighborly thing to do. We continued because tamales.

We then regularly cut her lawn and raked her leaves as well until she passed. She had our number and that number was homemade tamales.

this is the feel good story of the year

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

I'm "Loins."

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Zipperelli. posted:

I'm "Loins."

I'm Cancer, Breast.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I've never had a tamale. They're just not a thing here. It's tragic.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

RoboRodent posted:

I've never had a tamale. They're just not a thing here. It's tragic.

I feel sorry for anyone who has never found themselves on the good side of an old Mexican abuela who randomly surprises them with awesome tamales and other homemade delights.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I feel sorry for anyone who has never found themselves on the good side of an old Mexican abuela who randomly surprises them with awesome tamales and other homemade delights.

I had a co-worker like this that would make a huge batch of tamales around Christmas time but sadly she left for another place :(

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

My mom used to work in a bunch of small-town nursing homes in SE Minnesota and people kept giving her lutefisk, that's pretty much the same thing, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i like how virgo is just the poop chute