Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Crotch Bat posted:

Have you really seen nothing of Twitch in general since the TOS changes?

Idk man the streams I watch haven't changed any. I have heard of some people getting suspended for being racists though so that's nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Clitch posted:

Describing a group of shitheads 100%

That will teach me to refresh first
it's okay, there's plenty of room on the leaderboards

edit: holy poo poo PLEASE tell me about what the TOS changes have actually done that is over the line :allears:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Sage Grimm posted:

My hearsay versus your hearsay. Which one will win out in the end? :thunk:

Give us examples, man. We can't point to an nebulous group of people that may or may not exist for evidence!

Tfue's ban, Destiny's ban, cjayride's ban off the top of my head. The cjay stuff was especially bad since Twitch basically caved to appease a massive Taiwanese streamer who threatened to leave the platform for Youtube. Destiny's was such an obvious joke.

GDQ is nothing like Twitch, I probably related them too closely. I still think they're great at making things boring but Twitch is run by Peter Principled morons who can't do anything consistently much less handle their streamers fairly.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
if twitch were fair dr disrespect would have been banned forever ago

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Crotch Bat posted:

Destiny's was such an obvious joke.

i had to google who this was and it looks like he got a week long ban for saying a bunch of slurs

funny joke

e: oh my god i looked up who tfue was too and are you seriously defending the guy who called someone a coon on stream lmao, gently caress outta here

absolutely anything fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jun 6, 2018

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

absolutely anything posted:

i had to google who this was and i looks like he got a week long ban for saying a bunch of slurs

funny joke

Yea, I'm not really sure what you're referring to but it wasn't that.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Crotch Bat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMOIPM7cwCM

what a real shame that this guy got banned

a real pity

a real loss for us all

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Tfue was suspended for a week after calling another player a coon.

Truly social justice gone mad.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

wHY cant this web site take a page from the noble europeans, whomst call everyone coon and the n word all the time and have a jolly laugh

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Crotch Bat posted:

From what I can gather from the first few search results on google he's also been banned from Twitter, PUBG and Youtube for various reasons including;

threatening to bomb his internet service provider
saying the n word multiple times on stream
threatening to kill people repeatedly
doxxing and threatening people he played with

uh, you really want to die on a hill defending this dude?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i follow over 150 people on twitch, zero of whom have been banned since the new tos.

i guess that's my fault for not following all the super awesome and hilarious twitch personalities who use racial slurs on stream and instead following boring people who play games without going out of their way to offend people :shrug:

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

a real pity

a real loss for us all

Crotch Bat posted:

it's sad you seem to draw some conclusion on me thinking GDQ clutches their pearls too tight as "man, I wish I could say friend of the family a lot in Twitch chat, also fag and/or oval office".

This was a strawman when you said it, but now I actually think this about you. Congrats!

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

a real pity

a real loss for us all

The ban I referred to was him bullshitting with his friend on Discord over League and getting banned for it. The guy was laughing while Destiny was saying it, it was clearly a joke.

this is the friend he was with https://twitter.com/tuxedosheep/status/951041754895089664

Dr. Stab posted:

Tfue was suspended for a week after calling another player a coon.

Truly social justice gone mad.

No, Tfue got a 30 day ban for it and it mysteriously changed to a 7 day ban about 24-48hr later. So you tell me, if this was such clear cut horrid racism, why would they be lowering the ban?

Googling random articles from whatever lovely tech site returns them isn't really a great help to your cause here but keep talking.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
You seem to follow a lot of people who are prone to racism heated gaming moments

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Maybe the nazi was crotch bat all along

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Crotch Bat posted:

No, Tfue got a 30 day ban for it and it mysteriously changed to a 7 day ban about 24-48hr later. So you tell me, if this was such clear cut horrid racism, why would they be lowering the ban?

Googling random articles from whatever lovely tech site returns them isn't really a great help to your cause here but keep talking.

Are you saying that calling someone a coon isn't racist?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Crotch Bat posted:

are you loving serious

because of whiny racists like you bitching about how clearly racist poo poo isn't racist when the funnyman streamer does it

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i don't think anything you're posting is actually helping your case and literally everything points to 'twitch is unfairly mistreating these people for saying weird racist poo poo' so i dunno if continuing will actually benefit you in the slightest and at best will just have us still laughing at this latest escapade of 'gdq is horrible and unfun' which seems to have blossomed into a discussion about which 'heated gaming moments' are truly a joke or actually meant, a furthering which absolutely no one could have ever predicted in their time of posting in this thread

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Crotch Bat posted:

"twitch doesn't consistently punish/do enough to punish people when they go on weird racist tirades" and "twitch is fuckin bull poo poo ever since they decided not to fuckin """offend""" anyone" are two completely different arguments please do not try to switch

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Crotch Bat posted:

The ban I referred to was him bullshitting with his friend on Discord over League and getting banned for it. The guy was laughing while Destiny was saying it, it was clearly a joke.

this is the friend he was with https://twitter.com/tuxedosheep/status/951041754895089664

i'm sure that 'bullshitting' was totally cool and not offensive given his past behavior.

Crotch Bat posted:

in what reality is calling someone coon not racist :psyduck:

literally nothing you have said has helped your case, at all. all you've done is make yourself out to be exactly the kind of person people were predicting when you started crying about twitch's tos.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

You seem to follow a lot of people who are prone to racism heated gaming moments

Follow exactly none of them, sorry. Here's my big list.

https://imgur.com/a/I4P7DNu

Cutoff at bottom are Treckie, Adam_ak, funkdoc, and Sinister1. Bottom 2 you can't see are sodapoppin and reckful.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Dr. Stab posted:

Are you saying that calling someone a coon isn't racist?

It's racist so why would they go from a 30 day ban to a 7 day ban.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Crotch Bat posted:

because of people like you crying about how unfair it is

like what the gently caress are you even arguing now

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Crotch Bat posted:

I don't know. I don't work at twitch. What are you trying to say?

e; Are you trying to say that twitch is soft on racism? That's the opposite of what you were trying to argue a second ago.

Dr. Stab fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jun 6, 2018

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Tfue's this whole discussion on how this one fortnite twitch prime skin makes a player look like a raccoon (kinda? sorta?) and because it's ambiguous enough people aren't going to be happy one way or another. Particularly when there's no guidelines to how bans are handed out or how consistently they are handled. As mentioned other streamers have gotten a pass for their behaviour that is just as bad if not worse (DrDisrespect). It's not a matter of Twitch being people with sticks up their asses but more of they let things slide until someone big enough gets pissy and then there's no policy in place to handle it.

In other words..

absolutely anything posted:

"twitch doesn't consistently punish/do enough to punish people when they go on weird racist tirades" and "twitch is fuckin bull poo poo ever since they decided not to fuckin """offend""" anyone" are two completely different arguments please do not try to switch

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i gotta say, responding to a throwaway "sounds like something a racism lover would say" shitpost with "Actually, I am not a Racism Lover, you can ask all of my friends and view all of my chatlogs and look at my following page. But Twitch has gone too far in the name of being inoffensive by banning these specific people that I will name who were banned from Twitch just for saying funny racism, which was clearly a joke" is one of the more bizarre self owns i've seen

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I'm 7daybanned Twitch user niggersayer58 etcetc

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
I'm glad Twitch is actually punishing racists.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Playing video games with a timer running

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
i speedrun on vimeo so idk what all this drama is

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

I'm glad Twitch is actually punishing racists.

Sounds like they aren’t doing enough honestly.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Doesn't Twitch default to a 30 day ban while they review the case and streamer's history before changing it to the actual length?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

IcePhoenix posted:

Doesn't Twitch default to a 30 day ban while they review the case and streamer's history before changing it to the actual length?

If by "streamers history" you mean "do cost/risk on if the ad/sub money they bring in is worth the risk of losing ad partners or getting sued"

trashy owl
Aug 23, 2017

Honestly surprised this whole conversation was all about racism and not the fact that so many people are angered/offended by queer/trans representation at GDQ events and are mad they get punished/called out for it now.

But I guess holy poo poo nazi fucks gonna nazi I guess. I just expected more diversity of shittiness from you Crotch Bat.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
Anyone been doing that FF4 Free Enterprise romhack? It's really good for speedrunning, especially if you generate a seed and race with other people. I've been enjoying it lately, and I don't even like to speedrun. You can even just turn on a bunch of hard flags and try to complete it for the challenge.

If this was mentioned before, it didn't come up in a search for me.

https://www.ff4-free-enterprise.com/

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I thought sub only mode was dumb because I do kind of enjoy how big and bad the chat could get in previous years, but it ended up turning out fine. It's only five dollars lol.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

GDQ has gotta get more racist to bring back the casual environment.

Actually werster did drop an n bomb on agdq 2013 bonus stream.

Maybe crotch bat is right :wth:!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

dipwood posted:

Anyone been doing that FF4 Free Enterprise romhack? It's really good for speedrunning, especially if you generate a seed and race with other people. I've been enjoying it lately, and I don't even like to speedrun. You can even just turn on a bunch of hard flags and try to complete it for the challenge.

If this was mentioned before, it didn't come up in a search for me.

https://www.ff4-free-enterprise.com/

I've been playing it here and there. I think it's fun but I don't know running ff4 well enough that I end up making lots of bad decisions over the course of a run.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Studio posted:

Actually werster did drop an n bomb on agdq 2013 bonus stream.
Bring back bonus streams, but also ban werster for life. Win win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!

Crotch Bat posted:

mighty fine sperg.

are you sure we need logs to find out if you're an rear end in a top hat