Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Oh and it was announced that all previous exclusive launch DLC would be made available to all platforms too when Foreskin comes out.

Pumped.

I'm only gonna call it Foreskin from now on. :perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Argas posted:

I've heard two separate mentions that weapons will use their intended ammo. Hopefully not the case because that would be stupid.

this would make literally zero sense. it would be a distinction without a difference from what we have right now.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
What I would really like to see is more d1 style warlock trench coats and fewer dresses and skirts.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Pigbottom posted:

What I would really like to see is more d1 style warlock trench coats and fewer dresses and skirts.

I have a real bug up my rear end about model clipping and the warlock drives me nuts in that regard.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

this would make literally zero sense. it would be a distinction without a difference from what we have right now.

Yeah, I don't exactly trust it but it's also the sort of thing I can see Bungie doing and going "Fixed!"

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
There is an icon on the weapon inventory that shows which ammo is used by that weapon. There was a screen that showed that the primary and secondary weapon were using the same ammo type. I think this might be OK if ammo type is like element burn and can be swapped out for a cost to have flexible builds.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
if all of the cool poo poo still requires purple ammo then literally nothing will have been changed or fixed

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

if all of the cool poo poo still requires purple ammo then literally nothing will have been changed or fixed

Except for primary+special.

Just having a sniper rifle or shotgun in the energy slot like in D1 is 80% of the draw for me. Just knowing that you can use a sniper rifle to blast away even mild inconveniences and not worry about ammo made you feel that much more powerful in the first game. The dual primaries of D2 made everyone feel weak and underpowered. By some indications in the expansion sniper rifles and shotguns are back on kinetic/energy ammo.

You can see the symbols for ammo in the screenshots, one bullet = kinetic, two bullets = special, three bullets = heavy
The first screenshot has a shotgun in the second slot with special ammo

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jun 6, 2018

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
well yeah, if the 'old' energy weapons are back, that's obviously fine. we just don't know how the ammo is going to work yet, and i've heard a few times that weapons will still be using the same ammo types as before. if i'm still relying on purple bricks to shoot my sniper or my fusion, it's not going to be very different, especially in pvp.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
just saw your edit, that's reassuring then, yeah.

also can't wait to murder people in fupa Titan armor

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

And here's a sniper rifle in the second slot with special ammo :) It looks like it could be this The scope and blue stock matches up with the icon.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

So are they tweaking the stats for third slot weapons being used in the second slot?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Except for primary+special.

Just having a sniper rifle or shotgun in the energy slot like in D1 is 80% of the draw for me. Just knowing that you can use a sniper rifle to blast away even mild inconveniences and not worry about ammo made you feel that much more powerful in the first game. The dual primaries of D2 made everyone feel weak and underpowered. By some indications in the expansion sniper rifles and shotguns are back on kinetic/energy ammo.

You can see the symbols for ammo in the screenshots, one bullet = kinetic, two bullets = special, three bullets = heavy
The first screenshot has a shotgun in the second slot with special ammo

That looks a lot more sane.

And yeah, what Steve said. I'm curious how they'll balance that.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Steve2911 posted:

So are they tweaking the stats for third slot weapons being used in the second slot?

I think it's either stat tweaking or, what you have in the slot will define how rare the ammo is as ammo is individual per player anyway

i.e. I have energy HC, green bricks rain from the sky

I have energy sniper, gotta punch those orange bars

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

I'm sure the balancing will be harder for Bungie, but gently caress balance, you know what I mean? The over-focus on balance is what made Destiny 2 so boring.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I'm sure the balancing will be harder for Bungie, but gently caress balance, you know what I mean? The over-focus on balance is what made Destiny 2 so boring.

It's also amusingly why rockets were so good, everything was balanced to do similar damage so why go through the effort of sniping

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Choosing a faction is so much harder when you only get one per account.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
You know, if you have gotten only 8 hours of gametime out of base D2, maybe you should just accept that this game is not for you and move on. :shrug:

It's ok, some games are not made for you.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
its equally okay to like things as much as it is to dislike things

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Moola posted:

its equally okay to like things as much as it is to dislike things

if you're not sucking bungie's dick and throwing money at them you just hate video games my dude

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It's a very angry thread I must say

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It's a very angry thread I must say

What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're loving dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of the continent, you little poo poo. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're loving dead, kiddo.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I prefer the video of the skinny white kid talking about how someone macks on his girlfriend and he lists all the video games he’s good at, that’s the best

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tlwda9S58Lg

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

gambit is gonna be the tits to grind. especially the dipping into a pubby's side and dunking on them to mess with their poo poo

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

if you're not sucking bungie's dick and throwing money at them you just hate video games my dude

I'm not saying you hate video games, I'm just saying you don't seem to like destiny 2.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I like destiny2 but really hate some of the monumentally boneheaded managerial system decisions they made like how iron banner/faction rally/trials of the nine are time limited events instead of being around 24/7

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
People complained about not having enough to do so we gave them less to do.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

I think it'll help for Trials and IB to be more time limited when they re-enable the power advantages in September. That way, you can play it, get kinda owned, then get better and do better next time. Something to work towards.

Yes I know half of you all will be at max power week 1 and this wont matter

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Power advantages returning to pvp is like one step forward and ten steps backwards, out the door, and off the loading dock.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
im excited to pay for the game i tried to buy but got scammed out of last year

already preordered... eighth times the charm bungie! :D

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
IB isn't a serious PvP mode and Trials is ideally supposed to be a one sided stomp so power level mattering doesn't really matter

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

People in this thread complaining about having to spend $5.83 per month to play an MMO.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
What's this faction thing I got a message about? Is it mainly just about earning cosmetics? Are there other differences between them?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

bamhand posted:

What's this faction thing I got a message about? Is it mainly just about earning cosmetics? Are there other differences between them?

Did you read the message, then follow the markers in the tower to visit each one and see the differences between them?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Yeah I talked to them and they had a bunch of items for sale that I couldn't buy. I'm new to the game, are the items cosmetically different? Or are one faction's functionally different from the others? Is there anything besides the items?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I do not believe I am able to help you.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
OK, thanks anyways.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

bamhand posted:

Yeah I talked to them and they had a bunch of items for sale that I couldn't buy. I'm new to the game, are the items cosmetically different? Or are one faction's functionally different from the others? Is there anything besides the items?

There's different reward s depending on who wins or if you're in the winning one or something. Something else was on last week. Or maybe the same thing. gently caress if I know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Dietrich posted:

People in this thread complaining about having to spend $5.83 per month to play an MMO.

Destiny and MMO in one sentence again :laffo:

• Locked thread