Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

FlamingLiberal posted:

I was a bit surprised to hear that considering the negative reaction to the character and all of the issues Suicide Squad has had.

Warner Bros execs making stupid decisions that can only be the result of enormous contempt for their target audience? Well I never!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Pretty sure Harley and Joker merch grossed more than Suicide Squad's box office.

It's not the worst idea WB has had in terms of potential profit.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It made more than Justice League and that's got two spin-offs going.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I liked the joker in suicide squad but the character was nothing more than Harley's boyfriend. It was a near reversal of presentation. He couldn't carry a film

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The movie is just 90 minutes of Joker getting thrown under a bus.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I never had an issue with tattoo'd joker, but the tats they put on him were really lazy. Like It looked like some exec had used MS paint to draw a bunch of stuff on him and handed it to Oscar Winner Makeup and told them "do this".

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I wouldn't mind the tats if it wasn't for that lame rear end "Damaged" one on his forehead.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Millennial Joker was nothing if not inspired. It wasn't done well at all and the idea of building an entire movie around it is so dumb I am laughing REALLY hard over it, but I gotta give credit to the guy that said "What if Post Malone was craaaazy?" for having an imagination broader than mine.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I know it comes up from time to time about how the worst Batman fans are actually Joker fans, but where does that come from? What inspired it? Is it just Heath Ledger's portrayal of the character or does it go back further, maybe to Killing Joke?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

No, they're Red Hood fans.

edit: But I bet there were all sorts of Cesar Romero fanboys running around in the 60's with paint over their mustaches, being super obnoxious.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jun 6, 2018

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oooh wee this Into the Spiderverse trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4Hbz2jLxvQ

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Holy F! :spidey:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I like those little effects, like the speech bubbles and the freeze frame. And of course the awesome flipped shot when he jumps.

I wonder how often those are used in the full movie.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It looks loving incredible.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
i had no idea i wanted to see that so much.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

zoux posted:

That is stylish as gently caress.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The character designs remind me a lot of The Iron Giant.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

zoux posted:

God drat. Now that's a version of Miles' dad that I can get behind as a protagonist!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Was Miles' dad a cop in the comics?

Also Jake Johnson as Peter Parker is inspired.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

zoux posted:

Yeah, he was also a mole for Nick Fury (though not an actual SHIELD agent) in Kingpin's organization before that.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

zoux posted:

Also Jake Johnson as Peter Parker is inspired.

Visually he looks a lot like Jake Gyllenhaal, oddly.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Official poster is good too.

I'd love it if blockbuster comic book cartoon movies became a thing. Live action MCU has been great but comics are ultimately a drawn media and there's a lot of aesthetics that you can't tap into with irl actors.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Big Hero 6 was pretty good too. There really should be more

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

zoux posted:

Really digging the art/animations style. Looks amazing.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
There's no loving I'm missing this, that looks fantastic

Although it might get a little bit too crowded, I still would enjoy a Kaine Scarlet Spider cameo.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Well that looks amazing. Can't wait to see Spider-Ham.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
That flick looks incredible

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Holy poo poo that looks good, not expecting the kicker at the end either.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

It looks good, and I need to watch it at not work so I can have the sound on. However, I don't like how some of the colors split around the edges. It looks like a projector that's going out of focus. Or two colors that aren't lining up on the screen in the right area.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's recalling old comic printing misalignment.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I don't know if it's just the style but that Peter looks very rugged? Like, mid40s unemployed rugged. Wonder what his backstory will be.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I sorta didn't like how much of a dirty scumbag vibe they gave Pete, but everything else looked cool aside from movies continually trying to make cops into friendly and sympathetic good guys when we know they're all roided up psycho bullies

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Holy crap, that looks incredible.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Hobo Pete is the logical conclusion for a guy who's perpetually single and broke for decades so I'm with it

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Oh my God, that looks amazing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like the only change in Gwen's costume is her flats are now ballet shoes.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

SlimGoodbody posted:

I sorta didn't like how much of a dirty scumbag vibe they gave Pete, but everything else looked cool aside from movies continually trying to make cops into friendly and sympathetic good guys when we know they're all roided up psycho bullies

Well, comics are the realm of fantasy and make-believe.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Doesn't Miles' dad specifically have a line about how his childhood made him distrust cops in the comics?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He’s a cop in the comics too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Not a fan of the bleeding color or comic book pop art transitions but I dig the animation and this looks like a breath of loving fresh air from the onslaught of comic book movies. I really hope this does well.

• Locked thread