Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Batman:Ninja was fun to watch, but you have to put reality on the backburner. They are goofy as hell on some of the bits, but if you don't take it serious its good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
It's way more of a string of video game cutscenes than any kind of cohesive narrative.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Thundercats is serious business

https://twitter.com/isawiitchtalk/status/1003766808321482752?s=19

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Put all fans on a minecart into a dynamite pit

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Unmature posted:

Put all fans on a minecart into a dynamite pit

Just the conservative ones please.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Someone got so mad about thunder cats they threatened to shoot up a college

someone got so mad about thunder cats

They threatened to shoot up a college

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Sockser posted:

Someone got so mad about thunder cats they threatened to shoot up a college

someone got so mad about thunder cats

They threatened to shoot up a college

It's about ethics in thinly veiled action figure marketing nostalgia.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
All this and my twitter is a buzz with news of 2 of the actresses from The Last Jedi leaving instagram due to harassment from Star Wars fans. And this is the same year as the incel terrorists. People gonna keep ignoring this poo poo until something really bad happens though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

All this and my twitter is a buzz with news of 2 of the actresses from The Last Jedi leaving instagram due to harassment from Star Wars fans. And this is the same year as the incel terrorists. People gonna keep ignoring this poo poo until something really bad happens though.

Plenty of really bad things have already happened relating to this kinda poo poo. People have been killed. Schools have been shot up. I don't think there is a breaking point.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Plenty of really bad things have already happened relating to this kinda poo poo. People have been killed. Schools have been shot up. I don't think there is a breaking point.

I mean those are bad in a normal society, but schools getting shot up are kinda becoming normal these past several years over here. But yeah, there probably isn't a breaking point anymore.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

There have been like five school shootings since January carried out by people wearing nazi regalia who posted on the internet about how they were nazis. Nothing will make this country realize there’s a problem as long as the killers are white.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The problem is that and compound with America’s completely irrational demand to own guns “in case the badguys come”.

Like honestly, if Sandyhook wasn’t a breaking point, nothing will be.

Anyway, my brother was saying they are getting Will Artnett to voice Deathstroke in the Teen Titans animated film as opposed to Ron Pearlman for....reasons.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

New Spider-Verse trailer looks incredible.

https://youtu.be/g4Hbz2jLxvQ

Vandar fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jun 6, 2018

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Vandar posted:

New Spider-Verse trailer looks incredible.

https://youtu.be/g4Hbz2jLxvQ

This looks cool.. but also like I need red/blue 3d glasses.. wtf

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Peter bumming money off children, 10/10 much accurate, very canon.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
That trailer rules. I am incredibly hype for this movie.

Also I love Miles' dad.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gaz-L posted:

Peter bumming money off children, 10/10 much accurate, very canon.

Hell yeah!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Dang thats a good trailer im hype af

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

That looks INCREDIBLE. The first superhero movie I've been excited about in years and years.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

The only thing I am not hype for in that trailer is Peter's voice.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I assume this means Zooey Deschanel as MJ? :v:

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
I assume it means Jeff Goldblum as Uncle Ben.

edit: got my voice actors mixed up there but I would honestly love that casting

Fuego Fish fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 6, 2018

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

hiddenriverninja posted:

The only thing I am not hype for in that trailer is Peter's voice.

He sounds a little... bored? I’m hoping it’s a choice, like he’s just tired from extended dimension-hopping, because Nick Miller-but-from-New York is inspired.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I think the framing is that Miles is being exposed to the multiverse and is becoming Spider-Man and all that while the Peter we've got has been in 616 for like 20 years now. He seems over it.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

SonicRulez posted:

I think the framing is that Miles is being exposed to the multiverse and is becoming Spider-Man and all that while the Peter we've got has been in 616 for like 20 years now. He seems over it.

Literally the only downside to the trailer is in retrospect I'd find it perfect if Peter was actually Kaine, but I know they'd never do that.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I got this sort of "voodoo DirectX" thing and replayed a bunch of Sam & Max on Steam today - someone should reboot that as a cartoon. I have vague memories of the original animated series but don't remember if it was any good or not.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

I got this sort of "voodoo DirectX" thing and replayed a bunch of Sam & Max on Steam today - someone should reboot that as a cartoon. I have vague memories of the original animated series but don't remember if it was any good or not.

It was decent and very weird (think Twisted Tales of Felix The Cat) but the humor was a bit more general than the games or comics. You could do a lot worse on a saturday morning.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I've rewatched a few episodes recently, and Lactose the Intolerant remains an awesome parody. They really get so many adult reference in there too, some of which are pretty sly and others are straight-up references to Aliens or whatever, without it being too overbearing, and it's a pretty creative show. Some use of foreign stereotypes for humour is the only thing that hasn't necessarily aged well, but it's such a wacky show it's possibly less standout than it would otherwise be, so just YMMV.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've been trying to find a copy of the trade paperback collection but they're pretty hard to come by.

I think Sam & Max Hit the Road either came out on Steam recently (I know The Curse of Monkey Island went up on Steam earlier this year) or is available on GOG - I haven't seen it in about 20 years (when it was too difficult for me :v:) so I've been thinking of getting it as well. Does it hold up as a good point-and-click?

Anyway, Sam & Max is something Lord & Miller might potentially be good at, actually.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think Sam & Max Hit the Road either came out on Steam recently (I know The Curse of Monkey Island went up on Steam earlier this year) or is available on GOG - I haven't seen it in about 20 years (when it was too difficult for me :v:) so I've been thinking of getting it as well. Does it hold up as a good point-and-click?

It's not a Sierra game, so yeah.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Lurdiak posted:

It's not a Sierra game, so yeah.

Quest for Glory 1-4 and Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father would like a word.

Lightning Lord fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 11, 2018

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Most of the Space Quests too. Really I think it's actually the minority that *don't* hold up.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Mulva posted:

Most of the Space Quests too. Really I think it's actually the minority that *don't* hold up.

I assume Lurdiak's main objection to the Sierra games is deaths, dead man walking scenarios and moon logic puzzles. The Space Quests are still very funny, but they're packed to the brim with those. Personally I've played all the Sierra adventures so many times I can sleepwalk through them all so it doesn't bother me, but I can see how it would someone else.

QfG and GK1 don't really have those problems though, they're the most well designed and the games even the most hardened LucasArts partisans usually respect

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lightning Lord posted:

I assume Lurdiak's main objection to the Sierra games is deaths, dead man walking scenarios and moon logic puzzles. The Space Quests are still very funny, but they're packed to the brim with those. Personally I've played all the Sierra adventures so many times I can sleepwalk through them all so it doesn't bother me, but I can see how it would someone else.

QfG and GK1 don't really have those problems though, they're the most well designed and the games even the most hardened LucasArts partisans usually respect

Maybe he just hates Leisure Suit Larry.

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation

Samuringa posted:

the wonders of having women design women

It'd be cool if they did at least a second body type/silhouette among this entire cast of characters though.

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation

SlothfulCobra posted:

Really? It's such a nothing to get worked up over. At worst it's a bad cartoon that mocks fans of its original. There's no higher social principles involved, or anything vaguely political. What is there to snowball into something like Gamergate?

Is it just that Thundercats fans are in more in the angry old man age range?

Multiple actual actors of star wars have had to leave the internet because people keep realistically threatening to murder them accompanied by photos of where they live and their families and children.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
People take fiction far too seriously and I'll never understand it. If you don't like something that's fair enough but it's no big deal at the end of the day. It's only movies/cartoons/books/etc.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Yeah. I put some blame on schools though, at least in the US. They don't really teach criticism (they sure didn't when I was in school.) I mean, they taught "literary criticism" when I was in high school, but in reality, that was the kind of academic writing that is pretty masturbatory and doesn't really teach anyone how to express an actual personal opinion. So kids grow up not really knowing how to take in and process entertainment media and are basically thrown to the wolves of the internet where they get engulfed in lovely, toxic fan cultures.

The interesting thing to me about the Last Jedi stuff is, that despite the god awful assholes harassing people, there isn't actually much relief on the other side of the fence, so to speak. The people who liked that film have been quite insufferable in their own way and it really goes to show you the sad state of fandoms.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Of course it goes for people who like stuff too much as well as people dislike it, but the latter are more frequently the ones going out of their way to go after people.

I think it's mostly internecine within a fan community with people who are really passionate fans of something. I don't think people who liked a movie have ever impelled one of its cast to quit social media, for instance. (Which I think is fairly rare, but that makes it more notable when it does happen.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Oh definitely, it is a totally different scope of problem. Harassers are a more critical issue for sure, but I have to feel that at least part of that is born from general toxicity in fandoms. I generally really like Star Wars, but I did not care for TLJ, and I can definitely say that as someone who found the film flawed, the behavior of people who did like the film completely turned me off, and at times legitimately frustrated and angered me. Now thankfully, I am not some insane maladjusted rear end in a top hat, so the only result was kind of just removing myself from that whole area of geekery, but I can imagine lots of people being pushed into the welcome arms of more extreme, lovely people. I mean, none of this blow up happened with The Force Awakens. There were definitely bigots and assholes there too, but they were mostly drowned out by an overwhelming positive response.

I guess what I am saying is that people shutting down any civil discussion of a movie (or whatever) only aids in giving crazy assholes more of a platform. It has a snowball effect.