Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
My friend wants to spend time with his family and kids instead of coming with me to the movies to see a potentially awesome or potentially horrible movie.

Stupid family, all filled with love and happiness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

My friend wants to spend time with his family and kids instead of coming with me to the movies to see a potentially awesome or potentially horrible movie.

Stupid family, all filled with love and happiness.

Everyone I know is married and all but one of them has a litter of kids.

It also doesn't help me much that I'm not into having children at the moment and everyone around here who is single is a single parent and I'm usually the youngest person at every bar I go to and I'm 31-years-old.

Central Wyoming sucks :smith:

Judas Horse
Mar 24, 2018

ey im walkin simulator here
i spent like half my income this month on an unimportant dumb hobby for "self care" and I'm too embarrassed about it to seek help whoops.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Judas Horse posted:

i spent like half my income this month on an unimportant dumb hobby for "self care" and I'm too embarrassed about it to seek help whoops.

Unless it is a RealDoll it can't be that bad.

Too hot to go for walks anymore and it sucks because I really enjoy clearing my head and listening to music.

Our pool's filter broke and a leak hit the central waterlines, so we drained the pool, and it's too pricey to fix so it sits drained to prevent mosquito orgies. It was fine when I was a kid, but my dad didn't plan it out well, and thought a pool that is 4 feet, then 5, then back to 4, would be a great one in ground pool for growing kids and adults to use. The one he has at his new house is about 10 feet at the deepest end.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I just learned my cable company has an app that lets you watch your DVR'd shows on your phone/tablet.

I did not get a full night's sleep last night.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
A high level portal in Ingress across the street from the other hospital I work at is controlled by the enemy team. Usually that's good since I get more points from hacking it, but they're not recharging their resonators so it might go neutral by next week :saddowns:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

DizzyBum posted:

I just learned my cable company has an app that lets you watch your DVR'd shows on your phone/tablet.

I did not get a full night's sleep last night.

This is the only good thing about Comcast. But of course being Comcast they changed it so you can no longer start new show recordings from your app, you HAVE to do it on the cable box itself. So like, if I’m at home (I use my moms Comcast and she lives 50 min away) and there’s some show I want to start recording, I’m poo poo out of luck.

However there is another positive in that I can access the tlc go and a&e (and probably a bunch others) apps due to the Comcast account so I can binge watch all the My 600 Pound Life, Hoarders, and other garbage tv all I want!

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I accidentally became friends with my uber driver and I don't know how I feel about it. He's great, I like the guy and he's at my house pretty much all the time. But he's the only driver on the island and I still need uber and it feels super weird to look at the guy next to me on the couch and ask if I can hail him on the app to go to work. I don't even know why this bothers me? Being awkward never ceases to be as lame as possible.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Danaru posted:

A high level portal in Ingress across the street from the other hospital I work at is controlled by the enemy team. Usually that's good since I get more points from hacking it, but they're not recharging their resonators so it might go neutral by next week :saddowns:

I'm always in an enemy neighborhood which is patrolled by one or two extremely dedicated players. If I try to focus down a single high-level portal with like 10+ links on it holding up a ton of fields, they're remotely recharging it within seconds of my first attack. Stupid push notifications. :argh:

I wish my phone could keep both Ingress and Pokemon Go in memory without closing one or the other. I like Go and all that, but the "turf war" aspect of Ingress is uniquely fun and there's nothing quite like it in Go.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My computer won't stay in sleep mode. Good news, the internet is invaluable in revealing a bunch of ways to discover what is waking up your computer from sleep mode. Bad news, all of those are spitting back "Um, nothing woke up the computer, sir" results.

Like, if it was some mystery problem that I couldn't find a solution to, it'd be one thing, but to basically find a plethora of potential solutions only for none of them to work is so annoying.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

fizzymercy posted:

I accidentally became friends with my uber driver and I don't know how I feel about it. He's great, I like the guy and he's at my house pretty much all the time. But he's the only driver on the island and I still need uber and it feels super weird to look at the guy next to me on the couch and ask if I can hail him on the app to go to work. I don't even know why this bothers me? Being awkward never ceases to be as lame as possible.

It's just a hosed up power dynamic. It's like dating your secretary or boss.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Yes that's a 3-star friendship at most.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

It's just a hosed up power dynamic. It's like dating your secretary or boss.

Ah man, that's annoyingly close to home. Guess I'll be an adult and say something before I get weird. I'm already not willing to call it a real relationship over it.

Real fwp: I keep forgetting to buy nail polish remover and my nails look like I forgot how to be a human. Like they look like a crime scene photo. It's the worst.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
FWP the first: this thread reminded me that I really liked Ingress, but I can't play because my local "scene" is full of GPS spoofing fuckers, on both sides, who make the game unplayable for everyone else because they do things you physically can't defend against like hack portals that are miles apart within seconds from each other.

FWP the second: ever since Windows updates my Office 2003 install keeps crashing. I can switch to Libre office no problem, but my dad also used Office 2003 and now I have to teach him (he's nearly seventy) to use a new program. Microsoft! :argh:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Mikl posted:

FWP the first: this thread reminded me that I really liked Ingress, but I can't play because my local "scene" is full of GPS spoofing fuckers, on both sides, who make the game unplayable for everyone else because they do things you physically can't defend against like hack portals that are miles apart within seconds from each other.

They put all the anti-spoofing measures in Pokemon Go. I feel like it would be trivial to port that code over to Ingress. They should make it where if you do something blatantly impossible like hack or attack two portals that are too far apart, it softbans you.

Maybe they'll have anti-spoofing in Ingress Prime when that gets released.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

DizzyBum posted:

They put all the anti-spoofing measures in Pokemon Go. I feel like it would be trivial to port that code over to Ingress. They should make it where if you do something blatantly impossible like hack or attack two portals that are too far apart, it softbans you.

Maybe they'll have anti-spoofing in Ingress Prime when that gets released.

That's what this Verge article says. That they'll integrate the improved anti-spoofing measures from Pokemon Go, combined with both Google and Apple's new AR APIs into it.

Which makes me happy, because Ingress was my jam for about two years straight.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My FWP is that all this neat-looking poo poo like Pokemon Go and Ingress and all these battle royale games look kinda neat but I just kinda have an :effort: reaction to all of them because I don't want to deal with other people and I'm not big on PvP games in the first place.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I played Ingress completely solo. For me, ot was an excuse to go outside, and the game part was mostly secondary. Spoofers still ruined it, though.

Battle Royale games for me have the same FWP, though, as you do. I don't really like online play with other people unless it's "no voice chat" style. Halo 3 was my last big online game that I kinda enjoyed competition with. I've played maybe 30 hours of Overwatch, but I hit a skill level even in free play where people were getting angry with me for not using a mic, and I disabled voice and text box chat completely to avoid the toxicity. I would still get regular POTGs (even as Mercy) and good stats, but I refuse to argue with children in a game I play to relax. Of course I'm not going to play competitive mode without a mic, which is why I stuck to FP.

People are the worst.

Queen_Combat has a new favorite as of 05:19 on Jun 6, 2018

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I live in Texas, it's always either too hot or too cold to go outside, with like two weeks where it's tolerable :v: and those are already long past

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I played Ingress completely solo. For me, ot was an excuse to go outside, and the game part was mostly secondary. Spoofers still ruined it, though.

Battle Royale games for me have the same FWP, though, as you do. I don't really like online play with other people unless it's "no voice chat" style. Halo 3 was my last big online game that I kinda enjoyed competition with. I've played maybe 30 hours of Overwatch, but I hit a skill level even in free play where people were getting angry with me for not using a mic, and I disabled voice and text box chat completely to avoid the toxicity. I would still get regular POTGs (even as Mercy) and good stats, but I refuse to argue with children in a game I play to relax. Of course I'm not going to play competitive mode without a mic, which is why I stuck to FP.

People are the worst.

Fortnite Battle Royale has no voice chat outside your team and no chat, so you can play all the solo matches you could ever want to chill out. Also thank you for not getting into competitive without a microphone, those people are infuriating to have on the team.

My FWP of the day is that our office elevators are dead so I have to take stairs to vape.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I'm trying to buy a wireless over-the-ear headphones on Amazon and like every product is listed as both on-the-ear and over-the-ear, sometimes alternating in the title of the product, the description, the questions, the pictures and I don't even know what those words mean anymore.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
It means that aliexpress dropshippers took over amazon and it's basically worthless now

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I have a mini vacation coming up and I want it to start noooooow.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Sentient Data posted:

It means that aliexpress dropshippers took over amazon and it's basically worthless now

I buy my headphones and Bluetooth speakers from dollar stores because I was completely lost shopping for them online.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
I'm getting married four weeks from today. That's not the fwp. The fwp is that my cat decided to wake me up by licking my closed eye this morning and now I'm paranoid about pinkeye or other infections making me take time off work when I'm so close to a long vacation.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Aleph Null posted:

I buy my headphones and Bluetooth speakers from dollar stores because I was completely lost shopping for them online.

I've been using the same pair of $10 earbuds for years and they've been great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003EM8008/

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

DizzyBum posted:

I've been using the same pair of $10 earbuds for years and they've been great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003EM8008/

I have those in Orange but they end up hurting my ears after a few hours. These, however, I can sleep in

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00V9FN1R4/

Judas Horse
Mar 24, 2018

ey im walkin simulator here
I like cooking for my parents but all their pans are like 20 years old so I can't make omelettes when I do :(

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i have a well paying job with flexible hours and nice little perks and benefits but the actual work part is frequently aimless and i’m often bored out of my mind

might not accept another contract extension but then i’d have to job hunt again and bleughhhhhh

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I have those in Orange but they end up hurting my ears after a few hours. These, however, I can sleep in

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00V9FN1R4/

Fair enough. I'm never in a situation where I'd leave buds in for over an hour at a time, but I can't lay on my side with them in.

I wanted a second pair anyway so I might try these!

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I don't like my apartment all that much for various reasons but my desire to stop loving moving all the drat time overrides my desire to find one I'd like more.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I cross trained at another hospital and now I'm picking up almost ten shifts a week, but the other hospital is a lot more annoying to get to by bus. Also god drat I'm exhausted but still broke since I haven't gotten to the ten-shift pay days yet :shepface:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I got called in to work early for an emergency.

Get to the office and the "emergency" was that someone wanted to go home early to jumpstart their weekend and wanted me to cover.

Someone is about to get fired.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Inzombiac posted:

Get to the office and the "emergency" was that someone wanted to go home early to jumpstart their weekend and wanted me to cover.

:murder:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Inzombiac posted:

And by fired you clearly mean fired out of a cannon in to the sun.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
Call them in over the weekend for an emergency, then fire them.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I had the mother of all nosebleeds today. I get some rather unpleasant ones occasionally, especially when it's dry, but holy poo poo this one was bad. Normally when I get a bad one it'll go for a half hour, maybe 45 minutes, and I'll wreck most of a roll of toilet paper in the process. Not a huge deal, really; just inconvenient.

Today it bled for an hour and a half and I mean bled. It was like I sprang a leak. I could barely switch one paper towel for another before it'd start dripping and running all over everything. My hands and my face seriously looked like I just murdered something. Originally I was like "well, gently caress...this doesn't want to stop and it's soaking through every wad of absorbent material I put on my face instantly. I should take this to the urgent care." While walking to my car this horrifying red glob of I don't even know what the gently caress fell out of my nose and it just started bleeding even more.

I started feeling light headed and all the blood had me concerned so I called 911. I felt kind of like a dingus for that but I was seriously bleeding very, very badly. I didn't even bleed this much when I cut my thumb to the bone and my nose just wouldn't loving stop. They sent an ambulance and my nose finally quit pretty much right when they got to me. They did a bit of poking and prodding and were like "yeah, I can see why you were concerned." Since it quit I didn't go to the hospital but I asked about the blob and they were like "yeah, that's a blood clot. Nothing serious. We'll take you to the hospital if you want but if it quit bleeding they can't really do much for you." My color and pulse were fine so they advised not heading to the hospital.

I feel like a butt for taking their time. That's the firstworldiest of problems, I think. Still, the ambulance crew was real nice about it and were like "we totally get why you were worried. That does look pretty bad but anything involving a head is probably worse than it looks. If it finally quit you're fine so get yourself cleaned up. If it starts again that bad though that can be a bad sign so call us again."

edit: I'm bleeding again. Bleh.

ToxicSlurpee has a new favorite as of 03:47 on Jun 9, 2018

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My hand cramped up while assembling a cheap little table/lamp combo deal. It would've been easier had I gotten my partner to hold one piece centered while I tightened it to the centerpiece underneath, but I didn't want to wake her up.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I had the mother of all nosebleeds today. I get some rather unpleasant ones occasionally, especially when it's dry, but holy poo poo this one was bad. Normally when I get a bad one it'll go for a half hour, maybe 45 minutes, and I'll wreck most of a roll of toilet paper in the process. Not a huge deal, really; just inconvenient.

Today it bled for an hour and a half and I mean bled. It was like I sprang a leak. I could barely switch one paper towel for another before it'd start dripping and running all over everything. My hands and my face seriously looked like I just murdered something. Originally I was like "well, gently caress...this doesn't want to stop and it's soaking through every wad of absorbent material I put on my face instantly. I should take this to the urgent care." While walking to my car this horrifying red glob of I don't even know what the gently caress fell out of my nose and it just started bleeding even more.

I started feeling light headed and all the blood had me concerned so I called 911. I felt kind of like a dingus for that but I was seriously bleeding very, very badly. I didn't even bleed this much when I cut my thumb to the bone and my nose just wouldn't loving stop. They sent an ambulance and my nose finally quit pretty much right when they got to me. They did a bit of poking and prodding and were like "yeah, I can see why you were concerned." Since it quit I didn't go to the hospital but I asked about the blob and they were like "yeah, that's a blood clot. Nothing serious. We'll take you to the hospital if you want but if it quit bleeding they can't really do much for you." My color and pulse were fine so they advised not heading to the hospital.

I feel like a butt for taking their time. That's the firstworldiest of problems, I think. Still, the ambulance crew was real nice about it and were like "we totally get why you were worried. That does look pretty bad but anything involving a head is probably worse than it looks. If it finally quit you're fine so get yourself cleaned up. If it starts again that bad though that can be a bad sign so call us again."

edit: I'm bleeding again. Bleh.

I used to have terrible nosebleeds too, but got my nose cauterised and since then they aren't nearly as frequent or severe. I had weak veins in the back of my nose or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

I moved to Colorado this past march, and applied for health insurance out of the enrollment period with Cigna

Two months later they called me and told me my policy had been cancelled for over a month because of "some problem with the marketplace" which I had to take up with them.

Called Colorado Healthcare Marketplace, they say nothing is wrong on their end, it's Cigna.

4 loving hours of back and forth later, and I finally get Cigna on a conference call with Colorado Healthcare. They talk it out for another 30 minutes, at which point Cigna says "whoops, I guess we terminated your health insurance for no reason, we'll turn it back on in the next three days, if you don't hear anything assume it's all okay".

So I, hearing nothing, assume it's okay.

A month passes and my autopay didn't happen, so I call Cigna again.

My healthcare is still terminated, they have no notes or record of the final call, and insist it's Colorado Healthcare again. I spend an hour shaking with rage trying to explain what they said to me without flying off the handle at the representative. They finally say they're going to "investigate the issue" and inform me with this lovely, haughty tone that it probably won't conclude in my favor. I'm on day 2 atm.

I haven't had health insurance for 3 months now because of those stupid incompetent dishonest fucks, and life would have been a lot easier if they had just told me they were worthless in the first place so I could have gone with another provider. Now I'm past the point of being able to do special enrollment and every day I have pangs of anxiety that I'm gonna break my leg and bankrupt myself. I'm thinking of just giving up on Cigna and getting a gap plan, which will cost more because I was granted a generous tax credit on my ACA plan, and getting one that isn't an outright scam is gonna be a loving hassle.

The bright side is that I'm in good health (as far as I know), and even without insurance my medication costs are around $20 a month. But I sure would like to be able to see a doctor from time to time.