Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Oh poo poo I found it, I’m guessing this dude is Porkchop With One Leg

And the bus is pretty sweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Rad bus.

Needs this driver.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvs1D8dRXXQ

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Is this real life

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

TotalLossBrain posted:

Rad bus.

Needs this driver.

"You're on the wrong bus dude, this is the MAGIC bus".

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

This is perfect. Sometimes the internet truly is a marvelous thing.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What a cute little overpriced camper that's probably misery if you're over 5'8" tall :allears:

https://abbotsford.craigslist.ca/rvd/d/mitsubishi-delica-motorhome/6603582558.html

New New Fresh
May 26, 2013

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/cornwall-on/1991-honda-civic/1360849100?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

lol

Faded Mars
Jul 1, 2004

It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga.

If that is actually a '91 then it does require etesting. In Ontario only cars made before '88 are exempt. Hope any buyer is smarter than the seller here.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
There used to be a rolling 20 year exemption but that stopped in like 2004. All EFs would be subjected to e-testing. Northern Ontario does not require them.

Also that is some vintage rice. I wonder how long his licence was suspended.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I apologize for asking this, but since I'm not a Honda guy what makes the EF such a special unicorn?

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
The only thing worth of note was the introduction of the SiR*, the first b16 and first vtec. The next gen had that of course, but was a rounder design as opposed the ef square=ish design that some people prefer.
*si = sports, fuel injected, and R for the first 'type R'

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jun 7, 2018

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Fo3 posted:

the SiR, the first b16 and first vtec.

these would be about the only things that would pop out at me regarding the EF platform as well, although the suspension setup on the EF was pretty drat good for the time period as well.

New New Fresh
May 26, 2013

I just like the way it looks. Not overly boxy, but not as round as the fifth generation civic hatches.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Colostomy Bag posted:

I apologize for asking this, but since I'm not a Honda guy what makes the EF such a special unicorn?

It's a competitive autocross and track car, it looks cool. That's pretty much it. I'd hardly call it a unicorn though.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

I always loved the suspensions on the EF and EGs. They do everything right. Not too stiff or soft, super fun to drive 10/10.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Fo3 posted:

The only thing worth of note was the introduction of the SiR*, the first b16 and first vtec. The next gen had that of course, but was a rounder design as opposed the ef square=ish design that some people prefer.
*si = sports, fuel injected, and R for the first 'type R'

I would say legit IRS more than anything, it handles incredibly well for what it is, and is still popular with racers for that reason.

I remember putting my EF hatch on the lift at my buddie's shop and he was astonished by the rear suspension, and this was a guy that raced and built spec Miatas.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I have had several EF hatches and have loved them all. Mechanically simple momentum cars with reasonable comfort for daily driving. I had an 89 DX 5-speed that my mom bought brand new as my first car, a 90 base with the 4-speed manual that had loads of suspension and tire upgrades but stock power, and an 89 Si which was all stock. The Si was the best of the bunch because it had a nice bump in power, and the seats were more supportive. I paid $550 for it and sold it like 9 months later for five times that (back in 2002). It was in such nice condition that today it’d be like a $5,000 car.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Imperador do Brasil posted:

I have had several EF hatches and have loved them all. Mechanically simple momentum cars with reasonable comfort for daily driving. I had an 89 DX 5-speed that my mom bought brand new as my first car, a 90 base with the 4-speed manual that had loads of suspension and tire upgrades but stock power, and an 89 Si which was all stock. The Si was the best of the bunch because it had a nice bump in power, and the seats were more supportive. I paid $550 for it and sold it like 9 months later for five times that (back in 2002). It was in such nice condition that today it’d be like a $5,000 car.

I have it's mutant cousin, the DA Integra. They are nice.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Frond posted:

I have it's mutant cousin, the DA Integra. They are nice.

That was the first car I ever bought with my own money and I still miss it.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
hell integras were my start at being a honda dude. love those cars.

DICTATOR OF FUNK
Nov 6, 2007

aaaaaw yeeeeeah
https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/rare-1977-oldsmobile-vista/6610088983.html

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

You could... cruise the vistas!

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

My '71 Nova had a Powerglide. It shifted into second at 70 mphat WOT, with the 307 screaming within an inch of its life. It's totally daily-drivable, especially with an engine that can spin to over 4k rpm (the 307, frankensteined from a 327 block and a smaller engine's crank, was said to start throwing bits out the sides at 3500).

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Imperador do Brasil posted:

That was the first car I ever bought with my own money and I still miss it.

Same. Mine was a Japanese import sedan with the B16a and although it really wasn't enough engine if you had a passenger or two it was certainly a load of fun.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Speaking of cruisers

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/cto/d/1986-oldsmobile-custom/6611132728.html

Called the dude, hopefully gonna get a call back today, don't think I'll offer more than $2k for it though.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Slim Pickens posted:

What a cute little overpriced camper that's probably misery if you're over 5'8" tall :allears:

https://abbotsford.craigslist.ca/rvd/d/mitsubishi-delica-motorhome/6603582558.html

Overpriced is putting it very gently.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

scuz posted:

Speaking of cruisers

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/cto/d/1986-oldsmobile-custom/6611132728.html

Called the dude, hopefully gonna get a call back today, don't think I'll offer more than $2k for it though.

gently caress yeah, reminds me of my parent's wagon in the 80s/90s. Caprice classic, grey with woodgrain, rear facing seat. Piling fuckin 15 people in the thing, throwing eggs out the rear window, dual hinge tail gate, donuts, bumper hitching, hotboxing etc..... Theirs had a 305 and 700r4, ran like a fuckin top even after the odometer turned over 5 times. I had the sad duty of driving it to the junkyard when they finally got rid of it.

Also, my friend's parents in highschool had an 89 custom cruiser. They put a 455 and TH300 in it.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
my craigslist searches for "track car" arent going so well

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/d/1990-mazda-miata/6601987473.html

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
It took me a second to notice the tires, lol.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
I think "engine has loud noise" is my new favorite line from lovely craigslist ads. It's a slightly more subtle "ran when parked".

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

i'm trying to figure out where he got the idea that it was worth 2 grand

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

wesleywillis posted:

gently caress yeah, reminds me of my parent's wagon in the 80s/90s. Caprice classic, grey with woodgrain, rear facing seat. Piling fuckin 15 people in the thing, throwing eggs out the rear window, dual hinge tail gate, donuts, bumper hitching, hotboxing etc..... Theirs had a 305 and 700r4, ran like a fuckin top even after the odometer turned over 5 times. I had the sad duty of driving it to the junkyard when they finally got rid of it.

Also, my friend's parents in highschool had an 89 custom cruiser. They put a 455 and TH300 in it.
EVERYONE that's seen my target vehicle has said something similar haha! This would be my second Olds of that era with the 305 and "live slow, die whenever" is definitely the name of the game.

Now if only that motherfucker would call me back :argh:

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

dissss posted:

Same. Mine was a Japanese import sedan with the B16a and although it really wasn't enough engine if you had a passenger or two it was certainly a load of fun.

Here it was bizarrely marketed as a luxury car, when in reality it was far from that (also the overseas versions had more luxury options like climate control).

Also, the emperor of Japan uses a 1991 Integra sedan as a personal car on the grounds of the castle still.

Frond fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jun 12, 2018

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I wonder what would be some good used Lexus models to lookout for if you want a somewhat fast car? I can't recall their "performance" models of the last decade. IS-F?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Octopus Magic posted:

i'm trying to figure out where he got the idea that it was worth 2 grand

:catdrugs:

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Coredump posted:

I wonder what would be some good used Lexus models to lookout for if you want a somewhat fast car? I can't recall their "performance" models of the last decade. IS-F?

Yeah the ISF is pretty good and underrated.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Frond posted:

Also, the emperor of Japan uses a 1991 Integra sedan as a personal car on the grounds of the castle still.

Had to look this up.

http://acuraconnected.com/2016/01/10/japanese-emperor-renews-drivers-license-to-drive-a-1991-integra/

Fuckin owns.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
T-top Cutty...sooooo tempting

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1791265100967110

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
I'm sure someone wouldn't mind the decal but, I don't know who that is.

https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/ctd/d/2008-subaru-impreza-wrx-sti/6616061360.html

Oh and there's the sticker inside...