Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

One of the actual Humble Bundles this week includes Shadow Tactics for $12. I haven't played it but a bunch of other imps say it's really good.

It's awesome. If you have Twitch Prime it was free a few weeks/one or two months ago.

Has anyone picked up Vampyr?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

extremebuff posted:

never gets old

you look like you could use some sanctuary from the salt.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

trying to jack off posted:

i trust that man with my life

He's awesome and the best part is that if you didn't read the stealth games thread..... u would never know he existed :ninja:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

i trust that man with my life

:hai:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Mekchu posted:

I’ve been resisting it because my backlog is at unprecedented levels right now but I love vampire stuff and am very stupid and bad with money so I’m probably going to cave and buy it this weekend.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I’ve been resisting it because my backlog is at unprecedented levels right now but I love vampire stuff and am very stupid and bad with money so I’m probably going to cave and buy it this weekend.

I played the first two or so hours. Its pretty neat and it continues to show DONTNOD really have good story writers on hand. The cool thing I found out after a bit is that the combat shifts depending on your choices. If you eat and kill people, you're more powerful as a vampire and combat is a bit easier. If you spare people and don't suck them off you make your game a bit harder in terms of combat.

So that's kinda cool.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Mekchu posted:

It's awesome. If you have Twitch Prime it was free a few weeks/one or two months ago.

I want to support DONTNOD and the game almost comes off like a less insane version of Pathologic which is pretty cool, but the combat looks really really bad so I'm gonna wait for some more impressions

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://store.steampowered.com/app/823130/Totally_Accurate_Battlegrounds/

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Larry Parrish posted:

Lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goferchan posted:

I want to support DONTNOD and the game almost comes off like a less insane version of Pathologic which is pretty cool, but the combat looks really really bad so I'm gonna wait for some more impressions

Yeah the combat isn't that much to talk about in my opinion.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this era of gaming is awesome

mysterious loyall X posted:

i remember soem guy playing it trying to like get killed by a horse to clip thru half the map or something which is cool but what was cooler is he kept failing and getting more and more flustered and saying stuff like this has never happened before

lmao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Vampyr looks good. I like DONTNODs games and I want more of them.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
salt and sanctuary looking wretched also hurts gameplay because it has a million gotcha traps that all blend into the environment. also i found the combat really boring.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

salt and sanctuary looking wretched also hurts gameplay because it has a million gotcha traps that all blend into the environment. also i found the combat really boring.

yeah the combat really leaves something to be desired

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
if you're playing dark souls for: a fun world to explore, a novel twist on a fantasy storyline, engaging combat, beautiful environments, interesting encounters then S&S has none of that

if you're playing dark souls because you like the "you died" meme and think a game is good because it's obscure, then S&S is your game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

all of the areas look exactly the same and theres no map or landmarks of any sort so have fun finding your way around

and its not just the traps, enemies blend into the background and in the mid-game they like to just fill a room with 20 different powerful enemies that have all-new gimmicks and have never been introduced before so you just get slaughtered. also there are enemies that give everyone a god mode barrier and they fly around out of range of anything you can attack them with lmao the game is completely disastrous and just gets worse as you muscle through it

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE

Valve says it will allow ‘everything’ on Steam as long as it isn’t illegal or ‘trolling’

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Plutonis posted:

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE

Valve says it will allow ‘everything’ on Steam as long as it isn’t illegal or ‘trolling’

https://store.steampowered.com/app/874100/LGBT_BATTLEGROUNDS/

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

There are several options:
- Play alone with bots

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

BBJoey posted:

There are several options:
- Play alone with bots
That was my favorite part.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

added to my steam list since its free right now, how can i say no to a deal like that?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://fortune.com/2018/06/07/valve-allow-everything-steam-store/

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I don’t think it even matters at this point, the store is way too far gone

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah. Them making that announcement is like 5 years too late.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

“Taking this approach allows us to focus less on trying to police what should be on Steam, and more on building those tools to give people control over what kinds of content they see,”

can’t wait for valve to code an option to hide hentai games, estimating it’ll be added to steam in 2022

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I can’t wait to jack off to the hentai games meself.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I can’t wait to jack off to the hentai games meself.
This. The penis has just been jacked no matter what firmware you're on.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
people are applauding this change holy loving poo poo destroy pc gamers

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
i can only wish for some kind of cosmic catastrophe that evaporates every person using the word "censorship" on-line

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ArfJason posted:

i can only wish for some kind of cosmic catastrophe that evaporates every person using the word "censorship" on-line

i dont really give af if people play hentai vns on steam or not but it really needs to stop recommending them to me because i looked at steins;gate once

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Larry Parrish posted:

i dont really give af if people play hentai vns on steam or not but it really needs to stop recommending them to me because i looked at steins;gate once

I know that feel. I was browsing the nier soundtrack on youtube and now I'm plagued by 24/7 lofi chill streams.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

ArfJason posted:

you fool... you've played yourself

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

My PC took 20 minutes to write a 100 mb game update onto my hard drive and crashed 15 minutes into playing The Witcher 1 so I guess it’s functionally dead at this point. RIP

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
https://twitter.com/WhatsOnSteam/status/1005396408147562496

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
From the creators of Paladins comes, Realm Royale!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/813820/Realm_Royale/

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

My PC took 20 minutes to write a 100 mb game update onto my hard drive and crashed 15 minutes into playing The Witcher 1 so I guess it’s functionally dead at this point. RIP

the world and story are so good in 1 that its worth all the other awful poo poo you have to contend with

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

titan fall 2 is on sale for 5 bucks rn for e3, and bf1 with all dlc for 15.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

the world and story are so good in 1 that its worth all the other awful poo poo you have to contend with

And there's a lot of it! But... top tier game