Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
Stadia didn't outlive SA but it did outlive Lowtax - Happy Birthday Stadia! #ad

Josh Lyman posted:

There are no July 2020 leaps for MU #fakenews :colbert:

Can't tell if that's sarcasm but this is a July 2018 option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Whoever sold him these just collected a bunch of free premium

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
I would feel bad having stepped in front of the AMD train except there’s no possible way it’s a buy at 70 p/e 80 p/e 95 p/e right guys?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

SharkTattoos posted:

I would feel bad having stepped in front of the AMD train except there’s no possible way it’s a buy at 70 p/e 80 p/e 95 p/e right guys?

I think you should be looking at forward P/E given they are ramping revenue.

That said I'm sitting out because I am terrified of stepping back in and getting burned.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Crack posted:

Is it worth buying some weed stocks before tomorrow? I was thinking of buying CGC but maybe it's too late?

There's already been a run up before tomorrow's vote. Maybe it spikes further, but now it seems like more of a test of your long-term faith in Canopy.

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
I bought AMD puts on Monday and it was cool for a day, but I'm pretty long otherwise so it's not a worry.

As for CGC, I have a bunch of shares in OGRMF and SPRWF. I'd buy more SPRWF maybe if I was looking to be more weed heavy, but I think enough slack has been picked up that it would not be worth the possible downside to buy in now.

Crack
Apr 10, 2009
I still want a long term play as the world seems to be moving in a similar direction to Canada, but yeah the timing is probably not the best now. "Buy the rumor, sell the news" and so on.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
2/4 on SPY scalps for a +8.2% day on the account. :hai:

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Amd $16 June 15th.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

I’m watching SBS, FSLR, and TERP for entry points.

SBS is dropping because of a forecasted drought in São Paulo.
FSLR is dropping because of a change in subsidies by China.
TERP isn’t doing anything right now, but since it’s tied to solar I feel like it’ll get some negative pressure due to the China thing.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
CSIQ seems like it might be a better buy than FSLR at these prices, although I haven't dove into it like I was doing previously. It's trading at a decent chunk below book value, and a very attractive EV/EBITDA if you assume they will sell the power plants they're holding on the balance sheet.

CEO also made a loose offer to buy it a few months ago for 18.50 a share. The trend for Chinese solar seems to be a go private strategy, because both the valuations seem depressed and the Chinese govt appears to be giving some sort of incentive to Chinese private companies (I don't completely understand the latter).

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Got wrecked holding tslA pits overnight.

Long adm at 44

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006

dougdrums posted:

I bought AMD puts on Monday and it was cool for a day, but I'm pretty long otherwise so it's not a worry.

AMD is insane overbought right now - RSI is +80

Also bought some 14 7/20 on Monday, might have to double down here.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
I made the mistake of looking at what SPY did for the rest of the day after I got out.

I'm usually pretty good about being happy with what I got, no one ever went broke taking profits, etc., but goddamn. I easily could have doubled my account today by just waiting longer to sell.

proctorbot
Jan 27, 2005
BUT CAN IT FEEL??!?!
YY calls... :qq:

Some sucker actually bought them off me for 5 cents... 128 strike expiring Friday, when it was at 110 and dropping.

5 more bucks than would've had.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Had a good day today, increased my portfolio by 33% off these:

BAC $29 8/17 calls: in @ 1.25, out @ 1.72 (bought these last week)
SPY $276 6/8 calls: in @ .64, out @ 1.02 (held just under 2 hours)

Still holding BRK.B $200 7/20 calls, up about 15%

I bought more AMD puts today, 7/20 $14 and $15. THIS HAS TO FALL.

hostile apostle posted:

AMD is insane overbought right now - RSI is +80

Also bought some 14 7/20 on Monday, might have to double down here.

I did. I also doubled down on 5/18 $11 puts that expired worthless, so...

Pivotal Lever fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jun 7, 2018

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Sexual Lorax posted:

2/4 on SPY scalps for a +8.2% day on the account. :hai:

If you feel like sharing can you post some more details about these trades, basically how they work and what you're looking for when you do them?

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006
Semi equipment manufacturers like AMAT and LRCX getting hit because Evercore says memory push outs likely to weigh on near term shippments, BUY MU I don't know how it's not up more on this.

Goldman also put out a bullish note
https://www.thestreet.com/technology/goldman-sees-micron-beating-earnings-expectations-stock-rises-premarket-14614726

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Pryor on Fire posted:

If you feel like sharing can you post some more details about these trades, basically how they work and what you're looking for when you do them?

I pick an at the money strike, pick call or put, and let it rip. You can calculate effective leverage by doing this: (share price * delta)/option cost. The 276 calls I did yesterday were 2 days to expiration, .48 delta and cost was .64, so 200x effective leverage when opening. This is insanely risky and I’ve lost 60-80% a couple times, so push out the expiration to decrease leverage, or buy in-the-money options.

Theta is very high on close to expiring options so it has to move, and it has to do it quickly. Be careful.

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)

Pivotal Lever posted:

I bought more AMD puts today, 7/20 $14 and $15. THIS HAS TO FALL.

I did. I also doubled down on 5/18 $11 puts that expired worthless, so...

It looks like $16 was the magic number!

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

dougdrums posted:

It looks like $16 was the magic number!

:getin:

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006
I trippled down yesterday on the AMD puts, upped by meager 5 contracts to 15, so far so good - we'll see where this ride goes. Fib retracement has 14.25 area as the first area we might get some support, followed by 13.35.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
AMD please dip, I want to buy into calls bigly

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Bought into today’s LRCX dip.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Pryor on Fire posted:

There's no system beyond trying my best to get out of losers quickly and making sure that the positions I open are small enough that even if I blink and they somehow drop to zero, my account lives on. I almost never hold anything overnight anymore. It's just gut, guided by the magic numbers provided fresh every day by https://www.reddit.com/r/thewallstreet/ :

The only column I care about is the first one, /ES, which is S&P 500 futures. If you already know that SPY is just SPX/10 and minus some tax benefits, pretend I'm not writing this paragraph. /ES is scaled the same as SPX but easy enough to translate. The 0 line of 2772.25 for SPX just means 277.225 for SPY.

For entries, if SPY's on the move and close to the 0, +/-0.5, +/-1, etc., I'll wait to see if it pushes through, stalls, or bounces. Also for entries, I don't fight the direction of the move out of the chop--if something's headed down, I don't try to catch the knife with Calls, even if it stalls out sideways. The best I can describe it is trying to get into larger moves after I've confirmed that it's actually moving. Sometimes, that move is just a wider range of chop, and I'll grab something just as it bounces the wrong way. This sucks, but if you're quick enough on the draw and aren't betting the entire goddamned farm, your loss should be small.

For exits, I'll usually jump out just before SPY reaches one of those std dev lines to avoid it reversing on me. For the most part, I only avoid making more profit this way, but it seems like enough trading algorithms out there care about these same lines to warrant caution around them. The whole "smol bite" thing is just ghetto risk management. I'm trying for a range of -5% to +10% gain/loss per trade instead of -100% to +moon%. Take today, for example. I went 3/5 on 0-day SPY scalps for +3.7% on the account. If I'd held my last Put, it would have gone in the money, and I would have made a lot more than I did...but I also didn't go negative on it, which is pretty much all I care about.

A note on theta: 0-days drop in value so quickly that the underlying really has to move in order to overcome the time decay. If you're holding something that's already gained you a few percent and it looks to be stalling out sideways, just get the gently caress out of it earlier rather than later, before theta eats your lucky guess. Maybe it will take off, and you'll feel like a jackass for getting twitchy and pulling the eject handles before you had to. Take yesterday--I made about 8%. That could have been about 120% if I'd only held longer. It also could have turned into -30%, so I have to be happy about my locked in profit and move on.

I catch myself wishing for a trading interface that translates every price displayed into a live percent of my account value. I try really hard to think in terms of account percent to avoid the psychological side of "this is a lot of money for me". If my luck continues, which I know full well it probably won't, my smol bites are going to start getting into sizes that are big enough to gently caress with my head. I already know that the first time I put more than $1000 down on a single trade is going to be weird. Here's hoping that it's not so weird that it breaks whatever's been working for me so far.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
0/0 on SPY scalps on the day for +0.0% on the account. :)

I missed the 12:15 EDT move, and everything else has been sideways chop, so I'm happy to say I didn't lose a cent today.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Also 0/0 on SPY trades today, see you guys on Monday for the next update

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Arkane posted:

Also 0/0 on SPY trades today, see you guys on Monday for the next update

you miss 100% of the trades you don't take

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
Anyone fall for the AMD bear trap?

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006

Harry posted:

Anyone fall for the AMD bear trap?

You mean did any bears pussy out on the bull trap? We ain't trading weeklies here. Max pain for next week is 11, for 7/20 is 13.

hostile apostle fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jun 8, 2018

Dwight Eisenhower
Jan 24, 2006

Indeed, I think that people want peace so much that one of these days governments had better get out of the way and let them have it.
In some August UPS puts at 100.

Now I really hope the IBT strikes!

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
Andrew Left pumping Fitbit today, my lordy

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Yeah, who knows. He’s a lot better at pointing out bullshit companies than undervalued ones. A weird play.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Yeah he sure nailed Shopify. Glad I stuck in when he was spouting BS at at 100.

fougera
Apr 5, 2009

Agronox posted:

Yeah, who knows. He’s a lot better at pointing out bullshit companies than undervalued ones. A weird play.

That’s a lovely report, even by citron standards. The best part is the last sentence, saying the ceo has not sold shares. He literally sold 500k shares three weeks ago.

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
For anyone tracking HMNY, here's some pretty hilarious dilution statistics.

total outstanding shares

Nov 13, 2017- 11,125,442 (not a typo) $12.33/sh market cap: ~137mil
May 11th, 2018- 82,655,182 $0.65/sh market cap: ~$53mil
May 30th, 2018 - 153,927,839 $0.46/sh market cap: ~70mil

May 30th is the most recent filing with a share count, it is probably significantly more diluted by now. As of May 30th, they still had over 200mil shares authorized to issue. Still holding and waiting on a nonsensical bizarro world short squeeze if/when they pause diluting

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Now you can wait for a cool reverse split as well. Call it the DRYS whipsaw; it’s a lot of fun and that stock after dilution and splits once traded at a split-adjusted several million dollars per share back in the day. :D

Jack Daniels
Nov 14, 2002

lol the junk shippers take the cake. DRYS is the goddman champ. 3 year high @ 8.9MM / share. 5-year high up there @ $ 55,000,000 / share lmfao :awesomelon:

Jack Daniels
Nov 14, 2002

sitll listed on Nasdaq haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Garfu posted:

Yeah he sure nailed Shopify. Glad I stuck in when he was spouting BS at at 100.

Was awesome. Finally picked some up at $95