Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

gently caress's sake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I'm glad he's Canada's problem.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

Seldom Posts posted:

Ugh, thanks to 8th and this thread, I jumped into 40k along with the oldhammer and deadzone/warpath I already play.

Bought a bunch of secondhand ad mech and just pre-ordered renegade. My wallet hates me.

Just tried painting my first 40k dude though and I love the model.

This is a cool model and a good scheme. Nice work. A caravan of skitarri backing up a Knight is cool and good and fluffy.

Badablack
Apr 17, 2018
FYI, the eBay coupon works on the total amount from a single purchase. So you can get several things from a seller and they all count. Picked up 3 boxes of van Saar gangers for 80 bucks.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Artum posted:

So basically all of the knights codex leaked in grainy eye-strain-o-vision.

Starting the battle off with a valiant in a forgeshrine and taking that 18 shot conflagration cannon up the field seems like a fun move.

I think this could be fun for 1000 points:

Super-Heavy Detachment
House: Raven

Knight Preceptor (385)
- Las-impulsor (0)
- Thunderstrike Guantlet (35)
- Heavy Stubber (4)
- Stormspear Rocket Pod (45)
- Warlord: Landstrider
- Relic: The Helm Dominatus

3x Armiger Helvarin (170)
- Heavy Stubber (4)

Everyone stays together for the stacked bonuses. The big boy moves 12"+d6" and the Armigers move 14"+d6", which results in a pretty nasty threat range.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
20% discount was good. Grabbed some Flamers of Tzeentch to help round out my daemons and a Gaunt Summoner on Disc to use for bits on my marines.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Milotic posted:

This is a cool model and a good scheme. Nice work. A caravan of skitarri backing up a Knight is cool and good and fluffy.

Thank you! Can't wait to paint some more.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Knight Preceptor (385)

Everyone stays together for the stacked bonuses. The big boy moves 12"+d6" and the Armigers move 14"+d6", which results in a pretty nasty threat range.

Where are the Preceptor stats/bonus thing from? I didn't see them in that leak link, but my eyes are bad.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Seldom Posts posted:

Thank you! Can't wait to paint some more.

Where are the Preceptor stats/bonus thing from? I didn't see them in that leak link, but my eyes are bad.

Armigers within 6" re-roll 1s to hit.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
Speaking of human meat, how about some phucboi action?

These were a little slow going because I had massive unemployment related activities (actually ended up being offered a job so yay?) and my cat dying the past two weeks. We had to put her to rest last night because she just couldn't breathe and cancer hit her already compromised immune system. :rip: spagcatte!

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

raverrn posted:

Armigers within 6" re-roll 1s to hit.

Oh nice thanks. And I take it the Preceptor is new "standard" knight like Warden/Paladin, not a Dominus class? Do we know it's loadout?

edit: uh durr, I guess that whats Beergod posted.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Major Spag posted:

These were a little slow going because I had massive unemployment related activities (actually ended up being offered a job so yay?) and my cat dying the past two weeks. We had to put her to rest last night because she just couldn't breathe and cancer hit her already compromised immune system. :rip: spagcatte!

Well, as difficult as it sounds like life has been at least your Blood Angels look great. I particularly like that Tac marine in the second picture with the Sanguinary Guard legs who looks like he's hopping backwards but they're all great.

Hopefully things are looking up at least if you have that job offer but it sounds like a really miserable time.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
re: eBay sale, I went with another Corvus Blackstar and an airbrush, along with a few right arm weapon housings for my planned Inferno Cannon conversion on the Chaplain Dreadnought that's on its way.

My local store is having a Vanguard battle day at the end of the month, 2v2, 1000k per person, vanguard detachments only, ally rules in place, so basically Nids can only hang with each other haha

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
Thanks. Since they were flamer armed, I tried to put in as many walking/action poses as possible to give them some movement. My only regret is that I don't have many more running legs left aside from Sanguinary guard bits which can get a bit repetitive.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Seldom Posts posted:

Oh nice thanks. And I take it the Preceptor is new "standard" knight like Warden/Paladin, not a Dominus class? Do we know it's loadout?
It's a Warden but with a laser gizmo. Same kind as the freeblade Canis Rex they've shown off.

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Groetgaffel posted:

It's a Warden but with a laser gizmo. Same kind as the freeblade Canis Rex they've shown off.

Thanks!

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Major Spag posted:

I'm very sorry about your cat friend passing. But your models look really good!

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Whats this ebay coupon thing?

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

SRM posted:

gently caress's sake

The worst part is the 138 comments just excusing this bullshit.

TheBigAristotle posted:

re: eBay sale, I went with another Corvus Blackstar and an airbrush, along with a few right arm weapon housings for my planned Inferno Cannon conversion on the Chaplain Dreadnought that's on its way.

My local store is having a Vanguard battle day at the end of the month, 2v2, 1000k per person, vanguard detachments only, ally rules in place, so basically Nids can only hang with each other haha

Good choice!

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

:chloe:

Also why do people not understand that you can make any ‘art’ you want but that doesn’t mean that other people are obligated to host your content. He could just become admin of the cool and good Definitely Not Rape Fantasies group and be free as a bird.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

For_Great_Justice posted:

Whats this ebay coupon thing?

Use PICKDADSGIFT for 20% off your entire shopping cart. I bought from 3 sources and got the discount on the whole lot. One-time use, $50 minimum, $100 max savings.

It's right on their front page too.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Here's my favorite bit:

quote:

I'm not against having more women per se, I just think it's a bit silly to assume they are interested in it. There is nothing stopping them from getting involved now. And trying to change the game itself to make it more palatable for them will not really make that much of a difference, and destroy the core of what makes the hobby great. Women like cosplay, painting models and the like. Expecting them to actually get involved in the lore and gaming itself shows a lack of understanding of women.
Yeah, because your "understanding of women" is so unimpeachable. Moron. And as for there being nothing stopping them from getting involved now, how about the :chloe: level of discomfort caused by showing up at an event just wanting to play a game and being across the table from Manhammer level objectification bullshit. Offputting? Yeah, I'd say so.

The utter lack of self-awareness these idiots display is staggering.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Major Spag posted:

Sorry about your cat, duder. If you want me to send cat pics or whatever to cheer you up just say the word. Here's mine helping me work on touching up my Realm of Battle board:

Your BAngels are dope though man. Love seeing them pop up in the thread/inbox.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Shadin posted:

Also why do people not understand that you can make any ‘art’ you want but that doesn’t mean that other people are obligated to host your content. He could just become admin of the cool and good Definitely Not Rape Fantasies group and be free as a bird.

We have it all wrong. He's making fun of machismo and the women folk approve his effort. He's the one who understands what women really want:

quote:

I’d like to send out a huge thanks to all of the support, comments and all of the DMs... especially those coming from ACTUAL females who understood the joke...
Women seem to understand exactly what this project is: a satirical interpretation of overwhelming ridiculous machismo and that The Manhammer isn’t much more than a buffoonish parody of the Primarchs themselves - meatheads with a big weapon and an even bigger hat.

Also what's with these morons calling a model depicting women in restraints, with their clothes pulled off, posed in a manner suggesting forced sex a "rape fantasy"?

quote:

You wanna see just how ridiculous the online wargaming community can be? Scroll right in the carousel above to see the official stance of a “40K Converters” FB group admin who accused Manhammer of being a “rape fantasy.” Yeeeeeeaaah... that’s just about a perfect example of the true face behind the false mask of the so-called “Internet White Knights” ... and I’m the bad guy.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Seldom Posts posted:

edit: uh durr, I guess that whats Beergod posted.

It has a las-impulsor, chainsword or gauntlet, a heavy stubber, multi-laser, melta, and can be given carapace weapons. So basically a Knight that's designed to have others around it.

I wonder if Warglaives wouldn't be a better choice given the ranges, single targets, and reduced number of shots encouraging a greater emphasis on hitting.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Corrode posted:

Delight in his posts on the subject:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjrLV1SHsTE/?taken-by=segstudio
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi3lBiEHajT/?taken-by=segstudio

Yeah you only get that stuff in Superheavy detachments, not Superheavy Aux. It's a little annoying.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

SRM posted:

gently caress's sake

He's a truly incredible dipshit.

Battle Report time!

Yesterday I played Catachan Alex, a chap from our local group with a Guard army of which you may be able to guess the theme. We were playing a league game which uses the same rules as our local tournament - 1500pts, no named characters, Maelstrom missions.

I was running a fairly standard Drukhari list - Flayed Skull Battalion 2x Archons, 5x 5 Kabalites, 4x Venoms, Black Heart Spearhead 1x Archon (WL), 3x Ravagers (dissies), 1x Raider (dissie), Red Grief Outrider, Succubus, 3x 3 Reavers. He had a fairly solid Guard list - 2x Company Commanders with Grand Strat/Kurov's, Tank Commander Punisher, 3x Infantry, 2x Hellhounds, 3x Sentinels with HFs, 3x Russes with battle cannons/HB, 2x Manticores.

We had Dawn of War deployment and the Tactical Gambit mission. I set up the objectives far back in one DZ knowing that I would choose and would be able to force him to move, and for some reason he set his up lined up outside his DZ. Despite having the +1 to go first I lost the roll-off and failed to seize, which means I've gone 2nd in about 2/3rds of my games with DE despite setting up first in almost all of them. So it goes.

He deployed very wide, with Manticores separated in each corner and Hellhounds in front of them, two Russes in the middle screened by infantry, another Russ to the left of them (from my pov), and the Punisher Commander nearby. The Sentinels were evenly spread across his front and he Scouted them forwards. Most of my stuff was piled in the middle with the jetbikes wide to try and rush the Manticores, and the Ravagers in Deep Strike. Characters + the spare Kabalites were in the Raider. I completely failed to take pictures early on, woops.

He gambled 2pts for his gambit and pulled absolutely horrible cards - he had to kill something controlling an objective, and then kill something in the Fight Phase, Hold the Line (unscoreable lol) and Domination. Most of my army was piled onto objectives but the rest were unachievable, which sucked for him. His Sentis pushed forwards as did the Hellhounds. The one on my right flank was millimetres out of range of my Reavers, but the other one on the left shot at them and killed one. The Punisher then lashed off another squad of them, and the rest of his army killed a Venom and wounded another. Making the first battlecannon to shoot a Venom hit on 6s was pretty funny. He scored First Blood and the objective thing.

My turn 1 I gambled 1 and pulled Defend 4 (which my whole army was on top of), No Prisoners, and some truly rubbish Drukhari objectives - kill something wholly in terrain (nothing was) and a really mad one I don't understand. Your opponent nominates a Character and an objective, then I get a VP if I've killed it/held it respectively. How does that even work? Every opponent with a brain will just do what he did and nominate an objective miles away and a Character I'm nowhere near. Baffling.

I pushed forwards into the centre and on both flanks:

And dropped the Ravagers down on my right flank, with the Warlord hanging out to buff them. The Kabalites who had been knocked out of their Venom hung back to cap objective 4 for me, and I got to use my first little bit of Drukhari chicanery - pushing them forwards to drop a blaster into a Sentinel, and then Fire and Fadeing out of flamer range of either Hellhound. My first turn's shooting was loving nuts. I killed the centre Sentinel, the central Russes, put wounds on the tank commander, and lashed off some infantry with splinter cannons. I think every single blaster hit and wounded. It was great. I followed up by charging his Manticores - the one on my left flank got lucky and killed the lone Reaver with a missile, then he dropped Defensive Gunners against the two-man squad on my right and from 9 shots got zero hits. They flew in and tied it up, managing to stop it from being able to fall back:

Those dudes were also T5 thanks to their combat drugs roll, which was dead handy. They poked a couple of wounds off the Manticore, but really their job was done simply by standing next to it.

I achieved No Prisoners for 3pts and then got 2pts from taking his gambit to put me 5-2 ahead.

On his turn 2 he wisely only gambled 1pt. He still had some rubbish objectives, but he did pull Secure 5 which was directly in front of his deployment zone. I was keeping him off Hold the Line with my two jetbikes, he still had Blood and Guts, and Defend 1 which one of his Sentinels could go and start doing. He piled the Hellhounds forwards and the remaining Sentinel, and a few dudes who survived in his infantry squad on my right flank ran to try and hit the Reavers in combat. The central squad pushed into the centre to get into range of objective 5.

He made some pretty poor decisions in this turn which I think cost him the game. He lashed the tank commander into a Venom and didn't kill it (I was quite spawny with the saves and he got unlucky with some of the wounds), then a battle cannon shot the Raider and with Lightning Fast Reactions was hitting it on 5s and didn't really do anything. Only then did he start with the heavy flamer Sentinel (which got 6 hits and was unfortunate not to kill my 2W Venom) and then the Hellhound fired into the Raider and after an incredible round of saves took it down to 5W. He should really have done it the other way around, beginning with the auto-hitting stuff. Also he focused on the wrong Venom, because when he finally did kill it TRAP SPRUNG:

Kabalites on his objective. The remainder of his shooting switched to focusing on them - rightly, but wouldn't have been a problem if he'd killed the back Venom or the Raider instead. He eventually got them down to 1 dude after putting a loving Manticore into them, but that was enough to lose him the objective so he was forced to charge. No kills one either side, but at least he got Secure 5. On my right his 3 dudes charged my jetbikes and I think killed 1, and then the bike did gently caress all back at them.

He got his gambit this time plus the point for Secure 5 to put him on 4, and discarded Blood and Guts finally.

My turn 2 ended up being hilarious. I gambled 1 because I'm a pussy, and then pulled Secure 5, Secure 4, and Secure 1, along with still having the "kill a unit in terrain" objective. He had 5 Guardsmen in a crater, Secure 4 was in my DZ with Kabalites hanging out, 5 was the crater objective, and 1 was a short Venom hop away and I needed to go there anyway to kill a Sentinel. The other Venom was able to skim over into his backfield to aim a pair of splinter cannons at his Warlord.

Brave Kabalites hang out on objective 4

Ravagers push up

My shooting was not as good this turn as last. I nailed his Warlord with the one Venom, and put a few wounds on each Hellhound, but otherwise it was all a bit meh - I'd clearly used up the blasters, and two Ravagers did very little to a Hellhound. The third one absolutely nailed the Sentinel defending objective 1 though. On the plus side, Blender Succubus got to come out and play:

A tidy 3" disembark + 8" move + 4" advance took her across the board and into charge range of some Guardsmen who were standing perilously close to his tank commander Russ. A short charge later and she was in and locking up the Punisher, and then with the Triptych Whip (which this idiot has only just discovered, in game 19 with Drukhari) she lashed 6 of them off the board. They put a wound back on her but otherwise didn't get anywhere. A Venom went into combat too just to hang out in safety. On the other side of the board, his Manticore killed a bike in combat, and the Arena Champion killed off a Guardsman.

I scored 4 objectives, my gambit and Warlord to go up to 11-4.

At this point he was really struggling. He had one squad of infantry locked in combat, the Punisher which fell back but was functionally useless, one battlecannon Russ, one Manticore with a shot left, one Manticore which had been in combat all game, a wounded Sentinel, and a couple of Hellhounds. I can't remember his objectives, I just know he scored one. He tried to fall back the infantry and my Succubus trapped them; on the other side his remaining two Guardsmen ran away from the jetbike and the Manticore fell back since it had room to manoeuvre now. The Manticore which was able to fire flopped hard with its last rocket. The Hellhounds killed the central Raider, so more Kabalites and the two Archons disembarked. In the Fight phase, my Succubus lashed his remaining Guardsmen off the board, freeing my Venom (and more importantly the guys inside) to shoot next turn since it didn't have to fall back. They advanced on the remaining Russ. He scored 2pts to bring it up to 11-6.

I pulled Advance and some other poo poo I don't remember. The game was pretty much over here. The Succubus went into the one Russ and ignored the Manticore since it was out of guns now. Blasters took the Tank Commander down to 1W and something or other put a wound or two on the Sentinel. I killed both Hellhounds with the Ravagers, which was a lot bloody better than last time. I advanced out of my DZ, and the Reaver in the corner charged the Manticore again and once again dodged the guns to push into combat with him.

The Archons charged the Punisher and the Sentinel. Both of them lost their Shadowfields but passed the FNPs (my FNPs were mental all game, I made so many 6s). In the Fight phase I huskbladed the Russ and the Sentinel to death, scored Advance and the gambit, and at that point with me 13-6 ahead and him out of options to pull it back we called it. Here's the end of game board state just before my Archon killed the Sentinel:

A pretty rough game for him I think. He spent most of the game getting his tanks locked up, and I was very fortunate with a few saves - that's the power of the 5++ and hit modifiers. I was pleased to pull out a win and climb our little shop ladder a bit further. Not as madcap fun as playing Serotonin or as close of a game, but still a nice opponent and a battle of fully painted armies (some of his is super old 2nd ed metal Catachans with a scheme to match, but a lot is more recent and looks pretty nice).

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Corrode posted:

Delight in his posts on the subject:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjrLV1SHsTE/?taken-by=segstudio
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi3lBiEHajT/?taken-by=segstudio

Yeah you only get that stuff in Superheavy detachments, not Superheavy Aux. It's a little annoying.

It WaS sAtIrE tHe WhOlE tIeM!!1

That poo poo excuse makes me want to teach satire as a discreet unit so that my students will never look like such an idiot.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Actually punch these gross fuckers holy poo poo.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

It WaS sAtIrE tHe WhOlE tIeM!!1

That poo poo excuse makes me want to teach satire as a discreet unit so that my students will never look like such an idiot.

These dudes are always so loving dumb, and then they can never even own their lovely views, they have to try and play some intellectual sleight of hand so that actually no, it's you who's dumb, because they were joking didn't you get it? There's like some special switch in their dipshit brains where "it was a joke" is an automatic defence to anything because you can't take jokes seriously, and which completely bypasses the need for satire to be making a point, or for jokes to actually be funny and identifiable as humour.

Like hyper-sexualised satire exists, and it's even good. But it doesn't look like rear end in a top hat there's lovely rapefic diorama.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
Sorry to be that guy, but would appreciate feedback on this proposed 1500 Pt. all Deathwatch list. I'm trying to build a fluffy and fun force I can feasibly paint over the summer and that will perform competently. For 2K, I'd likely initially add a trio of Armigers and then consider building a 2nd batallion of DW or maybe another Imperial splash-in.

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Deathwatch) [80 PL, 1496pts] ++

+ HQ +

Librarian [6 PL, 97pts]: 2) Might of Heroes, 6) Null Zone, Boltgun, Force sword

Watch Master [7 PL, 130pts]: Lord of Hidden Knowledge, Warlord

+ Troops +

Intercessors [17 PL, 310pts]
. Aggressor
. . Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher: Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets, Fragstorm Grenade Launchers
. Aggressor
. . Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher: Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets, Fragstorm Grenade Launchers
. Aggressor
. Inceptor
. . Two Assault Bolters: 2x Assault bolter
. Inceptor
. . Two Assault Bolters: 2x Assault bolter
. Intercessor: Auto Bolt Rifle, Bolt Pistol
. Intercessor Sergeant: Auto Bolt Rifle, Bolt Pistol, Power sword

Veterans [11 PL, 168pts]
. Black Shield: Lightning Claw (Pair)
. Veteran: Boltgun, Chainsword
. Veteran: Boltgun, Storm shield
. Veteran w/ Heavy Weapon: Deathwatch Frag Cannon
. Watch Sergeant: Combi-melta, Xenophase Blade

Veterans [14 PL, 224pts]
. Black Shield: Boltgun, Power sword
. Terminator w/ Heavy Weapon: Assault cannon, Power fist
. Veteran: Boltgun, Storm shield
. Veteran: Boltgun, Power axe
. Veteran w/ Heavy Weapon: Deathwatch Frag Cannon
. Watch Sergeant: Combi-plasma, Power sword

+ Elites +

Venerable Dreadnought [8 PL, 182pts]: Twin lascannon
. Dreadnought combat weapon w/Storm Bolter: Storm bolter

+ Flyer +

Corvus Blackstar [12 PL, 257pts]: Hurricane bolter, Infernum Halo-Launcher, Twin lascannon
. 2x Stormstrike Missile Launchers: 2x Stormstrike missile launcher

+ Dedicated Transport +

Razorback [5 PL, 128pts]: Hunter-killer missile, Storm Bolter, Twin lascannon

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Repost it in a readable format

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It has a las-impulsor, chainsword or gauntlet, a heavy stubber, multi-laser, melta, and can be given carapace weapons. So basically a Knight that's designed to have others around it.

I wonder if Warglaives wouldn't be a better choice given the ranges, single targets, and reduced number of shots encouraging a greater emphasis on hitting.

Yeah, I have a bunch of forgebane AdMech halves, so I have a bunch of warglaives, and it looks like it would be cool to run them together. So with the renegade set I would still need to find or kit bash a las-impulsor and a mulitlaster to build a preceptor?

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I have successfully resisted the Siren's Call of Renegades and Ebays Nefarious 20% off coupon.

I almost fell for it.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Welp, LGS says they would be losing money matching the eBay offer so they won't. With no taxes and free shipping I managed to save $125 with that coupon over buying in store so I don't feel too bad. Picked up a Castellan, an Armiger box, Renegade, and a codex.

Totally not addicted to plastic crack guys. Swear.

Edit:

dexefiend posted:

I have successfully resisted the Siren's Call of Renegades and Ebays Nefarious 20% off coupon.

I almost fell for it.

I'll console myself by saying I was planning to anyway. You still have 6 hours to break down though.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Seldom Posts posted:

Yeah, I have a bunch of forgebane AdMech halves, so I have a bunch of warglaives, and it looks like it would be cool to run them together. So with the renegade set I would still need to find or kit bash a las-impulsor and a mulitlaster to build a preceptor?

Correct. The las-impulsor won't be available until the Preceptor kit comes out.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
how do i CRUSH CAPITALISM and get the ebay coupon to work in the UK

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Seldom Posts posted:

The multi-laser isn't required; Preceptors can also equip heavy stubbers. The 6 points is likely worth the extra strength since so many things are T4/T5, but it's only three shots.

I plan on designing and 3D printing a las-impulsor once I get the Renegade Kit. We'll see.

FromTheShire
Feb 19, 2005

Panzers on Russian soil, Thunder in the east.
One million men at war,
The Soviet wrath unleashed

SRM posted:

Any source on the Manhammer thing? Dan and I are gonna try to dunk on him hard this week and that sounds extremely stupid.

I first saw this amazing specimen a couple days ago when he posted about the response to it on some other FB groups in a group I'm in. Before I even made it to the pictures I was just like what a smug, thinks he's being funny and edgy, douchebag, and the actual pictures went above and beyond. Classic 'uh it was just satire, clearly you just don't GET IT'..... Ugh, just gently caress everything about this rear end in a top hat. If you'd like slightly more fuel for the fire, here you go. Name blurred to protect another member of the group because they don't deserve to have their name attached to this nonsense.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Between this and the FLG nazi skull thing, this week's Badcast is gonna be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean, I know the Bible says not to judge lest ye be judged, but this guy seems like a real jerk!