Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Hashim posted:

It's only been one round of voting, so relations haven't had a chance to change decisively just yet:

Morocco: -175
Russia: +50
Hannover: +40
France: +40
Bavaria: +40
Hungary: +40
Armenia: +40
Egypt: +40

The default starting relations in vicky is -10, but our relations were boosted when we gave Zulfiqar a crown. I had our relations with Russia start at 0 instead, because we ended MotE with the highest relations with them. Morocco started at -200, for obvious reasons.

Wow, Hannover is a lot better than I thought. I concede that they could be allies in the future if we don't irritate them.

Of course, if we get another +50 with France, we've got a real good chance of being busom buddies by the end of the Congress.

Too bad we can't support French claims while refusing to support Bavarian claims.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

A.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Hashim posted:

It's only been one round of voting, so relations haven't had a chance to change decisively just yet:

Morocco: -175
Russia: +50
Hannover: +40
France: +40
Bavaria: +40
Hungary: +40
Armenia: +40
Egypt: +40

The default starting relations in vicky is -10, but our relations were boosted when we gave Zulfiqar a crown. I had our relations with Russia start at 0 instead, because we ended MotE with the highest relations with them. Morocco started at -200, for obvious reasons.

But what could they be so upset about? They won the war didn't they? Must just be a bunch of grumpy gus' :shrug:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Morocco is the only major power which currently holds rightfully Andalusian territory, as if there wasn't already enough reasons to hate them.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Each vote we cast should come with an automatic -10 to Morocco, simply because they are bitter that we even get to vote.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Ikasuhito posted:

Each vote we cast should come with an automatic -10 to Morocco, simply because they are bitter that we even get to vote.

I mean, the reason this conference is in Qadis and not Marrakesh is because we burned it down, so I can imagine there's just a bit of resentment there

Natural Flavor
Sep 1, 2013
A

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
A, because hopefully France will vote in favor of us next vote.

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016
A

Friendship with France!

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
A

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Ok, based on my whipcount I didn't need to get quite so highfalutin in my language. A's have it very convincingly.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

I mean, the reason this conference is in Qadis and not Marrakesh is because we burned it down, so I can imagine there's just a bit of resentment there

Sweetest +10 prestige a Majli could hope to earn :smuggo:

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Grizzwold posted:

I'm eagerly awaiting fighting for the return of our lost territory at the conference only to have it ripped away from us in the first crisis.

Luckily for us, the Balkans look like such a shitshow that they'll probably always take precedence in Crisis temperature.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
A

Man, looking to be pals with France and mega-enemies with Morocco. I hardly recognize the place anymore.

Mr_Autoshades
Dec 5, 2016

paragon1 posted:

A

Man, looking to be pals with France and mega-enemies with Morocco. I hardly recognize the place anymore.

Give us a bit, we'll do something willfully self-destructive before too long. Personally, my bet is on a land war in Asia.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
B. gently caress France.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
You can all stip voting now, its 50+ for A to less than 20 for B. A wins handily.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

A

Let's not go full Hohenzollern here.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

C

Whatever decision we make will backfire so I say we don't make any.

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

A we scratch Frangleterre's back, they scratch ours

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Dance Officer posted:

You can all stip voting now, its 50+ for A to less than 20 for B. A wins handily.

Yep, looks like A has it in the bag, so Tirruni's empire is going to be carved up between France, Provence and Bavaria. I'll get the next part up in a bit.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
The Congress of Cádiz

Part 3: The Balkan Crisis

The Majlis al-Shura have decided their stance in the Partition of the Tirruni Empire, and in this matter, they are largely united: Al Andalus will support the claims of Bavaria, Provence and France-England.

Several other congress powers reach the same conclusion, with France-England and Bavaria demanding the return of their territories, backed by both Armenia and Crusader Egypt. Surprisingly, the Russian Empire also pledges its support to this plan, hoping to create a strong ally that can counteract any notions of German unification.

Significant opposition has also arisen to this option, however, led primarily by Hannover. Morocco also throws its weight behind Hannover, perhaps hoping for a more divided and balanced Europe. Hungary follows suit, fearing that a strengthened Bavaria would challenge them over dominance in the Adriatic.

So in the end, the final tally amounts to seven votes for option A (Russia, Al Andalus, France, Bavaria, Armenia, Egypt) and five votes for option B (Hannover, Morocco, Hungary). And so it is decided that western Occitania will be granted to France, the Kingdom of Provence will be restored, parts of northern Italy will be returned to Bavaria, and the Papal States will be restored.

In doing this, however, lines have been arbitrarily redrawn down cultural boundaries, all but guaranteeing future tensions and crises in the region. A sizeable population of Occitains find themselves under French control, the seeds of conflict have been sown between France and Provence, and the Italians have no independent kingdom of their own - for now, there is peace, but only time will tell whether a disastrous mistake has just been made.

There is little time to speculate on the future, however, before the Congress moves on to next major topic: the Balkan Crisis.

The Republic of Serbia has descended into anarchy and lawlessness, with the pariah state suffering four separate invasions over the past five years. The republic has effectively collapsed, and so the Congress must agree on the fate of the Balkan peninsula.

The first option, presented and favoured by the Russian Empire, proposes that the Serbian Republic be partitioned into a myriad of smaller kingdoms, with several territories also awarded to Hungary, Bulgaria and Greece. Russia hopes to extend its influence in the Balkans, a task that becomes much easier when it’s divided into petty kingdoms.

The second option is presented by Morocco, who seeks to impede the rapid expansion of Russia. They believe that the survival of an enlarged Serbia is critical to maintaining peace in the Balkan peninsula, once the monarchy is restored of course. So they propose that Serbia retain most of its conquests, with a few paltry concessions made to Hungary and Greece.

Again, the Majlis al-Shura meets to decide what stance Al Andalus will take in the matter:

Option A - Carve the Balkans into new nations!

Effects: Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, and Albania are all created. A small Serbia survives, stripped of its conquests and with monarchy restored.
Significant territories are awarded to Hungary, Bulgaria and Greece.
We receive a relations boost with Russia, Hungary, Bulgaria, Greece, and all the new nations.
We receive a relations hit with Morocco and Serbia.

Option B - An enlarged Serbia survives, with monarchy restored!

Effects: Serbia survives with most of its conquests intact, and its monarchy restored.
Minor territories are awarded to Hungary and Greece.
We receive a relations boost with Morocco and Serbia.
We receive a relations hit with Russia, Hungary, Bulgaria and Greece.

Option C - Abstain from the vote.

Effect: We remain neutral in this matter, so it will be decided by the other powers. Our relations with other nations are unchanged.

———

Reminder that we (Al Andalus) will have 1 vote in this matter, alongside France, Bavaria, Hungary, Armenia, and Egypt. The great powers of Morocco, Russia and Hannover will have 2 votes apiece. So keep in mind that even if our chosen option doesn’t win overall, the relations boost/hits will still take effect, and the other powers will remember how we voted.

Also, in the event of a stalemate, the tie is decided in favour of the side with more great powers.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jun 7, 2018

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
This doesn't concern us (and never will). C

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
A

A single state owning the entire Balkans will never be stable, and will always threaten the peace in Europe. Dividing the region into small kingdoms is the best option.

Besides, getting friendly with Russia surely wouldn't be a bad idea

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Andalusize the Balkans. A

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
A

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists
Seeing as we're all in on the gently caress Morocco train, Russia is also trying to make friends with France, and the Balkans are wholly irrelevant to us, I vote A: Dividing up Styria or Suburbia or whatever.

MaxieSatan fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jun 7, 2018

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

A stronger Greece will be an ally against the Almoravids. An united Serbian Kingdom would be a hotbed of crisis that would distract the world from what actually matters.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

A, lol gently caress Morocco and anything they want

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

A. It's going to win anyways, might as well suck up to the Russians. Also it's going to be great when Morocco gets sidelined through the entire concert and ends up with nothing.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Honestly who cares, but I'm pretty sure our national spirit is "gently caress Morocco".

A

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
A

FUUUUCK MOROOOCCOOOO, LAND THAT I HAAAATE

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Greece has earned some sort of compensation for all they went through, and gently caress Morocco anyway.

A

E. Though I am a tad sore that we will end up helping Hungry.

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009
C We have no place deciding the future of this part of the world.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
A

More of a strategic vote than anything; I think it's a good idea to get friendly with Russia.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

A Balkanize the Balkans!

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake
A will raise our relations with states that could be useful against Morrocco.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

A

Russia scratched our back, we scratch theirs.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

A

I’m sure some everything will be fine and no drat foolish thing in the Balkans will happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
C, this is so far from concerning us it's not even funny.