Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I started at the default unlock for the vets on 5/12. Since then, I am at 0/100 on Chewie and 58/85 on Han. I have used 3 refreshes on cantina everyday since then, and some luck with double drops. It's not impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Everyones favorite topic: which zetas to pick?

I currently have 5 zetas to spend so its high time i do something about them.

My arena team zCLS, zRHan, thrawn, GK, zR2 barely holds on in the top 300. (Luke g12, the rest g11) My arena shard is entirely g12 fully zetaed teams from like top 500 and up.

My ship shard is much more relaxed and i keep staying in top10, using thrawn, biggs, vader, tfp (g12 pilots) with bobba, fotp and wedge reinforcing (g12 and 11)

Im thinking to put a zeta on vader and thrawn to improve their ship'ness and at the same time go for an empire arena team?

Palp (L), Vader, Thrawn, DN and Sion? I have all of them at 7* except sion at 4* (but currently farming him) and they are all decently geared, only Sion lagging behind.

I'd be able to get zPalp, zVader, zThrawn, zDN and zSion and/or put 2 zetas on one of em (?)
I don't really enjoy arena though and prefer zetas that give me pve progress (e.g. zVeers) so im not mega keen on picking up vaders unique zeta since its not really that useful elsewhere(?)
Same with DN, i enjoy using sith for pve and in particular with DN in the lead but zetaing his unique looks very boring and uneventful.

It will be almost 2 months before Sion is 7*. Is there any point in joining the sith meta now or should i wait for the next meta?

Is Sion and his zeta used elsewhere?

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jun 5, 2018

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I'm pretty sure zThrawn is a pro choice. If you want to change up your arena team I run GK(L), zzCLS, zzR2, zRhan, and Zariss. I'm usually top 200 in my shard, with JTR and EzPz teams seemingly dominating. I can put down any other team except for this one Wampa team that just fucks me up. I think the main benefit is that most people will see your team and think "nah" (although EzPz I think burns through them) because of the chance of a draw and 5 minutes wasted.

That said, if you're sitting on zetas (I am too, and just today bought zVeers) and are near JTR, I think a JTR team needs at least 5 zetas total - 2 for JTR, 2 for BB8, and one(?) for R2. Maybe more. Maulful is biding its time waiting for the next JTR push because she's critical for the first phase of the Sith raid.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
loving same on the Veteran grind. :(

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Yeah, the guide I saw said to expect lower than average drop rates for vet han/chewie too. Looking forward to that grind :shepface:

No. That's just bad sample size. They drop at the standard rates. It just sucks because they are bad characters.

Rabbi Tupac posted:

I've got Vet Han but Chewie is sitting at like 4 or 5 stars so it's not looking good. Took ~2 months for Han? I honestly don't know.

That's just how the 16-energy farms go.

Having enough crystal income from Arena/Fleet is a huge boost for these since you can do 3 refreshes/day.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

i am 27 shards away from being done with the vetbro grind

kneel before my superior pain tolerance

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

Everyones favorite topic: which zetas to pick?

I currently have 5 zetas to spend so its high time i do something about them.

My arena team zCLS, zRHan, thrawn, GK, zR2 barely holds on in the top 300. (Luke g12, the rest g11) My arena shard is entirely g12 fully zetaed teams from like top 500 and up.

My ship shard is much more relaxed and i keep staying in top10, using thrawn, biggs, vader, tfp (g12 pilots) with bobba, fotp and wedge reinforcing (g12 and 11)

Im thinking to put a zeta on vader and thrawn to improve their ship'ness and at the same time go for an empire arena team?

Palp (L), Vader, Thrawn, DN and Sion? I have all of them at 7* except sion at 4* (but currently farming him) and they are all decently geared, only Sion lagging behind.

I'd be able to get zPalp, zVader, zThrawn, zDN and zSion and/or put 2 zetas on one of em (?)
I don't really enjoy arena though and prefer zetas that give me pve progress (e.g. zVeers) so im not mega keen on picking up vaders unique zeta since its not really that useful elsewhere(?)
Same with DN, i enjoy using sith for pve and in particular with DN in the lead but zetaing his unique looks very boring and uneventful.

It will be almost 2 months before Sion is 7*. Is there any point in joining the sith meta now or should i wait for the next meta?

Is Sion and his zeta used elsewhere?

I'd say go ahead and double-zeta thrawn. He's great in fleets and you can drop "throopers" on TW defense for strong holds. If you have a decent set of troopers to back him up, anyway. Zeers is amazing. He turns even g8 troopers into some hilarious shitshows, and he gets more probe droid shards for your guild in DS TB. Hope into Discord and chat with Psycho about it, he's our resident imperial lover. I want to say he has a throopers apprentice rn who's also loving it.

2nd's zeta on R2 wouldn't go amiss, and also banking 3 for JTR to drop on bb8/JTR's lead isn't a bad idea, if you're close to unlocking.

Vader's TIE is super strong without a second zeta, so don't burn that until you feel like you absolutely have to win speed battles. The Zeta is 100% worthless outside of fleet right now.

I recommend the sith for PVP right now, but it feels like we're reaching the end of that meta window, so it might be a low return at this point. zzPalp, DV, zThrawn, zDN, zDS is powerful in PVP, but... it's weaker now if you don't have good Sion and honestly rex teams are just as good. Rex/zDN/zDS/zWampa/zThrawn is what I run and it can beat anything.

Don't bother running Sion in arena without a zeta, though, he's garbage tier without it, but you can run him under 7* with the zeta just fine. Bone up on protection primaries and he'll last. His zeta isn't useful outside of arena.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jun 5, 2018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'll caveat my last post by saying that Thrawn and Nihilus unique zetas are good because they are going to be perennial arena superstars. They will always have a place in whatever the current meta is because they are such unique character with such amazing kits.

Throwing zetas at either of them is never going to be a long-term waste.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I'm an imperial lover too; deliberately put off meta stuff to farm and gear troopers. I love the "throoper" teams in TW. zVeers is amazing. I haven't even started the vetbro grind, working on cold Han for now.

edit: Is zStarck wort it at all. Asking for the Imperial Bureau of Personnel.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jun 5, 2018

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

zStarck seems superfluous to me. My ZVeers troopers are supremely boss without it.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

^^ I agree. It helps, but it's nothing mindblowing and should probably have been an omega instead of a zeta. ^^

Hey TaranWanderer, are you around? We were wondering what was up. Check with us either on here or on the discord. We hope everything's alright!!

pantsfree
Oct 22, 2012
What’s the standard ‘throopers’ squad loadout?
Veers, Thrawn, DT, Shore, snow? Or stark?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I haven't even unlocked the Vet Han and Chewie nodes.

Been stuck at Cantina 8-C for months. Even B is only 2* because I always loose someone right at the even. Even if they're full health, one of the bosses just straight up kills one member of my team right before they get taken down.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

pantsfree posted:

What’s the standard ‘throopers’ squad loadout?
Veers, Thrawn, DT, Shore, snow? Or stark?

Thrawn lead DT Krennic Shore Storm.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Where does zVeers come in then?

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Zachack posted:

Where does zVeers come in then?

Zeers would go with starck, snow, magma, and another imperial in that situation. Personally I'd go with Thrawn, zeers, starck/snow, death, shore, but that's because I don't have DK at all.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
I finished my JTR grind today (outside of 7* BB-8, but I have a full 7* FO squad at the ready) and it's going to feel real good to put that cantina energy towards mods for the next few weeks because 106 speed on my Vader is nowhere near enough to crack top 10 on my shard anymore

Are there any openings in the goon guilds? I'm in a decent ~45M GP guild right now with some nice folks but they're incredibly casual to the point where we're just barely clearing HAAT and are only on tier 3 on the STR. I just cracked 1.1M GP recently and I feel like I'm treading water when it comes to TB and TW. We barely get 35 to register for some raids and TWs and we can't crack 20 stars in TB.

CubsWoo fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jun 6, 2018

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

CubsWoo posted:

I finished my JTR grind today (outside of 7* BB-8, but I have a full 7* FO squad at the ready) and it's going to feel real good to put that cantina energy towards mods for the next few weeks because 106 speed on my Vader is nowhere near enough to crack top 10 on my shard anymore

Are there any openings in the goon guilds? I'm in a decent ~45M GP guild right now with some nice folks but they're incredibly casual to the point where we're just barely clearing HAAT and are only on tier 3 on the STR. I just cracked 1.1M GP recently and I feel like I'm treading water when it comes to TB and TW. We barely get 35 to register for some raids and TWs and we can't crack 20 stars in TB.

Hop on discord. I think QGJ has openings. If not, get on the list because openings become availiable frequently.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Like he said, come on Discord! We're always talking strategies and both SM and QGJ are very active. SM is about to try a heroic raid again.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

For Troopers I run them as my secondary empire team in TW/TB. The team is usually ZVeers, Starck, Snow, Death, and Shore/Storm. Thrawn goes with the big boys.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

yes, QGJ has room, but only for those who pass...the trials.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnMJr18nzo0&t=44s
enfys nest is insane

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Her shtick is TM manipulation and dumb-rear end survivability removed from her actual toughness stats. Her stall game will be REAL in TW and everyone should be working on her.

Her gearing was stupid easy, if that helps anyone. Maybe 2 carbs/2-3 cuffs to G11.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMvoTm7HgkA

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Chilichimp posted:

Her shtick is TM manipulation and dumb-rear end survivability removed from her actual toughness stats. Her stall game will be REAL in TW and everyone should be working on her.

Her gearing was stupid easy, if that helps anyone. Maybe 2 carbs/2-3 cuffs to G11.

I can't watch the video right now, but is it worth it even at 3 stars? Because I don't plan on spending money on her.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Eh, I would at least gear her up in anticipation of shards being farmable.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

mdemone posted:

Eh, I would at least gear her up in anticipation of shards being farmable.

I will eventually, after I'm done with DN, Sion, Vet Bros, and FO (jesus that's a lot). I was just asking if she's decent enough at 3 stars and well geared to be useful in TWs.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

I will eventually, after I'm done with DN, Sion, Vet Bros, and FO (jesus that's a lot). I was just asking if she's decent enough at 3 stars and well geared to be useful in TWs.

I'm serious when I say her gearing was stupid easy and even at 3* she'll be an annoying drop in TW.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Rey's apparently back on the 14th. Get your poo poo together, folks

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Chilichimp posted:

I'm serious when I say her gearing was stupid easy and even at 3* she'll be an annoying drop in TW.

Alright, I'll work it in. I'm up for being a pain in the rear end in TW.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

thrawn527 posted:

Yes.
Already dropped 1299 crystals for 7 enfys shards, thinking about trying again when I save up enough, see if I get lucky

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jun 6, 2018

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Yes.
Already dropped 1299 crystals for 7 enfys shards, thinking about trying again when I save up enough, see if I get lucky

I've never heard of anyone getting more than 8 shards from one of those. I know that's just small-number statistics on anecdotal evidence, but still.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Should I Zeta palps Leader or Unique skills?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

twistedmentat posted:

Should I Zeta palps Leader or Unique skills?

Definitely his leader ability.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Crumbletron posted:

Definitely his leader ability.

cool, because that's the one I can do right now.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Both are great though. The unique gives him more survivability.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

mdemone posted:

I've never heard of anyone getting more than 8 shards from one of those. I know that's just small-number statistics on anecdotal evidence, but still.

I got 12 shards for Sion once or twice.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
I think QGJ has room, hop on discord

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Crumbletron posted:

Rey's apparently back on the 14th. Get your poo poo together, folks

Maybe next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

mdemone posted:

I did some back of napkin survey and analysis on Reddit when Nightsisters and Matt were new, and yeah, it seems that the distribution in marquee packs is either Poisson, or a normal that is so right skewed that it is effectively a Poisson. It's not a real analysis, of course, but its better than anecdotes and good enough for who is asking.