Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I broke down because I’ve been hovering around 25k and have most of the recent story release to go through.

Decided to do an aloha run on the cloud step up. Worst case scenario would be like... CG Jake #3 and Cloud #3 - 1 away from his super TMR, which is pretty great.

Pull 1 - trash. Just absolute trash.

Pull 2 - double rainbow surprise: CG Lid (#1) and Elfreeda #2.

I decided to go ahead and do the 3rd step because 5k for a guaranteed 5* is a good deal. Roy #2 was the only reward. But he’s got a great hat and now I have a 7* bard on lock if I can’t get my hands on anything else. All in all, pretty good deal.

Skipped steps 4 and 5 because why would I do that to myself.

I said a lot that I really couldn’t wait for step ups. I’m glad that, overall, they haven’t disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I have a theory about Kid Rydia's change. Them putting Eidolon Bomb as a GL upgrade suggests to me that unlike the JP version, she might be able to cast Bomb normally without having the "unlock for one use" turn crap. This, honestly, would be a pretty huge buff to her, and also somewhat explain the removal of W-Summon. She would, very, very likely, outdamage Dragonlord in that scenario. 18x Evoke Damage twice, fire element.

If my theory is correct, this is a pretty big buff to her and make our 7* form a LOT better since then she'll pick up the W-Summon anyway.

e: we'll see in like 12 hours I guess though!

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jun 6, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If they do give her an upgrade like that with the main limiting factor being able to produce enough summon orbs to feed her attacks then it would indirectly buff a character like Eiko, which can generate a ton of summon gauge but has mediocre healing. Still wish they buff Eiko a tad bit in her 7* though.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
So upgraded Reberta is rated pretty highly now on the wiki. 15.0.

Apparently it's not so much the AOE chaining with upgraded Mystic Thrust, but upgraded Death Crimson is apparently a monster even when it doesn't sell-chain with a copy.

I've seen a couple threads on Reddit going back and forth over whether or not her enhancements are good... and a lot of the "they aren't" crowd don't seem to like Jumps, which I get.

She still does a massive amount of damage, it seems.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

She does really good damage even when not perfect capping her chain. Like just a tad bit less than Fry is still a good chunk more damage than the vast majority of units and she's not elemental lock

If she gets W-Attack and that fixes her frame timings to consistently cap her chains she'll be loving insane as a 7*

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

She does really good damage even when not perfect capping her chain. Like just a tad bit less than Fry is still a good chunk more damage than the vast majority of units and she's not elemental lock

If she gets W-Attack and that fixes her frame timings to consistently cap her chains she'll be loving insane as a 7*

The fact that Reberta and Fry are good again and with shifts in how the game is built will remain good has me, god save me, thinking about coming back to this game because I'm weak.

I'm honestly happy that Berta and Fry are good, though. I like that crop of GL exclusive units. :unsmith: I kind of wish they'd get a story event to themselves.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
God loving damnit at the buff of getting w-ability early being bogus
Least theres some new stuff even if its better in the long run

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jun 7, 2018

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Meh, looks like it's just a damage boost to Eidolon Bomb, so basically she's worthless still. Unfortunate.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Also 30% more Mag on one of her passives, but yeah overall the FFIV banner feels very much in the skip category. A daily pull and maybe 2 or 3 normal tickets to get some bonus units and then forget it exists.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I read the comments on the Facebook page again.

I feel like I touched poop.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

It’s okay. At least we have the discord.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

How are they still so bad at this after almost 2 years?

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Efficiency demands you cut everything to point it starts to fall apart

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

They reset the raid rewards at least so now theres at least a reason to go 1.5 months of back to back raiding :smith:

And Kain can chain with Lila AND the piledriver family so now he's a pretty solid chainer.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

is there a King Mog Strikes Back 2nd anniversary raid

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

2 weeks of raiding, Great! 4 Weeks, are ok I guess. 6 Weeks of raiding, is going too far. 8 weeks of raiding with the last one being literally the worse one as a capstone is layers of hell.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I could maybe forgive them for the endless raids if we could feed cactuars to each other to stockpile XP properly.

At least my raid squad of Sephiroth/Cid/Fryevia/Olive/Ayaka can just go in and hit the repeat button (after the first raid using shattering shot, DR-frames, and an atk buff on ayaka (not necessary but w/e)) to constantly kill the ELT raids, so it's quick and effortless.

Mr. Swoon posted:

Over 4 years, actually. Gumi used to have all sorts of issues updating Brave Frontier too. :eng101:

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Combining cactuars would be nice, I'm up to leveling the raid units to 6* lv100 because I don't want to sell them :negative:

With all the EXP+% gear (x2.1) I think it's about on par to do EXP Pro instead of Cactuar Dunes so I might not even bother combining cactuars besides raids anyways. Lord knows how often I get Single Gigantaur/Gigantaur/King from Dunes anyways.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
You are absolutely going to want to combine cactuars once that system is in Global because when 7* units hit you'll need those (tens of) millions of xp worth of cactuars to get your 7* units leveled.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I’ve barely done this current raid over the last few days, I think I need a break from raids.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

You are absolutely going to want to combine cactuars once that system is in Global because when 7* units hit you'll need those (tens of) millions of xp worth of cactuars to get your 7* units leveled.

I thought combining cactuars was just for space efficiency, is there more to it?

e: oh wait, that was the thing where you take a single cactuar and fuse your mega-leveled cactuar into it fishing for the x1.5/x2 exp bonus isn't it?

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Scrublord Prime posted:

I thought combining cactuars was just for space efficiency, is there more to it?

Eeeesh. I hope not. I think it’s just that 7’s will take a shitload more EXP to max out, and mashing cactaurs will save space. I’m super into that since I dont have anyone to max except for my TM squad that I’ll sell when I’m done.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Evil Fluffy posted:

I could maybe forgive them for the endless raids if we could feed cactuars to each other to stockpile XP properly.

At least my raid squad of Sephiroth/Cid/Fryevia/Olive/Ayaka can just go in and hit the repeat button (after the first raid using shattering shot, DR-frames, and an atk buff on ayaka (not necessary but w/e)) to constantly kill the ELT raids, so it's quick and effortless.

Yeah, being able to just repeat through them makes it something easy for me to do in addition to burning arena orbs when I log in every 3 hours and refill/restart my TMR macro. The repeat button should help people more easily clear content like that. I can just mash repeat and it doesn’t matter the order the skills go off I still do 10m+ damage. But even just making sure I break and buff before hitting repeat will give me anywhere between 2 and 4 times that.

I’m hanging on to the rest of my raid coins for this one until the 10th to see if they announce an official date for the QoL stuff. I’m guessing the 22nd for at least some of the changes and I’m hoping “summer” being the stated goal is just Hiroki being evasive and not wanting to say “this month” just so they’re not locked in if they run into problems. Between that change and 7* I’ll be freeing up 100-150 unit slots at this point.

Evil Fluffy posted:

3.8 million. Or 380 king cactuars. Until you get into the high 3.x range, it’s still pretty even between running dunes and doing exp chamber pro, because you can get great/amazing success multipliers on fusing cactuars.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jun 7, 2018

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Was it ever determined if the repeat button does the actions in any specific order? Does the person in the first slot do their action first?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah I also meant but didn't say that I'd fuse and grind cactuars pre-7* when I don't have somebody who needs that EXP but consider EXP Pro in 7*s but it depends on the math. I'm a bit off from high x3.#'s, a 2nd growth egg and first Action are 70% done from fusing for +0.7x EXP.

Mind iirc JP got 7* on their second anniversary which was after CG Nichol, Reagan, and Wanderer Rain which I don't think we're going to get by the end of the month. We might get cactuar fusing before we get 7*s so definitely combine all cactuars if that happens.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scrublord Prime posted:

e: oh wait, that was the thing where you take a single cactuar and fuse your mega-leveled cactuar into it fishing for the x1.5/x2 exp bonus isn't it?

That too, but I mean space efficiency unless you want to have hundreds and hundreds of cactuars taking up unit space.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Skyridge posted:

Was it ever determined if the repeat button does the actions in any specific order? Does the person in the first slot do their action first?

afaik it's random. My current arena team I mash repeat with is DW Mirage, TDH Mirage, Ashe Heaven's Fury, and 2x Ultima+2's and how well it chains is totally random from fight to fight.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Skyridge posted:

Absolutely random.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

They reset the raid rewards at least so now theres at least a reason to go 1.5 months of back to back raiding :smith:

And Kain can chain with Lila AND the piledriver family so now he's a pretty solid chainer.

I thought they said they're not reset?

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
They did originally, and then I guess people complained so they went ahead and reset them.

People were going to bitch one way or another about it, so hey, may as well get rewards again.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Reddit’s mega smug about claiming victory for the reversal.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Considering they reset other repeat raids it'd have been pretty dumb to not do it for this one too.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The raid is so bad that saving you from running it again for a few pots is a mercy really

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mr. Swoon posted:

Pretty sure this

Kheldarn posted:

I just had a mental picture of them hiring on the old Gazillion Marvel Heroes team to work on this game...

is why. One of the worst teams when it came to patching the game. Patches fell back from Tuesdays to Fridays to :shrug:. It got to the point that saying, "patches happen on the second Tuesday/second Friday of the week" became a running joke.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

When Gumi tried to add raids to the global server for Brave Frontier the was unplayable for over a week.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Depressing
this is still a do or die banner for me anyways. Were not getting SD3 in Global, and now the other character I want is getting this thrown around.

Are we at least getting a step up for this?

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jun 8, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

When Gumi tried to add raids to the global server for Brave Frontier the was unplayable for over a week.

We've been saved the brunt of Alim's code work do to getting fixed up versions but I wanna see if the item world implementation doesn't gently caress up the game like it did in japan. It was unplayable for like 2 weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Shoenin posted:

Depressing
this is still a do or die banner for me anyways. Were not getting SD3 in Global, and now the other character I want is getting this thrown around.

Are we at least getting a step up for this?

JP didn't (their FF4 was before the Seph banner) and none of the news mentioned a step up so probably not!

• Locked thread