Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
This thread inspired me to hit up the Tamale Buffet at a local Tamale joint yesterday for lunch. Thanks Thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Randaconda, does your brain have some kind of countdown built into it where you forget to act like a minimally creepy poster and just go full weirdo? At least tag that poo poo :nws:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
I blame the vidja games and japanboobiecartoons

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

I was greatly disappointed in the Mexican food I found in Arizona. I thought all of it was going to be great since it was so close, but it's just like everywhere else where 90% of the restaurants are mediocre, but the good 10% are really good.

Where did you look? Filibertos is kinda mediocre, but there's lots of great hole in the wall stands. Most of them 24 hours too.

Also Chino Bandido is great. Mexican Chinese food. Good poo poo.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
if only we could get a legitimate "millennials are killing boomers" situation going

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Human beings are gross.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Agreed kill you are boss

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.
Soon enough the lovely health-care system that they built will be killing the boomers, but they'll still blame it on millennials. At least in America. Success!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Bwahahaha, fear me, old people, for all I am death!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The MSJ posted:

Bwahahaha, fear me, old people, for all I am death!

My favorites on there are the things Millennials are killing because they can't afford to do them, like going on vacation. I would love to go on vacation, but I need money for that.

I am curious how promiscuous millennials are killing McDonald's though

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Iron Crowned posted:

My favorites on there are the things Millennials are killing because they can't afford to do them, like going on vacation. I would love to go on vacation, but I need money for that.

I am curious how promiscuous millennials are killing McDonald's though

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.gothamist.com/amp/articles/create%3farticle_id=58766f0995ed84001327dd9d

“Promiscuous” in their brand loyalty, meaning they don’t have brand loyalty and McDonalds food is so crappy that they’ve been relying on it to survive.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Are millennials killing the elderly? They keep dying every day...

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

chitoryu12 posted:

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.gothamist.com/amp/articles/create%3farticle_id=58766f0995ed84001327dd9d

“Promiscuous” in their brand loyalty, meaning they don’t have brand loyalty and McDonalds food is so crappy that they’ve been relying on it to survive.

Aw, that was lame. I was hoping it's because they were making breakfast for their one night stands instead of hastily scarfing down a McMuffin during their walk of shame.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Do they expect people to eat at McDs everyday? Or every time they want fast food?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Are millennials killing the elderly? They keep dying every day...

not quickly enough. :colbert:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The MSJ posted:

Do they expect people to eat at McDs everyday? Or every time they want fast food?

Citizen! All meals must be consumed at boomer approved locations!

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

millennials are killing the solid gold toilet industry

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The MSJ posted:

Yep! McDonalds grew into a national fast food brand much earlier and faster than its current biggest competitors, and the big reason people visit chains and franchises is consistency. You go to McDonalds or Burger King or Chipotle, you know exactly what food you’re getting no matter how big or small or isolated the town is. Back in the 80s and 90s, McDonalds could very well be the safe and comfortable option in an unfamiliar place.

But now those slots are being overtaken by fast food and especially fast casual chains like Chipotle that make much better food. McDonalds never really found a way to improve on its quality, so now they’re struggling to keep up with a generation that prefers their food to actually taste good.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

McDonald's owns Chipotle.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Wrong thread

The Bananana has a new favorite as of 17:19 on Jun 7, 2018

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Everyone keeps saying “tamale”, which isn’t even a word. It’s bothering me.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Zil posted:

McDonald's owns, Chipotle.
Quote updated for 2006

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

They are both terrible but if I was going to have to eat at one or the other I’d pick McDonalds for its salty goodness.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

RCarr posted:

They are both terrible but if I was going to have to eat at one or the other I’d pick McDonalds for its salty goodness.

If I'm going fast food burgers, I'm going hard. Wendy's Baconator or nothing! It's all your calories for an entire day in a single burger.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

chitoryu12 posted:

But now those slots are being overtaken by fast food and especially fast casual chains like Chipotle that make much better food. McDonalds never really found a way to improve on its quality, so now they’re struggling to keep up with a generation that prefers their food to actually taste good.
McDonald's has actually done a ton to improve their food quality, but the stigma is so bad that people won't believe it and they can't figure out a way to shake it no matter what they do.

That being said, Burger King is doing way way worse.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

chitoryu12 posted:

Yep! McDonalds grew into a national fast food brand much earlier and faster than its current biggest competitors, and the big reason people visit chains and franchises is consistency. You go to McDonalds or Burger King or Chipotle, you know exactly what food you’re getting no matter how big or small or isolated the town is. Back in the 80s and 90s, McDonalds could very well be the safe and comfortable option in an unfamiliar place.

There's also the factor that it's our parents that grew up on McD's in the 60's and 70's, and it wasn't quite as ubiquitous as it is now. It was safe for them, and when they were everywhere, it was safe to take us there in the 80's and 90's.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
It's also worth mentioning that the Yelp/TripAdvisor/etc. phenomenon, for all its faults, can at least be credited with making it easier for folks to find fare a cut above fast food.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

freeedr posted:

Everyone keeps saying “tamale”, which isn’t even a word. It’s bothering me.

Thanks for being the first to point that out.

One tamal.
Two tamales.

edit: but who the gently caress ever has one tamal

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

theflyingorc posted:

McDonald's has actually done a ton to improve their food quality, but the stigma is so bad that people won't believe it and they can't figure out a way to shake it no matter what they do.

That being said, Burger King is doing way way worse.

I went to MCD few weeks ago, and I guess they started using "real" beef? Like, it was almost a real burger.
Ironically, I didn't care for it. If I had wanted something like that, I'd have gone to Hardys.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Barry Bluejeans posted:

It's also worth mentioning that the Yelp/TripAdvisor/etc. phenomenon, for all its faults, can at least be credited with making it easier for folks to find fare a cut above fast food.

Oh absolutely. McD's is great when you've been driving for 8 hours straight and you just want to eat something and fall out, but when I have some time I'd rather eat something "better."

It drove me nuts when I went to Hawaii with my parents and nine out of ten meals involved a chain restaurant. When they decided we would go eat at The Outback, I asked why, and the response was "that way we know it's good." :bang:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If you're traveling and not eating 99% of your meals at dive bars then you're traveling wrong.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Solice Kirsk posted:

If you're traveling and not eating 99% of your meals at dive bars then you're traveling wrong.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

What happens when you pause Disney movies at the right time:

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

tamale tamale tamale tamale tamale
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaSfSbNoHWQ

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Iron Crowned posted:

It drove me nuts when I went to Hawaii with my parents and nine out of ten meals involved a chain restaurant. When they decided we would go eat at The Outback, I asked why, and the response was "that way we know it's good." :bang:
I'm trying to imagine the mindset that doesn't understand how competitive the restaurant industry is, and how "food is decent" is literally the most basic qualification of staying open

Like, the number of "bad" restaurants that didn't meet AT LEAST Outback's standards I've ever been to is like...3?

edit: also it's Hawaii there's so many good restaurants and I want to beat up your parents

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

If you are traveling across the world on business trips, and arrive late in the afternoon or at early night, McD is godsend because the product is everywhere of even(ish) quality, the place accepts credit card, there is no waiting in table or finding someone who cares and the staff, regardless of the language barrier will understand "Big Mac and coke".

Eating local is for the days after arrival when you have time to scout around and ask locals for recommendations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Except we have the internet so you can ask locals days in advance, there are probably dedicated communities for it. Even here on SA we've got a whole thread for it plus one or two dedicated to single cities, if not more.