Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Who are the star wars Meet and Greet options at DHS these days? Kylo, Chewie and BB-8?

Can you still meet Star Lord and baby Groot?

Also does any merch exist that plans Its a Small World. My coworker specifically requested I NOT bring anything that plays the song back for her son. So.... now I have to, obviously.

BlueBayou fucked around with this message at 18:18 on May 31, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

If we hadn't just renovated our house, I'd think about moving here.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Tall ceilings and massive windows, I'm cringing at the electric bill.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Yeah but Frozone is probably their HVAC guy

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/lacyamoeba/status/1003016727012216837?s=21

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When I rode space mountain with the lights on my stomachs turned like thirty times. It was unsettling

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Empress Brosephine posted:

When I rode space mountain with the lights on my stomachs turned like thirty times. It was unsettling

All 4 stomachs?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Looks like "Midway Mania" is going away which is good because I always thought it was a dumb name

https://twitter.com/ScottGustin/status/1003655919576797184

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Does Disney or a third party website provide an at-a-glance listing of hours and major showtimes? I feel like when I was planning last time there were big PDFs that provided all that without me having to click around the actual website, which made planning a bit easier.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Boxman posted:

Does Disney or a third party website provide an at-a-glance listing of hours and major showtimes? I feel like when I was planning last time there were big PDFs that provided all that without me having to click around the actual website, which made planning a bit easier.

Touring plane lines app does

You can also print your touring plans out if you feel like it

kri kri fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jun 4, 2018

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Trip report:

My feet hurt
Having to get the DME 3 hours before your flight is dumb and I'm mad they wouldn't let me get a later schedule.
Flight of Passage is less magical the more you ride it.
Satul'i is still the best QS ever
Wilderness Lodge is great. Can't decide if I like it better than AKL. AKL has animals, but WL has location and Bay Lake.
The Star Wars VOID VR thing at Disney Springs is *fantastic* We got to do it twice because one guy's gun malfunctioned in the final scene so they started us over. So dope.
Spiderman is a great ride. So much better than Transformers.
King Kong has so much potential but kinda falls flat.
The Harry Potter stuff is so well themed - it makes the rest of Universal look really bad by comparison.
The ET ride is weird
Nomad Lounge is a great way to avoid the heat while waiting for your FoP FP to open, but Trader Sam's is still my favorite bar

AP ends at the end of June. I may wait until after Galaxy's Edge opens to return to WDW. Need to hit Disneyland a few times. Or maybe Tokyo.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I have heard about the 3 hour DME thing, gonna just take a lyft from AK. Since I can check my bag at the hotel and I have TSA precheck so 3 hours is excessive.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

kri kri posted:

I have heard about the 3 hour DME thing, gonna just take a lyft from AK. Since I can check my bag at the hotel and I have TSA precheck so 3 hours is excessive.

I have TSA Pre and my flight was at 7am....security took like 7 mins tops, and that's only because I had to stop and chug my water bottle.

Napped in MCO for about an hour... wasn't *too* bad.

Next time, 100% uber/lyft.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’ve had MCO take a hour before though so it’s a crapshoot.

Also I think the ET ride was made by the same guy who did the original journey into imagination ? Or something like that, it definitely has Disney pedigree.

nbakyfan
Dec 19, 2005

I’ve had MCO take a hour before though so it’s a crapshoot.

Also I think the ET ride was made by the same guy who did the original journey into imagination ? Or something like that, it definitely has Disney pedigree.

A lot of imagineers bounce between the two depending on where the job is. Wouldn’t surprise me.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
I’ve had 15 min for TSA non precheck and 2 hours over at MCO. I really need to just spring for it since I’ve been flying a couple times a year anyways and save myself the annoyance factor.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Credit Card chat! :eng101: If your credit is decent to good, get a credit card that covers the cost before you sign up. The BoA premium rewards card costs $95 a year, but it’ll cover your application fee, which is actually worth more than that for Global Entry. I didn’t and made the mistake of paying out of pocket before getting a card :negative:

Get the card, get Global Entry, hit the minimum spend ($3k in 3 months) for the bonus, and you’ll net about $500 in exchange for a pull on your credit history. If you actually have enough assets with BoA/Merrill, it’s also a very solid card on its own terms and might be worth keeping depending on your circumstances.

Also now I sorta want a Ludwig Von Drake version of :eng101: just for this thread.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What kind of card does Landon calrissian have

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Managed to get a FP+ for Alien Swirling Saucers for the weekend after opening. Wish it was Slinky Dog Dash, but I'll take what I can get

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
I've got enough credit cards, and the cost isn't an issue for me, but yeah - I need to just get pre-check.

What is the whole thing with Alien Swirling Saucers? I've not been to DL, so I've not ridden the Junkyard Jamboree, but all critics say this is similar - is it a scrambler style ride?

And why would you create a ride abbreviated rear end? Come on Imagineers.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.
My wife got pre-check a year ago but I was never able to find time to do the interview so I never got mine. Then we discovered by accident that if she's the primary on the ticket reservation and we modify the reservation to add the pre-check later the airline just adds pre-check to every ticket on that reservation instead of just her ticket so now we just do that every time we fly.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Anya posted:

I've got enough credit cards, and the cost isn't an issue for me, but yeah - I need to just get pre-check.

What is the whole thing with Alien Swirling Saucers? I've not been to DL, so I've not ridden the Junkyard Jamboree, but all critics say this is similar - is it a scrambler style ride?

And why would you create a ride abbreviated rear end? Come on Imagineers.

I believe so, but a fairly tame one since it's an all-ages ride.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Looks like Disney visits are back on the menu boys, AP are unblocked for June and passholders will get a chance to register and visit toystoryland first.

I hope the land has plenty of shade for that sweet summer heat, as that place will be packed like sardines. I think Hollywood Studios feels the least humid of the parks, though I almost always get my tan from that park, probably from standing in Sunset Blvd to long.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

nbakyfan posted:

A lot of imagineers bounce between the two depending on where the job is. Wouldn’t surprise me.

All the day one Universal rides were designed by an outside company staffed by ex-Disney people. The guy who designed Space Mountain is there but I don’t think the Imagination guy was.

All the day one universal rides were also either hilariously complex or fundamentally broken, too. Universal blamed the engineering company, the company said Universal had no business running Disney-quality theme park rides with no maintenance experience.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jun 8, 2018

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
ET always felt like a Disney ride to me, so that makes sense. It also has more charm than everything else there, Harry Potter not included.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Quixotic1 posted:

Looks like Disney visits are back on the menu boys, AP are unblocked for June and passholders will get a chance to register and visit toystoryland first.

My email said APs can get access to visit in September, not to visit first

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I'm hoping to get invited to that. I'll be down there a few days in Sept.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

BlueBayou posted:

The Star Wars VOID VR thing at Disney Springs is *fantastic* We got to do it twice because one guy's gun malfunctioned in the final scene so they started us over. So dope.
Just got back from a 6-day round-park trip with the future in-laws (MK and Epcot 2x, AK and HS 1x) and had an amazing time, but I basically wanted to second this. The Void was loving incredible and my inner Dark-Forces-playing-13-year-old self came alive. It was forty bucks well spent.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Hazo posted:

Just got back from a 6-day round-park trip with the future in-laws (MK and Epcot 2x, AK and HS 1x) and had an amazing time, but I basically wanted to second this. The Void was loving incredible and my inner Dark-Forces-playing-13-year-old self came alive. It was forty bucks well spent.

Totally forgot about The Void existing, got to buy me a few tickets for it next month when I'm there. Does anyone know if it has a fail state?

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Quixotic1 posted:

Totally forgot about The Void existing, got to buy me a few tickets for it next month when I'm there. Does anyone know if it has a fail state?

What do you mean fail state? If anything goes wrong you raise your hand and they come help you right away. There is someone close by watching your group the whole time.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
We have a short trip coming up that we won't be buying park tickets for, so The Void interests me. About how long would you say the experience is? I'd love to see if we can squeeze it in

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

couldcareless posted:

We have a short trip coming up that we won't be buying park tickets for, so The Void interests me. About how long would you say the experience is? I'd love to see if we can squeeze it in

I don't think it was that long, maybe like 15-20 minutes including the load time? Tickets are purchased ahead of time for a specific reservation time but there can be a bit of a wait even though you have the reservation. You probably want to block out 45 minutes or so to be safe but their website says "at least 30 minutes" in the FAQ.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
That's not a bad, I just wanted to make sure this wasn't a 5 minute romp through VR world. Looks like we will book that for one of our down days. Nice.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Dren posted:

What do you mean fail state? If anything goes wrong you raise your hand and they come help you right away. There is someone close by watching your group the whole time.

I meant if can you fail the mission, I have no idea if it's more of a game or an interactive movie.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Quixotic1 posted:

I meant if can you fail the mission, I have no idea if it's more of a game or an interactive movie.
It’s sort of both. You have tasks to accomplish but I think eventually they solve themselves. I actually asked the attendant about this for one part in particular (I’ll spoil it just to be safe I guess, but it’s not a huge deal). You start the mission unarmed, and early on you stumble across a room with a rack of blasters on the wall. You’re supposed to just pick them up and stay silent, but they have two very sensitive triggers that I accidentally shot off. The bolt flew across the room and exploded on the wall with a flash all three of us could see which I thought was really cool, but immediately alarms started going off and K-2SO started scolding you about blowing our cover as stormtroopers started appearing outside. When we were done I asked the guy what happens if you do just take the blasters and wait, and he said eventually the troopers will discover you and the mission proceeds, but it’s way more fun to set off the gun.

As far as points for mission failure go though, I do sort of wonder about what happens if (more major spoilers here so maybe don’t hover unless you’ve done it) you don’t shoot the lava bug or Vader — does the bug just keel over once it gets close enough and does Vader just back off?

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Got to go into Toy Story Land today and test out Slinky Dog Dash. It ain't gonna win over thrill seekers, but it's a pretty great family coaster. The launch aspect is a lot faster than I expected, but overall the ride is slower than most coaster rides. I didn't get to see the rest of the land because it was walled off as they finish up construction. I am hoping to be invited back for a more formal preview next week, but that's luck of the draw.

Also the whole land is the aesthetic of the queue for Midway Mania cranked to 11 and I dig it.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Got to go into Toy Story Land today and test out Slinky Dog Dash. It ain't gonna win over thrill seekers, but it's a pretty great family coaster. The launch aspect is a lot faster than I expected, but overall the ride is slower than most coaster rides. I didn't get to see the rest of the land because it was walled off as they finish up construction. I am hoping to be invited back for a more formal preview next week, but that's luck of the draw.

Also the whole land is the aesthetic of the queue for Midway Mania cranked to 11 and I dig it.

Figured it would be similar to mine train in thrill-factor. Should be a fun coaster, but I’m certainly more excited for other planned coasters that should be faster (tron, guardians).

Pretty jealous you got a preview of the land and ride.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does it have bunny hills?

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
I figured it was 7DMT level + barnstormer. Is it a long ride at least? That’s my main issue with 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Does it have bunny hills?

Yes! The last run of the coaster has a launch up a steep hill that then drops into a series of bunny hills before the final banked turn back to the station.

Anya posted:

I figured it was 7DMT level + barnstormer. Is it a long ride at least? That’s my main issue with 7.

Track-wise, it's much longer than seven dwarves, but due to its launch segments, its total length is probably comparable. It's like a 2 1/2 - 3 minute ride.