Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr_Autoshades
Dec 5, 2016
A

Ikasuhito posted:

Greece has earned some sort of compensation for all they went through, and gently caress Morocco anyway.

A

E. Though I am a tad sore that we will end up helping Hungry.

This, and to be fair we're probably making Hungary and Bavaria perfect Punching bags for each other until one or both explode into Nationalism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)
C. This does not concern us at all. Better we not make enemies of those we might need later.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
A. Anything that fucks with Morocco is good for Al-Andalus.

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.
C

Nothing good has come from meddling in the Balkans

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
A not to help anyone, but simply to gently caress Moroncco.

I can’t wait for Morocco to propose we get full control of Iberia and for us to say no just to spite them.

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jun 7, 2018

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

ManifunkDestiny posted:

Nothing good has come from meddling in the Balkans

We can flip of Morocco, tho, which is always cool and good

crimea
Nov 16, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
A

Eleven Eleven
Nov 12, 2016

Is this even a question? Voting A.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

A for the relations gain. Taking a hit to the partitioned power and our mega rival matters not.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
A

If this has a similar boost to relations a la the last vote, we'll be at +150 with Russia, +140 with Frangleterre, and +140 with Bavaria. We can lock down Russia as an ally here, and they'll be more likely to support us regaining Iberia if we give way to their desires for a sphere of influence in the benighted Balkans.

Meanwhile, our only relation hits will be from a partitioned minor power in Serbia and from Morocco. And I think every patriotic Andalusian would agree that pissing off Morocco is actually an argument in favor of A.

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I can’t wait for Morocco to propose we get full control of Iberia and for us to say no just to spite them.

It would be the hardest decision the Majlis ever faced.

Mantis42 posted:

Also it's going to be great when Morocco gets sidelined through the entire concert and ends up with nothing.

It's going to be magical. Maybe things would have turned out different if this was the Congress of Marrakesh, but for some reason I can't quite recall that city isn't up to hosting an international event. :allears:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

habeasdorkus posted:

It's going to be magical. Maybe things would have turned out different if this was the Congress of Marrakesh, but for some reason I can't quite recall that city isn't up to hosting an international event. :allears:

Perhaps Tangiers then, or Ceuta? Maybe Fez? No? :smuggo:

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

A

I have no interest in the Balkans, but I do have an interest in infuriating the Moroccans and getting on the good side of Russia.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
B i guess.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

habeasdorkus posted:

A

If this has a similar boost to relations a la the last vote, we'll be at +150 with Russia, +140 with Frangleterre, and +140 with Bavaria. We can lock down Russia as an ally here, and they'll be more likely to support us regaining Iberia if we give way to their desires for a sphere of influence in the benighted Balkans.

V2 restricts you to one GP ally at a time in the early game (expanding to multiple GP allies after The Great War unlocks sometime in the 1870s and 1880s).

Not saying that having other GPs on really good terms with us is bad: Russia and Frangleterre (I am so down with that term) both backing us in a crisis situation could be very convenient.

Frangleterre and Russia both have a bigger starting concern than us, though: preventing either Hannover or Bavaria from totally dominating Germany and bringing it together. As is, with the German states divided like they are, both of those countries are in a pretty sweet spot.

Mirdini
Jan 14, 2012

Voting A for eventual Russian Pals points, as well as the fact that the Serbian Republic is obviously a failed state and trying to restore it would be nonsense. Surely Russia won't take advantage of these new balkanized states and will let their various peoples live in the spirit of self-determination. Surely.

(The overwhelming motivation here, is, of course, screw Morocco).

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Not that it's necessary, but A

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

:getout: Morroco. A Is there anything more that can be said?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

A

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

Mirdini posted:

the Serbian Republic is obviously a failed state and trying to restore it would be nonsense

this but about Al-Andalus

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

A

FUUUUCK MOROOOCCOOOO, LAND THAT I HAAAATE

Yup. I vote for A

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
A, let's keep working on that Russian-Frankish-Andalusi triumvirate.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

A

Moroccan Peloponnese is going to become the world's largest poisoned chalice once nationalism hits and the Balkan states begin looking for an outside threat to blame their problems on.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thordain posted:

A, let's keep working on that Russian-Frankish-Andalusi triumvirate.

As in the tradition of the Second Triumvirate, with Andalus playing the role of checks clipboard Lepidus.

A

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

All Aboard the gently caress Morocco train!

Eumenides
Sep 24, 2007

This is the face of Lawful Good!

Fun Shoe
Throwing a vote in for C

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
Just one thing: I've edited the main post to specify that, in the event of a stalemate, the tie will be decided in favour of the side that has more great powers. And by great powers, I just been the 3 top dogs (Morocco, Russia, Hannover). You know, in case that becomes important later on.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

A has a 30+ margin right now, so almost everyone in al-Andalus appears to be on the "gently caress Morocco" train

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
even if one of these ties is going to happen we'd need like 4 votes to salvage our relationship with morocco to something workable, and nah gently caress that, better to throw in with russia and france and appease hannover if we can

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom
A

Landslide for A!

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

I’m sure absolutely nothing will go wrong with the powers of central and Eastern Europe carelessly playing with all of the nations of the Balkans like a three year old plays with toys

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

QuoProQuid posted:

A has a 30+ margin right now, so almost everyone in al-Andalus appears to be on the "gently caress Morocco" train

Yeah, so unless things change decisively over the next couple of hours, I'll end this vote and write the next one up real quick.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Patter Song posted:

Andalusize the Balkans. A
I was going to vote for C, but this joke here made me change my mind. A!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Zikan posted:

I’m sure absolutely nothing will go wrong with the powers of central and Eastern Europe carelessly playing with all of the nations of the Balkans like a three year old plays with toys

Exactly, which is why I'm voting A :unsmigghh:

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.
C
This does not concern us.

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010

The Bold Kobold posted:

C
This does not concern us.

A

Our goal in all of this is to build up international support for restoring our rightful territories: this vote is pretty clearcut in that Morocco is almost assuredly never going to vote for us, so boosting relations with Russia and Hungary is a clear win.

The previous vote actually hurt us a bit as, while only Hanover was angered, they have two votes to France and Bavaria's one, and break ties on top of that. B may have been better as it also leaves France weak and western Europe divided into small states.

Assuming a victory for A, that leaves Russia, Hungary, France, and Bavaria with highly positive relations and Hanover and Morocco with negative. The next vote, focused on the Near East, we just need to make sure we get at least one of the powers friendly towards us, giving us a slight majority (because, without Hanover, we won't win ties).

Then of course we need to hope no one screws us over when it's our turn.

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal
If our goal was to ensure the peace and stability of Europe we'd go with B. But it's not. Our goal is to reclaim our rightful borders and return to great power status. Opposing the balkanization of western Europe in the last vote was wise because it bought us favor with a neighbor who might be needed when it comes time to take back that dagger Morocco planted in our back and helps support the idea that "natural" borders exist and ought to be restored. A united Balkans, however, is a wholly unnatural thing whose people share no common language, culture, religion of history. The only thing holding it together has been a particularly radical strain of Tirrunist Republicanism, and that will quickly fall away once a monarchy is installed. Instead let us extend an olive branch to Russia and go with A.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Zikan posted:

It's nice that there isn't a "just make new states while not totally loving them over by randomly assigning territory to aggrieved existing states" option. Very historically appropriate.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's a shame that the other countries liked France well enough to help it as well. Would've been neat to thread the needle between a relations buff with France and leaving a buffer between France and the Pyrenees like some people wanted.

So what would've happened if Al Andalus had voted the other way, leaving the vote split at an even 6/6?

Zikan posted:

Well, the great powers haven't left us a don't gently caress with the balkans option, so you can either take or leave the two options. Poking around at past world maps, it seems like Serbia had a real rags to riches story. Most of its territory was ruled by Greece at around 1700, but then it popped up between Greece and Austria, and had some real extraordinary success picking away at Austria, Greece and the Latin Empire, and when Greece started pushing it back, it just changed the rules by going revolutionary. It might be nice to see what a republic of Serbia would be like moving forward, but it's easy to see why none of the powers of Europe want that, seeing as how they were hyper-aggressive.

Option A is probably the more "natural" option that would've happened if the congress wasn't loving around. Greece probably would've even taken some hefty slices out of Serbia on its own if Morocco didn't keep stomping them into the dirt. Serbia already lost its western territories a while ago to separatist rebels, so slicing up the rest makes just as much sense. Relations-wise it'd sure be great if Al Andalus could be good buddies with Greece and Russia. I'm not even sure there's much of a culture difference problem, since a bunch of that territory fits in with the cultures it would be given to anyways.

I can't think of any good reason for B. I guess if you like the Serbian monarchy and want them to be good buddies with Al Andalus? Would they get a vote in the congress? Maybe if you don't want Morocco too mad at you? I'm not sure how stable a resurrected Serbian kingdom would really be, since they collapsed once already and are surrounded by powers that want its territory and didn't want them to exist in the first place. All they'd do is defend Moroccan Greece from outside influence.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

A, gently caress Morocco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Option A.