Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Bryan Curtis published a long piece on it today. That look is deliberate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Henchman of Santa posted:

Bryan Curtis published a long piece on it today. That look is deliberate.

24 fps is deliberate, but it doesn't work properly when only part of the video chain uses frame/capture/shutter rates compatible with it!

e: it will also look odd on displays that don't support refresh rates in multiples of 24 hz

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I assume they'll figure it out eventually, they're all too talented not to. HQ was weird as hell for the first year or so too.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Maybe its just the way that gif is rendering on my computer, but that's like 4 fps, not 24 fps.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I actually didn't mind the camera stuff as much as the music (which is too loud). At least they were trying something different.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mahoning posted:

Maybe its just the way that gif is rendering on my computer, but that's like 4 fps, not 24 fps.

I think burke slowed it down to exaggerate the effect so people could see what he was talking about

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I listened to the show on the Lebatard podcast. Bo and Pablo are obviously naturals and have interesting things to say so it was fine on that end. The music is terrible though. I get the "lets play music like Desus and Mero" but it doesn't work when the background music sounds like the loading screen in some RPG.
Also I hope they do more non sports stories and mix it up with interviews and other segments.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

2/5, but i'm still high

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/JayAndDan/status/1003943628685783040

lol

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/NBCSportsPR/status/1003985777871769601

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Wasn't game one on NBCSN or am I imagining that?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Only games 2 and 3 are on NBCSN, all the others are on NBC.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Gotcha, makes sense.

I was going to be surprised game one did that well otherwise. Shame everyone wasn't watching that one because that was ridiculously fun.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Grittybeard posted:

They stash a couple games on NBCSN every year to try to prop the network's numbers up

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

they've been splitting it between broadcast and cable back to when fox had it

day 2 of high noon and they got rid of the background music, that's a good sign

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

some premier league games will now be amazon-only in england

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1004684482509754368

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Vertical Lime posted:

some premier league games will now be amazon-only in england

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1004684482509754368

It's a full week's worth of midweek fixtures at the start of December and every game on Boxing Day

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I’m pro tech company streaming games because in theory they should actually be able to create a stable solid stream to watch.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I'm all for streaming, but taking Boxing Day football off of TV is going to piss a lot of people off

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I'm all for streaming, but taking Boxing Day football off of TV is going to piss a lot of people off

From the sounds of it, those games were going to be off broadcast/cable TV regardless, as the Premier League was basically offering that package to streaming services only.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Mahoning posted:

From the sounds of it, those games were going to be off broadcast/cable TV regardless, as the Premier League was basically offering that package to streaming services only.

which is also weird because Boxing Day has always been a big day for football, as it's generally the one day of the year where every team from the Premier League down to the depths of the bottom of the pyramid will all play on the same day

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

The BBC have just updated the package details and it seems Amazon get the entire 10 match Boxing day program plus "10 bank holiday matches", which means they get 10 games spread over the August Bank Holiday, New Years Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday and the early May Bank holiday, rather than an entire midweek round of fixtures

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mahoning posted:

Hopefully, this is a prelude to them adding in a winter break and getting these games off tv is step one.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I'm waiting for the day one of these companies says gently caress it and gets the rights to the NBA or NFL.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Niwrad posted:

I'm waiting for the day one of these companies says gently caress it and gets the rights to the NBA or NFL.

I feel like NBA will happen in the next 2 years, at least for a decent chunk of games. NFL in the 20s, after it crashes and burns in a couple years because the owners are whiny racist pissbabies.

MLB and NHL both have decent streaming already, and can easily be made much better.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Niwrad posted:

I just want someone other than ESPN doing half of the national TV load for the NBA.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Crazy Ted posted:

I just want someone other than ESPN doing half of the national TV load for the NBA.

TNT does this?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
the people demand doris burke on color commentary

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

MourningView posted:

I assume they'll figure it out eventually, they're all too talented not to. HQ was weird as hell for the first year or so too.

HQ year 1 was the best tv show ever made

papi is a national treasure

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

iwentdoodie posted:

I feel like NBA will happen in the next 2 years, at least for a decent chunk of games. NFL in the 20s, after it crashes and burns in a couple years because the owners are whiny racist pissbabies.

MLB and NHL both have decent streaming already, and can easily be made much better.

NBA is by far the most Online league and their streaming sucks.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I'll still never get over MLB of all sports organizations making a streaming service so good they split it off and Disney paid over 2.5 billion dollars for a 75% stake

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/NBCSportsPR/status/1005080347971932160

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Well, when you wait 25 years for a big 4 team to win a title, you’re going to tune in.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

And the other half were at watch parties :v:

(ok, not half but a non-trivial amount)

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/NBCSportsPR/status/1005172452631220224%5C
https://twitter.com/Ourand_SBJ/status/1005173848264847360

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

What about the Kremlin?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/CLEtribe/status/1005238586797682688?s=19

Indians radio announcer Tom Hamilton is the loving best

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

Well, when you wait 25 years for a big 4 team to win a title, you’re going to tune in.
It was great watching the indignant DC United fans on Twitter following every single loving Tweet about the "No Big 4 Title Since 1992" fact around and being really pissy about it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DJExile posted:

https://twitter.com/CLEtribe/status/1005238586797682688?s=19

Indians radio announcer Tom Hamilton is the loving best

But it's hot and ready!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Crazy Ted posted:

It was great watching the indignant DC United fans on Twitter following every single loving Tweet about the "No Big 4 Title Since 1992" fact around and being really pissy about it.

people should just keep saying that they haven't won a title in a major sport imo