Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

It's like that phrase, society is only three meals away from anarchy. We might get to see that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
I don't understand it; all we're trying to do is destroy everything.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
If it gets that bad Ireland will be like Lebanon with the amount of Brexit refugees lol.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

School Nickname posted:

If it gets that bad Ireland will be like Lebanon with the amount of Brexit refugees lol.

We will finally get an answer to 'Does France really hate all refugees or is it just massively racist?'

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Byolante posted:

We will finally get an answer to 'Does France really hate all refugees or is it just massively racist?'
From what the French/Italians in the Euro thread have been saying, the modern far right basically just shifted its anti-Italian rhetoric unto Muslims/Africans - so their xenophobia might be deeper than merely racist. On the other hand, maybe they've become inclusive in the face of a more foreign culture/religion, since the modern far right is apparently also disproportionally descended from the very same Italians it used to decry.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
can't wait to be living on these when brexit hits

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/johnmcdonnellMP/status/1003561946573139968

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Marxist-Jezzinist posted:

can't wait to be living on these when brexit hits

At least the chances of us having to risk grabbing a cluster munition which is exactly the same size and colour and also being dropped by American planes is quite low.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

use the impending food apocalypse as an excuse to get fat as gently caress now so it'll all be lost when there is no food available

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Jose posted:

use the impending food apocalypse as an excuse to get fat as gently caress now so it'll all be lost when there is no food available
You need to be lean so you look less appetizing to roving hordes, and better able to hide from and avoid them.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Just stamp the papers and let the food imports in, bing bong so simple.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jose posted:

hey remember that time you nearly died in a hurricane

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Taintrunner posted:

maybe he learned a goddamn lesson

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

not really i had power and air con the entire time and plenty of booze

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Jose posted:

not really i had power and air con the entire time and plenty of booze

Brexit's gonna be just like this but without the air con.

Also probably more rain.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol it owns that because the government are so insanely weak and keep being defeated in the house of lords they're trying all sorts of dirty poo poo to pass legislation about the biggest thing facing the country

https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1003643042463698946
https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1003644466954145792

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

while i do support getting rid of the house of lords as a relic it IS funny that they have more integrity than the entire government because they don't have to worry about re-election or whatever

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I don't understand it; all we're trying to do is destroy everything.

this could sum up the uk government at any point in history really

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The one thing that baffles me the most about British culture is people doing random poo poo "for charity"

https://twitter.com/lennylaw/status/1003382914120404994

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Guy Goodbody posted:

The one thing that baffles me the most about British culture is people doing random poo poo "for charity"

https://twitter.com/lennylaw/status/1003382914120404994

The idea that you have to have some kind of harrowing trial before you can even consider giving money to the poor is perfectly British

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

parachuting for charity is usually some sort of deal where if you raise X amount for charity you don't pay to jump. when i did it everyone asked me if i was raising money for charity and no i can't be hosed with that i just wanted to jump out of a plane

a woman died from the place we jumped a week before we did it lol

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Yinlock posted:

while i do support getting rid of the house of lords as a relic it IS funny that they have more integrity than the entire government because they don't have to worry about re-election or whatever

By integrity do you mean willfully standing in the way of the elected government and will of the people?

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

https://twitter.com/PeteNorth303/status/1003276047381618688

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1003744361660801025

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
absolute loving boy

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Byolante posted:

By integrity do you mean willfully standing in the way of the elected government and will of the people?

last i checked both those things were dumb as poo poo

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Byolante posted:

You know what wasn't a part of the question of the referendum?

"Do you also agree to let the Tories have carte blanche over the future of the country for multiple generations?". Which is what they're attempting to do.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1003949911812067329

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Lol I love the unappologetic embracing of feudalism because people can't be trusted to vote. I loving wonder why people vote the way they do guys?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

you're just jealous you can't do some eastern european racism since you're stuck in australia

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Jose posted:

you're just jealous you can't do some eastern european racism since you're stuck in australia

I'll have you know all a bit of eastern european racism takes here is a trip to western sydney

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Jose posted:

what on earth makes you think an australian will let that stop him from being racist

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lack of eastern europeans to do the racism to.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Good use of the word appease, I gotta say.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Byolante posted:

Lol I love the unappologetic embracing of feudalism because people can't be trusted to vote. I loving wonder why people vote the way they do guys?
Let's lay out a timetable to help foreigners like you understand what has happened here in the last couple of years:

[2015]

- Tories win majority in 2015 somewhat unexpectedly and for some reason Cameron decides to actually hold a brexit vote put into the manifesto solely to shut up malcontent tory backbenchers (which it wouldn't, obviously, and hasn't)

[2016]

- Brexit campaign happens and both Tory-fronted sides were a shower of shite. Tom Watson dogwhistles about Labour being favour of tighter border controls while Remaining, Eamonn McCann sides with Dan Hannan in Northern Ireland to vote Leave. Great stuff.

- Leave actually wins, lol.

- Every party in England implodes instantly. SNP says it wants a third referendum on independence despite it being 20 minutes since the last one.

[2017]

- Tories don't appear to have done anything for a year. David Davis claims to have worked very hard on reports, but dog ate it on way to parliament and also if he says anything or shows people that he's done any heavily confidential work the Europeans will use it against him.

- Labour loses seats in places it has never lost them before in Northern England and gets annihilated in local elections.

Nailed it.

[2017-2018]

- Tory Coalition Government 2 proposes whimsical policy ideas to the EU, every one of which has been rejected.

- Tory Coalition Government 2 proposes whimsical policy ideas to their coalition partners in Northern Ireland, every one of which has been rejected

- Tory Coalition Government 2 proposes whimsical policy ideas to Scotland and Wales, which have been rejected, causing minor constitutional crisis.

- Tory Coalition Government 2 proposes that it should whimsically rewrite every law in the UK despite failing to get anyone else in the entire world to agree to anything it has to say, ever. Upper house says no.

[A week from now]

- Heavily cucked Tory Coalition Government 2 tries to force through entire legislative agenda including votes on 15 amendments in 12 hour day at parliament.

Opposing this is antidemocratic, of course.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

jBrereton posted:

Let's lay out a timetable to help foreigners like you understand what has happened here in the last couple of years:

[2015]

- Tories win majority in 2015 somewhat unexpectedly and for some reason Cameron decides to actually hold a brexit vote put into the manifesto solely to shut up malcontent tory backbenchers (which it wouldn't, obviously, and hasn't)

[2016]

- Brexit campaign happens and both Tory-fronted sides were a shower of shite. Tom Watson dogwhistles about Labour being favour of tighter border controls while Remaining, Eamonn McCann sides with Dan Hannan in Northern Ireland to vote Leave. Great stuff.

- Leave actually wins, lol.

- Every party in England implodes instantly. SNP says it wants a third referendum on independence despite it being 20 minutes since the last one.

[2017]

- Tories don't appear to have done anything for a year. David Davis claims to have worked very hard on reports, but dog ate it on way to parliament and also if he says anything or shows people that he's done any heavily confidential work the Europeans will use it against him.

- Labour loses seats in places it has never lost them before in Northern England and gets annihilated in local elections.

Nailed it.

[2017-2018]

- Tory Coalition Government 2 proposes whimsical policy ideas to the EU, every one of which has been rejected.

- Tory Coalition Government 2 proposes whimsical policy ideas to their coalition partners in Northern Ireland, every one of which has been rejected

- Tory Coalition Government 2 proposes whimsical policy ideas to Scotland and Wales, which have been rejected, causing minor constitutional crisis.

- Tory Coalition Government 2 proposes that it should whimsically rewrite every law in the UK despite failing to get anyone else in the entire world to agree to anything it has to say, ever. Upper house says no.

[A week from now]

- Heavily cucked Tory Coalition Government 2 tries to force through entire legislative agenda including votes on 15 amendments in 12 hour day at parliament.

Opposing this is antidemocratic, of course.

its feckin mad how blue the country is

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Jel Shaker posted:

its feckin mad how blue the country is

We do have alot of very conservative fields

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

jBrereton posted:

You know what wasn't a part of the question of the referendum?

"Do you also agree to let the Tories have carte blanche over the future of the country for multiple generations?". Which is what they're attempting to do.

look the people have spoken on one specific issue, years ago and democracy must continue

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

hello folks

Let Trump Handle Brexit: An Explosive Leaked Recording Reveals Boris Johnson’s Private Views About Britain’s Foreign Policy

quote:

Asked about Donald Trump, Johnson was positive about the US President and even joked that he wouldn’t mind having him lead the Brexit negotiations.

“I am increasingly admiring of Donald Trump,” Johnson said. “I have become more and more convinced that there is method in his madness.”

“Imagine Trump doing Brexit,” Johnson said. “He’d go in bloody hard… There’d be all sorts of breakdowns, all sorts of chaos. Everyone would think he’d gone mad. But actually you might get somewhere. It’s a very, very good thought.”

quote:

Asked whether China is an ally or a threat, Johnson said: “China is a rival. China is a rival, but China is a rival whose growth and whose incredible developing power can be used to our advantage.”

He added: “We need to engage with China diplomatically, treat China as our friend and our partner, but also recognise that they are our commercial rivals. And they will try to stiff us.”

quote:

The European Commission is playing hardball in the negotiations to try to prove to the other 27 member states that it’s not worth trying to leave, Johnson told the activists.

“I think Theresa is going to go into a phase where we are much more combative with Brussels,” he said.

“You’ve got to face the fact there may now be a meltdown. OK? I don’t want anybody to panic during the meltdown. No panic. Pro bono publico, no bloody panic. It’s going to be all right in the end.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Boris genuinely seems to have overlooked that America is the biggest economic & military power in the world and we're the UK