Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

so what you're telling me is autonomous vehicles are only 5 years away?

not from the person they ran over they're not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

... the driver was using the advanced driver assistance features traffic-aware cruise control and autosteer lane-keeping assistance, which Tesla refers to as “autopilot.”

:kingsley:

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

"the stochastic suicide program formerly known as 'autopilot'"

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

haveblue posted:

the saga of carmurdered
engraved on the hood is an exceptionally designed image of a man being struck down by a battery by "musky" elon. the man is burning.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

Hell of a place.
i don't have anything like that :v:

but my brother was on a canoe trip when some dad's canoe busted open. the adult stayed in the leaky canoe to get it down river and sent the kids off into the woods. stumbled upon a meth operation, avoided getting shotgunned, apparently those folks had a conversational relationship with the local LEO's and did not want to call them up to the house or anything.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

haveblue posted:

the saga of carmurdered

foreverially carmurdered and loving it

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
This is a trifle steel car. All craftmuskship is of the highest quality. It is studded with iPad, decorated with lithium and encircled with bands of pig iron. This object menaces with spikes of roadway barrier.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/SamTLevin/status/1004759944179036160

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

This is a trifle steel car. All craftmuskship is of the highest quality. It is studded with iPad, decorated with lithium and encircled with bands of pig iron. This object menaces with spikes of roadway barrier.

lol

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

yes I am sure the police's #1 priority will be to respond to the distress call of illegal computer scooter #920512

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

paint a green DONT TRED ON ME/pwease no steppie flag on the side of them

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

yes I am sure the police's #1 priority will be to respond to the distress call of illegal computer scooter #920512

they painted them green instead of leaving them black for a reason

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Plank Walker posted:

they painted them green instead of leaving them black for a reason

So that the police wouldn't ignore their concerns?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

yeah i like yours way better

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

I was crew leader on my second round. My troop sent out four crews and when they were dividing up the kids/adults in to the crews the adults conspired against me to give me the two adults nobody could stand (married yuppie dipshit couple), their shithead son, the Aspergers kid and his Aspergers dad, the somewhat weird (but very nice) kid and his out of shape dad, and then a mystery fill-in slot from some kid out of state because we were short one. That ended up being a somewhat sane mormon kid who I tented with. By the 3rd day I was so stressed out with dealing with these people (the couple and their kid were the worst) that I was having night terrors that involved me screaming at all three of them incoherently. The tent fabric doesn't exactly keep sound in and everyone was very quiet to me in the mornings. That went on for days before the mormon kid told me what was going on. He thought I was awake and doing it intentionally. That kid snapped too but I didn't find out to the second to the last day and his coping mechanism was to collect as much of the cocoa/gatorade powder dumped in the swap boxes that he could and duct-taped it in to a katamari damacy ball that weighed 15 pounds by the end that he secretly hauled in his pack. One of the other crews got hit by lightning but no major injuries. Mostly grid-shaped burns on their feet from where they were using duct tape as moleskin and the internal filaments melted to their skin.

Hell of a place.

this is amazing

never forget the ultimate goal of outdoorsmanship: getting as far away from people as possible for as long as possible

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

If the mayor's order to remove the scooters was ignored the city should just seize them as litter and auction them off (with all locks and poo poo removed)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ADINSX posted:

If the mayor's order to remove the scooters was ignored the city should just seize them as litter and auction them off (with all locks and poo poo removed)

surprised this hasn’t happened already tbh

New York fined IBM for graffiti once over a guerilla marketing stunt

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

haveblue posted:

guerilla marketing stunt

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Everything is scary

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

keyboard vomit posted:

Everything is scary

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

don’t sign

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Repeatedly touching a scooter for 10 minutes in Oakland on Wednesday afternoon did not result in a response or call to police.

The threat, however, played on loop.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Sounds like a particularly annoyed Speak-n-Spell?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ahh, simpler times :allears:

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
That is not a hair question

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

illegal computer scooter #920512

um please dont doxx me. thanks.

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.
it'd be cool* if john carreyrou dropped by the ol' 'POS

*until someone weirded him out by asking if he'd be their "submissive francophone husbando"

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

prisoner of waffles posted:

"submissive francophone husbando"

Don't sign your posts

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.

mrmcd posted:

Don't sign your posts

mais non, je ne parle pas francais

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
no parlay voo franswah.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

no parlay voo franswah.
brad pitt voice gratt zee

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
Hi Jasper,

Hope this email finds you well. I’m Faye, a sourcing recruiter from Baidu Autonomous Driving team. I found your profile on LinkedIn. It looks like you are doing some amazing work at ############. I bet everything is going well for you; however, I do want to introduce our opportunity to you.

With the release of our Apollo v2.5(and soon v3.0), we are growing rapidly and focusing more on building an advanced autonomous driving simulation system. We are currently looking for a seasoned 3D tools guru to join as one of the founding members in the team.

He or she will use a game-engine based technology and create tools to efficiently author a virtual world with interesting road networks that can faithfully and reliably reproduce real-world driving behaviors in a wide range of situations and scenarios and closely collaborate with stakeholders like world builders and engineers in other autonomous driving teams. The position is located in the Bay Area (Sunnyvale, CA). Here is the job description for your reference

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

paint a green DONT TRED ON ME/pwease no steppie flag on the side of them

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

Hi Jasper,

I would give you a job because your name rules.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Jasper is such a twee millennial name

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Suspicious Dish posted:

Hi Jasper,

Hope this email finds you well. I’m Faye, a sourcing recruiter from Baidu Autonomous Driving team. I found your profile on LinkedIn. It looks like you are doing some amazing work at ############. I bet everything is going well for you; however, I do want to introduce our opportunity to you.

With the release of our Apollo v2.5(and soon v3.0), we are growing rapidly and focusing more on building an advanced autonomous driving simulation system. We are currently looking for a seasoned 3D tools guru to join as one of the founding members in the team.

He or she will use a game-engine based technology and create tools to efficiently author a virtual world with interesting road networks that can faithfully and reliably reproduce real-world driving behaviors in a wide range of situations and scenarios and closely collaborate with stakeholders like world builders and engineers in other autonomous driving teams. The position is located in the Bay Area (Sunnyvale, CA). Here is the job description for your reference

i dunno man this might be your only chance to get paid for making dahir insaat type poo poo

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Roosevelt posted:

Jasper is such a twee millennial name

its a traditional dutch name. but also it's not where my name comes from

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

i dunno man this might be your only chance to get paid for making dahir insaat type poo poo

i dont want to kill people through cars that drive based on gta screenshots

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Suspicious Dish posted:

i dont want to kill people through cars that drive based on gta screenshots

oh come off it, they're using the carmageddon engine from the new version a couple of years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
jasper is abe simpson’s friend at the nursing home