Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Started playing this recently, tend to be super cautious in these kind of games but I'm starting up veteran missions. Are the lovely +resist -dodge trinkets worth keeping or can you just sell them?

e: literally right after i write this i practically wipe on veteran siren

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 08:56 on May 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Don't do vet bosses until you have level three skills and weaponry. Resist / dodge trinkets have very limited use; unless you wanna try specific cheese strats: i.e. Everyone but antiquarian gets debuff resistance so the siren is likely to charm her useless rear end instead of someone vital.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
has anybody made a trinket mod that balanced things out so that there's other options than speed/damage/accuracy trinkets, higher dot chances, and healing boosters

i use the heavy boots sometimes to set up crusader paintrains or the like i guess

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I'm not sure there's a balance to be made, unless accuracy was changed to scale better in weapons and skills. I'd rather hit for one than miss for ten. In early game, sure, use what you've got, these off-the-boat adventurers are expendable, but once I'm using heroes I've burned money on, I'd rather go all in and equip them with the best.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anybody know what the hot new stuff is for good mods

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

The colour of madness... Is teal?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I've really been into this game for the past week. It'S so great. I got it for Vita/PS4 a while ago, but couldn't get into it due to the shoddy controls. But since me and a friend are sharing our Steam games and he's got the game with all the available DLC, I started playing with the better PC controls and having a blast.

I wish the narrator had more lines though, he's starting to get a bit repetitive.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
eventually you just turn off game sounds entirely and listen to stoner rock at full blast while leper hacks apart fishmen

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Tollymain posted:

eventually you just turn off game sounds entirely and listen to stoner rock at full blast while leper hacks apart fishmen

I am going to do that. Electric Wizard would be pretty good sound track for this game.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Played a few hours after not touching the game for almost a year and got rocked. Hard. Full party wipe. I need to find the rhythm of the fights all over again.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
for a completely different experience listen to some dark ambient stuff (at full blast)

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
are there any good games out there w a heavy stoner/desert rock aesthetic

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
mount and blade

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
huh, really? id never have guessed

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!

Coolguye posted:

mount and blade

I'm just :allears: at the idea some Mount and Blade style Warhammer MMO where you play as some goblin Spearman alongside 450 other players in the hopes that you might be one of the few surviving gobbos not to get mowed down by rifle fusilades, Mortar fire, gobbled up by some giant bat monster, or catapulted 500 feet into the air from a cavalry charge.

Watching it play out would be hilarious as 2,000 drunk, bored, and immature players meander around the battlefield like confused ants while the lore obsessed grognard sergeants are screaming at their squadrons in impotent rage.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
look w no respawn time playing as faceless grunts getting owned would be great

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Tollymain posted:

look w no respawn time playing as faceless grunts getting owned would be great

Buy a CoD game

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Panfilo posted:

I'm just :allears: at the idea some Mount and Blade style Warhammer MMO where you play as some goblin Spearman alongside 450 other players in the hopes that you might be one of the few surviving gobbos not to get mowed down by rifle fusilades, Mortar fire, gobbled up by some giant bat monster, or catapulted 500 feet into the air from a cavalry charge.

Watching it play out would be hilarious as 2,000 drunk, bored, and immature players meander around the battlefield like confused ants while the lore obsessed grognard sergeants are screaming at their squadrons in impotent rage.

it would probably be pretty true to life where the most effective greenskin commanders are really just the ones that convince their troops to shamble forward and hit the other dude rather than provide any real maneuver to the battle

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Popete posted:

Buy a CoD game

if i wanted to play an fps id go on a 24hr 2fort server

do those still exist, i have no clue

Media Bloodbath
Mar 1, 2018

PIVOT TO ETERNAL SUFFERING
:hb:

Coolguye posted:

it would probably be pretty true to life where the most effective greenskin commanders are really just the ones that convince their troops to shamble forward and hit the other dude rather than provide any real maneuver to the battle

Take that Eve Online talks elsewhere please.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Panfilo posted:

The Warhammer mod was pretty close to this actually. Playing a horde race against anyone who actually did damage was loving scary.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!

Coolguye posted:

Now that you mention it, this is probably true. Greenskin or Skaven would be pretty true to life in that regard-

Their leadership systems would revolve around yelling and throwing tantrums at other players. In the case of Greenskins, the whole idea of the WAAAGH! system would actually work well with how organically players will behave; they see everybody else Leeroy Jenkins-ing toward the enemies, they're gonna join in too until you have thousands of them dogpiling the enemy. With Skaven, I see a lot of teamkills happening out of sheer frustration, Globadiers never waiting for a clear shot and constantly gassing the actually competent players by accident, and some rear end in a top hat Jezzail players sitting miles away from the battlefield doing jack poo poo like every sniper in a multiplayer FPS game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Is there any downside to recruiting a bunch of mooks, sending them off on a suicide mission with limited supplies, then turfing them afterwards (If they come back)?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Other than their screaming ghoulish faces keeping you up at night for years to come, no! Feel free to throw as many people into the meat grinder and then send them packing as you want.

edit: Actually, there is the one downside that sending new hires in alone means you're not leveling up anyone of actual value, so my recommendation is to split the party two and two. 2 guys who you don't mind if they 'get lost' on the way home, and 2 guys you want to keep moving up the chain, or similar.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

CJacobs posted:

Other than their screaming ghoulish faces keeping you up at night for years to come, no! Feel free to throw as many people into the meat grinder and then send them packing as you want.

edit: Actually, there is the one downside that sending new hires in alone means you're not leveling up anyone of actual value, so my recommendation is to split the party two and two. 2 guys who you don't mind if they 'get lost' on the way home, and 2 guys you want to keep moving up the chain, or similar.

Early on, I wouldn't even do this UNLESS you have that perfect positive quirk that you absolutely want on a character (cough, on guard, cough) or they're a class that pays for itself (Antiquarians) to keep in good condition or classes that you need but might be a rare thing occasionally (healers, ANTIQUARIANS). I'd say that it's totally ok to just use nobodies and discard them until you build up a nice fat war chest of money (I like to get to 200,000).

Also early on Antiquarians are worth their weight in the gold they provide.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
80k and a bank will keep you in the green for basic supplies.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i have literally never worried about my money game beyond "will i have enough left over for mission supplies after buying this upgrade"

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Infinitum posted:

Is there any downside to recruiting a bunch of mooks, sending them off on a suicide mission with limited supplies, then turfing them afterwards (If they come back)?

Am I wrong in assuming this is the only way to make 'time pass'?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

you need to get through enough rooms to progress the week

if you enter and run immediately, the clock does not tick

but yeah you need to go on an adventure to pass the week

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Tollymain posted:

i have literally never worried about my money game beyond "will i have enough left over for mission supplies after buying this upgrade"

I wouldn't say 'literally' but yeah this is pretty much how I am. Money is the absolute lowest priority for me, I'm always hovering around about 10,000 gold in the bank unless I'm presently saving up to buy something.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
What would be a good time to start the Crimson Court content? I like to think I've gotten a decent handle on the game's systems, despite having it installed to my PlayStation for a ridiculous amount of time already, with my "A Team" being level three, alongside level two upgrades. Of course, being level 3 they can't go into the Courtyard themselves...

I've heard horror stories about how out of control the blood system can get, and I'd rather not shoot myself in the foot by blundering in there and watching all my heroes be devoured in their beds.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I didn't like the Crimson Court enemies in other dungeons such that I chose to restart without it. At week 70ish, I still don't feel like turning it on again.

What else can I do against the high prot guys who shown up in level 5 dungeons? I try to stack bleeds/blight as appropriate but my teams end up feeling samey.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!

Reality Loser posted:

I didn't like the Crimson Court enemies in other dungeons such that I chose to restart without it. At week 70ish, I still don't feel like turning it on again.

What else can I do against the high prot guys who shown up in level 5 dungeons? I try to stack bleeds/blight as appropriate but my teams end up feeling samey.

Theres a few debuffs, like vulnerability hex and Houndmaster mark target which also lower PROT. Useful if you also happen to have a Bounty Hunter or Arbalest to set up combos.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Safeword posted:

What would be a good time to start the Crimson Court content? I like to think I've gotten a decent handle on the game's systems, despite having it installed to my PlayStation for a ridiculous amount of time already, with my "A Team" being level three, alongside level two upgrades. Of course, being level 3 they can't go into the Courtyard themselves...

I've heard horror stories about how out of control the blood system can get, and I'd rather not shoot myself in the foot by blundering in there and watching all my heroes be devoured in their beds.

Week 30. Spend a blueprint on Sanguine Vinters and consider earmarking two Courtyard teams that you don’t mind slurping that good blood.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Thanks, that seems to match up with some advice I've gotten elsewhere. I didn't think the vintner would be worth a blueprint, no clue how far two vials would go, but I'll take a punt I guess!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

the answer is "a lot further than you think"

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Coolguye posted:

the answer is "a lot further than you think"

I've never had a problem starting crimson court from the beginning of the campaign, albeit not on time limit difficulty

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The vinters just ensure you don’t lose anyone to curse and have enough back vintage to spare a few vials on bloodlust if you have to.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Well, after triggering the court and being repeatedly stonewalled by a giant alligator thing, my hero ranks have been devastated by the curse spreading. Oye.

I might restart with the court itself disabled. This was a bit much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
The court comes short of being good, but the spawn rate of them loving mosquitoes is way too high. Hopefully there are mods to fix this.