Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

thatguy posted:

Montoya Guarantee™:
"Squadron 42 will sell over $30,000,000 in the first month."

I know Miku has money, but that seems like a big ask for even him to pony up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CellarDweller
Jan 19, 2014

Down In The Pit... There's It!

Golli posted:

Chris has a fundamental misunderstanding of the most basic principle in .... well, in this case physics, but anything actually.

The first bit about changing the speed of rotation by changing your moment of inertia is correct (it's how figure skaters control their angular velocity during their spins).

But changing the direction or magnitude of your momentum (which is a vector quantity) requires the application of an external force - so unless you have something to push against you are not going to change direction, slow down or speed up.

Wrong! You could accelerate by farting.

PAAAAAAAAARP

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

What are the consequences of having your bare rear end exposed to the cosmos?

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

CellarDweller posted:

Wrong! You could accelerate by farting.

PAAAAAAAAARP

True - but very, very slowly. You would have to install a fart venturi in your rear end, and wear chaps to maximize any potential, but it is possible.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Golli posted:

Chris has a fundamental misunderstanding of the most basic principle in .... well, in this case physics, but anything actually.

The first bit about changing the speed of rotation by changing your moment of inertia is correct (it's how figure skaters control their angular velocity during their spins).

But changing the direction or magnitude of your momentum (which is a vector quantity) requires the application of an external force - so unless you have something to push against you are not going to change direction, slow down or speed up.

Ah hah! Roberts knows every human has two reaction jets built into their bodies! Set and Match Goonie!

Now excuse me as I burp and fart through space. PAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarp.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Star Citizer: if you want to have fun buy something else

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

big nipples big life posted:

What are the consequences of having your bare rear end exposed to the cosmos?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I said consequences.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/cx3416211/status/1004772741638074368
https://twitter.com/cx3416211/status/1004777518111416320
https://twitter.com/cx3416211/status/1004782011779706880
https://twitter.com/cx3416211/status/1004779758255726593

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jun 7, 2018

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

monkeytek posted:

Ah hah! Roberts knows every human has two reaction jets built into their bodies! Set and Match Goonie!

Now excuse me as I burp and fart through space. PAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarp.

You would also benefit by just inhaling and exhaling forcefully.

Conservation of momentum would cause a slight change in momentum - depending on how much Argon is in the atmosphere (changes the mass of each breath), and how forcefully you blow (changes velocity);

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

big nipples big life posted:

I said consequences.

You will attract Pirates.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Golli posted:

You will attract Pirates.

...which lead to inevitable consequences, we've come full circle

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Hav posted:

You have to know there's at least one publisher reading this thread on the John in morning.

A headline to cheer anyone up; "A far-right German politician had his clothes stolen while swimming in a lake, with the thief reportedly shouting: “This is no swimming area for Nazis.”

Alexander Gauland, who is co-leader of Alternative for Germany (AfD), was forced to walk partially-naked through the streets, accompanied by a police officer, after someone absconded with his clothes as he bathed in the waters just outside Berlin."

Do you have a link for this :allears:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Nebakenezzer posted:

Do you have a link for this :allears:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

CIG should ship him some new clothes. $35 shipping per clothing item. Must ship separately. New money only please.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Golli posted:

You would also benefit by just inhaling and exhaling forcefully.

Conservation of momentum would cause a slight change in momentum - depending on how much Argon is in the atmosphere (changes the mass of each breath), and how forcefully you blow (changes velocity);

I was more thinking as long as you have roughly 3 Tons of fuel (canned beans) and a sufficient oxygen supply you could sustain an acceleration greater than that of a solar sail. Imagine reaching the stars... citizen!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

CIG should ship him some new clothes. $35 shipping per clothing item. Must ship separately. New money only please.

He won't take them unless they are from Germany.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

A Goodbye letter to CIG from a 2012 kickstarter backer - A Rant.

2012 Backer posted:

I not only spent 35 dollars for just the basic game package, but I also nearly spent $4,500 on ships and subscription fees in support of this project like millions of other fans have done. And we have spent 6 years defending this project from critics who said that this was a scam and giving free marketing to our friends, families and coworkers saying how great of a game Star Citizen was going to be. And after 6 years, what do we have to show for our efforts? The game looks gorgeous, but the gameplay is hollow! Its like a $100 toy with a huge cool looking Buzz Lightyear box packaging only to open it and discover that all you bought for $100 is a small stick figure. What pisses me off most is your very sketchy business practices! In the beginning of it I also defended it because you needed the money for developement and it was a cool way for players to get in on the action. But after 6 years of this, with nothing but hollow gameplay to show for it, its quickly getting old! You entice players to spend 400 to 700 up to 27,000 to basically cheat and get everything they want for no effort. You know who else does that? EA, Battlefront 2, Destiny 2 and lovely mobile games. The very people we were giving the middle finger to when we backed Star Citizen because Chris Roberts said they would be different and show publishers how cool games can be made ethically. Well...I guess its true: you can be the hero long enough to see yourself become the villain. And that is why I am going to stop defending CIG. You no longer respect our money. Do you know most of us poor blood sweat and tears to get the money we have, and you purposefully slap us in the face and tempt us to spend that kind of ridiculous price tag for just 3d objects??? Money we could have used on a newer car, or new PC or our mortgages or paying our student loans or other cool game projects that actually have a lot more content to show for our effort. What do you have to show for our money invested in you? A hollow shell compared to what we were promised. Oh, and you also promised us kickstarter backers that I would be able to get the full Squadron 42 game as a perk for being a kickstarter backer. But now you have sliced that into Episodes so you are going to seriously slice that campaign and say, you want the full story? Well, f... you give me money! And where is that Soundtrack CD that you promised me? hmmm? NO where to be found. why couldn't you just sell the starter ships with basic access for star citizen and the full campaign of squadron 42. Where you CANNOT access the cooler bigger ships unless you spend time in the missions and live that in-game life as the Sci fi character that you always wanted it to be. Because for the past 6 years I have been waiting to play that character that SC promised I could play as (Which was being a bounty hunger) and I probably wont be able to for a while longer at this rate! One big part of it is Chris Roberts management of the project. Hes trying to build everything at once and sometimes backtracking and reworking stuff they had already completed. That kind of wasted time has really hurt the project and its image.

And I don't just blame CIG and Chris for this. We the community have not kept CIG's feet to the fire like we should have. Risking pulling the plug on developement unless we got the game we deserved. CIG no longer answers to us because all we have become is a cult of fanboys who refuse to criticize them at all, and those who do they vilify, ridicule and kick them out of the community like blasphemers. Who does CIG answer to? If there was a publisher who believed in the game, they would have kept CIG accountable, making sure that the game was delivered within a reasonable amount of time and that the gameplay was fun and addictive. They don't have that accountability, so they can just continue milking our pockets holding that carrot over our head that one day they will have the game complete while they continue to pull money out of our wallet. Money I have worked very very hard for. Well, I am no longer following that carrot. I have had it with you CIG. If you refuse to have a fun, additive game by now and all you have to show is a big fancy tech demo, then I am done with you. I hope other players start to realize whats going on and pull out of the game. Maybe then you will actually care about this project and narrow its features so you can actually finish what you started! And I hate saying this because I have been devoted to Star Citizen for 6 years! And all I see is they have become the very villain that I was giving the middle finger to back in 2012. It makes me sad and I don't want to be apart of its decline anymore. Goodbye Chris Roberts and CIG. I hope you wake up one day and change your business practices to not be so shady and complete this drat game. Because at this rate, Ill be an old man with a walking stick by the time you do!

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

tuo posted:

He won't take them unless they are from Germany.

I'm sure several of their shell companies will be happy to oblige. Then when he tries to return them they can deny him and tell him he contacted the wrong shell company.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

+1 for the "slap in the face" reference

Also I like "Bounty Hunger"

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/BadCokeMachine/status/1004608764559970305
https://twitter.com/BadCokeMachine/status/1004618434666213376
https://twitter.com/xtreemmasheen3k/status/1004648249863499776

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

He has a point, but if he weren’t already leaving, he’d need to be driven out.

Frank_Leroux
Mar 24, 2018

Hav posted:

I bet you could bounce pebbles off that thing.

Put a lump of coal in there, and in two weeks you'd have a diamond.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/TarkaRoshe/status/1004827297466241025

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Holy poo poo are the backers salty at that

quote:

Long post short:

I don't understand anything about making a company from the ground up, let alone building whole new video game tech as well as general video game production life cycles, and I under state how far the game has come in year over year...but I'm impatient and leaving.

quote:

I fail to see how backers threatening to 'pull the plug' as the OP worded it would really do anything, or even if they went through with it and stopped funding all together I don't see how it would change anything.

quote:

I think people over estimate their effect on this project at this stage.

quote:

Sounds to me like the OP is blaming CIG for his inability to control his spending habits and speaking as if SC is a finished game but then in the 2nd to last sentence agrees it's not a complete game.... GG

quote:

Quit on a unfinished product comaining of lack of gameplay and hollow gameplay??

quote:

Ok . You turn your nose up at a cake cos it tastes like dough before it's cooked?

quote:

Lol you spent 4,5K on a game while you actualy should be prioritizing real life stuff? Did they put a gun against your head and force you to buy ships or something?

quote:

As a fellow Kickstarter backer myself, you of all people should be aware that we voted to extend the development longer to have a AAAA game. Already leaving? Fine, but do not even think 6 years is enough time to get a reasonable blockbuster game out. Do not even think it, really and speak for yourself in regards to, CIG Cheating us. You are not forced to buy the more expensive packages, even if all the ship artists left the company it will not make the game release faster. A game of this magnitude will not be enough in 6 years or even the next couple years to be honest because it has never been done before. Also, you have a roadmap to see what is coming which is something we never got a couple years ago, be glad we at least have that. Ever realize why publishers do not release games till a year off from release, because of people like you! You know this, bye bye.

quote:

He's in The Corporation. They're just a bunch of trolls being run by Goonswarm.

quote:

Stop reading something awful and del boy's stuff.

quote:

Some people live in mommy and daddy's basement and grind 10 hours a day to earn in game assets, and others get their asses out of bed and work hard 10 hours a day and financially support the game and are rewarded in game assets. What's the difference? People who work for a living are not only supporting the development of this game, but supporting their local school system, and their local and federal government by paying taxes. There is no end game in SC, so there is no pay to win, so just stop with the cheating bullshit.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

monkeytek posted:

I was more thinking as long as you have roughly 3 Tons of fuel (canned beans) and a sufficient oxygen supply you could sustain an acceleration greater than that of a solar sail. Imagine reaching the stars... citizen!

This would be impractical unless your butthole were gimbaled FYI

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
For anyone ..Gorf... concerned about Chris's whereabouts and absence from around the verse, fear not . He has been in the uk taking care of business. After dispensing with the tiresome shylock from Coutts with a firm kick up the backside and dusting of the hands . Chris then locked himself in a room with 3 keyboards and 5 4k moniters. He put on a CD of Jean Michelle jarres oxygen and sank into a code trance. His fingers dancing across the keyboards like quicksilver.
Sc is saved and he has re written the engine from ground up and implemented most of the game mechanics

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It really is loving remarkable how many brains this game has broken without even launching.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

You also need a counter force from the opposite direction to arrest the rotation. e.g. You need projectile vomiting.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It's almost as if it dawned on them that they can't keep buying the more and more expensive ships ensuring they are on top of the heap in this tread mill of a P2W game, so are now outraged by the "shady" practices. Hello you were ok with spending $4000 up to this point why the change?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beet Wagon posted:

It really is loving remarkable how many computers this game has broken without even launching.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

EightAce posted:

For anyone ..Gorf... concerned about Chris's whereabouts and absence from around the verse, fear not . He has been in the uk taking care of business. After dispensing with the tiresome shylock from Coutts with a firm kick up the backside and dusting of the hands . Chris then locked himself in a room with 3 keyboards and 5 4k moniters. He put on a CD of Jean Michelle jarres oxygen and sank into a code trance. His fingers dancing across the keyboards like quicksilver.
Sc is saved and he has re written the engine from ground up and implemented most of the game mechanics

Doors?

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

Yours isn't?

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Hav posted:

It’s polarizing, and provides opportunities for troll and nutter alike. To be honest, given the deaths resulting from swatting, it’s past due to start a zero tolerance approach towards anonymous toxic behavior, but there’s a bit of cover for being an idiot online from high places.

There are parallels in all spheres of life; the toxic minority IS a minority, but stop loving covering for it. Stop explaining it away as ‘part of the culture’ and wonder why girls stay the gently caress away.

Alternatively, maybe cops shouldn't execute people based on phone calls?

Also this happened with John Crawford, in a Wal-Mart.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

monkeytek posted:

Yours isn't?

Actually with some fairly straightforward surgery the colon could be connected to the urethra and - Wait, we're still about 9 pages away from the 4th Stimpire page.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

tuo posted:

Doors?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

hopefully he will use some of his refund on an enter key

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Evil_Greven posted:

Alternatively, maybe cops shouldn't execute people based on phone calls?

Also this happened with John Crawford, in a Wal-Mart.

In cases of swatting, the most dangerous ones are when someone calls in police on a fps (CoD-type) player.

If the call sounds credible, caller ID checks out and the police respond to a house and then they hear "gunfire" coming from the gamer who is playing on the flatscreen with the volume cranked up, it makes the call much tougher for a dynamic entry vs a more cautious approach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

monkeytek posted:

Yours isn't?

:tutbutt:
that's how I shitpost sideways