Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

albany academy posted:

Ontario: well there's nothing in the rules saying a doug *can't* be premier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Reality Loser posted:

Can Ford undo the hydro one sale

I think he would have to in order to fire the CEO, so...

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Liberials are the definition of the dumbass "Socially Liberial, Fiscally Conservative".

This province voted to directly make people like me poorer. Next time some Ford Voter bitches about bat costumer service, that's karma.

Oh yea, OPG bills are just going to go up, but somehow that will be the fault of environmentalists or something for preventing coal plans from being opened or something. I'm sure the Sun will stop bitching about the salaries of OPG employees suddenly.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Dukemont posted:

never forget, the blame lies square on liberal voters this election

Nah, going to blame PC voters just as much for effectively voting for a fat unqualified dipship because he might lower taxes or get them cheaper beer.

Never not blame cons. Libs can be dipshits too, dont get me wrong.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Well Davenport went decisively orange this time. Marit Stiles got more votes than all the other candidates combined.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

Welcome to the Populist wave. I'm truly sorry. No snark, just sympathy. I lived through the Klein years, and I'm sure we can make it through the Ford regime. I just hope he's ineffectual, at least.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Kill all boomers

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

flashy_mcflash posted:

Well Davenport went decisively orange this time. Marit Stiles got more votes than all the other candidates combined.

Yea my riding the Dipper got 2x the vote that the Lib incumbant got, and if you added the Con and the Libertarian (lol) candidate you'd still not beat her. Still only 1/3rd of possible voters here voted.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Boomer The Cannon posted:

He already did, and just got loving elected.

Not really. He hasn't even served a day. Like again I know this sub forum loves to exaggerate thing a lot but I'm talking like real stuff when it happens. Endless bad and baleful full throttle racist policy being enacted and sanctioned stuff, not just antics and beer fests.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
My riding elected a cool NDP candidate anyway so my parents will get to enjoy that except my dad is a hardcore liberal voter lol

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Agnosticnixie posted:

Like pretending that the libs aren't a part of the right is why we always have morons repeatingthe "vote liberal tactically" mantra even though the federal government is basically just a bad toupee away from being Harper's third term.

The Ontario Liberals are and were way better than the federal ones actually. They're just a little too deep into selling public assets and buying elections with terrible policies.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Also like, hnestly the takes about how we just have the start of the populist right wave are silly when Harper literally just got out of two terms in power and Doug's brother was mayor of Toronto until he keeled over from cancer

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

eXXon posted:

The Ontario Liberals are and were way better than the federal ones actually. They're just a little too deep into selling public assets and buying elections with terrible policies.

They gave me the first real raise in my entire life, so I'll give them props for that.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

apatheticman posted:

Kill all boomers
There are lots of millennials celebrating “a vote for fee speech in universities and schools”.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Agnosticnixie posted:

Also like, hnestly the takes about how we just have the start of the populist right wave are silly when Harper literally just got out of two terms in power and Doug's brother was mayor of Toronto until he keeled over from cancer

For all Harper's faults you can't really call him a populist. If anything he kept the populists bottled up most of the time, and when he tried to unleash some populism in 2015 with things like the barbaric cultural practices hotline it failed hard

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Agnosticnixie posted:

It's the myth that we follow behind American politics, like we're them with a delay.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mr. Apollo posted:

There are lots of millennials celebrating “a vote for fee speech in universities and schools”.

Yeah, pretending like there isn't an entirely new crop of shitheads coming up is just going to lead to more disappointment in the future.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

What the gently caress Ontario, what the gently caress.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Mr. Apollo posted:

Any volunteers to test the limit of that by teaching sex ed?

Grammar-Bolshevik
Oct 12, 2017

Mr. Apollo posted:

Unfortunately campus idpol helped swell the ranks of those millennials

Now we're hosed.

Grammar-Bolshevik fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jun 8, 2018

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

prom candy posted:

No not like that. We just want to be able to say racist things without people calling us racist.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Yeah this is the reactions thread isn't it. He who has the most over the top doom saying reaction wins the evening. Like I think the guys gonna be good but I'll never understand the internet over the top sky is falling reaction thing.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

eXXon posted:

That's a worse take than the people right now telling wynne it's not her, it's us. The liberals we used to have were cautious and feared losing enough to not brazenly sell things off and actually provide us some value. The ones we had now were soft and arrogant, like genghis khan's grandkids. Plus Trudeau bought a fuckin oil pipeline just so he double the size and sell it. Terrible take. Drink some water.

Libs still leading or won 8 seats, Wynne looks good but 3 out of 5 others are in the low hundreds. We can do this COME ON

TOMMY PROVOLONE
Jul 30, 2014

I am the sun. The moon.

It is no surprise that the town responsible for this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5dhhT4YWn8 voted PC.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

prom candy posted:

It's cool because then you can say that any criticism of what you're saying is a breach of free speech.

Oh wait no this doesn't apply to things that hurt tory feefees.

Also crossing fingers hard for the libs to suffer like Ahab, dying as they manage to harpoon something better and greater than them to death out of petty revenge.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

prom candy posted:

The sex ed thing seems to be a huge issue in certain communities. I know a several people who are all first gen Canadians whose parents came from south east Asia and they all voted for Ford specifically to stop the sex ed.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Mr. Apollo posted:

They are complicit.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Dont blame me, I voted for the handsome young man from the popcorn box.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Oh cool

https://twitter.com/goldsbie/status/1004909595821838341

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Kale posted:

Yeah this is the reactions thread isn't it. He who has the most over the top doom saying reaction wins the evening. Like I think the guys gonna be good but I'll never understand the internet over the top sky is falling reaction thing.

As someone who has been familiar with the Fords and their history in office for more than eight years, you are an absolute goddamn moron.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The only thing that would bring me any satisfaction tonight would be the Liberals losing official party status.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Kale posted:

Like I think the guys gonna be good but I'll never understand the internet over the top sky is falling reaction thing.

Depends on who you are. Like, a lot of us will be fine because we're rich old millennial white people but that doesn't mean that a whole lot of us will be negatively affected in big ways.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Kale posted:

Premier Mike Harris is not that distant of a memory in Ontario.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Lobok posted:

Premier Mike Harris is not that distant of a memory in Ontario.

his son won a seat this election ugh

Grammar-Bolshevik
Oct 12, 2017

Kale posted:

I'm going to miss the LCBO, bitch.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Mr. Apollo posted:

The sex ed thing seems to be a huge issue in certain communities. I know a several people who are all first gen Canadians whose parents came from south east Asia and they all voted for Ford specifically to stop the sex ed.

what's that barbaric cultural practices number again

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Furnaceface posted:

The only thing that would bring me any satisfaction tonight would be the Liberals losing official party status.

this is actually the best possible outcome

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I HATE HATE HATE how he keeps saying "my friends"

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Mr. Apollo posted:

Was this even a significant part of PC platform, or is it just dipshits assuming cons will be the party for their stupid shithead ways?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Grammar-Bolshevik posted:

I'm going to miss the LCBO.

everyone says they want to get rid of it until they see how much money it contributes to the Ontario coffers