Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crazyivan45
Apr 30, 2008
I’m fully anticipating my only exchange option this year being a $900/mo premium, $10,000 deductible plan that’s only accepted by a few doctors that all must be within 60 miles of Memphis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hot Karl Marx posted:

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1004869602193608704?s=19

Hope all you guys got insurance through work/military or are extremely healthy

Uh didn't this literally go to the supreme court and get ruled constitutional?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

Uh didn't this literally go to the supreme court and get ruled constitutional?

It did but their argument is that since it's been zeroed out by executive order it doesn't fall into the same criteria used by Roberts to justify it as a tax last time. And since the mandate is thus unconstitutional, the rest of the ACA has to go as well.

Millions are going to lose access to healthcare and people still think voting is a waste of time and a sucker's game. Cool cool cool cool cool

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
So shouldn't the argument be that the EO was unconstitutional and not the law? Wtf

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

crazyivan45 posted:

I’m fully anticipating my only exchange option this year being a $900/mo premium, $10,000 deductible plan that’s only accepted by a few doctors that all must be within 60 miles of Memphis

Do what I did.

Leave Memphis.

I promise you life is better outside of the midsouth.

I only have VA health care. I must be suicidal.

crazyivan45
Apr 30, 2008
I don’t mind living in Memphis. It’s got its many flaws but I like having good riding roads within 20 minutes of my house in any direction. I’ve got a non compliant plan that’s $84/mo, but it’s got a $5k deductible and 10k oop. Still ~$250/mo cheaper than the cheapest similar compliant plan on the exchange last year. But gently caress I need to get a job with benefits

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
G-7 DOESN’T NEED U.S., ‘WE DON’T MIND BEING 6’

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

We should start a commodities market for organs. I'm sure the Fed would write a bond for startup money.

Repo reboot looking good?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

crazyivan45 posted:

I don’t mind living in Memphis. It’s got its many flaws but I like having good riding roads within 20 minutes of my house in any direction. I’ve got a non compliant plan that’s $84/mo, but it’s got a $5k deductible and 10k oop. Still ~$250/mo cheaper than the cheapest similar compliant plan on the exchange last year. But gently caress I need to get a job with benefits

Wanna be a machinist? Place I work will pay you full time + bennies to go to school for free for three years, its a sweet fuckin deal and was my ticket to a soft office life as an industrial controls technician.

https://twitter.com/SCWorksPeeDee/status/1003694668679401472?s=20

Cons: South Carolina

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

MA-Horus posted:

Eh we have an election here in Ontario today and there's a good chance the NDP (Socialsts) will get into power

mainly because everyone hates the current Liberal government and the leader of the Progressive Conservative party is Doug Ford, AKA Dougie Hashpipe, AKA Idiot brother of Crack Mayor Rob "Bumbaclot" Ford (RIP)

lol, welp.

https://twitter.com/CBCToronto/status/1004896344090271745

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

Fuckin' for real?

I thought Canada was smart.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Crack Mayor's dumber brother has a goddamn majority government.

This is what we deserve. The man who campaigned on buck a beer and literally stuff he doesn't have the power to do.

Chaos reigns.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

dubzee posted:

Fuckin' for real?

I thought Canada was smart.

dude they elected Steve Harper three times

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

HA. Fair point.

Pretend I posted harper/beiber.jpeg

Too drunk to deal with imgur atm.

Nothing Matters.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

electing judges is flawed but using democracy to fire shithead judges isn't its failing

Viva Miriya posted:

follow it up with a cumshot chaser tia

Dozens of studies show your wrong but hey your feels I guess.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Jarmak posted:

Dozens of studies show your wrong but hey your feels I guess.

Link me some academic bullshit then you rape apologist lmao. gently caress you.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

"Progressive Conservatives"

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Viva Miriya posted:

:hmmyes:

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Viva Miriya posted:

I literally linked a twitter thread by a respected progressive criminal justice reform activist that consisted of a chain of linked studies.

How dare you call me a rape apologist you worthless piece of poo poo, how many survivors have you worked with? Almost every important woman and my life has dealt with an incident similar to this and quite a few more have sought me out for help getting help because they thought a combat vet would understand PTSD. Your mob justice accomplishes nothing and creates more victims so you can feel better you selfish twat. gently caress you and everything you stand for.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Lol

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Listen guys if we antagonize the people who drop the hammer on poor/minorities and hi5 rich white dudes while they're going out the door, they'll do the stuff they're already doing!!!!1!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Jarmak posted:

I literally linked a twitter thread by a respected progressive criminal justice reform activist that consisted of a chain of linked studies.

How dare you call me a rape apologist you worthless piece of poo poo, how many survivors have you worked with? Almost every important woman and my life has dealt with an incident similar to this and quite a few more have sought me out for help getting help because they thought a combat vet would understand PTSD. Your mob justice accomplishes nothing and creates more victims so you can feel better you selfish twat. gently caress you and everything you stand for.

Sir, this is a Culver’s drive-thru.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Honestly I feel bad that you thought I'd ever click on some random Twitter link ITT. However you did actually post some real Academic Bullshit so I take back my words.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

gently caress.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

What the h*ck is a progressive conservative those words mean the exact opposite.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Everyone chill the gently caress out. This whole thing with Brock is a huge issue ethically, legally, and emotionally.

IOTW You're all assholes

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Listen guys if we antagonize the people who drop the hammer on poor/minorities and hi5 rich white dudes while they're going out the door, they'll do the stuff they're already doing!!!!1!

Literally yes, it antagonizes the problem. Elected judges feeling electoral pressure to be tough on crime give out even harsher sentences disproportionately to minorities. Excessive sentences are not a binary issue, they can be more or less excessive.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Okay I literally went from murderous rage to laughing

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I feel slightly better about the Canada thing now that I realize its a provincial election and he isn't the new PM

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

What the h*ck is a progressive conservative those words mean the exact opposite.

It means LOW TAXES JOB CREATORS RESPECT THE TAX PAYER BUCK A BEER CHEAP GAS CHEAP HYDRO NO SEX ED gently caress THE UNIONS

god this is gonna be a hard 4 years.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Way to show your regional bias.
Yes, I'll have a butter burger and custard.

Jarmak posted:

Okay I literally went from murderous rage to laughing

I think this is why GiP is great, we can really hate each other but also enjoy a good laugh.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

shame on an IGA posted:

I feel slightly better about the Canada thing now that I realize its a provincial election and he isn't the new PM

The next PM will be a conservative, trump has brought all the chuds from their basements here as well

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

goddamn now i want a butter burger

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

A progressive conservative buys you a really nice bondage collar.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Hexyflexy posted:

A progressive conservative buys you a really nice bondage collar.

LOL no those are the most ultra conservative

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Hey, you know what we can all agree on?

gently caress ICE.

https://twitter.com/pbump/status/1004910769085878273

Goddamn murderers.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Doesn’t care who you gently caress as long as you’re a wage slave.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Can't wait for the Trump tweet in response to this

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Hey, you know what we can all agree on?

gently caress ICE.

https://twitter.com/pbump/status/1004910769085878273

Goddamn murderers.

Jesus.

It's really awesome that America is murdering innocents again. Thought we only did that with uavs

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

GoGoGadget posted:

Can't wait for the Trump tweet in response to this

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1004846478253273088

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1004871827406061573

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1004909785547001856

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Allies are basically finding out now that Trump has been consistent on trade since the 1980s and there's no amount of flattery that will make him stop from doing dumb poo poo on trade.

Gotta say though, going after allied countries and not going after China is sure a novel approach.

• Locked thread