Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Average Bear posted:

For anyone who wants to help:

idk what vgreetings is but its probably that or vampiric embrace or hunger or something

i have no idea why youd ever run vampire mods but :shrug: they're incompatible as gently caress and make everything wonky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Average Bear posted:

I was seriously about to reinstall this. Is it still as fun as I remember

Probably. To me, it feels like the perfect end of the Nerevarine's story: after facing down Hircine, the prophesied hero gets super baked and has one more adventure, just as elaborate as their earlier quests. It's a nice way to relax.

I've been thinking of making a Tamriel Rebuilt compatibility patch, because one final zone was placed way far to the east to be off the (visible) worldmap ... but it's actually not far enough east to get past where TR's built up land.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

idk what vgreetings is but its probably that or vampiric embrace or hunger or something

i have no idea why youd ever run vampire mods but :shrug: they're incompatible as gently caress and make everything wonky

Because punching people to amass a slave army is fun

But I know its not Embrace/Hunger or Vgreetings. VGreetings just enables voice files that went unused.

I have a hunch its the Twin Lamps mod and I'm about to find out if my hunch is correct.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45756

youre welcome, folks (sotha sil expanded patch to make it less frustrating imo)

Average Bear posted:

Because punching people to amass a slave army is fun

But I know its not Embrace/Hunger or Vgreetings. VGreetings just enables voice files that went unused.

I have a hunch its the Twin Lamps mod and I'm about to find out if my hunch is correct.

i think its antares big mod

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Fuuuck yes dude I was excited for this when you mentioned it months back. Now I can complete tribunal without quitting the game

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

Average Bear posted:

What mod causes this greeting dialogue with EVERY CAT IN THE GAME

Vampire is my class name btw because that's what this playthrough is and I couldn't think of a name. Also my PC is male

That's from LGNPC NoLore.

Yer a vampire Harry. (This thing could use a filter for gender and NPC faction though, alright.)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Average Bear posted:

I was seriously about to reinstall this. Is it still as fun as I remember

It is more fun, and the author more handsome

Vavrek posted:

I've been thinking of making a Tamriel Rebuilt compatibility patch, because one final zone was placed way far to the east to be off the (visible) worldmap ... but it's actually not far enough east to get past where TR's built up land.
Ha, gently caress. I made it as far out as I could before the game started bugging out but I'm assuming that's no longer an issue with the code patch (they fixed it for TR itself I think?) Go ahead and I'll add it to the mod's Nexus page :)

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Jun 6, 2018

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Ha, gently caress. I made it as far out as I could before the game started bugging out but I'm assuming that's no longer an issue with the code patch (they fixed it for TR itself I think?) Go ahead and I'll add it to the mod's Nexus page :)

Noted! I also had a Rise of House Telvanni compatibility patch in mind, because there's a dude hangin' in the Caldera Mages Guild and RoHT has you optionally destroy those. I was aware of that as an early part of that mod (and I'm not sure if the tower is inaccessible later on, actually—I think Caldera's relatively spared), so I did Muffinwind first ... at far too low a level, before I had touched the Tribunal or Bloodmoon main quests. It was a thing. :stare:

It was also disorienting because one of the recurring NPCs had my face, and wore one of my favorite sets of armor (the Imperial Templar set) and I kept having to remind myself it was a coincidence, not something scripted around what the PC looks like.

Well, I guess it's time to start building a mod list again, and see about using ModOrganizer this time instead of along with hand-curating my texture replacements.

edit: Okay, yeah, the RoHT patch is unneeded. They didn't trash the guildhall like they did the others, they just violently cut off Caldera from all fast-travel.

Vavrek fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jun 6, 2018

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
It's legit so loving cool how heavily Morrowind is still being actively modded these days

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

What are some of the best mods that are "stock-alike", as in, they add story but don't feel like fanfic in terms of dialogue style and quest quality. Tamriel Rebuilt feels pretty natural right? What about other ones?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Tamriel Rebuilt is the huge one, yeah. The entire Uviriths Legacy line is fantastic.

Rise of house Telvanni has some good ones but there is one part that is notoriously fanficy. You can get right past it and ignore it though.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
    alright I only want a few things out of morrowind
  1. some kinda mod that fixes broken quests and other bugs like that
  2. madd leveler + some kinda hp mod so the lower levels aren't slaved to endurance and I don't have to gently caress around trying to get x5s
  3. something to delay dark brotherhood attacks to a reasonable point
  4. The official addons
  5. couple little mods maybe.

I had
patch for purists,
Madd leveler,
Talrivians State Based HP,
Delayed DB attacks,
Illys solsteim rumor fix,
royal game of ur,
the addons,
and bloated caves

This was all fine but it turns out patch for purists seems to break madd leveler and this is a huge pain in the rear end and sucks. The only reason I wanted P4P is because I ran into a quest that acted like I failed when I actually succeeded correctly.

any advice?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

still laughing at this

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Turns out it was some kind of extremely weird glitch where I had to run the restart script for madd, even though it was a fresh install, and even though it seemed to be initializing correctly. Arcane.

anybody know a mod that just automatically sets the barter thing to give you the best price for your skill / disposition ?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Just FYI some options in MCP break leveling mods.

simmering
Nov 12, 2017

Average Bear posted:

Tamriel Rebuilt is the huge one, yeah. The entire Uviriths Legacy line is fantastic.

Rise of house Telvanni has some good ones but there is one part that is notoriously fanficy. You can get right past it and ignore it though.

Iirc the modder who made Uvirith’s Legacy posts here and said she's thinking on making an updated roht-Uvirith’s Legacy patch that edits some of the quests to be less fanficy. I can't remember if that was just an idea or something she's starting working on though, but it might be worth waiting till that's out to start ul or roht.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

SniperWoreConverse posted:

alright I only want a few things out of morrowind
  1. some kinda mod that fixes broken quests and other bugs like that
  2. madd leveler + some kinda hp mod so the lower levels aren't slaved to endurance and I don't have to gently caress around trying to get x5s
  3. something to delay dark brotherhood attacks to a reasonable point
  4. The official addons
  5. couple little mods maybe.

I had
patch for purists,
Madd leveler,
Talrivians State Based HP,
Delayed DB attacks,
Illys solsteim rumor fix,
royal game of ur,
the addons,
and bloated caves

This was all fine but it turns out patch for purists seems to break madd leveler and this is a huge pain in the rear end and sucks. The only reason I wanted P4P is because I ran into a quest that acted like I failed when I actually succeeded correctly.

any advice?

heres some advice, the official addons suck rear end

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

heres some advice, the official addons suck rear end

swamp bug noises + kill a million skeletons are actually great

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
IMO they're worth chucking in there, except the tit armor is pretty worthless

I kind of like how the armor is pretty unisex except if you have the tit add-on or tribunal

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I've been meaning to make a list of all the mods that enhance the official add-ons, like the Propylon mod.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Entertainers: I don't think I've actually ever made use of it in a playthrough.
Bitter Coast Sounds: unobtrusive ambience mod, cool.
Area Effect Arrows: overpowered fun.
Helm of Tohan: a short dungeon to get the best enchantment fodder? cool.
Master Index: it makes the propylon indexes actually handy.
LeFemm Armor: cringeful title, cringeful armors.
Adamantium Armor: largely redundant if you have Tribunal (and who doesn't nowadays?)
Siege at Firemoth: a ridiculous but fun dungeon romp.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Speaking of the official add ons, the bittercoast one is great but actually is there something that replaces the bug sounds with higher quality ones? Im starting to notice how artificial/old it sounds. Hell, couldn't i just replace the included sound files with my own and have it work?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I think adamantium gives access to armor even if you never go to the mainland. You can at least buy it and I think there's a couple places you can just swing buy and grab it? Iirc it's actually kinda cheap to put together like half a suit at super low levels even if you gotta buy it and not loot it.

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Adamantium looks like rear end so it's always going to be a non-starter for me. If I'm playing a warrior type I'll always be Redoran so in the mid to late game/when I become grandmaster I'll mod in some Bonemold armour and give it the armour rating of a better armour.

Medium armour's poo poo anyway. You might as well look good wearing it.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

i never mod the armor values cause the games easy enough as is also bonemold all the way

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

wait people actually wear armor sets instead of just mishmashing the best stuff they can find

wtf you're morrowind-ing wrong

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Berke Negri posted:

i never mod the armor values cause the games easy enough as is also bonemold all the way

You're right but it's still nice to get a sense of progression from better loot.

Whoever did the itemization in Morrowind had a major hard-on for Heavy Armour.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Entropy238 posted:

You're right but it's still nice to get a sense of progression from better loot.

Whoever did the itemization in Morrowind had a major hard-on for Heavy Armour.

Eh, only Ebony and Daedric are markedly better than the others, and they're way to heavy to be practical.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Robe of constant effect bound armor is where it's at.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

ItBreathes posted:

Eh, only Ebony and Daedric are markedly better than the others, and they're way to heavy to be practical.

That sounds like quitter talk. If you can't bench press the Ministry of Truth why are you even bothering.

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

ItBreathes posted:

In terms of uniques/artifacts the balance of the good stuff is very heavily slated towards heavy, with a few notable exceptions e.g. cuirass of the saviour's hide, ebony mail, Boots of Blinding speed. Stuff like the Fists of Randagulf, Helm of Oreyn Bearclaw, Wraithguard, Eleidons Ward, Daedric Tower Shields, Therana's Daedric armour, Lord's Mail, Dragonbone Cuirass etc ...

And the strength thing isn't really an issue at all with the higher enchantment capacity.

None of this matters anyway because the game's so easy that ultimately any playstyle is viable and Morrowind's balance is hosed. I always thought though that the stronger the AR the less powerful the enchantments should be to balance out the choices a bit, or at least put in some better light/medium uniques.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

boots of blinding speed suck, it's all about boots of the apostle

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

My personal medium armor mod makes it have higher enchantment value which means it's a viable endgame armor.

Maybe I'll release it lol

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?

simmering posted:

Iirc the modder who made Uvirith’s Legacy posts here and said she's thinking on making an updated roht-Uvirith’s Legacy patch that edits some of the quests to be less fanficy. I can't remember if that was just an idea or something she's starting working on though, but it might be worth waiting till that's out to start ul or roht.

I'll work on the RoHT patch sometime after I hand the UL 4 beta off to testers, which if we're lucky might be by the end of this year.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

wait people actually wear armor sets instead of just mishmashing the best stuff they can find

wtf you're morrowind-ing wrong

I think you've confused MW with a game where AR actually matters. Just lol if you don't levitate above the enemy throwing fireballs and look rad as hell while doing it.

I'll also allow running around nearly nekkid with a spear.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Just bought 3000 USD worth of computer parts and I'm still just going to play Morrowind, AMA.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Feh, armor? My gleaming pecs have more AR than the heaviest of that gaudy crap.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

At higher levels I just dump all armor except for a few choice artifact pieces and just wear an understated black robe and gondolier's hat. It is more than sufficient.

So I just installed OpenMW to give it a shot. I have the steam version of MW. I tried to import the data files from that installation, but when I run the game, it says it's missing "Flora glow.bsa". I found this thread: https://forum.openmw.org/viewtopic.php?t=2088 but it doesn't help. My load order is correct, I downloaded a clean install of MW (without cloud settings), how do I solve this?

E: NM, I got it, I deleted the ini file and completely reinstalled openmw and it worked. Now I need to get Tamriel Rebuilt to work with it too.

Shibawanko fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Jun 9, 2018

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Shibawanko posted:

So I just installed OpenMW to give it a shot. Now I need to get Tamriel Rebuilt to work with it too.

OpenMW is fun and good, I've been fooling around with the Steam edition on Windows, and now on MacOS by literally copy pasting the data files, but only in its vanilla state. OpenMW can handle modding in a real cool way, though, which you can read about here. No overwriting, no installer, you just throw the mod into a folder and specify the path in the configuration file, then load it through OpenMW, quick and clean. I'm still trying to find a more comprehensive list of mods, but here's somebody's much older "stable" list, as well as a potentially unstable, but larger, list. It's no MGSO, by any stretch, but the bulk of those mods remain incompatible with OpenMW's engine.

I might give this a shot, myself; but, I'd prefer to use a light loadout, since I've never had much luck getting into heavily modded runs, anyway.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Jeff Goldblum posted:

OpenMW is fun and good, I've been fooling around with the Steam edition on Windows, and now on MacOS by literally copy pasting the data files, but only in its vanilla state. OpenMW can handle modding in a real cool way, though, which you can read about here. No overwriting, no installer, you just throw the mod into a folder and specify the path in the configuration file, then load it through OpenMW, quick and clean. I'm still trying to find a more comprehensive list of mods, but here's somebody's much older "stable" list, as well as a potentially unstable, but larger, list. It's no MGSO, by any stretch, but the bulk of those mods remain incompatible with OpenMW's engine.

I might give this a shot, myself; but, I'd prefer to use a light loadout, since I've never had much luck getting into heavily modded runs, anyway.

What I want from the game is just slightly enhanced vanilla graphics and quality of life stuff (like no dark brotherhood bullshit at low levels) plus Tamriel Rebuilt. I don't need extremely fancy graphics because I like the game as it is, maybe I'd like slightly father view distance or maybe slightly higher res versions of the vanilla textures.

I'm still having problems though. I managed to load the game with TR apparently working, but the dark brotherhood assasin appeared and he was just a mass of yellow exclamation marks. I have no idea what's going on but I suspect my Morrowind.ini is still busted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Shibawanko posted:

What I want from the game is just slightly enhanced vanilla graphics and quality of life stuff (like no dark brotherhood bullshit at low levels) plus Tamriel Rebuilt. I don't need extremely fancy graphics because I like the game as it is, maybe I'd like slightly father view distance or maybe slightly higher res versions of the vanilla textures.

I'm still having problems though. I managed to load the game with TR apparently working, but the dark brotherhood assasin appeared and he was just a mass of yellow exclamation marks. I have no idea what's going on but I suspect my Morrowind.ini is still busted.

That sounds like you don't have the Tribunal bsa registered properly in your ini.