Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They really have nothing if the ghost of crackdown is gonna haunt another show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
FWIW I like my Xbox one x way more than my PS4 pro and I originally hated the Xbox one

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ok

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Empress Brosephine posted:

FWIW I like my Xbox one x way more than my PS4 pro and I originally hated the Xbox one

and what games do you play on it

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

What are the odds they are delaying it again so they can put in a BR mode?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

they are going to delay it again so it can be an xbox 2 launch title

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Awesome! posted:

they are going to delay it again so it can be an xbox 2 launch title

I honestly am assuming this. Multiplatform, Bone and Bwo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hanyolo posted:

What are the odds they are delaying it again so they can put in a BR mode?

Given that we havent seen more than a tech demo of the multiplayer id say its cause the multiplayer is a flaming shitstorm nobody can fix

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Given that we havent seen more than a tech demo of the multiplayer id say its cause the multiplayer is a flaming shitstorm nobody can fix

I dont get why it has any multiplayer other than co-op.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

I dont get why it has any multiplayer other than co-op.

Head in the clouds

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

oh right have we heard a single thing about the cloud based multiplayer poo poo in the last... 3 years?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Empress Brosephine posted:

Same. Just sold my ps4 pro.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Why is it so difficult to understand that people want the best looking and performing games more than a few exclusives that they don't care about? Here's what I've played lately:

RS Siege
Cities Skylines
NBA 2k18
Far Cry 5
Ghost Recon Wildlands
BF1
Forza Horizon 3
AC Origins

All X enhanced, all look great.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Why is it so difficult to understand that people want the best looking and performing games

it's not, it's why I own a PC instead of a bad console

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
They took a year off to find a new buzzword to pin the special sauce on after The Cloud died in 2016. Now your buildings and graphics will get a boost from

*examines clipboard closely*

A blocked chain

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Awesome! posted:

oh right have we heard a single thing about the cloud based multiplayer poo poo in the last... 3 years?

It all sort of fell apart once people started pointing out that using the power of The Cloud for the psychics in your multiplayer game was a bad idea because some people have bad internet which means the game would be a stuttering disaster whilst it tried to figure out how a building blew up.

Then they said that multiplayer wouldn't have the cloud based destruction thing and it would only be for single player.

Then they had a 2 minute long teaser trailer with Terry Crews that showed zero gameplay footage.

Now it's delayed until next year at which point it will probably be cancelled.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Awesome! posted:

The only footage ever is the initial reveal, an over the shoulder dev diary look at like someone shooting barrels at gamescom, and the same dev diary footage recut and shown again at a later e3

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

spudsbuckley posted:

It all sort of fell apart once people started pointing out that using the power of The Cloud for the psychics in your multiplayer game was a bad idea because some people have bad internet which means the game would be a stuttering disaster whilst it tried to figure out how a building blew up.

Then they said that multiplayer wouldn't have the cloud based destruction thing and it would only be for single player.

Then they had a 2 minute long teaser trailer with Terry Crews that showed zero gameplay footage.

Now it's delayed until next year at which point it will probably be cancelled.

The second paragraph is false. The opposite is true, spuds my man

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

it's not, it's why I own a PC instead of a bad console

I have a 1080ti PC and a 1060 laptop. Still prefer xbox because PCs require too much troubleshooting.

this is where you say your PC never has issues and my eyeballs roll out of their sockets

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

PCs require too much troubleshooting

oh, now i see why you use an xbox

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I sit at a desk for work so I totes don’t want to sit at a desk for another 1-3 hours when I get home and want to play shooty mans.

I like my One X. I also like my PS4 and it’s VR.

They offer different things but my Xbox has my friends.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I miss playing Bad Company 2 on 360. That was the only xbox game I really friended up with, otherwise everyone I know has always played on Playstation. Bunch of my irl buddies had it and I played a bunch With Beastie. That game owned so hard.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

veni veni veni posted:

I miss playing Bad Company 2 on 360. That was the only xbox game I really friended up with, otherwise everyone I know has always played on Playstation. Bunch of my irl buddies had it and I played a bunch With Beastie. That game owned so hard.

i have bad company 2 on my xbox one and am absolutely down to play it whenever. last time i played a few months ago there were still a decent amount of people on, and it wasn't just a bunch of grognard poopsockers but instead a healthy mix of new and old players of various skill levels.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

China and I have hopped back into BF4 for a few days and the poopsockers are in full force.

I wish they had announced BC3 but it’s set in the Cold War or something.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

eh, forget making bc3, just throw out a bc2 remaster with better graphics and everything else untouched and i'd be happy.

e: actually maybe make the saiga and usas not a load of cheap horseshit and make helicopters realistically possible to shoot down.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jun 8, 2018

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i have bad company 2 on my xbox one and am absolutely down to play it whenever. last time i played a few months ago there were still a decent amount of people on, and it wasn't just a bunch of grognard poopsockers but instead a healthy mix of new and old players of various skill levels.

I had no idea it still had a player base. I might have to go grab a copy this weekend.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I dipped into 1943 for like 30 minutes but that was a nope.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I mean if you aren’t mainlining destiny as a single dad all week and bopping in castle crashers with the kid all weekend then I don’t even know what to tell you.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Beastie posted:

I like my One X. I also like my PS4 and it’s VR.

Didnt know you has PSVR. Lets play rec room together!!

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

e: actually maybe make the saiga and usas not a load of cheap horseshit and make helicopters realistically possible to shoot down.

gently caress u superhero medic 4 life.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

real superhero medics use the mg3

or just their defibrillator paddles

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Blind Rasputin posted:

I mean if you aren’t mainlining destiny as a single dad
bad decisions on top of bad decisions

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

real superhero medics use the mg3

or just their defibrillator paddles

USAS + sprint and body armor on Arica Harbor is life

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

counterpoint: usas and arica are both cancer

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

I have a 1080ti PC and a 1060 laptop. Still prefer xbox because PCs require too much troubleshooting.

this is where you say your PC never has issues and my eyeballs roll out of their sockets

:same:

i have a gtx 1080 pc and while i dont really have any major errors or troubleshooting with it, the simplicity of a small 8lbs box that plugs into your tv and launches 4k or near 4k resolution games in a matter of seconds after pressing the power button is also why i enjoy the xbox one x, the worlds most powerful console

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
What are you guys retarded

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Anyone itt leaving their 1080ti to rot because it's just too hard to click update driver or w/e, please send them to me tia.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
The only thing that makes me want to upgrade my PC nowadays is video editing.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

exquisite tea posted:

Anyone itt leaving their 1080ti to rot because it's just too hard to click update driver or w/e, please send them to me tia.

No screw that, keep them, let me just send you a tiny eth miner to run on your PC...

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".

Mung Dynasty posted:

:same:

i have a gtx 1080 pc and while i dont really have any major errors or troubleshooting with it, the simplicity of a small 8lbs box that plugs into your tv and launches 4k or near 4k resolution games in a matter of seconds after pressing the power button is also why i enjoy the xbox one x, the worlds most powerful console

Same but I use mine for VR mostly. I have my PC hooked to the TV and using big picture it's almost a console experience, but it seems like every game has some little idiosyncrasy (having to reconfigure the controller, mess with graphics options, etc). I usually find myself just reaching for the xbonx or playstation instead. First world problems :rolleyes:

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I haven’t owned a gaming PC in like 10 years. Is the 1080 still the best video card? I feel like I’ve heard about it a few years now I would have figured they’d come out with a new one to lust after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Blind Rasputin posted:

I haven’t owned a gaming PC in like 10 years. Is the 1080 still the best video card? I feel like I’ve heard about it a few years now I would have figured they’d come out with a new one to lust after.

I think the 1080Ti is the best of what is meant to be consumer-level, I forget if Nvidia has a Titan card above that currently. Nvidia apparently said it would be a while before new stuff got released.

And of course you can get multiple 1080Ti's for gaming/mining purposes too. :pcgaming: