Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
If you think it's ever been about the money, just lol

If somebody offered you $70 tickets to their Genocide, would your reaction be:

"That's too much, it should be less than that, maybe $40, because genocide is bad"

or

"I want to eliminate the genocide, because it's Bad"

(Read that again substituting "Destiny" for "Genocide", and you will understand)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Maybe at least don't make Holocaust and genocide jokes?

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

hey ICR if you're skimming this poo poo, feel free to use this fun jif in the OP

it's from this mp4 on the bungie home page right now since I dont think the forums can render a MP4 live.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Coughing Hobo posted:

What do you think the point of this thread is?

I thought the point of the thread was to talk about the game and not jerk off about how right you are about something that is not the gameplay, but i guess i'm a poo poo idiot bitch hell fucker, this won't be the first time i've come to that realization and if i'm honest with myself, it is extremely unlikely to be the last

ABOUT THE ACTUAL GAME, am I wrong for hating fusion rifles, like they put out a grip of damage but the charge time is obnoxious. Why can't I get a sniper rifles instead :(

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

RIP in Peace Destiny - "It used to be good"

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Elysiume posted:

As if this thread was ever readable

I, for one, am excited for another 5 pages of price talk

PopeCrunch posted:

ABOUT THE ACTUAL GAME, am I wrong for hating fusion rifles, like they put out a grip of damage but the charge time is obnoxious. Why can't I get a sniper rifles instead :(

Yeah. And with Darci and the Ikelos SR, some snipers are just better at this point.

You can theoretically top Darci/Ikelos SR's DPS with the Sleeper Simulant, but you need to land both the primary shot and all 5 refracted shots to do it. It's a viable option in some raids (Argos, for example, has a sweetspot where you can reliably hit the first shot and reflect 2-4 shots off the back wall), but it's super spotty in strikes or patrol zones.

RocketRaygun fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jun 8, 2018

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

RIP in Peace Destiny - "It used to be good"

yeah

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

If you think it's ever been about the money, just lol

If somebody offered you $70 tickets to their Genocide, would your reaction be:

"That's too much, it should be less than that, maybe $40, because genocide is bad"

or

"I want to eliminate the genocide, because it's Bad"

(Read that again substituting "Destiny" for "Genocide", and you will understand)

jesus christ

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
New This Week At Bungie. I've edited their Annual Pass image to helpfully clarify how much stuff costs

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

1stGear posted:

New This Week At Bungie. I've edited their Annual Pass image to helpfully clarify how much stuff costs

hm, so $80 eh?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

1stGear posted:

$43.30?

This content looks extremely good, tbh

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

AAB posted:

hm, so $80 eh?

gently caress

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

PopeCrunch posted:

I thought the point of the thread was to talk about the game and not jerk off about how right you are about something that is not the gameplay, but i guess i'm a poo poo idiot bitch hell fucker, this won't be the first time i've come to that realization and if i'm honest with myself, it is extremely unlikely to be the last

You naive fool

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
If y'all can't handle lovely posts maybe y'all shouldn't play a lovely game

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The point is to alternate between mania and depression toward the game

Current Mood - https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/8pakt4/dont_forget_bungie_does_a_good_job_of_making/

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Oh, they never really mentioned that the supers would be coming with new paths for each subclass until now did they

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

clone on the phone posted:

Not if I see you first, sport.

Played some more D2 last night. What’s with not being able to regen health when you have 5 renown? At least I think that’s what was happening.

Enemies drop a mini healing rift. You need to collect it.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
what's the deal with the supply caches in lost sectors now? they're useless right?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
They're great at knocking off some renown when you fist of havoc near one

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

AAB posted:

hey ICR if you're skimming this poo poo, feel free to use this fun jif in the OP

it's from this mp4 on the bungie home page right now since I dont think the forums can render a MP4 live.

Added to the OP, right at the top where it belongs.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

limaCAT posted:

Enemies drop a mini healing rift. You need to collect it.

Ah that’s good to know. I had not noticed anything different. I only did one lost sector though, just to see how much it rewarded. I’m not sure I have the stamina for 50 faction levels just for a catalyst.

clone on the phone fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jun 8, 2018

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Ah that’s good to know. I had not noticed anything different. I only did one lost sector though, just to see how much it rewarded. I’m not sure I have the stamina for 50 faction levels just for a catalyst.

You can just do like me lo and pledge the same faction three times and still fail miserably at collecting it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Hello thread! Been quite a few reports about this last night and reading the last five pages I can see why exactly.

We need to remember when posting that if we are criticising the Game/Developers for things we perceive as bad on a game you love, this is not an attack on you.
Likewise, if you think this game is the worst thing ever, talk about the game and NOT the people who love and play it. We tend to forget that here on the internet.

People who felt severely underwhelemed by the recent expansions being asked to pay for more in the promise that it will be good have every right to feel that way. Especially considering this is a sequel to a game that did that once before. they are most definitely allowed to voice reservations. What they should not do, is call out anyone who HAS enjoyed the recent expansions and is looking forward to the new one.

There is plenty to talk about without battling each other and I think we should not do that.

Thank you very much! :D And Continue the Hunt!

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

VideoGames posted:

Hello thread! Been quite a few reports about this last night and reading the last five pages I can see why exactly.

We need to remember when posting that if we are criticising the Game/Developers for things we perceive as bad on a game you love, this is not an attack on you.
Likewise, if you think this game is the worst thing ever, talk about the game and NOT the people who love and play it. We tend to forget that here on the internet.

People who felt severely underwhelemed by the recent expansions being asked to pay for more in the promise that it will be good have every right to feel that way. Especially considering this is a sequel to a game that did that once before. they are most definitely allowed to voice reservations. What they should not do, is call out anyone who HAS enjoyed the recent expansions and is looking forward to the new one.

There is plenty to talk about without battling each other and I think we should not do that.

Thank you very much! :D And Continue the Hunt!

Instead of giving probations give out big red titles that just say "$70"

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

limaCAT posted:

Instead of giving probations give out big red titles that just say "$70"

Wonderful idea!! :twisted:

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
I haven't seen this posted here. I would like a more in-depth article, but it's still a pretty interesting one: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/06/06/how-destiny-2-works/

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I was just thinking yesterday when zooming along the edz that it must be a disguised way to load new areas into memory (for consoles maybe) or to deal with making sure there are players where you're going. Pretty cool to learn more about it

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Judging from that article a lot of their technical issues were caused by mashing together the multiplayer spaces of MMOs and the immediacy of FPSes, but nobody really gives a poo poo about the wide-open multiplayer part (when people talk about the stuff they like, it's usually either the gunplay in general, or instanced/pvp content that doesn't need the complicated real-time zone-stitching that holds the open world locations together) so basically on a technical level they imposed a bunch of problems onto themselves for little benefit.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Xarbala posted:

Judging from that article a lot of their technical issues were caused by mashing together the multiplayer spaces of MMOs and the immediacy of FPSes, but nobody really gives a poo poo about the wide-open multiplayer part (when people talk about the stuff they like, it's usually either the gunplay in general, or instanced/pvp content that doesn't need the complicated real-time zone-stitching that holds the open world locations together) so basically on a technical level they imposed a bunch of problems onto themselves for little benefit.

Theres nothing wrong with Destiny architecture. The most important thing is that it works. You can seamslessly move around areas and meet people.

Well see how Atheist (or whatever is called the destiny clone) do this and if theres a better answer to this.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
I'm really excited for anthem. Wonder how hard it's gonna flop

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Tei posted:

Theres nothing wrong with Destiny architecture. The most important thing is that it works. You can seamslessly move around areas and meet people.

Well see how Atheist (or whatever is called the destiny clone) do this and if theres a better answer to this.

The fact that it works is great, but apparently every time they need to change some little thing in a zone it takes a day to load up the files? There has to be a better way to go about things, and it's not like it working actually adds very much to the game experience compared to more focused content.

That said,

QuasiQuack posted:

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Tei posted:

As they say above, I think they mean the architecture for the developers more than players

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

QuasiQuack posted:

I'm legit excited to see how hard it crashes and burns

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

If anthem isn't at least an andromeda-level disaster I'll be disappointed

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I’m the moron who is going to preorder Anthem day one. I love games like this. Destiny is an all-time fave of mine so anything even remotely close gets my buy-in.

With that said, I want it to be amazing and a go-to game but realistically, it’s going to be the end of BioWare because it has the EA seal of approval on it.

And that sucks because the first trailer for that game has me over-the-moon excited.

There’s a new trailer being unveiled at E3 on June 9th. We’ll see what happens. I just want to see what they’re learning from a game like this and Division and what they’re going to do differently.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Not if I see you first, sport.

Played some more D2 last night. What’s with not being able to regen health when you have 5 renown? At least I think that’s what was happening.

Apparently Bungie thinks turning the game into Gears of War but more boring makes for a fun challenge.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

VideoGames posted:

Just :lol:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Game good

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Xarbala posted:

If anthem isn't at least an andromeda-level disaster I'll be disappointed

I hope science manage to invent a cup of popcorn big enough for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Have they fixed areas being completely empty and having to keep jumping to hot spots until you see people there?

• Locked thread