Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Is he able to raise the dead now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I honestly wonder if a strike wouldn't end up being like at Mizzou, where they just immediately get what they want with a Sunday being football-free, because without them an enormously profitable industry would shutter overnight and everybody knows it

It will never end, correct. We have a Fox News grandpa as president and this is prime idpol for chuds so he's going to be exposed to it and given lines to puke up every single day for the next year at least

Good thing the owners all agreed to pull this dead horse back out into the sun for another round of beatings!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Donnie pardoned Jack Johnson & wants to pardon Muhammed Ali. I don't think he needs necromancy powers.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Donnie pardoned Jack Johnson & wants to pardon Muhammed Ali. I don't think he needs necromancy powers.

Yet all the people that were killed by the police are still dead.

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

pubic works project posted:

necromancy is evil

donald trump isn't evil

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

incompetent posted:

necromancy is evil

donald trump isn't evil

Look man my character in Skyrim can do necromancy and he isn't evil!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Donnie: "I'm pardoning Trayvon Martin, Tamir Rice, and Philandro Castille!"
Public: "But they did nothing wro-"
Donnie: "PARDONED!"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

He can’t pardon Ali: he was already pardoned 30 years ago.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Donnie: "I'm pardoning Trayvon Martin, Tamir Rice, and Philandro Castille!"
Public: "But they did nothing wro-"
Donnie: "PARDONED!"

lol, only white people who fundraise for him and black people who are dead get pardoned

everybody else gets commutations, like how that grandma is still a felon and can't vote or get tons of gov programs her taxes go toward

so Tamir Rice's death sentence would be commuted, not pardoned, which I believe would make him a lich?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Uh, the joke is those 3 were never charged with crimes.

EDIT: I forgot Martin wasn't killed by police.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

fsif posted:

I miss my better-than-Cutler-and-Fales QB, then.

You were right the first time.
I love Tannehill because he is just an anchor dragging the Dolphins down. Hes not bad enough to get rid of nor good enough to take over a game.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Look man my character in Skyrim can do necromancy and he isn't evil!

Been reading your Mannimarco I see.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

This is such a dumb Trump brain solution to the problem. It rules

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
The committee is so so dumb and petty and lol way to prove his point!

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1005093715575230468

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's kind of funny, because the reason TO isn't going is the same reason they didn't want to put him in in the first place.

When they were debating on putting him in, writers talked to a bunch of his old teammates and couldn't find anyone who said anything positive about the guy.

TO isn't going to the HoF induction because none of his old teammates want to go induct him.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
:monocle: not even jeff garcia?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Kalli posted:

It's kind of funny, because the reason TO isn't going is the same reason they didn't want to put him in in the first place.

When they were debating on putting him in, writers talked to a bunch of his old teammates and couldn't find anyone who said anything positive about the guy.

TO isn't going to the HoF induction because none of his old teammates want to go induct him.

So it has nothing to do with him being snubbed repeatedly? I thought he had beef with the committee?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

weird Asian candy posted:

So it has nothing to do with him being snubbed repeatedly? I thought he had beef with the committee?

They're just one and the same really. The reason he was snubbed is because the way the debate works is the writers talk to ex-teammates and coaches about guys and use that to build the narrative they want to argue about. Per Peter King on one of the SI podcasts, the voices for TO were mute.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kalli posted:

Pretty sure Chad is still buds with TO but lots of writers don't like him either

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Pretty sure Chad is still buds with TO but lots of writers don't like him either

Yeah, one of his old 49er teammates said something nice about him too a couple years ago. (That whole thing probably swayed enough people to where he got in this year). Per what I heard yesterday, TO's guest list for the HoF ceremony though was going to be a couple of assistant coaches (I'm gonna presume WR coaches loving loved that guy).

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Kalli posted:

They're just one and the same really. The reason he was snubbed is because the way the debate works is the writers talk to ex-teammates and coaches about guys and use that to build the narrative they want to argue about. Per Peter King on one of the SI podcasts, the voices for TO were mute.

Ahhhhhhhhhh I see. Still incredibly dumb and to your point...one in the same...neither should have anything to do with induction into the hall. Why these guys don't just judge on merit and on field production will always baffle me. Who care if anyone liked him or not?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Do players get anything outside of a free hotel room for showing up to Canton for a weekend and earning what I assume are millions of dollars for the NFL? I legit don't know but it doesn't seem like a leap to assume that they aren't getting a cut

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

weird Asian candy posted:

Ahhhhhhhhhh I see. Still incredibly dumb and to your point...one in the same...neither should have anything to do with induction into the hall. Why these guys don't just judge on merit and on field production will always baffle me. Who care if anyone liked him or not?

The way peter king put it: Look at how much they talk up leadership and going the extra mile and all that. Off the field stuff doesn't count, but locker room stuff does, and TO was widely considered a cancer.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Kalli posted:

The way peter king put it: Look at how much they talk up leadership and going the extra mile and all that. Off the field stuff doesn't count, but locker room stuff does, and TO was widely considered a cancer.

Locker room stuff has nothing to do with on field stuff though gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. TO was one of the most dominant at his position ever, it shouldn't even been a factor. Not directed at you, I'm just reminded of how stupid these people are and it frustrates me.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
T.O. is probably just scared of Harvin Marrison showing up

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
~narrative~ ~intangibles~ ~grit~

I'll probably never forget that failed Super Bowl run the Eagles made with T.O. and how much of a dominant difference he made to the team.

Idrc if dude did cardio in his driveway or whatever.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

TO just doesn't want anyone to remind people that he played for the Bills.

Edit:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I'll never forget when he left and they signed Donte Stallworth who wore 18 because he was the anti-TO which I guess included sucking but his first few games he was really good and convinced fans they were better off

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
It is still real funny that TO didn't get a sniff anywhere following his final year after putting up ~1000 yards and 9 TDs with a completely checked out QB playing for an awful Bengals team

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

pasaluki posted:

I love Tannehill because he is just an anchor dragging the Dolphins down. Hes not bad enough to get rid of nor good enough to take over a game.

I guess we shall see! Out of Cleveland, buffalo and Miami, I’d probably rank

Cleveland > Miami > Buffalo

Simply Bc I’m a big baker mayfield fan. I think Taylor is a great stopgap for a year.

Miami has a lot of eggs in the Tannehill basket but his production and play prior to injury was a high level. Edit: I’m pretty concerned with the lack of young backup, but Gase seems to LOVE David Fales and is happy with him as #2, with Brock O being our #3. Not ideal, obviously banking on Tannehill being healthy.

Buffalo drafted a 5th round QB top 10. And I forget who their stopgap is.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jun 8, 2018

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

It is still real funny that TO didn't get a sniff anywhere following his final year after putting up ~1000 yards and 9 TDs with a completely checked out QB playing for an awful Bengals team

The Barry Bonds blacklisting was worse, but god yeah.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Intruder posted:

I'll never forget when he left and they signed Donte Stallworth who wore 18 because he was the anti-TO which I guess included sucking but his first few games he was really good and convinced fans they were better off

Stallworth could be electric at times. It was pretty shocking. But then he fell to earth.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

pasaluki posted:

Ah yes, the Dalton paradox. Rumor is it's unsolvable

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Hmm...

Gronk was a name popping up.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1005132835236311040

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lots of noise about Gronk being traded. Lots of noise.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That would suck a whole lot.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
That would be bad.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lots of noise about Gronk being traded. Lots of noise.

Come to butthead

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/08/reddit-edelman-tipster-hints-at-another-patriots-story/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I refuse to believe any Gronk trade would occur today.

Tomorrow is 6/9.

• Locked thread