Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Ooh, I might get a KOMP Megatron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

drrockso20 posted:

It's what happened to Toys R Us in the first place, same company did it to Kay Bee Toys before that in fact

On the hopeful side, none of the articles I've looked at have appeared to say it's anything other than a straight purchase, for about 300 mil Canadian. Nothing about a leveraged buyout, which is what saddled TRU US with all the buying companies' debt. But maybe the press releases don't have to say anything about that.

The holding company that bought it is in Ontario, and the owner of that is a Canadian guy. An incredibly rich Canadian guy. So now TRU Canada is wholly Canadian-owned.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh man, I’ve now seen pics of SS Jazz in the wild and he is tiny. Like, he’s next to scout class RTS Windcharger and they’re the same size.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

The_Doctor posted:

Oh man, I’ve now seen pics of SS Jazz in the wild and he is tiny. Like, he’s next to scout class RTS Windcharger and they’re the same size.

Isn't he smaller than Bumblebee in the movie?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

pubic works project posted:

Isn't he smaller than Bumblebee in the movie?

Yup

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I ordered komp wheeljack and tracks. They’ll be in tonight. I’m getting excited about it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ordered the IF Coneheads instead. Absolute bargain on ebay from Bobo.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

They got anymore?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

TheDK posted:

They got anymore?

ONE! GO GO GO https://www.ebay.com/itm/162744662334

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Thanks bruv.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

TheDK posted:

Thanks bruv.

‘S’alright fam.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Christmas is saved.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

The_Doctor posted:

Were those MP scale? I’ve been looking at knockoffs because the Takara ones are a bit rich for my blood

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Opposite of MP, they’re legends size.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Also you shouldn't buy them, because you think "I'll just..." and then "Well the coneheads are..." then you own all nine whoops.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Speaking of legends airplanes, I got my sets of MechFansToys seekers and cone heads. I’m really happy with them, but the cone heads have a weird gap where the cockpit folds down to become the center of the chest. The seekers are pretty perfect though and now my top deltof display cube is perfect.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Huh. Show.Z is using my Ultima Guard photos for his Facebook ads.

https://www.facebook.com/Show.ZStore2016/posts/662231970778383

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rhyno upset with ShowZ stealing his IP, news at eleven.

ShowZ quoted as saying "We blew the images up by 10%, they are no longer his"

I know you're not actually upset

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just want recognition!!!

DaimChoc got a lot of poo poo for doing that a few years ago. But he was a huge rear end about it and claimed it you put the pics on Facebook it was fair game.

Edit: oh hey, credit on his website! Nice!
https://showzstore.com/weijiang-wj-ultima-guard-omega-supreme_p0591.html

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jun 7, 2018

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

Also you shouldn't buy them, because you think "I'll just..." and then "Well the coneheads are..." then you own all nine whoops.

I now own 8, and Slipstream is coming soon... :ohdear:

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

MakeToys announced a reissue of Downbeat. Do I plunk down the money for a pre-order, or wait and see if HasTak will deliver a MP Jazz? They said something about cutting down or stopping the G1 products, right?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
They never said anything about that, people are just paranoid.

Downbeat? The word is on the street Maketoys is gonna reissue~

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Downbeat owns and you should buy him anyway

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Guzwar posted:

MakeToys announced a reissue of Downbeat. Do I plunk down the money for a pre-order, or wait and see if HasTak will deliver a MP Jazz? They said something about cutting down or stopping the G1 products, right?

Strong likelihood there will never be an official MP Jazz or Cliffjumper due to Porsche's licensing preferences. Downbeat is the best option for now, although hopefully MMC or FansToys steps up with something better in the next few years.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

DoctorWhat posted:

They never said anything about that, people are just paranoid.

Ah, my mistake.

Keldroc posted:

Strong likelihood there will never be an official MP Jazz or Cliffjumper due to Porsche's licensing preferences. Downbeat is the best option for now, although hopefully MMC or FansToys steps up with something better in the next few years.

Oh right, I forgot about that whole licensing thing. Best to grab him while I can, then.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Downbeat wins for bot mode but Toyworld is the better car.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Downbeat's car mode is the drawback, yes. The inexplicable back end, mainly.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Peaugh posted a review of the licensed Alien xenomorph transforming toy that turns into a cube:

https://youtu.be/7WUi_OxdGZc

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

As soon as that chestburster popped out I knew he was going to complain that it's not the part of the xenomorph life cycle associated with the egg.

It's a cool little item but my Alien fandom is essentially dead in the water at this point.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Xenomrph posted:

Peaugh posted a review of the licensed Alien xenomorph transforming toy that turns into a cube:

https://youtu.be/7WUi_OxdGZc

I liked this a lot more in the pictures and I think the idea is great, but the execution is kinda lovely.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Keldroc posted:

As soon as that chestburster popped out I knew he was going to complain that it's not the part of the xenomorph life cycle associated with the egg.

It's a cool little item but my Alien fandom is essentially dead in the water at this point.

To be fair to him he didn't really complain at all about it, he just pointed it out.

I can promise you, if he didn't, his comment section would have been flooded with people doing just that.

Because it probably still is

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

There's like 7 comments on that video. And one of them is Xenomrph saying he has preordered it on BBTS.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

s.i.r.e. posted:

I liked this a lot more in the pictures and I think the idea is great, but the execution is kinda lovely.

I dunno, I think it’s a hoot. :haw: The little fold-out tail, the extending head, the spring-loaded inner mouth, I think it all comes together in a unique take on the Alien.
If I had a complaint it’s that I wish the Alien truly folded up into a cube and didn’t require the egg and facehugger to achieve that shape, but on the other hand those added things (and the egg being able to open, and acting as storage for the tiny chestburster) feels like added value when it’s not in cube-mode.

Peaugh mentions that the pics he saw of the Alien Queen and Power Loader (the next two in the series) also looked cool; I haven’t seen the pics yet, but if the basic Alien came out this neat then I’m pretty hopeful.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Did you ever pick up the Mega Bloks Kubros or just regular figure Alien?

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I guess the makers of that Xenomorph must've read the article about the deleted/storyboard scene in the first Alien movie where a Xenomorph is all folded up like a box...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Picked up Moonracer at Forbidden Planet today! :toot:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Xenomrph posted:

I dunno, I think it’s a hoot. :haw: The little fold-out tail, the extending head, the spring-loaded inner mouth, I think it all comes together in a unique take on the Alien.
If I had a complaint it’s that I wish the Alien truly folded up into a cube and didn’t require the egg and facehugger to achieve that shape, but on the other hand those added things (and the egg being able to open, and acting as storage for the tiny chestburster) feels like added value when it’s not in cube-mode.

Peaugh mentions that the pics he saw of the Alien Queen and Power Loader (the next two in the series) also looked cool; I haven’t seen the pics yet, but if the basic Alien came out this neat then I’m pretty hopeful.

I've been trying to find the Queen and Powerloader images but I'm not having any luck, maybe I'll like them better. I don't think the aesthetic of the Alien is that great, and it's a missed opportunity to have to turn into an egg (even if it had to be a cube).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

s.i.r.e. posted:

I've been trying to find the Queen and Powerloader images but I'm not having any luck, maybe I'll like them better. I don't think the aesthetic of the Alien is that great, and it's a missed opportunity to have to turn into an egg (even if it had to be a cube).

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Those look a lot better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I like the power loader one because you can believe that it might actually pack into a cube for storage and transportation.