Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DLC Inc posted:

lol holy gently caress if metal wolf chaos is coming back

But the president is evil now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Larryb posted:

Wait, I was under the impression that LiS 2 was their next major project after Vampyr (though I suppose they could be working on two games simultaneously, we still haven't seen Square's conference yet)?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they said previously that they have two games in development at the moment.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Larryb posted:

Wait, I was under the impression that LiS 2 was their next major project after Vampyr (though I suppose they could be working on two games simultaneously, we still haven't seen Square's conference yet)?

Yeah I would not be surprised if they were specifically saving that for Square's conference.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Goa Tse-tung posted:

those are some bad graphics and some flatly delivered lines, pass

Seriously. Plus the facial capture looks almost nonexistent, which isn't what you want for what I assume will be a narrative-focused game.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

That's what I figured. Still though, this game does look more interesting to me than Vampyr did at any rate (though why do the graphics look like something out of a PS2 title)?

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

Twin Mirror looks like a PS3 era David Cage joint.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Dehry posted:

https://twitter.com/koeitecmoeurope/status/1005091631102644224

The big announcement seems to be they removed the boob jiggle and characters can be bruised.
Nah, there’s gonna be boob jiggle. There just won’t be exaggerated boob jiggle.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

friendly 2 da void posted:

Heavy Rain, but actually good, would be fantastic.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Supersonic Shine posted:

Tasteful, aueteur jiggle

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Gimme Nioh 2 please.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Supersonic Shine posted:

You can turn it off completely in DOA5, so it's not really a new thing. Funnily enough, if you want less revealing outfits, the game also has a lot more options than for example SFV.

LoseHound
Nov 10, 2012

I thought the exact same thing. The psychic/supernatural stuff just instantly reminded me of the worst bits of Fahrenheit and Beyond.

univbee posted:

And now I'm reminded of the elaborate table saying which costumes were too sexy, compiled by people who wanted DoA5 taken seriously for fighting game tournaments and trying to ban the excess titillation.

lmao this sounds hilarious. Doesn't SFV also have outfits that are too hot for TV?

eSports are just so legitimate you guys.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

LoseHound posted:

lmao this sounds hilarious. Doesn't SFV also have outfits that are too hot for TV?

eSports are just so legitimate you guys.

Yeah allegedly R. Mika's default outfit in SFV shows too much boob and rear end for ESPN's liking.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
metal wolf chaos is the tale of when we had a more sane president

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

LoseHound posted:

I thought the exact same thing. The psychic/supernatural stuff just instantly reminded me of the worst bits of Fahrenheit and Beyond.

The waking up not knowing what happened is also full Cage. What with the whole waking up in random places in the rain thing Heavy Rain has going on, before it completely forgot about that plotline.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

eonwe posted:

metal wolf chaos is the tale of when we had a more sane president

Wilson 2020.

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

Another fun take on Twin Mirror would be "Deadly Premonition, but played straight and boring"

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Macaluso posted:

Yeah I would not be surprised if they were specifically saving that for Square's conference.

At the moment, the current timetable for LiS 2's release is "before 2020" so it might also be possible that we just won't be getting the game this year. Though then again, they've apparently been working on this since 2016 so I'd imagine they'd have something ready to show off by now at the very least.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Larryb posted:

At the moment, the current timetable for LiS 2's release is "before 2020" so it might also be possible that we just won't be getting the game this year. Though then again, they've apparently been working on this since 2016 so I'd imagine they'd have something ready to show off by now at the very least.

I mean they might still just choose not to show it, and go for a media blitz next E3 if it’s a Q4 2019 release.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Is this the year we're finally gonna get an Address Unknown spinoff from Max Payne 2? Asking for John Mira.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Another fun take on Twin Mirror would be "Deadly Premonition, but played straight and boring"

Ya I hope not. An FBI agent goes to a remote town with a possible murder mystery and there is a different dimension as well? They also have the word Twin in the title. These fuckers need to go full David Lynch.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Alan Wake already exists.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
It just ain't a fightin' game without scantily clad women and bare (sometimes bear) chested men.

I'm surprised DOA 6 is coming to steam. Would have thought that after DOA 5 and how that game has been totally ripped open to the point of importing other game characters into it is able to be done, and the big stink the devs made about modding in the first place.

LoseHound
Nov 10, 2012

univbee posted:

Yeah allegedly R. Mika's default outfit in SFV shows too much boob and rear end for ESPN's liking.

I thought it was one of Karin or Chun Li's bonus outfits, I didn't know it was a default. I guess I somehow forgot about the rear end-slapping sexy lady.

CottonWolf posted:

The waking up not knowing what happened is also full Cage. What with the whole waking up in random places in the rain thing Heavy Rain has going on, before it completely forgot about that plotline.

Exactly. "Heavy Rain but good" is an exceedingly tall order. David Cage loves high concept ideas and feeeeeelings and mashes it with videogamey bombast. Fahrenheit takes the opening of a neat thriller and runs with it until the story devolves into nonsense. Heavy Rain is muddled with strange scenes that get dropped or unnecessary/too-long action sequences because gameplay. Beyond is a biopic about a woman who lived her life as a government lab experiment and then became a CIA agent shooting things and then also wandered around ON THE RUN and oh I guess the afterlife is exploding.

Remember Me and Life Is Strange have similar faults in that they have big sounding ideas that putter in execution or go in dumb gamey directions. I have a good amount of fondness for all these games, but so far Twin Mirror seems to focus on the worst bits.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

haveblue posted:

You don't remember Alan Wake very well if you think it was played straight

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LoseHound posted:

I thought it was one of Karin or Chun Li's bonus outfits, I didn't know it was a default. I guess I somehow forgot about the rear end-slapping sexy lady.

Exactly. "Heavy Rain but good" is an exceedingly tall order. David Cage loves high concept ideas and feeeeeelings and mashes it with videogamey bombast. Fahrenheit takes the opening of a neat thriller and runs with it until the story devolves into nonsense. Heavy Rain is muddled with strange scenes that get dropped or unnecessary/too-long action sequences because gameplay. Beyond is a biopic about a woman who lived her life as a government lab experiment and then became a CIA agent shooting things and then also wandered around ON THE RUN and oh I guess the afterlife is exploding.

Remember Me and Life Is Strange have similar faults in that they have big sounding ideas that putter in execution or go in dumb gamey directions. I have a good amount of fondness for all these games, but so far Twin Mirror seems to focus on the worst bits.

Remember Me's problem is only the first act and ending were actually written in any detail, and the rest of the game is just mumbling along to try and bridge the two.

The far-too-common electrified enemies were also tedious as hell mid/late-game.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6tkOIFmZeQ

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

haveblue posted:

This is a really hot take if you honestly think 'let's use a heavy metal concert's lightshow to kill the monsters' is playing things straight in any way

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

we dont have an e3 shitposting discord do we?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's straight and boring compared to Deadly Premonition.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

poo poo i hadnt even thought about a new yoko taro game

that rockets up to be tied with a new bloodborne/soulslike as my most fervent hope of e3

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Taintrunner posted:

But the president is evil now
Considering that the game is all about having to take down the evil fascist president to SAVE AMERICA its more topical than ever.

Michael Wilson is the hero America needs.:v:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Accordion Man posted:

Considering that the game is all about having to take down the evil fascist president to SAVE AMERICA its more topical than ever.

Aren't you playing as the good rightful president who has to take down the evil usurping vice president?

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Saw the trailer for the robots in rural sweden game a few pages back and I gotta say that making a robot - shooting game out of that dudes art is a really boring route to take. An adventure game of some sort would have been a better fit imo.

I'm very bored of games about killing things and I hope that this e3 has some interesting games that don't involve shooting and/or hitting things until they die.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

haveblue posted:

Aren't you playing as the good rightful president who has to take down the evil usurping vice president?
Yes, the VP throws a violent coup and its up to President Wilson and his giant robot to save America from RICHARD'S totalitarian ways.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Accordion Man posted:

Considering you have to take down the evil fascist president to SAVE AMERICA its more topical than ever.

I'm 150% behind using a mech suit to save America from itself.

Then, while FromSoftware is busy with that, EA hands the Burnout license to Platinum and E3 is won forever.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Deviant posted:

we dont have an e3 shitposting discord do we?

c'mon in! https://discord.gg/uRVPGv

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Yoko Taro is going to direct final fantasy 16. Those are just the facts folks

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

I mean as long as he comes to my house and kicks me in the nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Devolved Digital and FromSoftware proudly present Metal Wolf Chaos: Trumped Up edition

• Locked thread