Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the solaire sun design thing but it's making the yaranaika face. that's what a twisted mind like mine comes up with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What are you smoking, and where can I get some of whatever it is that you are smoking

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

I'm pretty sure I saw the covenant sun design with the yaranaika climax face before I even bought the game.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

playing cooking mama tonight, in memory of bourdain ....

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

oddium posted:

playing cooking mama tonight, in memory of bourdain ....

This was the worst news to wake up to

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
yeah, rip

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Suicide, drat. At least he lived one hell of a life.

Take care of yourselves folks.

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 8, 2018

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

And in honour of the mini-Trump reactionary populist winning a majority in Ontario, I’m going to crawl under my desk and die

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Jay Rust posted:

And in honour of the mini-Trump reactionary populist winning a majority in Ontario, I’m going to crawl under my desk and die

Whatever, we'll manage, and my own riding went NDP for the first time in yonks. :toot: Plus they're the opposition now, suck it Libs!

Mordja fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jun 8, 2018

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

sorry to hear the maple syrup bottle lost to the tim horton's or whatever buckwild simulacrum of civilization goes on up there

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I know Anthony Bourdain is a famous chef but I don't think I've ever actually seen anything he was in.

What exactly did he do?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Some days I feel as if fate/destiny/whatever is a real thing. Starting on Monday I will be working at my state's geologic survey. I'm reading up on its history since its 1835 formation.

The Survey's first field study was in 1836 and occured the area in which I grew up! I feel connected even more to the past and to the foundation of knowledge I've been using for well over a decade. Now I will have the opportunity to contribute to it.

Rocks are great.

Fridays are great.

I hope everyone has a great day.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Mordja posted:

Whatever, we'll manage, and my own riding went NDP for the first time in yonks. :toot: Plus they're the opposition now,

Canada's political system could weather a TRUMP a lot better than the U.S. could. We've actually booted PM's with scandals after they held the position for only a few months, after all. Hell, it apparently happens automatically if a federal budget doesn't get approved!

quote:

suck it Libs!

Can the Libs be triggered if dissolved?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

univbee posted:

Canada's political system could weather a TRUMP a lot better than the U.S. could. We've actually booted PM's with scandals after they held the position for only a few months, after all. Hell, it apparently happens automatically if a federal budget doesn't get approved!

So that's what checks and balances actually looks like

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

FirstAidKite posted:

I know Anthony Bourdain is a famous chef but I don't think I've ever actually seen anything he was in.

What exactly did he do?

I've never actually seen his stuff, but he had a bunch of travel-cooking shows and a really gregarious personality that folks liked.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oddium posted:

sorry to hear the maple syrup bottle lost to the tim horton's or whatever buckwild simulacrum of civilization goes on up there

quote:

The new Progressive Conservative Party leader in Ontario, Doug Ford, has made it quite clear on many occasions where he stands on LGBTQ issues.

A few years ago he was the sole Toronto councillor to vote against establishing a homeless shelter for young gay men. He also supported his brother, the late Mayor Rob Ford, in the latter’s refusal to participate in, or support Pride activities.

quote:

He was also head of the Institute for Canadian Values, a think tank that targets the LGBTQ community.

Paul Melnichek is another Ford supporter and anti-LGBTQ. A very wealthy Canadian evangelist, he also has a well-documented hatred for Jewish people. Ford has surrounded himself with the discriminating religious right and if he wins the provincial election, Ontarians will be faced with a solid increase in discriminating action by Doug Ford. He has already promised to remove sex education from the school curriculum and just may return the province with anti-abortion laws. Time will reveal reality.

haha yeah how wacky dude

not that the end times are coming for homos in canada or anything but goddamn

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Lmao he's the brother of the crack smoking mayor? I'd ask how this could happen but yeah worst timeline etc etc

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Endorph posted:

haha yeah how wacky dude

I hope Trudeau grinds on Ford in his pink shirt.

Or at least on his brother's tombstone.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Endorph posted:

haha yeah how wacky dude

that doesn't seem wacky to me at all, it's a little alarming really. but i guess we just have different priorities

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

What exactly did he do?

Bourdain used to be a restaurant cook but ended up leaving the restaurant industry to make food-based travel shows. Over time, his travel shows sort of became less about the food itself, and more about using food to explore culture, get to know people, and generally learn about different ways of life. What made his work special, to me at least, was how curious and accepting he always was in his travels, all his talk about what it means to be a good guest in someone else's home, and the way he explored places that had been through tragedies (or were currently experiencing those tragedies) with real compassion.

He had a reputation for being abrasive and a "bad boy" but I think that was mostly in his youth. Just about everything he's done since starting his Travel Channel show has been the total opposite of that.

Like I really think his travel documentaries are extremely good and important work that always pushed the idea that you shouldn't be afraid of people just because they live differently than you do.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/1005091916906713091?s=21

Don’t toy with my heart Devolver

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

FirstAidKite posted:

What exactly did he do?

He was a sassy celebrity food man.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
I always appreciated what a perfect name "No Reservations" was for Bourdain's show, I hope whoever came up with that one got a raise.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

I think the first Tim Hortons in the UK or something opened near my work a couple of weeks ago, is it good

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

he also owned kissinger

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

This is part of the reason why I think Bourdain's work is so important:

https://twitter.com/jennyyangtv/status/1005094188898123776

He just had such a curiosity about food and culture and wanted to share that while highlighting the people he met along the way. That’s a rare thing.

Well, that, and his extremely good roasting of Kissinger.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jun 8, 2018

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

did someone post this yet cause it rules

https://twitter.com/MoaVideos/status/1002919143287316480?s=20

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It's happening.
:chaostrump::suspense:

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
What is that a reference to

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Metal Wolf Chaos.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Bourdain just published a cookbook themed around cooking for his daughter who is like 10. :smith:

Edit: For people asking, his show Parts Unknown is still on Netflix though I think they were planning on removing it this month (unrelated)

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 8, 2018

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Yes....yes!!!!!!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Edit: For people asking, his show Parts Unknown is still on Netflix though I think they were planning on removing it this month (unrelated)

Aw drat, yeah, eight days from now. I guess I better get my rewatching in while I can.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scalding Coffee posted:

Metal Wolf Chaos.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am now hoping for a "and this game is available RIGHT NOW" announcement for this, more than any other

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Can't wait for the hot takes on Metal Wolf Chaos in the current worst timeline.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No way a bearded politician makes it as far as Vice President in 2018

• Locked thread