Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Please trade Brady while they're at it. Just tip the bandaid off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lots of noise about Gronk being traded. Lots of noise.

Sam Darnold needs weapons

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
That same reddit poster who broke the Edelman PED story before it came out in the media said something big is coming, but I'm not holding my breath.

Although it'd be really funny if Gronk was traded and then said it was because he hates playing for Belichik and it isn't fun. Pats homers gonna be talking about how Gronk always sucked and doesn't have a winning attitude ;)

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Please send him to the nfc

Nov 6, 2002

What would Gronk be worth?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Amy Pole Her posted:

Buffalo drafted a 5th round QB top 10. And I forget who their stopgap is.
I was gonna joke that it's Nathan Peterman but it actually turns out that he's taking first-team reps at OTAs

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

piss tape israel posted:

I was gonna joke that it's Nathan Peterman but it actually turns out that he's taking first-team reps at OTAs

At least Buffalo's secondary will be busy.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Kalli posted:

It's kind of funny, because the reason TO isn't going is the same reason they didn't want to put him in in the first place.

When they were debating on putting him in, writers talked to a bunch of his old teammates and couldn't find anyone who said anything positive about the guy.

TO isn't going to the HoF induction because none of his old teammates want to go induct him.

I don't buy this. There's no way Jerry Jones doesn't jump at the chance to go up on stage and be in front of a camera to induct someone he signed

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

sharknado slashfic posted:

Please send him to the nfc

Green Bay consumes enough alcohol for Gronk to survive

On paper how do you stop an offense that has Rodgers, Gronk, Graham, Tae, Cobb?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

What would Gronk be worth?

a second and a third maybe? two seconds? even those feel high... the nfl is really stingy about firsts and you have gronk on a fair value-ish contract for only 2 more years

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

It makes perfect sense if Edelman got popped, Gronk would have too, since they're both going to Brady's drug dealer.

Nov 6, 2002

SKULL.GIF posted:

Green Bay consumes enough alcohol for Gronk to survive

On paper how do you stop an offense that has Rodgers, Gronk, Graham, Tae, Cobb?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

FizFashizzle posted:

It makes perfect sense if Edelman got popped, Gronk would have too, since they're both going to Brady's drug dealer.

The reports from the guy who broke the Edelman story are that this is not a suspension or a retirement.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Gronk to the Raiders would be hilarious. I can see him fitting in well with the black hole.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
I'd love to have Gronk but I doubt BB would trade him to a team they faced in the AFCCG.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Amy Pole Her posted:

I guess we shall see! Out of Cleveland, buffalo and Miami, I’d probably rank

Cleveland > Miami > Buffalo

I'd have to agree with that for QBs.

Cleveland is coached by a such a moron both Miami and Buffalo will finish with more wins.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Gronk to the Saints makes the most sense for obvious reasons

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/tomecurran/status/1005140909581889536

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It'd be really funny if this was all over like a Mike Gillislee trade

Nov 6, 2002

It doesn't make any sense considering they got rid of Lewis, Amendola, Cooks, Malcolm Mitchell still appears to have health problems AND now Edelman is out a quarter of the season.

Chris Hogan #1 target.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

It doesn't make any sense considering they got rid of Amendola, Cooks, Malcolm Mitchell still appears to have health problems AND now Edelman is out a quarter of the season.

Chris Hogan #1 WR.

Belichick is a spiteful rear end in a top hat so I could see him trading Gronk just because.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Belichick is a spiteful rear end in a top hat so I could see him trading Gronk just because.

Tom Brady is a great quarterback but if you take Gronk from him he becomes an average quarterback

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Someone probably fed that reddit dude a bogus story to confirm who was leaking so they could fire his rear end :rip:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think this year will be the last year for all of Brady / Belichick / Gronk, but I've also thought that for two years running, so *shrug*

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Docjowles posted:

Someone probably fed that reddit dude a bogus story to confirm who was leaking so they could fire his rear end :rip:

The Reddit guy didn't say anything about Gronkowski, just that quote unquote big news was coming. Probably the gronk thing was added later by overactive imaginations

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The guy who called the local sports station 2 days ago and dropped the Edelman news and quickly hung up just called the station again and said the Pats are trying to trade Gronk for Baker Mayfield.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

So if it's not trading Gronk, what could it be that has people going "This could be the biggest move for the Patriots"? Trading Brady?

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Gronk for Foles straight up. BDN and BB dominate the AFC for another decade.

Nov 6, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The guy who called the local sports station 2 days ago and dropped the Edelman news and quickly hung up just called the station again and said the Pats are trying to trade Gronk for Baker Mayfield.

Lol no. The Browns aren't that d- hmmmmm...

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Gronk for Foles straight up. BDN and BB dominate the AFC for another decade.

Pretty awful trade for Philly

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Makes sense, Browns are in win-now mode.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

nerve posted:

Pretty awful trade for Philly

nah, man--you have to put yourself in the mindset of "Wentz will be back at 120% on day 1 of the season and never be hurt again, and also Gronk will never get hurt"

Nov 6, 2002

If Belichick keeps shipping enough dudes he's pissed off at to the Browns eventually they have to get better, right?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

If Belichick keeps shipping enough dudes he's pissed off at to the Browns eventually they have to get better, right?

I'm reminded of Dragonball's Home for Infinite Losers.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

nah, man--you have to put yourself in the mindset of "Wentz will be back at 120% on day 1 of the season and never be hurt again, and also Gronk will never get hurt"

The Eagles are pretty screwed if Ertz gets hurt. Hard to rely on a rookie to replace his production.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

FuriousxGeorge posted:

The Eagles are pretty screwed if Ertz gets hurt. Hard to rely on a rookie to replace his production.

not as screwed as they'll be if Wentz gets hurt or can't start for a few weeks and Foles isn't on the roster

Foles performed admirably in the playoffs after a rough start and I don't think there's a more enviable position to be in than "our biggest problem is that we'll be inconvenienced if our TE gets hurt."

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Kalli posted:

I'm reminded of Dragonball's Home for Infinite Losers.

Does that mean that the Patriots are Snake Way?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

zimbomonkey posted:

Does that mean that the Patriots are Snake Way?

Redskins are Mr. Popo.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

not as screwed as they'll be if Wentz gets hurt or can't start for a few weeks and Foles isn't on the roster

Foles performed admirably in the playoffs after a rough start and I don't think there's a more enviable position to be in than "our biggest problem is that we'll be inconvenienced if our TE gets hurt."

The Eagles have faith in Sudfeld. The Foles trade is happening at some point or he is going to eventually be dropped for nothing to try and start somewhere. Need to get value while you can, and NE would be a great place to send him to have a good chance to succeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

FuriousxGeorge posted:

The Eagles have faith in Sudfeld. The Foles trade is happening at some point or he is going to eventually be dropped for nothing to try and start somewhere. Need to get value while you can, and NE would be a great place to send him to have a good chance to succeed.

I disagree. They kept Foles because they know he's good enough to win a Super Bowl if Wentz isn't healthy or underperforms. Sudfeld is an unknown quality, even if 'they have faith in him.' They don't need to get value where they can, they need to go all in on winning another championship now while they have a team loaded with superior talent and a comparatively weak division. There's every reason to believe that they can win again this year and that they'll need Foles for at least a game or two.

• Locked thread