Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Tei posted:

Fortnite BR players hate fun and picking new skills. Jetpacks did nothing wrong.

Yes, the players of the game that requires learning a lot of new skills compared to typical BR and shooters clearly just complain about something because it’s new and not because it has issues that need fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

People always complain. Sometimes even for good reason.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Tei posted:

Fortnite BR players hate fun and picking new skills. Jetpacks did nothing wrong.

yeah I think jetpacks fall into the same category as portafort, in that it somewhat helps balance the scales with building and opened up more loadout variety. I hope they make a come back, but can see why they might need some adjustment to avoid just becoming an automatic must have for endgame.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Tei posted:

Jetpacks took away one of the major downsides of unrestrained building. I think if they made it so you had to have it equipped to use it that might help but as it is it just made it too easy to never take fall damage.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
So it looks like double pumping is back.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I'm okay with adding items temporarily and removing them later. I like fresh new stuff being added constantly but don't like the number of available items constantly growing over time.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

im still pouring one out for my dear sweet friends, the jizz cloud grenade and crossbow. both gone before their time.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Based on my last game, i think light machine gun is now better close range than shotgun

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Mr Hootington posted:

Double pumping went away?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

prom candy posted:

Jetpacks took away one of the major downsides of unrestrained building. I think if they made it so you had to have it equipped to use it that might help but as it is it just made it too easy to never take fall damage.

that would make it almost exclusively useful as an 'oh poo poo my floor is gone' item. Unless you gave it an equipping wind up, in which case it's just a worse jump pad.

wa27 posted:

I'm okay with adding items temporarily and removing them later. I like fresh new stuff being added constantly but don't like the number of available items constantly growing over time.

Yeah rotating out what weapons are available could also make seasons interesting, or make for fun limited time modes.
There's plenty of things like jetpacks, crossbows, or bounce rocks that I think are fun sometimes foods, or ways to deal with weapons like SMGs just being the "Well I guess I'll carry it until I find something better" fodder

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jun 7, 2018

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

Mr Hootington posted:

Double pumping was back before, I've been doing it for weeks. With this I'll be swapping back to single pump plus heavy/tac shotty. :shrug:

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I hope they introduce some old school weapons.

Give me a roll up canon ball / tommy gun.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Coolness Averted posted:

that would make it almost exclusively useful as an 'oh poo poo my floor is gone' item. Unless you gave it an equipping wind up, in which case it's just a worse jump pad.

I'm fine with that since you would still have to give up an inventory slot just for that. Taking it in its current form is pretty much a no-brainer but if you took away its offensive capabilities it's a harder sell. Especially now that you need to carry two pumps.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Tei posted:

I'm a BR player and I enjoy both the new items and fun.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

I exclusively play br for fun and goofs with shootmans pals

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

ColdPie posted:

I'm a BR player and I enjoy both the new items and fun.

Dont take my post at face value. I was just venting my frustration how every online game have to evolve to respect a strict hierarchy of skill, so tools that may allow a bad player to kill a better player are removed. And the definition of skill is very limited.

In other words: i am bad at videogames

Tei fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jun 7, 2018

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Is it impossible to emote with one press of a button anymore? I swear you could do that last time, even tried having only one emote on.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Before there was only one emote. Now there are lots. You can also just hit B to bring up the emote menu and hit the corresponding number to use whatever emote, i.e., press B and then press 1 and you'll do the emote in the 1st slot. It's literally just one more keypress lmao.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

After they added the wheel they still let you only assign one emote if you wanted, and pushing the button would just do it.

I haven't tried it but now if you assign only one, you get a wheel with only one option? Seems stupid when they had it working the other way before.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
By the way, if you ignore C4 drops now you're an idiot. The radius buff is insane.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Tei posted:

If they kept items like jetpacks in the game, then they would have to actually balance them. If they are only temporary, they don't have to care if it's actually balanced or not :eng101:

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

I like that they try to frequently revisit the question of "is this fun?". Most of the time, they get it right away.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Shopping carts are amazing still, I hope they never get removed.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Aughhhhh. I’m stoked to get this on Switch. Come on Nintendo, mess up and release it early!!

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
SMG is actually kinda sweet, gonna run SMG pump for a while and see how it goes.

chird
Sep 26, 2004

Been playing STW for 3 months, now I'm lvl 105 and running out of things to do (though I said the same thing when I finished Plankerton, Canny, reached lvl100, etc. so I guess I like the grind or something)

Once my survivor squad is full lvl50 there's not much to do but grind vbucks for super people llamas I guess or legendary perk my traps (which are increasingly useless as guns/players/turrets become OP.) Log in once a day to collect research.

I hope they add some hard mode challenge soon but I'm not holding my breath.

Only played BR a few times. Why do the streamers always seem to be constantly shifting through their weapons when running?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

chird posted:

Only played BR a few times. Why do the streamers always seem to be constantly shifting through their weapons when running?

Gotta keep those reflexes at peak performance!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

chird posted:

It's a holdover from competitive FPS/shooters. Keeps fingers loose/warm, ready for any quick twitch movements and whatnot. I've been doing the same thing since CS 1.3 and other online shooters decades ago.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

UMG tournament spoilers:

Holy poo poo Myth got poo poo on in both rounds against Tim and Reaver. :laffo:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Jetpack and minigun is fun and hilarious.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

LMG/MiniGun are super fun and amazingly useful in 20v mode

Also I laugh whenever some dick on my team dances on my corpse instead of reviving me, then we go on to lose a game when we were up 9v2 or something idiotic.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I still reload after each kill, regardless of weapon and game. :D

Squiggles Unite
May 29, 2014
Same... This has gotten me killed so many times :cripes:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

If they kept items like jetpacks in the game, then they would have to actually balance them. If they are only temporary, they don't have to care if it's actually balanced or not :eng101:

That make a lot of sense. Thanks.

Also, I need a item in 20v, that when I die can revive me getting consumed. A gold apple. I know that would be anti-battleroyalismhungegamism, but gently caress that.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I still reload after each kill, regardless of weapon and game. :D

I do this always.
It gets me killed always.
I even do it in loving STW between zombie headshots. Old habits die hard.
I don't even know why I developed the habit. Counter strike? Still gets you killed there, too.
Some game out there didn't have an auto-reload and forced me to learn to mash R after murdering.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

DarkDobe posted:

I do this always.
It gets me killed always.
I even do it in loving STW between zombie headshots. Old habits die hard.
I don't even know why I developed the habit. Counter strike? Still gets you killed there, too.
Some game out there didn't have an auto-reload and forced me to learn to mash R after murdering.

It was counter strike for me.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

I mostly grew up with Duke Nukem and Unreal Tournament 99 so I never had that problem. :v:

Tar_Squid
Feb 13, 2012
I grew up on Doom ( the first one ) and Quake so reloading is one of those things that just doesn't register to me. Besides constantly cycling through weapons takes fingers away from checking the map button or pushing my precious shopping cart.

( I so want to build a giant ramp right outside Tilted and try to land on one of the roofs but the chance of not being sniped/blown the eff up is about 0.02% )

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Tar_Squid posted:

I grew up on Doom ( the first one ) and Quake so reloading is one of those things that just doesn't register to me. Besides constantly cycling through weapons takes fingers away from checking the map button or pushing my precious shopping cart.

( I so want to build a giant ramp right outside Tilted and try to land on one of the roofs but the chance of not being sniped/blown the eff up is about 0.02% )

Do it anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tar_Squid
Feb 13, 2012

MF_James posted:

Do it anyway

Challenge accepted.

( I am so going to die. A lot. )