Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

docbeard posted:

(Spoiler: He's not going to end the ban on marijuana. But he will absolutely blame Democrats for it not being ended.)

he'd be right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Al! posted:

he'd be right

I will never acknowledge this.

But yeah

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

docbeard posted:

(Spoiler: He's not going to end the ban on marijuana. But he will absolutely blame Democrats for it not being ended.)

and we as a party would *totally* be at fault for this, because... well, fuckin' look at us.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Had a friend who posted the story about trump saying he wants russia reinstated to the g7 with the comment “can’t wait till the sex tape comes out between this Russian plant and Putin”

He’s interning for the state democrat party in Arizona and it’s funny to see him talk about him having to collect data all the time to send to national.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
monstrous ghoul is about to die, no, not McCain

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...m=.b94bf5b86374

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Barry Convex posted:

hell yeah

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Barry Convex posted:

we lost anthony bordain and this fucker is still holding on.

frankly, i feel we got cheated.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
dunno what trump can actually do about weed stuff without firing sessions, so what're the odds of the gardner-warren bill getting to his desk? it actually seems like a decent opportunity for certain democrats to say 'hey look at me i helped' even if it fails but, you know

democrats

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
Let us remember in our prayers our friend rapidly metastasizing gastrointestinal cancer, which has in the past few weeks suffered relapses of both TotalBiscuit and Krauthammer, and pray that it makes a swift recovery

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Office Pig posted:

dunno what trump can actually do about weed stuff without firing sessions

Can't he deschedule marijuana on a whim, without Sessions being able to do poo poo about it?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

WampaLord posted:

Can't he deschedule marijuana on a whim, without Sessions being able to do poo poo about it?

:shrug:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Office Pig posted:

dunno what trump can actually do about weed stuff without firing sessions, so what're the odds of the gardner-warren bill getting to his desk? it actually seems like a decent opportunity for certain democrats to say 'hey look at me i helped' even if it fails but, you know

democrats

he can simply instruct the DEA to reschedule (or deschedule) marijuana, Sessions isn't involved in that process at all

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Stairmaster posted:

Trumps legalizing it just to bully sessions
dems are gonna be contrarian against weed and recruit sessions into the #resistance

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

he's also doing this to get back at sessions, so its out of spite, that is if he does follow through on this

anyways, smoking weed to own the libs unironically

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

he can simply instruct the DEA to reschedule (or deschedule) marijuana, Sessions isn't involved in that process at all

wait what

You can not give a hot gay gently caress about what congress says, and legalize weed dude?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

trump smokes a big blunt in front of sessions and joe kennedy and then pardons himself

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grondoth posted:

wait what

You can not give a hot gay gently caress about what congress says, and legalize weed dude?

obama coulda done that, too, but then he wouldn't have enough political capital to do that and party on billionaire island.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

the season 2 plottwist I wasn’t expecting: trump is goku

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

obama coulda done that, too, but then he wouldn't have enough political capital to do that and party on billionaire island.

That's literally an option? All this complaining about process and state legislation and the president literally coulda said "hey, this isn't an illegal drug anymore?"

oh my god

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grondoth posted:

That's literally an option? All this complaining about process and state legislation and the president literally coulda said "hey, this isn't an illegal drug anymore?"

oh my god

obama instructed the feds *not* to raid dispensaries where it was legalized at the state level.

why he didn't go ahead and just instruct them to stop caring about weed on a national level, well... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edit: we know the reason, though, because he sucks and is terrible

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Grondoth posted:

oh my god

It wouldn't legalize it in states where it's illegal. It would just end the federal prohibition.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

obama instructed the feds *not* to raid dispensaries where it was legalized at the state level.

why he didn't go ahead and just instruct them to stop caring about weed on a national level, well... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edit: we know the reason, though, because he sucks and is terrible

he didn't want to look P A R T I S A N

he was so concerned about that, same reason why he didn't issue pardons that Trump did.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Also it would only last til President Pence made it illegal again (and also all forms of dancing except for horse dancing).

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i mean, gently caress me running -- democrats react more than they pro-act.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

i mean, gently caress me running -- democrats react more than they pro-act.

a bucnh of dems started puttig forward some legislation and the media reported on trump instead, no attempt to coordinate with journos to build up hype lol

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Barry Convex posted:

my limbaugh loving dad always told me read this dipshits column

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

if i had half a brain and was a baddem i'd run on the trade war poo poo at least it wouldn't upset my billionaire donors and is something average americans are likely to vote against

instead of that they're going to listen to brain geniuses such as https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/opinion-byrd-impeachment-democrats_us_5b1994d2e4b0adfb82672df9

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agean90 posted:

a bucnh of dems started puttig forward some legislation and the media reported on trump instead, no attempt to coordinate with journos to build up hype lol

something something bernie not democrat

nah
Mar 16, 2009

it owns so hard how much money the democrats have undoubtedly spent on consultants and focus groups to try and see how viable marijuana legalization is in the upcoming elections and trump just says "yeah i'm gonna make it legal lol"

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

nah posted:

it owns so hard how much money the democrats have undoubtedly spent on consultants and focus groups to try and see how viable marijuana legalization is in the upcoming elections and trump just says "yeah i'm gonna make it legal lol"

it also really goes to show how out of touch they are because even the maga chuds like their weed it's such a blatantly bipartisan issue among people who are mobilized by it and those against it tend to be much older folk who thought reefer madness was a documentary but will go along with it given the right coaxing

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

docbeard posted:

It wouldn't legalize it in states where it's illegal. It would just end the federal prohibition.

That means weed is legal in DC though.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

we're def going to see increasingly hot takes over weed from centrist dipshits even in the gibbis threads

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Percelus posted:

we're def going to see increasingly hot takes over weed from centrist dipshits even in the gibbis threads

i really wish trump would come out extremely pro oxygen so we can weed out a lot of the resistance folks

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JeZCjxyXbg

i want to see peter daou tweet out this chelsea clip before the day is done

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Percelus posted:

I literally can't wait to hear the bed wetting takes from my state house

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

docbeard posted:

Eh, I'll believe it when he doesn't change his mind after ten minutes in a room with Stephen Miller or whoever.

the fact that he's even willing to say it puts him ahead of a significant number of actual sitting democrats

if he says it and it turns out to be a lie, well, plenty of Dems have done that too

it's p much impossible for the Dems to slam Trump on weed, no matter what happens

Percelus posted:

if i had half a brain and was a baddem i'd run on the trade war poo poo at least it wouldn't upset my billionaire donors and is something average americans are likely to vote against

instead of that they're going to listen to brain geniuses such as https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/opinion-byrd-impeachment-democrats_us_5b1994d2e4b0adfb82672df9

I only skimmed the headline, but it's better than the current Dem stance of "trump is a horrible treasonous traitor to our country who is literally a Russian plant to destroy America...and we're not going to even talk about impeachment because tjen we might lose the motivating factor behind our 🌊blue wave🌊"

the Dems have a nasty habit of campaigning on saying that a thing is bad, and then not actually doing anything about that something

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFidjqaakfg

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

wrong thread?

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

StashAugustine posted:

wrong thread?

no just some sweet flanking/outmaneuvering action

trump might not be the 4D chess mastermind maga chuds like to pretend but he can beat schumer anyday at checkers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
My local "progressive" candidate opposes legalization, rofl.

https://www.scottwallacepa.com/

• Locked thread