Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

Buffalo somehow got stronger and i love their talent, i just really don’t like Allen. I think Miami needs a majority of potential starters to step up... but when does that ever happen?

Cleveland i love every move they made minus that CB over Chubb. I know Cleveland likes that pass rusher they have next to Myles Garrett, who was injured last year, but Chubb would’ve immediately improved their secondary because you have 2 top top tier pass rushers, 1 pretty good one, and two very good DTs

I think that there was enough to suggest that Chubb wasn't going to translate well to the pro game. I don't know how much I believe it, but I can certainly see the red flags. If they didn't like what they saw, I don't hate taking Ward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The theoretical trade back talk at #4 is dumb. If you view Ward as a future shutdown corner and trade back do you KNOW for sure he's going to be where ever you fall back to or do you move on your guy?

Hell I wanted Chubb more but saying they should've traded back is dumb when we don't know what offers they had for the 4.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Yeah Ward's already practicing with the first team, they're putting a lot on him.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The theoretical trade back talk at #4 is dumb. If you view Ward as a future shutdown corner and trade back do you KNOW for sure he's going to be where ever you fall back to or do you move on your guy?

Hell I wanted Chubb more but saying they should've traded back is dumb when we don't know what offers they had for the 4.

Yeah I agree, and although Chubb was the best pass rusher in the draft he wasn't an absolute, no joke instant stud. At least there's a clear strategy and it makes sense in the context of the team's strengths and weaknesses. If any decision really comes back to bite them it's gonna be at QB I think. Even though I like Mayfield there's no doubt he's a gamble and that was a really ballsy choice which they'll be blamed for if it doesn't work out

god dammit when does the season start

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/nbcsandiego/status/1004973914752073729?s=19

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

holy loving poo poo

https://twitter.com/AdamKurkjian/status/1005196159240024064

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Trade Brady already God drat

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
:staredog:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

gently caress you Tom Brady.

RIP the possibility of Gronk as a Niner.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Trade Brady already God drat

If the Patriots trade Brady, Robert Kraft will have a hit put on him.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

lol Gronk is gonna demand a trade now after being this blatantly disrespected by Belichick

edit: joking aside how do you repair that relationship? Your coach was an inch away from shipping you out for Value, how do you listen to him and follow his commands and orders unconditionally up to Belichick's previous standards after that?

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jun 8, 2018

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Come to San Francisco, Gronk, you know you want to.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Read the top response.

That's literally a joke post in reference to pats twitter melting down over that reddit pats forum guy revealing he was trolling everyone and had just guessed the Edelman news.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Joke or not, I want to see Gronk on the Tits.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kalli posted:

Read the top response.

That's literally a joke post in reference to pats twitter melting down over that reddit pats forum guy revealing he was trolling everyone and had just guessed the Edelman news.

I mean of course the Patriots PR guy is gonna say it's not true.

Not seeing where it says it's a joke post though... I must be missing something.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/WeirTacflash77/status/1005198953795719169

AlaskaPatsGuy is on the case

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkDanielsPJ/status/1005137950605217797

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kalli posted:

Read the top response.

Here's another Pats guy who doesn't think it's a joke post. It might all be bullshit but I'm pretty sure these aren't intentionally trolling.

https://twitter.com/DMooreNFL/status/1005203486865346560
https://twitter.com/PatriotsInform/status/1005198022706384902

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kalli posted:

that reddit pats forum guy revealing he was trolling everyone and had just guessed the Edelman news.

This is that, by the way: https://www.reddit.com/r/Patriots/comments/8pnj58/as_promised_at_5pm_et_the_major_patriots_story_is/

Ahh, how far we've come since the days of Chris Henry that TFF is now sitting placidly watching while Reddit cranks the journalists.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I like the philosophy of get all the patriots with talent on to my team

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Jimmy 2 Gronk huh.

I'd allow it

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Metapod posted:

I like the philosophy of get all the patriots with talent on to my team

The Patriots operate on dark magic like in Field of Dreams and if any of them leaves they become ordinary schlubs.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Quiet Feet posted:

The Patriots operate on dark magic like in Field of Dreams and if any of them leaves they become ordinary schlubs.

Logan Ryan was really good last year

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Not a True Scottsman.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kyle Shanahan's kissing Bill's rear end really seems to be working out for him.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Pats should have just traded Brady instead of Handsome Jimmy, IMO. I mean, of course they're going to somehow luck into some amazing QB next year but still.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Brady is untradable because he's just retire.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

How much longer can Gronk hold up ?? two more years? The last couple years have been brutal on his body and while his on the field production is still p. good when he is on the field I think it would be a mistake for either of those teams to trade something worthwhile for him. I don't think either the niners or titans are in "WINDOW IS NOW MUST WIN NOW" where it makes sense to give up something very valuable for 2 years of Gronk.

Tho Gronk on the Titans would be pretty badass. Actually it makes a lot of sense for them the AFC is garbage Gronk on the titans could push them into #3 seed territory

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

:shrug: then let him go.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

EmbryoSteve posted:

Tho Gronk on the Titans would be pretty badass. Actually it makes a lot of sense for them the AFC is garbage Gronk on the titans could push them into #3 seed territory

Yeah if only the Jaguars and Texans and Chiefs and Chargers and Ravens didn't exist

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

a neat cape posted:

Yeah if only the Jaguars and Texans and Chiefs and Chargers and Ravens didn't exist

Lmao @ Ravens

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I mean they had the same record and Baltimore had a better defense and way better point differential.

Tennessee naming the playoffs with a negative point differential is embarrassing

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I dunno, I think you might be able to convince him to wear SF gold like Montana

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

a neat cape posted:

Lmfao

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Let's hope Belichick intentionally gets Brady killed on the field in order to regain control.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

would you rather have the best backup in the nfl or the best starting TE by a mile in the NFL

The Eagles have both already. :confused:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Go post nominations in the douchebag of the year thread, my dudes.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

a neat cape posted:

Tennessee naming the playoffs with a negative point differential is embarrassing

Not exactly the most uncommon thing in the world though. Just in this past decade:

code:
17 TEN -22
16 HOU -49
16 MIA -17
16 DET -12
13 GBP -11
12 IND -30
11 DEN -81
11 NYG -6
10 SEA -97*
*:smugbird: :hawksin:

sharknado slashfic