Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I only played like a couple hours of Bravely Default, I’m gonna go back after I beat OoT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I wonder if Soul Calibur 6 or the Witcher 3 will see the Switch either; it would be cool to have Geralt on the nintendo

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Not to worry; Geralt’s Super Smash Bros. reveal trailer will be dropping soon.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Is hollow knight ever coming out

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

its curtains for Kevin posted:

I wonder if Soul Calibur 6 or the Witcher 3 will see the Switch either; it would be cool to have Geralt on the nintendo

I bet the Switch could handle the stand-alone Gwent game, which isn't my thing, but some people like it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zangetsu Solo Mode is sweet in cotm, appreciating the extra challenge too for how breezy the original playthrough is

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Zangetsu Solo Mode is sweet in cotm, appreciating the extra challenge too for how breezy the original playthrough is

Yeah and you can make it even tougher if you don't kill Miriam, Old man and Alucard. It's really good

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNje3jfYLl4

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Taiko no Tatsujin is getting an English release on Switch!!!!! always wanted to play these crazy rear end drum games

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

goferchan posted:

Taiko no Tatsujin is getting an English release on Switch!!!!! always wanted to play these crazy rear end drum games

wtf hell yes

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
is it an Asian release with an English option or a full localisation?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

is it an Asian release with an English option or a full localisation?

It's the former, you're still gonna have to import. Still rules tho

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Region free rules

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

an actual dog posted:

Region free rules

this a thousand times

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

an actual dog posted:

It's the former, you're still gonna have to import. Still rules tho

Eshop is region free too :cool:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

oh my godddd i need to beat cia's tale too to get the hammer? i might just fuckin beat the bird without it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You need to beat cia's tale to unlock wind waker tale which you also need to beat to do like 90% of the levels on WW map bc a lot of them require WW chars

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

goferchan posted:

Eshop is region free too :cool:

I once changed my region to Mexico because Shovel Knight was like half the price there but by the time I finally did it they fixed the price so not only did I end up paying more for the game but I also had to pay some exchange rate conversion fee on my credit card :cool:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I once changed my region to Mexico because Shovel Knight was like half the price there but by the time I finally did it they fixed the price so not only did I end up paying more for the game but I also had to pay some exchange rate conversion fee on my credit card :cool:

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Wise Gamer: Aha! 59 Euro and some change? Someone just saved himself a quarter on this $60 dollar compilation!! I pity the poor sucker in India who's dropping thousands on this.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I blame Slickdeals rather than myself, personally

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm playing Sushi Striker on my 3DS and it rules. The 3DS is so good.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

goferchan posted:

I dunno how this would even be fun without a big rear end taiko in your room.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

an actual dog posted:

I'm playing Sushi Striker on my 3DS and it rules. The 3DS is so good.

SNES games at their original resolution while still taking up the whole top 3ds screen almost literally made me cry when I saw it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Fungah! posted:

oh my godddd i need to beat cia's tale too to get the hammer? i might just fuckin beat the bird without it

It's extremely easy to beat the bird without it since the attack when you end focus spirit mode manually always makes the boss weak point gauge appear. Eventually you'll want it for harder Great Sea levels but you can at least easily unlock the WW characters you'll need to progress on the orther maps

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

You need to beat cia's tale to unlock wind waker tale which you also need to beat to do like 90% of the levels on WW map bc a lot of them require WW chars

Nah if you haven't unlocked them in Legends they're all unlockable on the WW map itself. I think they may start at level 10 that way instead of like level 30-something but whatever training levels is cheap

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't unlock any characters bc none of the items have appeared yet

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

I can't unlock any characters bc none of the items have appeared yet

Great Sea map is kind of annoying because it makes you do some levels twice to unlock poo poo cuz you have to beat the level before you can advance far enough to get the item to search on it. None of the others really do that though; generally I'd say the adventure maps get better-designed and interesting as they go along just because they came out later in the 3DS versions DLC cycle. They're all massively improved by the ability to buy search items though; before the Switch version you had to replay maps to get more items and it was loving lame

edit: like the Lorule map has items that you can use on the map to give you a bonus to elemental damage or rupee drops or poo poo like that during battle, and the Grand Travels map has a rare item (not in the rupee shop) that lets you remove the character restrictions on a square and battle as whoever. They're still challenging but the gimmicks are more like positive things instead of ways to mitigate negative things and therefore way more fun

goferchan fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jun 9, 2018

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

nintendo. ninty. the big n

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Nintendo just announced Kindgeratan no Consent 6 for Switch!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

When is the direct

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Plutonis posted:

When is the direct

the 12th at 1 your time

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i search for thi s email from time to time to remember when yoshi busted out the big eggs

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I can’t wait for Nintendo’s E3 presentation!

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

its curtains for Kevin posted:

I can’t wait for Nintendo’s E3 presentation!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I am worried that even Nintendo cannot save this E3, guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/Stammy/status/1003169578099150850