Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It ran at like 9 fps if there were trees nearby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Finally got the platinum in Dark Souls.

After playing through all the games, i can confidently say that DS1 has the worst inventory management in the series.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Quick Bloodborne note: Darkbeast Paarl is a masterclass in how not to do an enemy hitbox goddamn. Thankfully the game gives you a tanky NPC summon to help you out a lot.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

JC3's PC port god mediocre reviews as well which sucks. I watched a friend play it on his PC and it ran like a dream. *puts on JC3-themed sherrif hat* guessI'm the thread's local JC3 apologist. Pleased to meet you. Some of the things I did to make the game really fun is I would take out entire bases while trying to not touch the ground at all. poo poo owned.

It only got a little tedious when you got to the last 1 or 2 things needed to be destroyed to capture the point but they significantly improved that problem from JC2 since in JC3 you at least knew exactly what to look for. Hoping JC4 adds like a pointed or some sort of more subtle clue as to the last few things you need to destroy to capture the base. Didn't even occur to me my whole time playing it that people had a bunch of problems with it cause I was having such a blast. But again, I am a WHOOOOOOORE for the wing suit+parachute combo. Staying in the air as long as possible was so drat fun.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Dead or Alive 6:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecYRKkc6GGI

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I didn't even get to the framerate bothering me, the constant pausing while it tried (and often failed) to connect online whenever you did anything was enough to stop me from playing.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Whoa. Boob physics for guys seems to be the big reveal here. Not sure I would have seen that coming.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

DrNutt posted:

Whoa. Boob physics for guys seems to be the big reveal here. Not sure I would have seen that coming.

gently caress yes now I do'nt ever have to stop jerking off

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I've read that PS4 Pro's Boost Mode fixes Just Cause 3's frame rate. I have it on my Pro but I've yet to boot it up...

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Holy poo poo, you go to sleep one night and when you wake up everyone is talking new/remaster metal wolf chaos!?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Can I just say that very few phrases in the english language fill me with a greater sense of pride, patriotism and JUSTICE than "Michael Wilson, the 47th President of the United States of America" :911:

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

Policenaut posted:

I've read that PS4 Pro's Boost Mode fixes Just Cause 3's frame rate. I have it on my Pro but I've yet to boot it up...
From what I've seen it helps, but not really

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

beep by grandpa posted:

Can I just say that very few phrases in the english language fill me with a greater sense of pride, patriotism and JUSTICE than "Michael Wilson, the 47th President of the United States of America" :911:
From decided that that game was too American for America. Thinking about the situation now, maybe they were right?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Transferring data to my piping hot Pro, ready for that sweet 4K bloodborne. Told the gf I’ll be busy tonight... on the hunt.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Transferring data to my piping hot Pro, ready for that sweet 4K bloodborne. Told the gf I’ll be busy tonight... on the hunt.

I just loaded up my brand new Pro today too! debating what to play between Horizon, God of War and Shadow of the Colossus. and Monster Hunter.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Bloodborne 4k!!!!!!

Bad news friend

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I just loaded up my brand new Pro today too! debating what to play between Horizon, God of War and Shadow of the Colossus. and Monster Hunter.

Shadow of the Colossus. It's short and looks amazing.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I hope this whole 4k thing goes away soon like 3DTV did so they can go back to focusing on things that matter.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Samurai Sanders posted:

I hope this whole 4k thing goes away soon like 3DTV did so they can go back to focusing on things that matter.

Squinting at something in 240p?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Samurai Sanders posted:

hmm I'm going to go to the tv store and find a 1080p non-smart tv because I'm a sensible man who enjoys sensible th- oh, wait, no.

Travv0
Jan 26, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

But 3d was a weird gimmick and 4K is a natural extension of the way things have been going since screens first existed

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

Tbh 4k is interesting (I mean 2x the resolution, can't beat that if it's legit and not cheating fuckery) and given how much DigitalFoundry talks about it, I really wish to see what this HDR is all about on true hardware........

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

DrNutt posted:

hmm I'm going to go to the tv store and find a 1080p non-smart tv because I'm a sensible man who enjoys sensible th- oh, wait, no.

I do wish I could buy a non smart TV, tbh, since my PS4 does all that poo poo anyway.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

DrNutt posted:

hell yeah I love jumping to the defense of smart tvs they're just the bes-

https://twitter.com/internetofshit/status/981580756337258496

https://twitter.com/internetofshit/status/839351918799519744

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

DrNutt posted:

I own a 4K TV. I want frame rate so much more.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tvs are all gonna have ai assistants soon. Its already started with new models coming with alexa n'poo poo.

Cant escape 1984

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I really love the majority of developers are giving the 4k 30(ish) 1080/60 option. Choose your path

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

I own a 4K TV. I want frame rate so much more.

you're not gonna get better than 30 in most games and you're just gonna have to accept that. 4k isn't some gimmick tho and not wanting better resolution doesn't make any sense regardless of any other concerns

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Manatee Cannon posted:

you're not gonna get better than 30 in most games and you're just gonna have to accept that. 4k isn't some gimmick tho and not wanting better resolution doesn't make any sense regardless of any other concerns
I don't think higher resolution = more better forever, any more than I think that about frame rate.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I will avoid plugging my TV into the internet for as long as I can. All it should do is take a video and put it on the screen. If I want smartness it can be in the external boxes I plug in.

Travv0
Jan 26, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

I don't think higher resolution = more better forever, any more than I think that about frame rate.

But 4K is very visibly better than 1080.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

4k isn't more better forever though. Its observable from a normal sitting distance.

Pc crazy people wanting 120 instead of 60 is overkill. 4k ain't yet.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jun 9, 2018

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
PC people are already jumping to 8k, they're not a reliable comparison.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Bombadilillo posted:

Bloodborne 4k!!!!!!

Bad news friend

Why is my life hell

Also 4K isn’t a gimmick it’s natural progression, just like me naturally being disappointed bloodborne never got updated for the pro

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Travv0 posted:

But 4K is very visibly better than 1080.
Maybe if you have a giant TV. It’s a minor difference on my 42 inch. There are many other things I want more.

Edit: ironically it would mean more on my PC screen since I sit so much closer to it.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Samuringa posted:

PC people are already jumping to 8k, they're not a reliable comparison.

I wonder how that works hunched in a basement chair inches from your screen?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I've got a big TV and 4k is fuckin rad.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

JBP posted:

I've got a big TV and 4k is fuckin rad.

:yeah:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

Tbh this is a big reason I've transitioned out of PC gaming as I've aged the last few years and pretty much exclusively game on my PS4. I love kickin it on the couch by myself or with my lady or a friend throwin back drinks and fuckin around on SA and twitter on my phone instead of hunched over in my spare bedroom trying to stay focused enough on the game to not masturbate. Especially hard to keep that temptation down if I'm playing MGSV, Overwatch or Minecraft where everyone is so sexy how am I supposed to not jack off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

Really well thanks